Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Glans Dillzig posted:

100% the spotlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DrNutt posted:

So what are everyone's fave new transmat effects? My new bests are the ones that are basically Star Trek beam ins with the serial numbers filed off.

I like the Fallen Servitor one myself.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Michael Jackson was a genius, and I feel honored to have lived in the same era than him.

Destiny could use more dances from him.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Tei posted:

Michael Jackson was a genius, and I feel honored to have lived in the same era than him.

Destiny could use more dances from him.

Although I’m sure the Jackson estate will sell anything I doubt if Bungie wants to get tied up in a highly litigious licensing deal.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Murgos posted:

Although I’m sure the Jackson estate will sell anything I doubt if Bungie wants to get tied up in a highly litigious licensing deal.

D2 past: Glitching into spaces with Bureaucratic Walk
D2 future: Glitching into spaces via Moonwalk

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

dkj posted:

Complaining about video games should be a new esport.

THE REAL END GAME

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I need more Nebula Rose, Dawn & Dusk, Indigo Matrix and Arctic Pearl. Also, lots more Watermelon.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
delete those uncommon shaders before I have a panic attack

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

delete those uncommon shaders before I have a panic attack

I've just started doing that, though there's a few instances where they can help tie a look together because the colour you want from a shader isn't applying to the right material.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hexenritter posted:

I need more Nebula Rose, Dawn & Dusk, Indigo Matrix and Arctic Pearl. Also, lots more Watermelon.

:rock:

The Sacred Pentuple of God-Tier colors.

I know what you mean about the uncommon shaders. Atlantis Wash, despite looking poop-brown-major at a glance, is mostly a white shader.

Flowers of Io is just straight gorgeous.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Waffle House posted:

:rock:

The Sacred Pentuple of God-Tier colors.

I know what you mean about the uncommon shaders. Atlantis Wash, despite looking poop-brown-major at a glance, is mostly a white shader.

Flowers of Io is just straight gorgeous.

Not shown, the sexiness that is a Nebula Rosed Far Gone Hood.

Still pulling the looks together, especially for the Warlock (who I only recently got round to 20ing, but who already also has Nezarec's Sin, Aeon Soul, Sunbracers and Starfire Protocol), and I haven't started prettying my guns up yet really, Not quite as bedazzling as some of the creations I've seen here but I love my purped out 'slinger.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

That is purped the gently caress out

e: Kairos Gold tends to be Steely. It matches well with the IB shaders.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That Warlock look is rad as gently caress, Hexenritter, very nomad-y. Love it.

I'm too attached to my Crown of Tempests, so I try to build around it for an elegant-but-deadly aesthetic, and I'm a huge sucker for the white-and-gold look from the Calus shaders/gear.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I'm really happy with how it turned out. That High-Minded Complex torso is the first purple chest piece my warlock got. I was hooked on the Prophet Snow look previously because I couldn't find a shader that I liked for High-Minded, but Blue Geometry outshone everything else as I clicked through all my shaders. The deep blue contrasted by the orange sash is gorgeous. Head is a Hakke History Polished Eye of Another World. I'm tempted to switch the shader for it to Vanguard Magnus Gloss because it matches the blue body/orange detail theme.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Masterwork better devil's? Don't mind if I do!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Masterwork better devil's? Don't mind if I do!

Oh, tasty. Been wanting a MW version of mine.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Hexenritter posted:

Oh, tasty. Been wanting a MW version of mine.

The bonus stat was handling... But that won't cost too much to change.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!
Somebody please give me a reason to switch from Dawnsinger + Starfire Protocol. I STILL haven’t gotten the good Palpatine helm, all my best armor is +Solar, (except arms, which I have yet to get a single purple mod for after playing since launch and rolling 100+ times with random armor mods), and my god, being able to have a grenade ready while one is charging is just too good to give up.

Convince me this is stupid and that there are better options. I’m missing 4 exotic armor pieces, so other than “go electric with palpatine helm” anything warlock goes.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Once you go Ophidians, you can't go backidians.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

Somebody please give me a reason to switch from Dawnsinger + Starfire Protocol. I STILL haven’t gotten the good Palpatine helm, all my best armor is +Solar, (except arms, which I have yet to get a single purple mod for after playing since launch and rolling 100+ times with random armor mods), and my god, being able to have a grenade ready while one is charging is just too good to give up.

Convince me this is stupid and that there are better options. I’m missing 4 exotic armor pieces, so other than “go electric with palpatine helm” anything warlock goes.

Well uh, Fusion Grenades are literally the worst grenades in the game and legendary mods don't mean anything if you're over the Light level required. Dawnsinger isn't bad for PvE but you should definitely be using Sunbracers and Solar Grenades if so.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

Eej posted:

Well uh, Fusion Grenades are literally the worst grenades in the game and legendary mods don't mean anything if you're over the Light level required. Dawnsinger isn't bad for PvE but you should definitely be using Sunbracers and Solar Grenades if so.

Thank you. Just needed a push down the stairs. Also god I loving HATE fusion grenades. gently caress it. Thank you.

