Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
this sexy beast rules so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
The only way for a flatbed to be at night is lit up like a Christmas tree. Maybe Santa brings a few more lights out for the Binder this year.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

A brand new ride for me, love it so much!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

A brand new ride for me, love it so much!

Steering wheel seems to be on the wrong side bub.

:colbert:
I thought you were one of us!

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

KakerMix posted:

Steering wheel seems to be on the wrong side bub.

:colbert:
I thought you were one of us!

My perfect unicorn (2+0, hard top , twin turbo) is still sitting in Japan. But my wife gave the hard pass on dropping 14,000 on a car that I could not see. This one is nice, spent 25 years of its life in Alabama, the last two have been in the PNW. No rust, mechanically well sorted, probably going to do some sanding and primer on the front fascia then get it wrapped (same color). Interior needs alot of help (its burgundy red) so slowly going to convert it all to black.

This thing is stupid fast though. I met up with him through a local tuner that has a good rep. it is putting down 398 whp 403 wtq on a conservative tune and I love it.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Did you have a real estate agent take these photos for you?

(Nice truck)

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

eyebeem posted:

Did you have a real estate agent take these photos for you?

(Nice truck)

There would be an HDR filter applied about ten times if that was the case.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Soon you'll be able to form your own tiny Voltron.

He's going to need like 11 more for that.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Finally, $2400 later, fixed wheel bearing, rear susp and new tyres.

I'm not 100% happy about how much higher it is after all the susp work, but whatever...
Now the brakes, interior and start saving for a stroker m54 and manual conversion.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 12, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
How could a time stamp be so huge and ugly in 2017?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
My kid broke my camera, this is some lovely old camera someone gave me. Eh, it works, but yeah, samsung.

polygon_monkey
Nov 28, 2000

I'm Quadro-spazzed
on a life-glug.
Just replaced our Qashqai with this, a BMW 435d Gran Coupe. It was a factory order so the wait was long but it was worth it. It sure goes when you put your foot down.

For balance we also picked up a Nissan Leaf as a second car.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

polygon_monkey posted:

Just replaced our Qashqai with this, a BMW 435d Gran Coupe. It was a factory order so the wait was long but it was worth it. It sure goes when you put your foot down.

For balance we also picked up a Nissan Leaf as a second car.

BMW's trashing of their own naming rules on this car makes me irrationally angry.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Darchangel posted:

BMW's trashing of their own naming rules on this car makes me irrationally angry.

I too prefer when they stick to their old naming rules, like with the BMW Individual M760Li xDrive V12 THE NEXT 100 YEARS.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MrYenko posted:

I too prefer when they stick to their old naming rules, like with the BMW Individual M760Li xDrive V12 THE NEXT 100 YEARS.

No, I mean the simple stuff. They declare a few years ago that henceforth a 2-door 3-series will be a 4-series, then promptly introduced a 4-series 4-door that is also inexplicably called a coupe, while also still having a 3-series sedan. I thought Germans were sticklers for rules and precision? Must be a US marketing decision.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Darchangel posted:

No, I mean the simple stuff. They declare a few years ago that henceforth a 2-door 3-series will be a 4-series, then promptly introduced a 4-series 4-door that is also inexplicably called a coupe, while also still having a 3-series sedan. I thought Germans were sticklers for rules and precision? Must be a US marketing decision.

They did, and then almost immediately abandoned that train of thought when they realized that they make about a gajillion imperceptibly different models now, and have to differentiate them in ways other than using the series. I agree with you that even if they decided to abandon the old naming scheme, at least stick to the new one, but even the new one didn’t allow enough granularity for BMWs horribly bloated product line to be adequately named numbered.

Edit: BMW X6 xDrive 40d M Sport :catdrugs:

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
I assume calling it the 340i Hatchback Edition didn't focus group as well.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Wake me up when they make a 666i xxxDrive Back In Black Edition...............Sport

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Darchangel posted:

Nah it’s worse elsewhere - US market doesn’t have the 2-Series (RWD coupe) and 2-Series (FWD mini MPV) problem. China gets an additional FWD model, the 1-Series sedan.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That house is horrific.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Shrapnig posted:

That house is horrific.

So was your loving post.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Terrible Robot posted:

So was your loving post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syV2LkGpQB0

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Terrible Robot posted:

So was your loving post.

He’s not wrong though

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

redgubbinz posted:

Wake me up when they make a 666i xxxDrive Back In Black Edition...............Sport

Sport Coupe (that's a 4-door hatchback). :colbert:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Shrapnig posted:

That house is horrific.

Get a load of this guy!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Snow is technically water, so this counts as sailing, right?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
IM SORRY BUT WHY

Love those meaty tires. Rad car.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Powershift posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I won't have it for another two months but I do own it

1990 Toyota LiteAce. Not a turbo diesel unfortunately but is 4WD, 5 speed manual and has a ~Skylite~ roof.
:getin:

It's identical to this one but swap out the auto for a manual transmission.
http://www.mendelsgarage.com/listings/1991-toyota-townace/#next

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 24, 2017

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

MrYenko posted:

They did, and then almost immediately abandoned that train of thought when they realized that they make about a gajillion imperceptibly different models now, and have to differentiate them in ways other than using the series. I agree with you that even if they decided to abandon the old naming scheme, at least stick to the new one, but even the new one didn’t allow enough granularity for BMWs horribly bloated product line to be adequately named numbered.

Edit: BMW X6 xDrive 40d M Sport :catdrugs:

In fairness this isn’t so bad, it’s not much different to an Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro Black Edition.

The old naming convention ([series][engine displacement] I.e. 3 Series with a 2.0l engine being a 320i) hasn’t been used in years, ever since they started using identical engines in various states of tune with the first 1 Series and E90 3 Series.

The real travesty is when they shift the meanings of model numbers mid life cycle. Pre facelift the current 1 Series had the 114i, 116i and 118i (not including the performance models), all with the same engine at 101hp, 136hp and 175hp respectively. When they gave the series a facelift, the 114i was dumped, the 116i became the 118i, and the 118i became the 120i. Engine outputs remained the same, and the new 118i got a new 1.5 3 cylinder engine a short time later. However the diesels remained the same (116d, 118d, 120d etc), only the 116d also got a new 1.5 3 pot engine as well.

To complicate it even more, my 118i is one of the first facelift models, but still has the old 1.6l engine. Long story short the model designation means gently caress all now apart from higher number = faster. Still love mine though.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

KakerMix posted:

I won't have it for another two months but I do own it

1990 Toyota LiteAce. Not a turbo diesel unfortunately but is 4WD, 5 speed manual and has a ~Skylite~ roof.
:getin:

It's identical to this one but swap out the auto for a manual transmission.
http://www.mendelsgarage.com/listings/1991-toyota-townace/#next

My dad bought one in 86. Traded in the kingswood wagon for it. It was a heap and a few years later he bought a mits L300 van, also sucked. The '69 kingswood was good though; shame that vans ruin families.

Rib Feast
Feb 18, 2003

I just finished strapping snails to my V10 R8. Running 7psi @ 738whp :tipshat:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rib Feast posted:

Jesus christ that must be a minor handful.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rib Feast posted:

You should post about this more before you die.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Rib Feast posted:

Yeahhhhhhhhhh! Yeah good. Good af. Do a burnout and also a launch.

Rib Feast
Feb 18, 2003

Larrymer posted:

Haha ok it's late here, will gather some vids and pics on the weekend (if I don't die getting the milk)

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Larrymer posted:

Ya

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Powershift posted:

What kind of car is this? Beautiful lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
That's a Lincoln Continental Mark IV. Judging by the bumpers it's a 73.