Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

Probably a variation of what most people did

I actually used the sedative poison on that priest, because.... well, game has been out forever and it seemed like the only time its ever been appropriate. Felt good to finally use it, even though it was pointless, because I had nothing better to do at the time than stand there and watch him drink it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Mister Adequate posted:

Sick, thanks goonfriend!
Just as an FYI it takes 7-8 minutes for him to die though

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Lollerich posted:

Just as an FYI it takes 7-8 minutes for him to die though

Did it earlier, that wasn't a problem as I was doing one of the cameraman kills for Strandberg and it takes awhile for the crew to walk over and get through security and stuff. I got the message about Zaydan dying just moments after I dropped the moose!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

FronzelNeekburm posted:

And I got the Winter Suit! :dance:

It's so pretty :)

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I got SA an exceedingly safe and boring way. You can go through the apartments into the sewers and slowly 1 by 1 coin and knockout everyone down there and in the crypt. The dude and bodyguard wandered into the then-empty crypt and I dropped a gun to lose the guard, then shot the target with my silenced weapon. By the end I had a huge pile of bodies where no one was left patrolling.

It says 12min on the timer but it took me about 3-4x that because I was experimenting with poo poo and restarting.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The random pathing is pretty dumb on the early ETs. It's interesting to see that they went away from that and it made most of the later ETs much better. The Bookkeeper moves but his path is a fixed loop, and The Badboy won't leave his video game unless you destroy his car or trigger Dino Bosco's Q&A. While there was some randomness in ETs like The Fugitive, they fixed it by giving each individual candidate for the target a relatively predictable movement area and path and just made the random part be which guy is the actual target.

Strange that it took them this long to realize it, as I believe the very first ET has a fixed (and extremely long) path, and was great for it. :shrug:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
What are the escalations with rewards? Hard to tell from the menu without visiting each one, and there are a lot of escalations!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Nakar posted:

The random pathing is pretty dumb on the early ETs.

Yep. Had to restart The Prince like 3 times because his pathing would break and he’d literally stand outside between the church and the funeral parlor forever.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I had the game crash as I was on my way to the exit after poisoning him and it took like, a dozen retries before I could recreate the same method because he kept going different ways or bugging out. And then when I finally did poison him (and exited long after "Unnoticed Kill" had popped up) I didn't get the "No Bodies Found" bonus :negative:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I've just got to get a few more challenges done in Hokkaido and I'll have 20/20 on every map!

Then the real game begins.

e; wait hold up a second, how can you do Situs Inversus without a body being discovered? Do you have to do the heart sabotage kill for Soders?

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 19, 2017

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Soders is a set piece, not a body. You can blow him up or put a bullet in him or stab him with machinery or electrocute him or poison him or whatever, it doesn't matter.

protip: Killing him also doesn't count as a non-target kill, so you can feel free to put a bullet in his head in contracts that you want to change the pathing of certain people (hospital director, head surgeon, some of the staff in the surgical theater observation rooms, etc)

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Mister Adequate posted:

e; wait hold up a second, how can you do Situs Inversus without a body being discovered? Do you have to do the heart sabotage kill for Soders?

Accident and poison kills don't count against bodies being discovered, although you have to give the game a few seconds for the "unnoticed kill" prompt to pop up. I think each of the Soders-specific accident kills has its own associated challenge, and all but one of them is relatively safe to pull off without getting spotted.

But aside from that, Soders is weird in that he doesn't count as a person the way the game normally counts people, so there are ways to very overtly kill him that don't count against you.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

IIRC the pro strat for SA speedruns is to start in the garden and just literally toss a block of C4 into the operating theater

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Oh huh interesting stuff, I'll have to play around and see what the possibilities are then!

StashAugustine posted:

IIRC the pro strat for SA speedruns is to start in the garden and just literally toss a block of C4 into the operating theater

:lol: Amazing. Video games are art.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Any tips for the current ET btw? Did a few recon runs but nothing really jumped at me. Does he have food to poison?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Any tips for the current ET btw? Did a few recon runs but nothing really jumped at me. Does he have food to poison?

