Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://pastebin.com/2cUHYzQU

Saving up for a gear change. Endgame is getting a +1 decay bow and presence of chayula; how much are upgrades to belt/rings/boots/gloves gonna cost? It looks like it'd be stupid expensive to push up to like 8k ES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Got this off a Zana daily in Abyss tonight:

POE Trade has a few similar-ish for 6-7 exalts, that seem about right?

Also the game keeps giving me Abyss jewels focused on Axes, but I did Ngamahu's Cyclone last league. Any interesting axe+board or dual wielding axe builds out there worth trying?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

Got this off a Zana daily in Abyss tonight:

POE Trade has a few similar-ish for 6-7 exalts, that seem about right?

Also the game keeps giving me Abyss jewels focused on Axes, but I did Ngamahu's Cyclone last league. Any interesting axe+board or dual wielding axe builds out there worth trying?

id say 6-7 is a bit high for a ring that gives 60 life 9 quant and 40ish resist, maybe 4-5

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I don't understand all the mechanic's and intricacies of things in this game to understand this item and how it works. Can anyone enlighten me?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
If you leech over your life cap the belt fills the rest with ES that slowly drains at 5% per second. This means you have an extra health buffer that only exists while you're leeching and doing damage, because otherwise you can't get energy shield any other way.

Great for hybrid defense attack builds.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

interrodactyl posted:

If you leech over your life cap the belt fills the rest with ES that slowly drains at 5% per second. This means you have an extra health buffer that only exists while you're leeching and doing damage, because otherwise you can't get energy shield any other way.

Great for hybrid defense attack builds.

I guess I'm not understanding how that is better than simply having the ES up with 4% less maximum prior to the combat, or are there playstyles/builds that normally leech so much in packs that they are just constantly full, in which case this gives you a better ability to absorb a huge spike hit, but most of the big spike hits I've seen are against a single target, where you aren't going to be leeching that much due to not having the huge packs and number of hits/kills to leech from.

Of course I've only seen a small fraction of the game, just made it to act 5 tonight.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

because that es buffer will just get instantly evaporated with no way to sustain it. being able to leech to your es and life makes a big difference

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
it's basically slayer's overleech but a little worse because of the degen

it prob works best if you have a relatively low amount of ES compared to life (like, 5k life and 2.5k es? idk)

the biggest issue i can see with it, besides ES attack builds being pretty rare at the moment, is that it takes your belt slot which could be put towards belt of the deceiver or a good stygian vise

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 20, 2017

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The problem with hybrid life/es builds is that you often have a hard time sustaining both pools of hp. You can only regenerate or leech into one pool at a time. So your cool 4k life/6k es build often has periods of time where it only has 4k worth of ehp. Soul tether lets you leech and hence sustain into both pools at the same time, so you can effectively pretend that you have 10k worth of ehp.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Locator posted:

So I don't understand all the mechanic's and intricacies of things in this game to understand this item and how it works. Can anyone enlighten me?

its a bad belt

Phobophilia posted:

The problem with hybrid life/es builds is that you often have a hard time sustaining both pools of hp. You can only regenerate or leech into one pool at a time. So your cool 4k life/6k es build often has periods of time where it only has 4k worth of ehp. Soul tether lets you leech and hence sustain into both pools at the same time, so you can effectively pretend that you have 10k worth of ehp.

it effectively means you have 4k hp unless you're leeching literally 24/7 and god forbid you go back to town or have to tp out of a bossfight because then you enter a map with few or no mobs to get your 6k es and thus only have 4k hp

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

yeah but without an extremely high leech rate/cap you probably wont ever have that much ehp

also

Kild posted:

its a bad belt

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Normally energy shield doesn't start recharging until you haven't taken any damage for 4 seconds or so, which is hard to do while you're in the middle of clearing packs or whatever and slows you down.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

you should only use that belt if you're pure or nearly pure life and even then some rare with 140 hp is probably more EHP.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

It was a solid belt for hybrid HOWA back in 3.0. A bit harder to justify now that you can just say, go full CI again. Hybrid howa's probably better in 3.1 than it was in 3.0 really, it's just niche as hell.

Also man, I dunno what was worse in guild chat tonight, the guy complaining about how BLUE LIVES MATTER and how awful the fbi is for attacking those honest republicans, or the people complaining about PATH OF NERFS and how awful it was for ggg to take away broken enchants from people who worked so hard for them. It was amazing in a trainwreck sort of way.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i log off and you people immediately go maga on me

it was akumos wasnt it

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ciaphas posted:

trigger word

MSLE

end trigger

I had no idea what that was when I first read it but it made me feel uneasy.
Then out of nowhere, in the back of my head, I heard a word whispered: "Multi-Shot Lightning Enchanted"

I had no idea I had a memory for that but thanks for reviving it.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

wint tweet joke here; my gc miner is dying

I've found Vaal Clarity to be pretty useful for abysses/breaches/bosses

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Elentor posted:

I had no idea what that was when I first read it but it made me feel uneasy.
Then out of nowhere, in the back of my head, I heard a word whispered: "Multi-Shot Lightning Enchanted"

I had no idea I had a memory for that but thanks for reviving it.

i told you it was a fuckin trigger word :v:

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

yeah but without an extremely high leech rate/cap you probably wont ever have that much ehp

Without testing, I’m fairly sure most fast clearing builds with eg warlords mark and base leech rate will have 50-100% ES constantly with that belt. It takes 10 seconds to degen to 50%, you never spend that long between packs, and basic leech heals you way past full on every pack.

