Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
The best boy is in another thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Snarls ❤️

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Crazycryodude posted:

Joe for Fleet Archon

:mad:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Well after humanity goes extinct, Sol's future will be in the paws of the dogstronauts. Semper woofis.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
It’s not that I’m against a dogocracy, in fact I think dogs are due to inherit Sol after we dumb humans gently caress up for the last time.

But I wanted to be the Fleet Archon who is in charge when we gently caress up for the last time! I was born for that post!

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Crazycryodude posted:

Aw look at this cute little spaz :kimchi:

Regardless of which plan you supported, you gotta admit that this video is the best

Yeah :)

Love the Benny Hills there

Actually, I don't think this will doom Sol, just seriously damage our diplomacy for years.
Then again that's because I don't think the Crabs will go full frontal yet, Saros wouldn't go all out just two systems away from where we started.

Should be fun too for a while at least.

Dogmocracy has a bad history of choosing to work for Mitsubishi or whoever it was in the Bering strait rather than the dirty natives, but he was much more enthusiastic this time!

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 27, 2017

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

RA Rx posted:

Yeah :)

Love the Benny Hills there

Actually, I don't think this will doom Sol, just seriously damage our diplomacy for years.
Then again that's because I don't think the Crabs will go full frontal yet, Saros wouldn't go all out just two systems away from where we started.

Should be fun too for a while at least.

Dogmocracy has a bad history of choosing to work for Mitsubishi or whoever it was in the Bering strait, but he was much more enthusiastic this time!

We will cut the Terran's down to size and if they want to not fight the Fart Crabs with is they will die all the same.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Eeeeh, the plan is still a pile of edited-during-the-process pile of wishful wishbones that are supposed to form a skeleton.

One of your supporters even claims the intent is to sabotage/overthrow the Martian government (and the Rest of Sol) because sabotaging ourselves will hurt Harris... Right after claiming it wasn't to overthrow anyone.
Others claim it will cause unity.
The intent was to cause war, the intent was not to cause war.
It should've been named the surprise box as one supporter said.

Well, it will be fun. The Crabs won't kill us, it'll just make it a lot harder to hold the Pit.

And it is a rather Martian plan. :)

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 27, 2017

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

RA Rx posted:

Eeeeh, the plan is still a pile of edited-during-the-process pile of wishful wishbones that are supposed to form a skeleton.

One of your supporters even claims the intent is to sabotage/overthrow the Martian government (and the Rest of Sol) because sabotaging ourselves will hurt Harris... Right after claiming it wasn't to overthrow anyone.
Others claim it will cause unity.
The intent was to cause war, the intent was not to cause war.
It should've been named the surprise box as one supporter said.

Well, it will be fun. The Crabs won't kill us, it'll just make it a lot harder to hold the Pit.

And it is a rather Martian plan. :)

I mean I never changed the plan once voting started except to take out a single hypothetical that was "maybe there will be a unification war". It doesn't matter if supporters are drawing their own conclusions, and its not like the Crabs First Plan isn't edited together because it was people voting for like 4-5 different proposals. With people saying they will pick and choose what to do once voting is over.

What the supporter's say is there interpretation, the core of the plan has not changed

1. Drop the Truth Bomb.
2. Truth Bomb Creates Chaos especially in the UT (hopefully).
3. Mars uses the chaos to make expansionist moves to establish a hegemony over humanity.
4. Get a conference going to discuss a new alliance against the crabs/horrors/etc.
5. Go deal with external threats.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 27, 2017

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
It's a terrible plan and you're probably causing a major intra-system conflict at the same time we've discovered multiple existential threats to humanity.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Jack2142 posted:

I mean I never changed the plan once voting started except to take out a single hypothetical that was "maybe there will be a unification war". It doesn't matter if supporters are drawing their own conclusions, and its not like the Crabs First Plan isn't edited together because it was people voting for like 4-5 different proposals. With people saying they will pick and choose what to do once voting is over.

