Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm pretty sure he lost that when Crocop broke his orbital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just loving :lol: at Sapp's kickboxing and mma record post 2006.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
If there's one thing Sapp is an expert at its showing up and getting paid, so I trust him when he talks about money.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah its retarded to make fun of him for telling the yakuza guys trying to squeeze him to gently caress off instead of fighting

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
sapp built an amazing career out of being a congruence of every racial stereotype the japanese hold about black people.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Tj gets in really good guys for sparring. Lomachenko and now takeru. drat

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Triticum Guzzler posted:

For some reason, K-1 champion Takeru is in Colorado training with TJ Dillashaw. I don't know if Cody is getting an immediate rematch but I can guarantee he's not getting that quality of sparring

Maybe posting himself getting handled by Loma has got non-MMA strikers lining up like those dudes in Airplane.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Non-mma strikers

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
So guys who're handily better than MMA fighters at striking.
I mean, sure you don't need belt holders in boxing and K-1 for that.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Tj is handily better than 99% of mma fighters in striking

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Who would be the top five active strikers technique wise in the UFC? TJ has already been spoken for. Joanna? Stipe? Lawler?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
saki

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Cody has insane boxing. Cerrone and Conor are the best combo throwers in MMA that ive ever seen.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lawler tends to lead with his face a lot, I think I'd pick Wonderboy as a more technical striker despite the horse stance karate (gently caress Woodley). 2nding Cerrone and adding Conduit

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i saw a stat last night that Robbie Lawler hasn't attempted a submission in his last 30 fights

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Reminds me of my favorite statistic, that Mark Coleman lost every fight where his opponent attempted a submission.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

Reminds me of my favorite statistic, that Mark Coleman lost every fight where his opponent attempted a submission.

lol no way

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thinking twice about it Bonnar must've attempted at least one, so maybe I heard that before UFC 100? I am sad to find out it wasn't true the way I remembered it because it seemed very perfect.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Nierbo posted:

Cerrone and Conor are the best combo throwers in MMA that ive ever seen.

Nate Marquardt....

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

Thinking twice about it Bonnar must've attempted at least one, so maybe I heard that before UFC 100? I am sad to find out it wasn't true the way I remembered it because it seemed very perfect.

i hope its true

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Coleman's career of stuffing fan takedowns is way better than his mma career.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Trast posted:

Who would be the top five active strikers technique wise in the UFC? TJ has already been spoken for. Joanna? Stipe? Lawler?

i like aldo and woodleys striking. woodley in particular. it depends what you mean by technique, like well rounded condit style or just effective and accurate or what.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Trast posted:

JDS, Conor, Whitaker, Garbrandt, Holloway I think. IDK

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Lawler RDA is a crazy fight who's going to win?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
barboza, tferg, whittaker, stipe... uh i forget who else is in ufc o yeah conor if he fights

mewse
May 2, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

i like aldo and woodleys striking. woodley in particular. it depends what you mean by technique, like well rounded condit style or just effective and accurate or what.

I feel like Woodley is disqualified for using extreme cowardice as the best base for mma

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Gay Horney posted:

i think rda is hungrier but his last brutal knockout loss was in the first round to a smaller, weaker robbie lawler like fighter

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Gay Horney posted:

The owners and associates of Big Time Buck's Extra Good Blood Mops

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

"this ain't a movie"
https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/941355516655296512

mewse
May 2, 2006

As a local that definitely looks like a winnipeg basement

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The Worst, most lamentable dust man is the best cryptofascist slur a Japanese executive has every delivered, bar none.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
If anyone still cares, here are the people who haven't been tested in 2017. As expected, it isn't as insidious as Kidd made it seem

https://twitter.com/dimspace/status/941357172839079937

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

i think rda is hungrier but his last brutal knockout loss was in the first round to a smaller, weaker robbie lawler like fighter

They're not really like each other. Lawler has pretty solid in pocket defence for a crazy chin first brawler. Alvarez gets by primarily on enthusiasm.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
does mike perry have some kind of brain disability

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

SquirrelGrip posted:

Must be something in the water.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LobsterMobster posted:

If anyone still cares, here are the people who haven't been tested in 2017. As expected, it isn't as insidious as Kidd made it seem

https://twitter.com/dimspace/status/941357172839079937

Barnett is still under a UFC contract? Thought he upped and retired.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Unfunny Poster posted:

Barnett is still under a UFC contract? Thought he upped and retired.

He's been doing a fair bit of pro wrestling (as has Tom Lawlor) so I assumed he'd been released as well

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

SquirrelGrip posted:

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

Must be something in the water.

Hahahha nice.

I have such a love/hate thing with Mike Perry. He's so cringeworthy, but his self belief/fights are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LobsterMobster posted:

He's been doing a fair bit of pro wrestling (as has Tom Lawlor) so I assumed he'd been released as well

If I recall correctly, isn't Tom Lawlor still being tested even though he is suspended? I think I remember him saying he still has to fill out those whereabouts forms so they can come find him whenever they want.

• Locked thread