Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So It Goes posted:

I posted my preferences before for the 8 dlc character but here's my prediction for what they actually will be, roughly in order of most to least likely:

Broly (seems almost guaranteed, popular and has a unique fighting style niche)
Vegito (seems very likely from popularity alone, wouldn't necessarily have a unique moveset but they want the dlc to make money and vegito would do it)
Kefla (only way I don't see kefla making it is if they decide to do caulfila and kale separately instead. A strong selection of moves and adds some female representation. I would love to see their rendition of the double christmas beam move. Bonus points if Goku has a finisher that involves kamehameha surfing it).
Bardock or Raditz (the design space for these characters don't seem too great but they are likely too popular to leave out. I doubt they would do both of them though due to the design space overlap, I would imagine Bardock is more likely than Raditz. However, if they actually do the rumored base form goku and vegeta (ugh...) then that makes them less likely I would think because at some point you would be filling a large amount of the dlc with similar characters and movesets).
Jiren (the only thing stopping Jiren is the realtive lack of fights and moves so far. Still, that just gives opportunity to be creative plus if Jiren was the last of the 8 to be designed, he will have probably had some more fights in the show by then anyways).
Master Roshi (seems much more likely due to his involvement in Super. Good opportunity for a creative moveset and style).
Kid Goku (the only OG or GT character I think has a serious shot to make it. Lots of opportunity for unique moves here, including a great ape transformation and fighting with a weapon).
Mr. Satan or Videl (Adapting these into the game might be difficult due to the lack of blasts, but it seems like an opportunity to make a grappling/throw character and it shouldn't be too hard to make happen. I doubt both would be added since they would veer to the same playstyle niche. Mr. Satan seems more likely because of popularity although Videl does allow an opportunity for one of the very few female characters).
Goku Ultra Instinct (I don't know how difficult it would be to incorporate the idea of UI into the game, but if they could make it work it they'd probably include it. Because of that, this should maybe be higher honestly).
Whis (I don't think it's too likely but the popularity and room for a unique play style is there)

Finally a list of characters that are possibilities but I'd consider to be a long-shot because they either aren't popular enough or are already represented in other ways (I could see some of these in a DBFZ 2 as a lot of them have unique attacks and play styles that could be explored...): Zarbon, Android 17, Dr. Gero, Dabura, Super Buu, Fused Zamasu, Toppo, Cooler, Janemba, SSJ4.

I love Whis' design and would love if he was playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Whis being playable in fighting stuff still seems weird to me because we've never seen him really do anything fighty yet. Xenoverse and Fusions seems to just make stuff up, which is ok but feels odd, like I'm fighting a fanfic interpretation of the character instead of the actual Whis

I'd prefer he just stay as a Beerus assist thing until he actually fights in the show at all and shows off some unique abilities.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hit is already a character who doesn't have a standard blast or projectile of any kind.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've still got money on Luffy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Videl as Great Saiyawoman with a Great Saiyaman assist like 18 and 17

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

I just want anyone other than CC2 to make Jojo games. They're excellent at fanservice, but like the making a good game part is where they stumble.

Asuras is cool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Real hurthling! posted:

Asuras is cool

CC2 has made good games.

But none of those are the Jojo games they've made.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Endorph posted:

Hit is already a character who doesn't have a standard blast or projectile of any kind.

He used the projectile punches against Goku in that one miniarc that Toriyama probably had nothing to do with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Momomo posted:

He used the projectile punches against Goku in that one miniarc that Toriyama probably had nothing to do with.

no i mean in his ingame moveset, he doesnt have any projectiles. he has those kinda distant punches but his ki blast button doesnt fire a ki blast.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chaotic Flame posted:

I love Whis' design and would love if he was playable.

Whis' moveset would just all be dodges and blocks and you automatically win if time runs out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

CC2 has made good games.

But none of those are the Jojo games they've made.

Truth

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Waffleman_ posted:

You don't think I know that?! Man can dream.

