Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There was a handful of people in this thread who were convinced the changes would kill PVP as well.

Purely anecdotal but I've seen more PVP in the DZ, and far less ganking. The death squads are still present but they're no longer protected by non-rogue buddies, and you no longer have the issue where they're all pre-buffing and readying up before opening fire. That poo poo has to be done while they're at risk like anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
About every minute or so my game completely locks up for about a second, then it continues as normal. Does this happen to anyone else? Any known fixes?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
1. There was no reason to believe R2.0 would kill the DZ. I think we all got that, but it's insane no one else did. I will also be curious to see how DZ deaths has changed in a few months from now.

2. The shield issue in Stolen Signal is a legitimate thing. At 8K ELE, my shield had 770K health. It gets completely destroyed while protecting a hostage. While the hostage survives, I think it would be more reasonable if non-D3 build shields were slightly more viable for playing the objective.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Somewhere in the settings is a buffering distance slider or something like that, it determines how much worldspace around you it buffers. set that to max.

that fixed the only stuttering problem I had, but the symptoms were a little different than yours so I can't guarantee it as a fix but it's a good thing to do anyways.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
ANOTHER. loving. FERRO MASK.

I like the Cleaners but this is getting ridiculous. :suicide:

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
I got a House out of the weekly assignment cache yesterday. That was a red letter day.

But yes, DZ bosses carry nothing but Ferro Masks it seems.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does DZ level affect anything, or is it just a bar to watch go up?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Unlucky7 posted:

Does DZ level affect anything, or is it just a bar to watch go up?

A long time ago being able to buy certain items for sale in DZ safe houses required a minimum level of some amount, but these days its just a number.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
6 piece banshee is :dukedoge:

I just absolutely wiped out a 3 person manhunt squad by waiting for them to leave cover and popping tac. The damage numbers were...insane. All those multiplicative bonuses....

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

MREBoy posted:

A long time ago being able to buy certain items for sale in DZ safe houses required a minimum level of some amount, but these days its just a number.

These numbers are still there but I think the caps are 15/35/35 now, which is mega easy to obtain the way XP scales, XP gear applies to DZ now, and there’s no death penalty.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Final post of the burst posting to say that the Jungle Mask is the best looking mask in the entire game, and well worth the grind.

I used 4 chars to sweep the 3 riker LZ bosses when I had time, for 12 guaranteed, and then spent time circling the DZ riker bosses and going rogue on anyone who tried to hop into the route. It actually goes by quickly and you get a surprising amount of loot and GEbux.

I guess you can cheese Larae in WT1 but I tried that about 5 times and wanted to hang myself. But do it if you have to. The mask is sick.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

Is this something people are saying? Cause I've seen plenty of rogues already, except last night where I'm not sure if it was people farming GE stuff or my connection hiccuping throwing me into an empty server.
I was joking, but that's what many people were saying, all based on the PTS where everyone was a Marcostyle wannabe who all had minmaxed Predator/Nomad/House on the first day because it was a TEST SERVER. Everyone just tried for level 5 manhunts and not much else.

In the live game, the toggle is not a big deal at all. And you can do stuff like deploy a sticky bomb at someone THEN toggle rogue and set it off, happened to someone in my group a couple days ago

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
So I got exotic Urban MDR to drop, but it's gear score 267 and I''m 280. How do I get it to be 280? Is that optimization/calibration, or it's RNG and you have to wait for a 280 or whatever drop?

edit: thanks bro

Twat McTwatterson fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 14, 2017

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Twat McTwatterson posted:

So I got exotic Urban MDR to drop, but it's gear score 267 and I''m 280. How do I get it to be 280? Is that optimization/calibration, or it's RNG and you have to wait for a 280 or whatever drop?

You have to optimize it. Its base GS is 256 so it's got a low damage roll on it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So I stole a "Heel" marksman rifle from a rogue. Anyone put it to good use? Seems good enough but it kicks like a bastard.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Roman posted:

In the live game, the toggle is not a big deal at all. And you can do stuff like deploy a sticky bomb at someone THEN toggle rogue and set it off, happened to someone in my group a couple days ago
Yeah, that was the shits :v:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poptart_fairy posted:

So I stole a "Heel" marksman rifle from a rogue. Anyone put it to good use? Seems good enough but it kicks like a bastard.

Find a Devil and you’ll solve that problem. Devil and Heel are my default deadeye snipers now.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Who would go Rogue when they're carrying stuff. That's so dumb.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kibayasu posted:

The point is they go rogue, steal some stuff, and thus are Carrying Things.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kibayasu posted:

me, when i have an exotic or classy piece i dont want that would otherwise go to waste

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Unrelated to anything else I have to appreciate the commitment to the literally event-long Ramos-"comedy"-fest in Kips Bay general chat.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Kibayasu posted:

Unrelated to anything else I have to appreciate the commitment to the literally event-long Ramos-"comedy"-fest in Kips Bay general chat.

Has Ramos turned into Mankrik?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rick_Hunter posted:

Has Ramos turned into Mankrik?

