Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

TheAgent posted:

I thought kayak was the resident legal goon

:kayak:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

ManofManyAliases posted:

- Game is still in development
- 400+ people can't all be wrong
- It was a pledge God drat-it.

- :negative:

Whatever happens, whether catastrophic or delightful, I appreciate very much that you’ve continued in our company, MOMA, despite the slings and arrows sometimes aimed in your direction. It takes grit to stand defiant against a consensus. Your steadfast commitment to hold the line has lead to some spirited and often hilarious exchanges and inspired so much good writing and comedy. It even earned you the high honor of a namesake thread, and “Big MoMA’s House” was the thread at its absolute fiercest, finest and funniest.

Even as you were being cast down, you were being lifted up, and in posterity will be immortalized. The thread has been the longest running party I’ve ever attended, and for my money, there was no chapter finer than the glorious, unhinged, ”tear-the-roof-off!” lunacy that took place at Big MoMA’s House.

:pgabz::sandance::slick:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Foo Diddley posted:

I wonder how long he's going to give CIG to get their poo poo together before he stops telling people about the game. Two weeks?

Dude it's worse than that. This is the new narrative now, get used to it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

TheAgent posted:

I thought kayak was the resident legal goon

Kayak is lleading counsel. The rest of us are his juniors.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Beet Wagon posted:

...........No poo poo. Sickening truths being revealed today.

Beet Wagon posted:

Sure, but let's be real - he's been asleep on the job for years now. We might need to bring in a team.

He looked at CIG's response to Crytek's complaint and was "what the hell do you need me for?"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

Acceptance stage

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

Whatever happens, whether catastrophic or delightful, I appreciate very much that you’ve continued in our company, MOMA, despite the slings and arrows sometimes aimed in your direction. It takes grit to stand defiant against a consensus. Your steadfast commitment to hold the line has lead to some spirited and often hilarious exchanges and inspired so much good writing and comedy. It even earned you the high honor of a namesake thread, and “Big MoMA’s House” was the thread at its absolute fiercest, finest and funniest.

Even as you were being cast down, you were being lifted up, and in posterity will be immortalized. The thread has been the longest running party I’ve ever attended, and for my money, there was no chapter finer than the glorious, unhinged, ”tear-the-roof-off!” lunacy that took place at Big MoMA’s House.

:same: I'm glad you're posting with us MoMA, here at the end of all things.

(also Big MoMA's House is still to this day my favorite thread title, I don't know why)

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
What's the MoMa word to quote the poo poo out of for the next year, then?

We already quoted to death the old one and, as much fun as that was, it's time for a renewed "I want to believe" quote.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

I'll give X3 a try because I think building up your power over time to build a fleet/merchant empire or whatever is more rewarding than just grinding for the next ship in E:D.

I like litcube's universe as a total conversion, as it has a couple of differently scaled 'threats' that give you something to push against, rather than just unfucking the economy. It does make the stock market slightly less gameable and more like a passive way to dump some cash over a long period of time rather than acting as a day trader in your M4 wankpod.

Vanilla tended to streamline down to me loving around in Teladi space, getting stock market access and gaming the gently caress out of that with time compression. LU tends to force me to engage more with the game and having a side business in 2nd hand M5s

I might have those the wrong way around, because it's been a while. Still a better game than SC.

Helium Rain is a version with the serial numbers filed off that I've enjoyed, but nothing beats a capital ship pagga in X3.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

no_recall posted:

One last one before the year ends.

Someone call how much the Christmas / ELE / Couttes Interest Repayment / Crytek Lawsuit / Year End - Sale Livestream Extravaganza is going to reap!

All guesses / prizes / donations will be taken in before Thursday.

A bunch of you don't have PM enabled so I still have a bunch of unclaimed keys, lets do this!

Buy a Starship!

$2,474,206.90

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

no_recall posted:

Someone call how much the Christmas / ELE / Couttes Interest Repayment / Crytek Lawsuit / Year End - Sale Livestream Extravaganza is going to reap!

A bunch of you don't have PM enabled so I still have a bunch of unclaimed keys, lets do this!

Buy a Starship!

I was way too close to winning last time at 6.4 Million. Let's say that this holiday stream will bring in 750k. That sounds pretty drat low, so unless something goes incredibly "right", I'll have no chance of winning Line of Defense.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I'm really excited to see what you can sell to a community sitting on top of a mountain of unreleased purchases to celebrate the failure to release a product.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Acceptance stage

Amusingly, I hit that about Lord Humungous of Smart in around 1997.

Dusty Lens posted:

I'm really excited to see what you can sell to a community sitting on top of a mountain of unreleased purchases to celebrate the failure to release a product.

Man, if you really threw some money into those land claims, you'd be kicking yourself right now.

We need some optics on that grey market, because that's going to be incredible.

Drunk Theory posted:

I'll have no chance of winning Line of Defense.

Most of us are both winning Eve and Line of Defense.

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 18, 2017

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Dusty Lens posted:

Look at this point such the celebration is longstanding tradition. Now buy another Idris and join us in celebrating Twoweeksmas

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

no_recall posted:

Buy a Starship!

I'm gonna go nuts and say 4 Million. This is the past due Mark Hamill trailer we're talking about here and it wouldn't be CIG if they didn't sell some new SQ42 upgrade package.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Virtual Captain posted:

I'm gonna go nuts and say 4 Million. This is the past due Mark Hamill trailer we're talking about here and it wouldn't be CIG if they didn't sell some new SQ42 upgrade package.

"Legal Insurance"

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EightAce posted:

CIG have already answered Skadden and his upstart junior legal team. Ortwin personally rebuked them . The were told to gently caress off basically with this frivolous nonsense and that CIG would be coming after Crytek for any costs incurred . Job done , now on with some more mopping motion capture.