Also because of course, sunbracers are one of the four exotic armors I haven’t gotten yet. Man gently caress dawnsinger. Going void and not looking back. Any recs for that?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Section Z posted:

"Oh cool, I finally unlocked the sweet feathered chest ornament for Titan Crucible armor!... Oh, I have to decide what equipment modifications to delete if I want my gameplay unlock. Because not only is there not enough room for Mods in the first place, but it shares the cramped inventory with ornaments and spawn in effects".

Buddy, if you hover over an ornament you'll notice it sayd "Unlock" instead of "Discard". You don't need to keep ornaments in your inventory.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Warlock chest pieces outshine Hunter cloaks.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
To quote Dave Chappelle: "Mmm, it's purple!"

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

sup my vaporwave dudes

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DrNutt posted:

So what are everyone's fave new transmat effects? My new bests are the ones that are basically Star Trek beam ins with the serial numbers filed off.

The one that gives you the spawn-in effect of the Taken, because it makes people shoot at you on reflex.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I now have Dancy Dance, Shuffle Dance, Excited Dance, and Humbug to go along with Gallop. Things are proceeding nicely.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Waffle House posted:

sup my vaporwave dudes

Suggestion: Wait until 1AU reruns on the tactical missions then run around with a sword out to see just how hard you can reflect light.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

dkj posted:

Complaining about video games should be a new esport.

It’s more exciting to watch than D2 pvp, that’s for sure

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I know that crafting is a sticking point that has permeated too many games, but a multiplayer game like this with a healthy PLAYER economy Destiny 2 has good use for crafting. It could both boost player interaction and make the Tower/Farm useful.

What if players could pick a trade: Gunsmithing, Engineering, Chemistry

Gunsmithing allows players to make specific mods for their weapons, tune their masterworks to either PvP/PvE, or creat weird perks like “this gun is both arc & solar damage” or “this gun heals your teammate if you shoot them”

Engineering would allow players to build or mod their Sparrow/Ghost/Armor Stats as well as modifying your ship with some kind of buff, like an orbital weapons air strike attack or a from orbit satellite allowing you to find specific types of mobs/resources. This would also allow you to engineer a stat point or two to your cape/mark/focus.

Chemistry would allow players to craft a variety of PvE/PvP buffs that function like medallions, except they could do way more, like boost sprint speed, or a potion that improves health regen for each teammate within 10 feet who also has that buff, or you explode in Arc energy when you die like the Vex.

The game already has a dozen worthless materials. What if Alkane, Phasedust, Dusklight, Simulation Seeds, etc had value? What if grinding for gun telemetry was worth it in any appreciable way?

By giving players trade-skills you encourage player economy and interaction, both of which improve the longevity of your game. It also further diversifies the game because instead of all 9 sub classes playing identically, a Solar Hunter with chemistry buffs moving and supering faster would then be different from a solar Hunter who had rare personal mods or whatever. These changes when tuned can make the player behind the wheel feel very cool and smart for tuning their load out, but don’t feel mechanically different to play against, which means it’s not as challenging to balance for PvP.

I’m just saying that all those resources are in the game, the skeleton for a player trade/crafting system is here and I earnestly believe it would create a meaningful and exciting end-game that fosters more player interaction and less hiding in your discord waiting for something to happen.

While I’m drawing up a magic pony wishlist:

Sparrow Racing League at the Farm

A PvE horde mode event in the Dark Forest with the shard, your fire team queues up and sees how long it can last until eventually the game is just shutting out yellow bar super Minotaurs and legionnaires

Create planetary tile sets for Infinite Forest and allow me to run Infinite Forest Rifts

Giant World Raid Bosses (A sea dragon on titan, a Vex Milk swamp thing on IO, a rogue AI swarm on Nessus, etc.)

Orv
May 4, 2011
gently caress crafting.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
gently caress player economies.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No they are both fun and would make the game better, hth

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

Orv posted:

gently caress crafting.

Seriously. I barely tolerate even the forge just because I am mostly ignoring it and getting mats accidentally as I do stuff I'm already doing.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

The only time I ever touch crafting in MMOs is when I absolutely have to for some kind of progression, it is my absolute least favorite continual mechanic of the genre and never adds anything interesting.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Destiny needs to be less of an MMO, not more like one

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bust Rodd posted:

You're an idiot.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Forge sucks and it’s just an aggressively tedious grind to add a small pool of guns to your loot table.

I think the game would be healthier and more populated if players had reasons to interact outside of instanced PvE content, and building cool stuff for your friends and trading it for cool stuff they made you is a major factor in many multiplayer games longevity and success, and all the pieces are already there.

Crafting is stupid in a game like the Witcher 3 or Breath of the Wild because the games should just give you loot or let you buy weapons or whatever, but D2 wants to be a game about personalization but there is precious little to differentiate players and trade skills help that.

Destiny is a multiplayer online game. I wouldn’t ever call it massive because there’s never more than 10 people on my screen.

Spanish Manlove posted:

You're an idiot.

Turn on your monitor

Orv
May 4, 2011
Except "cool stuff they made you" would be like one of two of each kind of weapon and the hardcore poop sockers that have been whining about lack of reasons to play Destiny 2 would have all the stuff crafted in a week, because video games.

It's a poo poo idea, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

gently caress crafting.

But a mod letting you shoot your fireteam members to heal them would be fun.

• Locked thread