Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Merry Christmas goons.

https://cf-b2.streamablevideo.com/video/mp4/x4na0.mp4?token=1514240422-lClSeqe%2F18hlZ0mu7o6Z2mGlbpcH8Du7TCV2jNpZjLg%3D

Memento fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
imagine fighting francis ngannou

drat

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bubba Smith posted:

no thank u

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

drat

I’d kick his rear end

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Jimmie has now agreed on twitter to fight Marlon at 145 lol

Marlon was just looking to score cheap hero points and got caught

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I’ve learned from this video that Ngannou will just bull rush when Stipe throws a bunch of spinning back kicks at him

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Soothing Vapors posted:

Jimmie has now agreed on twitter to fight Marlon at 145 lol

Marlon was just looking to score cheap hero points and got caught

drat, riviera really wants to fight

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
With Marlon's bluff called, John Dodson is asking for the fight now too.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/JimmieRivera135/status/945492558288785408

https://twitter.com/JimmieRivera135/status/945492737733693440

https://twitter.com/JimmieRivera135/status/945494463001927686

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Marlon’s a bitch

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I;ll fight both their f gay slur asses

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Merry Christmas you fucks. Things have changed but this is still the best place to talk MMA.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/MMARLONMORAES/status/945399508183089152

this clears everything up for sure

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Marlon Moraes is a poo poo dude

I understand milking it to get 145, but if he won't even accept that then there's no way he was ever serious about taking the fight. He should be more sympathetic toward a dude who lost a big fight instead of wasting his time.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Yeah seems like he did the typical "I'm ready send me in Dana" thing everybody on Twitter does when somebody gets hurt for some badass points, and didn't expect it to escalate to the point of Rivera practically begging to fight at any weight. Or his management was like hey don't actually fight this guy on five days notice and they had to clumsily back out of the call out.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
all we need is for khabib to do his party trick and the ppv will be completely worthless

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Of all the places to talk about MMA on the internet, this is only one that doesn't send me into fury induced spasms. Merry Christmas. We are all gay together at this time of year.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder posted:

the ppv will be completely worthless

yeah it's this

Snowman_McK posted:

Of all the places to talk about MMA on the internet, this is only one that doesn't send me into fury induced spasms. Merry Christmas. We are all gay together at this time of year.

it's literally the only place I've ever talked about MMA on the internet. I steal gifs and videos off reddit for my OPs but gently caress wading into that poorly-formatted cesspool to try and actually discuss poo poo

Merry Christmas to this corner of our* forums

*dead, etc.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I’m smarter than basically everyone who posts here so I can’t imagine how terrible elsewhere on the internet I’s for sweaty man humping discussion

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I’m smarter than basically everyone who posts here

:wrong:

But the rest of your statement is plausible

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i just post like a dumbass i'm actually very smart and capable

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You guys have been really helpful about helping me learn more about this often lunatic sport and the frequently bizarre people who choose to fight in it, thanks and I hope you all had a Merry Christmas :)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowman_McK posted:

I used to post on OT and it had a good (albeit really small) MMA subforum. It was pretty cool since a few people there ended up on TUF or working for various MMA orgs/companies.

SA is a good replacement for that since OT is dead.

Have a good Christmas everyone.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Dec 26, 2017

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Crazy that it's been almost a year since fatherdog left

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Nope.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
orcs are so much more athletic and explosive than humans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUlxwWDh4vA

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i'm going to be in seoul for 219 and choi vs stephens. does any body know of any sports bars that aren't for sex pervert english teachers

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

orcs are so much more athletic and explosive than humans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUlxwWDh4vA

Region locked in England

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

If Shadow of Mordor is an accurate portrayal of Orc culture, then Brazilian fighters are the true Orcs of the UFC, because even after you violently and effortlessly kill them they show back up a few days later mocking you and trying to pick another fight without having made any meaningful improvements to their skills.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Region locked in England

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdAtzjBlmoU/

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

lmfao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[cris cyborg walks through the tunnel] Everybody said it would never happen: an orc in the UFC

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Snowman_McK posted:

also at every other time of year

Bluedeanie posted:

If Shadow of Mordor is an accurate portrayal of Orc culture, then Brazilian fighters are the true Orcs of the UFC, because even after you violently and effortlessly kill them they show back up a few days later mocking you and trying to pick another fight without having made any meaningful improvements to their skills.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[cris cyborg walks through the tunnel] Everybody said it would never happen: an orc in the UFC
dang this is a really good page

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'd easily kick the orcs rear end. Not even a contest.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:lol:

Bluedeanie posted:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

:lol: :lol:

How'd they keep a straight face talking about that poo poo.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i'm going to be in seoul for 219 and choi vs stephens. does any body know of any sports bars that aren't for sex pervert english teachers

There are a bunch. The trick is, the UFC will be on at around 11am and run til around 2 or 3pm. You can go to Itaewon (its a district for food, shopping, and bars) and hit up Sam Ryan's which is basically an American Style Sports bar. Just ask them for the UFC and you'll get the Korean broadcast of it. Sam's also has some decent food so you can have lunch and poo poo while watching.

https://www.facebook.com/Sam-Ryans-Sports-Bar-Grill-Itaewon-350363471710670/

If you want an Irish style bar, The Wolfhound is also in Itaewon and their food is pretty good.

http://wolfhoundpub.com/

Edit - Or, you could come to my apartment where we'll snuggle with my cat and watch half naked guys play touch butt for several hours. This offer applies to anyone of you guys except the guy who easily breaks his body. I don't want to have to take him to the hospital.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 26, 2017

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
The guy wants to avoid sex pervert English teachers and your first recommendation is Itaewon? :confused:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dodson is now offering to fight Rivera and complaining that Rivera is ignoring him in favour of poo poo talking Moraes who won't take the fight because he knows that Moraes won't take the fight, thus allowing Rivera to poo poo talk more.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Josuke Higashikata posted:

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

How'd they keep a straight face talking about that poo poo.

Lots of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

• Locked thread