Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Bone krew duex. Accept me into your crappy club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mango Polo posted:

Very nice. Maybe you should keep running into more Colonies.
*fucks you mercilessly* What's that, chief? Gonna have to raise for voice for me to hear you back here, Mango Polo.

Akuma posted:

This exotic is dumb and bad, everyone should stop using it.

No I don't personally have it, why do you ask?
:confused: I wasn't asked.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

its called the colony because thats the type of pain you feel not having it

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Bone krew duex. Accept me into your crappy club.

Plenty of room in the main clan

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

HALFWAY THERE :sweatdrop:

do you literally only play in fireteams or what

if you are doing that solo please teach

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

For PvP (lol) is you are using an energy auto is it better to have the energy stability perk on your chest piece or something more general like grenade cooldown?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

do you literally only play in fireteams or what

if you are doing that solo please teach

Solo exclusive.

My strategy, but be warned I am Very Bad at this game!

1. Check for fireteams, know who is on mine and what is up with the other team. I try to avoid going up against stacked guys alone during matches so I keep aware of names to run from, and the names on my team to run toward. And I never quit because of a 3 or a 4 stack. Hurts like hell sometimes, but highly educational.

2. Start cautiously, see how the first minute goes to see if one team is rolling the other and to push hard or fall back accordingly. For instance, I always want to start a Control match by sprinting to B to either cap or attack it but I may have a bad and stupid team so I start off letting the pack lead the way so I don't end up alone, or in the front of a weak team that won't support me. If they go all different ways, I stick to whoever looks competent.

3. Grab Power ammo and bully the spawns as best as possible. I use Acrius and can reliably murder people off them when given even a little breathing room. If I'm stocked on ammo, I sit on an unclaimed Power as bait until I need it. If no one comes or they get wise, grab and go, but always circle around when they drop again. Getting kills while not dying to their Power weapons is key.

4. Crouchwalk and slide everywhere as I use longer travel routes for safety. Like with the above point, map placement and positioning myself for ideal engagement terms. Best stuff is crouched around a corner with Power, crests, a capture zone, or even a teammate who isn't crouched, there to entice enemies. I am always aware of how I want a firefight to begin and end, and try to choose the best spots to make that happen.

5. I would rather leave a match with only 3 kills and 2 deaths than 50 kills and 50 deaths. Dying is my nemesis and I legit am constantly running away. If I'm even a little uncertain, I disengage. If I think an engagement even could be a trade, I disengage and start over. Zero chill in me about dying. I tyrannically avoid it.

6. This is hard to describe but, I don't play the same game as everyone else. They get queued in and think about points and time limits and objectives as the whole. I only incorporate those aspects as I determine them to be an assistance to my game, which is exclusively to personally perform. My only job is to have a high efficiency, and in doing so I will be a help to my team (probably why I go Diamond in Clash with zero thought or effort). I don't ignore, but I don't let objectives dictate what I do or how I do, which permits me to be successful which puts me into a place to play to said objectives.

I see success in pvp boiling down to 15% skill, 80% being able to out think the enemy, and 5% luck. I'm only clocking 4% skill and 2% luck, so I utterly rely upon other players not doing the things I just listed.

TL;DR play like a weak little oval office who gets REEEEEEE at dying.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cvnvcnv posted:

HALFWAY THERE :sweatdrop:

More like 79.28% or 48.26%

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

Crest Secure Rate: 14.88%

what's your most common class/subclass/stats/etc.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

what's your most common class/subclass/stats/etc.

Hunter always, Nightstalker (Way of the Trapper). MW Antiope, MW Uriel's, Acrius for a while now. Knucklehead Radar to watch my own back where randos fail to. 3/8/4 build currently (may go 3/7/5 soon, used to be 4/10/0, poo poo hardly matters).

Considering experimenting with Gemini Jester as soon as I'm settled on a loadout for the occasion but I'm def not trying to fix what isn't broken.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
So is the spreadsheet and discord from the op still the best way to play with goons on ps4? Or is that community dead? Got the game and a ps4 this holiday season. It looks pretty, shame about everything else.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Adregan posted:

Plenty of room in the main clan

Either, either

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Coolness Averted posted:

So is the spreadsheet and discord from the op still the best way to play with goons on ps4? Or is that community dead? Got the game and a ps4 this holiday season. It looks pretty, shame about everything else.

If you're on the US TimeZone, Destiny Goons is a great discord to be in, but really join all of them that you care to. There are a lot of goons that play Dizzestiny

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Just apply and you will get approved. More active people in the main clan too.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

Hunter always, Nightstalker (Way of the Trapper). MW Antiope, MW Uriel's, Acrius for a while now. Knucklehead Radar to watch my own back where randos fail to. 3/8/4 build currently (may go 3/7/5 soon, used to be 4/10/0, poo poo hardly matters).

Considering experimenting with Gemini Jester as soon as I'm settled on a loadout for the occasion but I'm def not trying to fix what isn't broken.