LOL! Yeah, given the clowns involved, that totally sounds legit :D

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DapperDon posted:

The man payed his debt to society. You either believe in the justice system we have as being just or you realize that it is in fact a vengeance based system and justice is never really served at all with a debt that can never really be repaid no matter how much you keep paying for it.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/942771376359960578

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/942770777169985541

----------------

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They're gonna get over 3mil if they throw down a Christmas sale and beat last years funding or at least the tracker will say that because bitcoin Star Citizen can only go up up up!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Looks like Derek solved the spin lock issue.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

alphabettitouretti posted:

There are enough reasons to point and laugh at these dummies without bringing up irrelevant criminal records. It's best if former convicts are not shunned and excluded from society for the rest of their lives.

Being involved in the star citizen community is far more shameful.

I agree - completely. See my Tweets

quote:

Also Derek, I wouldn't be so quick to link to that refunds poster offering to pay filing fees. That seems mildly loving shady to me. £25 a pop adds up. I don't believe they aren't looking to get something out of it.

True. But do we care what those guys do to each other? I know I don't.

----------------

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

no_recall posted:

Buy a Starship!

5.5 million

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

FailureToReport posted:

God help me, you're unblocked.

One of us... one of us... one of us...

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

no_recall posted:

Buy a Starship!

5.4321 million.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
In the words of the great Henry Hill, "Now is the bad time."

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Beet Wagon posted:

This dude has been an ardent defender of SC for years and has a bunch of posts in /refunds to that effect and over the last couple weeks he's shifted so much I had to double check that he wasn't a goon account

Is this the guy who used to post sad farewell "sorry to see you go" messages?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beet Wagon posted:

(also Big MoMA's House is still to this day my favorite thread title, I don't know why)

Sunk Cost Gallaxy was poetic, sublime and inclusive. An easy “get” for the rubberneckers, “oh, it’s a play on sunk cost fallacy, and it’s about that big space game... I get it.”

Big MoMA’s House was parodic, ludicrous and exclusive. It’s a puzzle, a padlock, and to an outsider looking to peek in on that supposedly funny forum someone told them to check out, a defiant mystery. ”Who the hell is MoMA? Why is everybody dogpiling the guy they named the thread after? So this guy is actually somebody named Toast? No wait— what? Wait — who died? Why are people glad that somebody’s family died? Wait — are they dead? Yeah woo oh do dop da — WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS PLACE?!”

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

G0RF posted:

Moma is good. I like him.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh.

I mean yeah me too.

Haha.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Beet Wagon posted:

In hindsight I'm sad that I didn't think to archive the thread titles. If only we had someone (or someones) dedicated to keeping a record of that sort of useless errata

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

:allears:

----------------

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/942072589689806848
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/942112038574329858
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/942413292286435328

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

Big MoMA’s House was parodic, ludicrous and exclusive. It’s a puzzle, a padlock, and to an outsider looking to peek in on that supposedly funny forum someone told them to check out, a defiant mystery. ”Who the hell is MoMA? Why is everybody dogpiling the guy they named the thread after? So this guy is actually somebody named Toast? No wait— what? Wait — who died? Why are people glad that somebody’s family died? Wait — are they dead? Yeah woo oh do dop da — WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS PLACE?!”

it took marching powder to keep that thread on track.

So, I take it that I'm the only one interested in the fact that they firmly took the private game servers off the table by the move to Lumberyard? Minor point, but they were already heading to cornercaseville with some of those stretch goals.

Toops posted:

Moma is good. I like him.

One day he'll have to let you in on the date when CiG stopped cutting checks.

"The contract that I haven't seen clearly is breached by both sides"

Not how it works, fuckwit. I mean, great if you're an orange dildo attempting to keep David Duke happy, but not so good as a legal principle.

'quid pro quo' is not what you wanted.

Hav fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 18, 2017

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Acceptance stage

The thing that's always bothered me the most in this entire saga has been the Battle of Truth. I marvel at just how much evidence these people need in order to dislodge them from their beliefs. But Star Citizens are just a particularly grating sample of the entire social landscape: All the information in the world and no way to use it.

Open-mindedness and "go-with-it-ness" is (IMO) one of the most important skills a human needs to lead a fulfilling life. Being open-minded requires a monk-like devotion to the art of skepticism, which is really just a form of detachment. The stronger I desire something to be true, the more skeptical I should be about the information, and the more detached I should be from the outcome. Otherwise, I risk deluding myself, and winding up at odds with the way the world is. In this modern information age, where anyone can say anything and sound authoritative, with no time-delay and no curation, the battle for Truth has turned into a hellish nightmare where the subjective nature of reality is opening chasms along social fault lines we didn't even know existed.

I just hope that on the whole, the hardcore Star Citizen fans can take a long look in the mirror and finally realize that even they have blind spots.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Hey,

When is DS going to file his Amicus Curiae brief?

Also refresh here: https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/23222744/Crytek_GmbH_v_Cloud_Imperium_Games_Corp_et_al

for updates.

Superbowl

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LMAO!! I drat near spit my coffee. As proof that CryTek violated their contract, he posts...and opinion video that doesn't have any facts of that?

:laffo:

----------------

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

fuctifino posted:

I feel shame :(

e: vvvv loving LOL :five:

Sunswipe posted:

I feel hame

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

no_recall posted:

Buy a Starship!

A cool $5 million

Even more if Sandi does the Sharon Stone leg crossing/uncrossing scene from Basic Instinct

Mne nravitsya fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

LMAO!! I drat near spit my coffee. As proof that CryTek violated their contract, he posts...and opinion video that doesn't have any facts of that?

There's also the fact that a contract breach complaint is very specific and doesn't become "What Sharon said about our Gran that time".