Arc System Works almost made a Darkstalkers/Guilty Gear crossover game in the early 2000s but it was killed by unrelated business bullshit between Capcom and Sammy/Sega who owned GG at the time.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Arale for DLC character

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AlzarathEX/status/943596350201057281

Chaotic Flame posted:

Maybe we'll see a future DBZ x GG game since they're in the same engine.

:bisonyes:

My perfect scenario is for this game to start them down the same path Capcom had with their VS series. DBZxGG would be like X-Men vs Street Fighter. Keep building upon that until you get to something like Shonen Jump x Arc System Works.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Pretty sure if there was a reveal, it'd be kalifla and kale fused instead

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
hell yeah galactic donut assist

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Piccolo used to have the elbow as an assist, right?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

IcePhoenix posted:

Whis' moveset would just all be dodges and blocks and you automatically win if time runs out.

That would actually be pretty cool if they did that. Probably have to ban from tournament play but would be dope to go up against every now and then.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just based on assists gotenks and kid buu ssound like the most annoying characters i could have in my arsenal so i'm deffo using them

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Piccolo used to have the elbow as an assist, right?

yes

i wish they'd add a new vacuum assist in its place (i think the homing projectile is cool)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

subarashi

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Endorph, I was reading back on the thread and my opinion on the Portuguese dub went from "pretty bad" to "actually hilarious". It truly is an abridged dub before its time.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So both Gohans have an invincible defensive assist. Which means unless someone else has some weird property that isn't immediately apparent those two just straight up have the best assists hands down.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Canadian posted:

So both Gohans have an invincible defensive assist. Which means unless someone else has some weird property that isn't immediately apparent those two just straight up have the best assists hands down.

If your main has a dp you dont need a second so a different assist would be better

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

Gohan's assist was rear end in the beta, the startup wasn't fully invincible I think

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

If your main has a dp you dont need a second so a different assist would be better

Being able to call a defensive assist while using a beam attack or similar other uncancelable special would be extremely strong for zoners. Basically anything that shuts down Vanish or homing dashes.

Course if they're not fully invincible then welp.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

The doc says startup invincibility and in the gif he's going through an attack iirc

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
my super long list of coolest drgnbllz chars, itemized by how cool and strong they are:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Evil Canadian posted:

That doesn't sound right. Shouldn't Piccolo be the one to do the assist where he blocks ki blasts for you? :v:

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
What are the psylocke, captain commando, and cyclops assist equivalents in this game thanks

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

What are the psylocke, captain commando, and cyclops assist equivalents in this game thanks

Hope you like gohan

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

interrodactyl posted:

Goku 3, Goku 5, and Goku 2. You could argue Goku 11 and Goku 9 work instead of 3 and 5 respectively.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Why did they put Blue Vegeta's model in front of characters when he's doing his down pummel. It looks like he's just jamming his rear end in peoples faces.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
If you're down to your last character and you attempt to guard cancel, you'll do a vanish move instead.
https://gfycat.com/OptimalNaturalCaiman

I wonder if that's gonna make it to release?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

interrodactyl posted:

From the little I know about MVC2 Gohan is Psylocke and or Cyke. No CapCom tho.

As a tentative Aoko player I'm for sure playing the cat. He has orbs.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the assists in this game look less powerful than mvc3 and mvc2 which is kind of a bummer tbh because you can't even do them as often

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Doggles posted:

My perfect scenario is for this game to start them down the same path Capcom had with their VS series. DBZxGG would be like X-Men vs Street Fighter. Keep building upon that until you get to something like Shonen Jump x Arc System Works.

my secret fantasy is that this game has a perma dragon install sol as a secret character ala akuma in MSH but I know that dragon ball is too "important" of a brand to hang out with anyone that isn't from the same side of the proverbial train tracks

anime was right posted:

the assists in this game look less powerful than mvc3 and mvc2 which is kind of a bummer tbh because you can't even do them as often

can't you call assists at literally any time vs only in neutral during specific heights/when doing normals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm super hoping we get Shonen Jump Vs. and it leads to Goku punching Platinum into a fine dust.