If you go down to the crypt, you can disable the cameras and leave a weapon on the stairs to separate him from his bodyguard, then deal with him when he's left alone.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Zigmidge posted:

What are the escalations with rewards? Hard to tell from the menu without visiting each one, and there are a lot of escalations!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

StashAugustine posted:

It's pretty easy. Get a bodyguard uniform, get into the crypt, knock out the priest in the evidence room, get rid of the evidence, when the target goes to the basement drop a gun to get his bodyguard to leave and just syringe the target.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
I started in the safe house and picked up the pistol from there and the gardener disguise from the apartments on the way to the church.
Grabbed the coins and vaulted the wall next to the morgue then dropped the pistol by the crypt to separate the target from his bodyguards.
Blended in while waiting and syringed the prince when he made his phone call behind the crypt... Then got spotted while booking it for the exit.
:negative:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/942937531733172224

Funny how much you can speculate into this

:pray:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

100% chance its just a clever callback but I Want To Believe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Was that the level with the elevated spa pools? And you could shoot the bottom out and the occupants would plummet to their deaths?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Was that the level with the elevated spa pools? And you could shoot the bottom out and the occupants would plummet to their deaths?

yep

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mondian posted:

Soders is a set piece, not a body. You can blow him up or put a bullet in him or stab him with machinery or electrocute him or poison him or whatever, it doesn't matter.

But smashing the heart does count as a kill, don't ruin your sa patient zero like I did.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

The Corky Commotion (in Paris) gives you the clown bat, the Dexter Discordance (in Hokkaido) gives you the striker pistol and I forgot what the third reward was so I have no idea which escalation it is.

EDIT: after googling around I found out it's The Cheveyo Calibration (Marrakesh by night) and it gives you a sniper rifle.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 19, 2017

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
You also unlock an SMG for doing any ten Escalations.

Note that Escalations do not care about score, only completion. Finishing the final level will give you the challenge and any applicable unlocks, whether you got SA or 0 points.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Awesome, I remember really enjoying that one and I'm pleased and delighted that IO are clearly going to release a complete top to bottom remake of Blood Money in the 2016 engine - and if they don't, I will be angry at them :argh:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Jerusalem posted:

Awesome, I remember really enjoying that one and I'm pleased and delighted that IO are clearly going to release a complete top to bottom remake of Blood Money in the 2016 engine - and if they don't, I will be angry at them :argh:

Oh wow, now that I've read with my own eyes that IO are going to release a remake of Blood Money in the new engine, I'm also very excited!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

shut up blegum posted:

Oh wow, now that I've read with my own eyes that IO are going to release a remake of Blood Money in the new engine, I'm also very excited!

I'm counting this as a second source on this story :aaa:

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Jerusalem posted:

I'm counting this as a second source on this story :aaa:

With three sources now, it's pretty much confirmed, right?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

You fools, the diverse team of men and women at IO can't touch Blood Money without being struck down by its tutorial.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

next teaser: 47 in the new clown costume, slowly walking towards a suburban home...

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

next teaser: 47 in the new clown costume, slowly walking towards a suburban home...

I'd kill to play the opera level in 2016's engine.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

shut up blegum posted:

The Corky Commotion (in Paris) gives you the clown bat, the Dexter Discordance (in Hokkaido) gives you the striker pistol and I forgot what the third reward was so I have no idea which escalation it is.

EDIT: after googling around I found out it's The Cheveyo Calibration (Marrakesh by night) and it gives you a sniper rifle.

Rad, thank you. They seem to all be 3-mission escalations while others aren't. Though look through the list, I'm seeing a 3 mission escalation in Paris regarding the battle axe. Do you get to keep it?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Zigmidge posted:

Rad, thank you. They seem to all be 3-mission escalations while others aren't. Though look through the list, I'm seeing a 3 mission escalation in Paris regarding the battle axe. Do you get to keep it?

No, the battle axe is just like a normal fire axe. It's present in some levels, but you can't equip it unfortunately.
That escalation is really different by the way. I gave up on it :downsgun:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Ah, this must be what this update to 2016 Steam is currently downloading!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Killing every single person on that level dressed as Santa (except the infinitely spawning elevator guys) was a special kind of cathartic and the newspaper was hilarious.

:pray: indeed.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I have fond memories of that level going badly and ending up dragging a hostage into the helicopter during a running gun battle with the guards

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

"Players will also get access to our seasonal 'Holiday Hoarders' contract, where two thieves have gained access to the Paris fashion show and are stealing all the presents. As Agent 47, it's your job to stop them, for good. "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Super No Vacancy posted:

"Players will also get access to our seasonal 'Holiday Hoarders' contract, where two thieves have gained access to the Paris fashion show and are stealing all the presents. As Agent 47, it's your job to stop them, for good. "

Looks like it's the same thing as last year, but rereleased for new players? Was it ever not available?

Looks like it comes bundled with the Showstopper map & missions for free though, so pretty cool if for some reason you don't already have Paris.