Still

Kild posted:

its a bad belt

The upside is just too small compared to what other uniques (or abyss belts) can offer.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Reiterpallasch posted:

wint tweet joke here; my gc miner is dying

I'm pretty broke now because i had to unfuck some extremely bad passive tree decisions with regrets, but I'm liking how this character now plays. I'll probably start working down towards the Scion life wheel and spec out of that AOE group near the witch start once I'm in striking range of Constitution. I think the only thing holding my miner back now is the fact that all my gear came out of the 1-alch-dumpster-bin.

I have like 20c to my name right now and i'm thinking about what i could do to progress further--more life (I'm at like 4.1k + MoM right now, with shield charge i feel like i could justify a Kaom's Roots?) and a 6L off of that one divination card are the obvious things to shoot for, but I understand that shaper/elder stuff changes the gearing picture a lot for GC miners. Does anyone have any advice?

Qwertycoatl posted:

I've found Vaal Clarity to be pretty useful for abysses/breaches/bosses

I agree that Vaal Clarity is great for GC miner, that skill is incredibly mana hungry. I personally run two, alternating between them as I run between packs. That allows me to only run a single seething mana flask, to restore myself after taking a big hit.

I have a second catalysed mana flask I usually keep in my inventory, that I swap to when I'm about to fight a boss in a different zone. This is pretty useful when dealing with Elder and Guardians, because those take place in a separate arena.

As for Shield Charge, I feel like using a Brightbeak is a bad idea. I suspect that you're zooming around way too fast, running right into the middle of packs, and taking too many hits. GC miner is a spec where you have to actually play the game: dodging attacks, using proper position, pre-empting the enemy with dropped mines and detonate totem.

Finally, get a 6L. They're quite affordable this late in a league, and it's a huge damage boost. It's also an item that you can commit towards long-term, so once you have its resists accounted for, you can gear the rest of your character around it.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Elerion posted:

Without testing, I’m fairly sure most fast clearing builds with eg warlords mark and base leech rate will have 50-100% ES constantly with that belt. It takes 10 seconds to degen to 50%, you never spend that long between packs, and basic leech heals you way past full on every pack.

Still

The upside is just too small compared to what other uniques (or abyss belts) can offer.

i was more thinking about on bosses but that's fair

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Jinnigan posted:

this looks pretty ridiculous

i kind of want to run the same build but with molten strike - any idea if ngamahu works with AC/MS?

I'm running Slayer with MS/AC with a Ngamahu and it's a blast, bascially doing everything with no issue and filling the screen with balls. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/vandee/characters (character is VandeeBalls) if you're interested in my tree/gearing.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Mr. Despair posted:

Also man, I dunno what was worse in guild chat tonight, the guy complaining about how BLUE LIVES MATTER and how awful the fbi is for attacking those honest republicans

That was dripping with sarcasm man, check your detector.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

so what's a good build i can do for 80 ex

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Give 10ex to me, your best friend, and then do whatever your heart desires

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
That silly Crit Heavy Strike Starforge character that deleted shaper in 5 hits.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I sold my gloves for 80c yayyyyy

80c is 1.25ex now and not the 2ex I expected nooooo

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
I'm not sure what to do with my atlas this league, so far I'm just running everything up to 13 and by pushing inward I've stumbled upon shaper's orbs and picking my personal favorites each tier. But everything is moved so I don't know where is best for sextant blocking and all that advanced atlas fuckery anymore. Any hot tips?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Vasudus posted:

I sold my gloves for 80c yayyyyy

80c is 1.25ex now and not the 2ex I expected nooooo

Ex have rocketed up in price the past ~36 hours on sc. Were still trading for <50 before that.

I'm guessing they might end up even more expensive than usual since shaped/elder rares is probably the biggest upheaval in the rare item market since I started playing back in Prophecy at least. Probably lots of rich players gonna want to do crafting experiments.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've been thinking about how to bring back EA's delightful oomph ever since the ignite changes. Apparently, Shroud of the Lightless can still be supported with an element specific penetration gem. So at gem level 20, that's 74% pen.

EA/GMP(Slowproj)/Less Duration/Elemental Focus/Fire Penetration. Get some.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Where did you find the stats for the Ele Pen? I couldn't find them anywhere

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Awesome! posted:

found a 2nd ex yesterday. now do i liquidate both for a belly or keep them and wait for the inevitable spike and just save up more chaos (currently like 30)

what did you end up doing because they spiked by 25 chaos a bit after this post.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

so what's a good build i can do for 80 ex

Quit the league for a few weeks and your mirror will be 150 ex

If you're new to the game the right answer is always "what you're playing now plus headhunter"

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

Where did you find the stats for the Ele Pen? I couldn't find them anywhere

It was in the reddit thread when it first got discovered. 37% allpen, same mana cost modifier as a pen gem normally.

I'm going to try and theorycraft out a crit EA raider. I think it can be done.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Wonder what mirage archer does with EA. Like does it get its own set of fuses or does it stack on yours?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

RosaParksOfDip posted:

What do you even do with that? Phys to lightning BV or something?

you sell it because playing a build without wb or shield charge is miserable.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 20, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What's a good way to tell if it's safe to vendor a shaper/elder rare? just anything with low level bases and lower then 75-80 item level and possibly all chests/most two handers?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
If the stats on the item itself aren't great and it's not rings/amulet, generally it's vendor fodder. Unless it's got 84+ ilevel at least.

If you get your hands on ilevel 86 shaper/elder items on the other hand, even suboptimal bases can be worth something, although mostly in the case of caster weapons like daggers/wands.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

you can search for the specific base you have and don't include any search terms besides checking the shaped/elder box. if there's a bunch for one alch then you may as well vendor.

I just ID all mine and throw them in a 1c tab. if they get no whispers they're not worth keeping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I have a tab I'm filling with shaper items because stars.