I don't know who that is but I'm going to guess yes he has.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Kibayasu posted:

I don't know who that is but I'm going to guess yes he has.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Mankrik%27s_Wife

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Then in that case even worse because it's just a bunch of people inserting "Ramos" into movie titles and memes.

Also, its kind of amazing the kinds of obvious things you miss just because you haven't thought about them for a while. I always found the Bullfrog pretty hard to control, even with 20% stability from 2 piece Strikers so I just kind of ignored the one I had, as good a roll as it was. It never really occurred to me, after switching to using a shotgun with Strikers almost exclusively, that it wouldn't matter how hard it would be to control if I was standing 3 feet from someone. It didn't occur to me that an additional 10% stability from 5 piece Strikers would make it easy enough to control to use even from respectable distances. Then I got a (terrible) Bullfrog from a cache and went "Waaait a second, don't I have a really good one of these?" Turns out the one I had already was a natural 282 gear score, just had to roll Swift off off of it for Ferocious and it's like I've rediscovered assault rifles all over again.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
Does anyone have really specific info about how GE leaderboards work? I'm almost positive that it only tracks GE credit gain for one character, because for two days now I've done a ~25-minute world boss farm across 3 characters and my Highest Global Event Credits Per Hour stat still doesn't reflect that. I wondered why it didn't yesterday, so I timed and counted everything today, and in 60 minutes I earned 4800 credits (I skip Riot because it takes forever to run to him and Fumes because he doesn't loving spawn half the time, or spawns above ground or whatever). My stat still says 3013, same as two days ago (I know this is low but I would rather uninstall the game than speed farm lexington with randos one more time). It's totally possible I'm missing something here, but someone let me know.

Also does this mean I can't open the survival caches I've gathered across my characters all at once for a boost at the very end, since they can't all be transferred to one character?

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Question about the supply drop: what determines when they expire/run out? Is it just on a timer? Also in the Dark Zone, if a pubbie and me are near a supply drop, do I have to race him to it to grab it, or do we each get our own instance?

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Is anyone running six piece Nomad? I got my last piece last night and i’m trying to decide how I want to set it up. I was thinking I would get high enough firearms to trigger responsive, put the rest into stamina, and dump electronics because healing shouldn’t be an issue.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

IronDoge posted:

Question about the supply drop: what determines when they expire/run out? Is it just on a timer? Also in the Dark Zone, if a pubbie and me are near a supply drop, do I have to race him to it to grab it, or do we each get our own instance?

The LZ supply drop sticks around for a few weeks before resetting. It’s a gift for seasons pass holders.

The DZ ones are all on the same 5 minute timer. They are a shared instance. You’re supposed to fight over them. People don’t really as much any more tho, because tommy guns are bad.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They're on a timer of several minutes. Up for grabs by anyone, so the first to open gets all the loot.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Brine posted:

Is anyone running six piece Nomad? I got my last piece last night and i’m trying to decide how I want to set it up. I was thinking I would get high enough firearms to trigger responsive, put the rest into stamina, and dump electronics because healing shouldn’t be an issue.

No because I’m running six piece pred. On a related note, it doesn’t mater how you set it up.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
I found and took one down yesterday but there were no GE credits attached to the name, which is why i was taking it down, shame :(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Man, I've only found like 3 pieces of classy poo poo so far, but then again I'm only 271 and can't solo super easily in T5.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Fuzz posted:

Man, I've only found like 3 pieces of classy poo poo so far, but then again I'm only 271 and can't solo super easily in T5.

You should be able to solo pretty much all of the basic stuff in T5. Do you have a particular build or working toward one?

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No because I’m running six piece pred. On a related note, it doesn’t mater how you set it up.

Is the damage on that okay in PvE? If I get my gloves ever it will probably be my main DZ set.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Ok so I have a shitload of gear set items. Like a massive amount, from a massive amount of different sets. Is there an easy way that I'm missing to determine if I have all 6 pieces of a particular set? With a ton in my stash, and my backpack full, how do I figure out if I have full sets without writing down each piece on a piece of paper and then methodically going through it and then equipping them?

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Did my first Times Square Legendary solo with my classy striker set. Can’t wait to complete d3 and Nomad to try with those sets too!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

chami posted:

Did my first Times Square Legendary solo with my classy striker set. Can’t wait to complete d3 and Nomad to try with those sets too!

Man, maybe I just suck more than I think I do but I couldn't solo that with Classified Strikers. What's your build/setup and did you fight from somewhere in particular?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

You should be able to solo pretty much all of the basic stuff in T5. Do you have a particular build or working toward one?

I have the 4 piece Nomad set and 2 pieces of Alphabridge because I've managed to get all the talents on my guns unlocked that way. Guns are pretty good, a 273 Aug with elite and armor damage, and a First Wave M1 with extra armor and headshot damage. My health regen is something stupid like 30k/sec. The only other set I can hit all the stat reqs for my guns easily with is Banshee, and I'm thinking I'll get murdered if I DZ solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Stop being scared of the DZ.

• Locked thread