What the supporter's say is there interpretation, the core of the plan has not changed

1. Drop the Truth Bomb.
2. Truth Bomb Creates Chaos especially in the UT (hopefully).
3. Mars uses the chaos to make expansionist moves to establish a hegemony over humanity.
4. Get a conference going to discuss a new alliance against the crabs/horrors/etc.
5. Go deal with external threats.

Ergo destabilize Sol, risk interplanetary war with the UT and the winner gets eaten by crabs after we wreck each others poo poo.

A truly plusminus fanatics plan.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Z the IVth posted:

Ergo destabilize Sol, risk interplanetary war with the UT and the winner gets eaten by crabs after we wreck each others poo poo.

Is this a good time to ask if we can add religious overtones to our persecution of/probable wars against the Terrans? When would be a good time to ask that?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Cathode Raymond posted:

Is this a good time to ask if we can add religious overtones to our persecution of/probable wars against the Terrans? When would be a good time to ask that?

Marikh Akbar! *crashes ship into fartcrab/UT*

Suffer not the Terran/Unbeliever/Xenos to live.

The Facility/Mars protects.

Squawwk Squawwk Squawwk!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Aurora doesn't allow players to ram with ships :( Only certain types of NPRs (non-player races) can ram.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Though I disagree with the outcome, there is no appeal from the Dog. I merely pray that in our hour of interplanetary thermonuclear war, the Dog will succor us with its mercy.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

In Dog we must trust.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Btw. if we're going public this means it's time for the Cult of Facility to make its move to become the State Religion of Mars.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 27, 2017

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Morrow posted:

It's a terrible plan and you're probably causing a major intra-system conflict at the same time we've discovered multiple existential threats to humanity.

How can it be terrible when dogmocracy chose it?

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
I'm optimistic about this outcome despite not supporting it because I'm sure Saros will take things somewhere interesting with it and probably give us various choices along the path of this rather complicated plan instead of things just breaking in crazy ways.

On the other hand, I do have enough of a mischievous bone in my body to hope that some of the wishes of the more fanatic supporters of the plan get monkey's paw'd in some hilariously ironic fashion. Like if we do somehow end up all together now in a cohesive solar hegemony but Earth has just as much influence as us or any other entity instead of the desired Martian dominion.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Zurai posted:

Aurora doesn't allow players to ram with ships :( Only certain types of NPRs (non-player races) can ram.

Its actually NPRs in certain situations that meet these requirements: 1. Be NPR, 2. Ship is only armed with missiles, and 3. Be in a nebula system. Those are all that's required for a ramming. It's really too bad that the Krab ships weren't NPR missile ships, because the event log messages for ramming sequences are pretty great.

RA Rx posted:

Btw. if we're going public this means it's time for the Cult of Facility to make its move to become the State Religion of Mars.

This is the first intelligent thing I've seen you post in here. We do need to take up the torch of the Collaboration once Humanity is unified.

I've made my position, in the Discord at least, pretty clear that I've been distrustful of Facility because it is very clearly working with the Tentacular Horrors From Beyond Time and Space (AKA the Great Old Ones):

From the Discord posted:

Facility "accidentally" exposes us to the Great Old Ones. We don't immediately shut that poo poo down, so it assumes that we're down to get fed/feed others and gives us Jump Tech that feeds the GOOs. The fact that some Anti-Collaborationists survived, by going in the Slow Tube, is wigging Facility out possibly because it didn't know/consider fighting was an option.
Mars has already aligned itself with the Collaboration and the GOOs.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
actually it'd be better if the ancient ai isn't evil for once

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Facility might not be evil, but it certainly is working for the bad guys.

It really depends on what kind of Intelligence it is; Machine it is just following its programming, but Artificial its evil.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Morrow posted:

So this is a realistic humanity sim?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

Its actually NPRs in certain situations that meet these requirements: 1. Be NPR, 2. Ship is only armed with missiles, and 3. Be in a nebula system. Those are all that's required for a ramming. It's really too bad that the Krab ships weren't NPR missile ships, because the event log messages for ramming sequences are pretty great.

