Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I’m actually okay with Lawler being out of title contention for a while because it means he can fight guys like condit again

A week and a half until Carlos is back. Unless he has major ring rust I think he's going to put Magny down. It probably won't look like a standard Condit fight since Magny also has great conditioning but I don't think Magny has the tools to avoid being tagged and eventually once he shows weakness brutally murdered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

A week and a half until Carlos is back. Unless he has major ring rust I think he's going to put Magny down. It probably won't look like a standard Condit fight since Magny also has great conditioning but I don't think Magny has the tools to avoid being tagged and eventually once he shows weakness brutally murdered.

Magny’s ascent is interesting because he’s still just as limited a fighter as he was when he washed out of the weakest season of TUF but he’s made the most of every one of his strengths. When he runs into somebody who can take advantage of his limits he just gets squashed, but he can grind a win out of almost anybody.

I think Condit will squash him.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
condits been doing the retirement pee dance for a few years. mangys a legit hungry competitor. dunno both are good

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Magny also has satanic powers while Condit has the power of milk and toast.

mewse
May 2, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Magny also has satanic powers while Condit has the power of milk and toast.

For this and other reasons I'm picking Magny

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Condit is getting rocked by Maia, a young dude like Magny might just turn his lights out.

Time beats everyone in the end. Lawler vs Condit 2 for a double retirement fight regardless of what happens, please.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
It's crazy how many fighters I've seen and thought "Man that guy has a good chin," only to later see them brutally KO'd when it finally cracks. I'm glad they are getting more defensively savvy these days.

Sam Stout comes to mind.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

El Roncho posted:

It's crazy how many fighters I've seen and thought "Man that guy has a good chin," only to later see them brutally KO'd when it finally cracks. I'm glad they are getting more defensively savvy these days.

Sam Stout comes to mind.

Hunt getting Manhoef'd was the final reminder that nothing gold can stay

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/takerusegawa/status/942980236471296001

good poo poo

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

At least Manhoef is Manhoef though.

I remember Kazuyuki "Iron Head" Fujita getting jabbed into space by noted KO artist Travis Wiuff long before Overeem almost killed him with one of the most destructive knees in the business.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

#rudwigmartialarts

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Takeru

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
mighty mouse is gettin tko'd, if he's not too scared to take the fight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Twitter Man posted:

#rudwigmartialarts

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fat Twitter Man posted:

#rudwigmartialarts

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

So can Dillashaw keep both belts if he wins? Has that been discussed?

The DJ fight is gonna be sick but there are still guys at 135 I'd like to see him fight too.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

this is fuckin cool. takeru isn't the most technically refined kickboxer on earth but you couldn't find a better sparring partner to bring in a different look and prepare for pressure fighters, and this is entirely down to ludwig. the california teen girl squad hosed up by letting him go.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this is fuckin cool. takeru isn't the most technically refined kickboxer on earth but you couldn't find a better sparring partner to bring in a different look and prepare for pressure fighters, and this is entirely down to ludwig. the california teen girl squad hosed up by letting him go.

He's a snake.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I think that move was initiated by Duane - he didn't want to live in Faber's oompa loompa town and I don't blame him.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

yeah you're absolutely right.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
also: fighting is a force for social good. takeru dropped out of high school but later rejoined so he could take part in k-1's child fighting tournaments. and now look at him, learning a second language. thank you to the rudwig language school.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Bisping & his manager sued each other & the docs are public now so you can see some ufc financial stuff. Most importantly, Dana White confirmed that someone (probably Brock) was paid for doing TUF with a tractor.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Work Friend Keven posted:

Bisping & his manager sued each other & the docs are public now so you can see some ufc financial stuff. Most importantly, Dana White confirmed that someone (probably Brock) was paid for doing TUF with a tractor.

I think it was a combine, I remember Dana talking about it. He agreed because he thought a combine would be like 50k and it was six times that.

E: when I googled this all i found for a source were old Keven posts

Fat Twitter Man fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 19, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I’m phone posting so I can’t link it sorry.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Video probably cuts out early cuz Takeru dazes TJ with the finishing head kick.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That’s a retarded conclusion to make but alright

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Skip My Posts posted:

That’s a retarded conclusion to make but alright

lmao

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Rudwig vs Sutoruvu

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

drat it

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The self ownage hurts but I’ll grow from it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
it is good to post, and grow, together

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/Ealvarezfight/status/943276818475479040

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's from Philly so it is probably true.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

quote:

“I have plan for cutting weight,” Nurmagomedov said. “I’m gonna cut my left or right leg [off] Friday morning, before weigh-ins. Now we think about this — left or right?”

hospital or cemetary for khabib?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
before the prize fight for hundreds of thousands of dollars, there is an initial, more difficult fight a man must face, with italian desserts

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

He's from Philly so it is probably true.

i forget if the story is that they were already on a date, a fight started and eddie's future wife waded in throwing punches, or if they met when a fight happened and eddie's future wife waded in throwing punches, but yeah

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I'm tearing up over here.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
screaming EDDIEEEEEEEEEEEEE while she waded in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She sounds like she's orange and has bad posture, gonna have to be a hard pass from me.

• Locked thread