Does KR work with energy weapons?

Do you use a mod that reduces energy weapon recoil?

I will say I've had my best results on a hunter using a similar setup, but I like titan more so I'm torn

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

Does KR work with energy weapons?

Do you use a mod that reduces energy weapon recoil?

I will say I've had my best results on a hunter using a similar setup, but I like titan more so I'm torn

KR works with Energy and Power also, yes.

Yeah, I use an Energy recoil mod. Individual guns may not need mods (Antiope, and I have Kinetic mod equipped) I prefer them in case I want to use different weapons, and to just clean up the bullet spray however slightly. I don't think they're critical at all but I'm partial.

I haven't touched Titan yet in pvp but I ended up almost as much a Titan as a Hunter in D1 so it'll happen. The way people talk, it still seems as fun as hell to run Striker. I'm sure Sunbro and Captain aren't all bad, either.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 26, 2017

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is Reddit planning on torching Bungie’s office? They are really getting unruly over the microtransactions. I don’t think getting rid of Eververse will change much. I don’t want cosmetics diluting the loot pool.

Bungie should just do what COD WW2 does and give out loot boxes on a regular basis, along with missions that reward them as well.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Itd be cool if the loot didn't suck i think,

Getting 5 blues to delete after every strike is really boring compared to getting an eyasluna that might be good

How! fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 26, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

How! posted:

Itd be cool if the loot didn't suck i think,

Getting 5 blues to delete after every strike is really boring compared to getting an eyasluna that might be good

Gunsmith parts from dismantles give a guaranteed chance at a MW on rank, Legendary engrams drop often, and Vanguard requires only 20 tokens to rank and a strike drops minimum 5.

I mean I get what you're saying, but there's still good stuff happening there. I've had a few MWs drop after Crucible matches, and those are a blueapalooza too. Add in boons which you should be using because why the hell not, there's overall good opportunity for a gain to occur, and from multiple sources.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol guaranteed chance

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
It works 20% of the time. Everytime.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

That doesn't make any sense.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

lol guaranteed chance

As opposed to every other NPC who all have armor in their loot pools and rank ups may not give you a weapon. He only gives weapons so all ranks with him are a guaranteed chance, yeah.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I wish ornaments were tied to achievements/challenges but I don't care otherwise.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

cvnvcnv posted:

As opposed to every other NPC who all have armor in their loot pools and rank ups may not give you a weapon. He only gives weapons so all ranks with him are a guaranteed chance, yeah.

Well see, that's still a guaranteed chance

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

what's the best pvp mw for uriel's or positive outlook? range or stability? mine has handling atm

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

actionjackson posted:

what's the best pvp mw for uriel's or positive outlook? range or stability? mine has handling atm

Autos can't roll stability.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

Well see, that's still a guaranteed chance

Okay, any loot drop is a guaranteed chance. Sure. But there is zero probability armor will be MW and no way to say with certainty a rank will contain a weapon except if it comes from Banshee.

It's like entering the contest to win a chance to sink a basketball from half court, or having won the contest and being guaranteed a throw.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I go for range on uriels. But the options are just as good im sure

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I really love trying to track down resources on planets when there are lots of shimmering piles of useless snowballs. Good design there.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I used cvn's "play like a bitch strategy" and followed my team around everywhere. Better results for sure but also felt more boring.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

I really love trying to track down resources on planets when there are lots of shimmering piles of useless snowballs. Good design there.

Get a Ghost that highlights resource nodes or use Nightstalker.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Adregan posted:

Just apply and you will get approved. More active people in the main clan too.

I did :) ages ago

Thx for the add

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I did :) ages ago

Thx for the add

Might have been full back then. It got cleaned out a week after CoO dropped.

This is also a reminder that any returning Bone Krew and members of the overflow clan are welcome to apply to the main clan. Plenty of room to fill.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

I used cvn's "play like a bitch strategy" and followed my team around everywhere. Better results for sure but also felt more boring.

I lone wolf a healthy bit but yeah, I forgot to mention my whole gimmick is mega boring. Lol sorry

The one or zero death matches are very fun tho, and not at all rare.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 27, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

I lone wolf a healthy bit but yeah, I forgot to mention my whole gimmick is mega boring. Lol sorry

The one or zero death matches are very fun tho, and not at all rare.

What’s really fun is when you get a game with 8 people playing like that, just tickling each other and running away like sissies. It’s like digital grab rear end. Then your game of clash is more than halfway over and the score is only 11-8.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Mill Village posted:

Is Reddit planning on torching Bungie’s office? They are really getting unruly over the microtransactions. I don’t think getting rid of Eververse will change much. I don’t want cosmetics diluting the loot pool.

Cosmetics being in the pool was better than what we have now. Finishing the raid and dunking on your friends because they didn’t get the raid ship/sparrow is a time honored tradition in Destiny 1. Getting a cool ship or unique armor after doing a strike is better than 5 coins.