This is the first intelligent thing I've seen you post in here. We do need to take up the torch of the Collaboration once Humanity is unified.

I've made my position, in the Discord at least, pretty clear that I've been distrustful of Facility because it is very clearly working with the Tentacular Horrors From Beyond Time and Space (AKA the Great Old Ones):

NPR ships will also ram if they cant get reloads or are unarmed. Rip 22nd destroyer squadron, turns out those empty AMM ships were not easy targets after all.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Mukaikubo posted:

Though I disagree with the outcome, there is no appeal from the Dog. I merely pray that in our hour of interplanetary thermonuclear war, the Dog will succor us with its mercy.

This is very well said. However, have you considered that Dogmocracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Z the IVth posted:

Nah

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Truly, a perfect outcome.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dogminion of sol

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

We do need to take up the torch of the Collaboration once Humanity is unified.

We should certainly take up their technology and empire.

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

Facility might not be evil, but it certainly is working for the bad guys.

It really depends on what kind of Intelligence it is; Machine it is just following its programming, but Artificial its evil.

Your dirty heathen mouth will be drowned in Facility spiders when her time of full repair dawns.

Rawkking posted:

I'm optimistic about this outcome despite not supporting it because I'm sure Saros will take things somewhere interesting with it and probably give us various choices along the path of this rather complicated plan instead of things just breaking in crazy ways.

Yeah, this seems likely.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 27, 2017

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
If anyone smuggles a dog onto my ship, I'll have the thing spaced!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Z the IVth posted:

It's us. We're Cerberus :speculate:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Dominion of Sol seemed like a bad idea to me but I honestly can't wait to see what will happen! :allears:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Sad King Billy posted:

If anyone smuggles a dog onto my ship, I'll have the thing spaced!
That's treason, Billy.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

frankenfreak posted:

That's treason, Billy.

Dogs are detrimental to good order on a Mars Navy ship. Also they are probably loyal to Earth.

Mars requires loyal Martian pets!

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Sad King Billy posted:

Dogs are detrimental to good order on a Mars Navy ship. Also they are probably loyal to Earth.

This is why I wanted Plan: Red Scare! We have a Mars First / UT spy right here in our midst and he's trying to keep patriotic Martian dogs from sniffing out his rotten soul and hidden bombs.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Sad King Billy posted:

They're all good boys, Billy.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The only right vote is a dog vote.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Nevets posted:

This is why I wanted Plan: Red Scare! We have a Mars First / UT spy right here in our midst and he's trying to keep patriotic Martian dogs from sniffing out his rotten soul and hidden bombs.

Also Snark. Snark is also a traitor. I mean he hasn’t voiced any anti-dog sentiment yet but it’s really just a matter of time and we should take action now. During the IC war I think I might have heard a rumor that he said a mean thing about a dog once.

There’s a specific provision in the Religious Liberty bill I drafted that mentions Snark by name. The bill in question:

1). Outlaws the practice of most religions
2). Calls for Snark to renounce his disbelief in Facility on pain of unassisted reentry into the Martian atmosphere
3). Finally calls out the Ganymedian Heresy for what it is, a senseless, selfish power grab by IC weirdos

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Well darn, guess I miss out on voting by being out for Crimbus. However I'm glad the Forges of Mars plan actually got so many secondary votes considering it didn't really get discussed too much after it was initially posted.

Otherwise I note my non-voting dissention to the idea of trying to destabalize the Sol system at this time and have put on my Martian Commissariat hat and we can ride this trainwreck into the nuclear sunset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Frankly, I'm staggered at the difference between the worry one show of faith by a devout of Mars caused in the thread, compared to the rather tepid reaction to the oily drivel oozing out of the vox-speakers of the Facility cultists around here...