Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Pick one or two from the list here. Usenet.farm and Bulknews will give you a total of 3 different backbones to pull articles from.

Another thing to do is you're using NZBget is to use the completions script. you can find it here, it's easy to set up and will make it so it won't bother to download a broken file, it'll just fault it before you waste time and bandwidth on it. Saved me a shitload of data and frustration when I was getting Radarr set up and updating my collection.

Thanks, they both have free trials so added them both as backups, will see how it goes and have a look at that script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Something odd's just started happening with Sonarr on my machine.

I installed both it and radarr and had them set to start up automatically but not launch the browser (i've got both interfaces pinned in chrome anyway).

For the last week though, despite the toggle still being set to off, sonarr keeps on opening up chrome on start and then launching another tab in chrome in addition to the one that's already there and pinned.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

When i look at the startup:
Radarr, has 3 lines (Conhost, network command shell, radarr.exe)
Nzbdrone.exe has 16 lines (the same 3 as the above, an Adobe Create PDF plugin listener for chrome, and 12 chrome lines with varying levels of priority).

I'm assuming both Radarr and Nzbdrone should be the same in the startup, and that Adobe thing shouldn't be in there either as part of that NZbdrones process?

Lil Devil
Feb 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been out of the usenet game for about 5 years now. Do people still recommend NewsHosting as their provider? That's what I had before and I remember liking it.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Lil Devil posted:

I've been out of the usenet game for about 5 years now. Do people still recommend NewsHosting as their provider? That's what I had before and I remember liking it.

I use newsgroup ninja. You'll just want a primary unlimited preferably that has US, NL, and DE servers and then a backup block account from a different backbone. https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers

Question of mine. In Radarr I've discovered just recently that if I finish a download and then go click the Search tab for another movie, it can't populate that list of available files. I restarted Radarr to no avail yesterday and then my router today which may have fixed it. But then after downloading another file, it happened again. Any ideas? I've used it up until now without problems.

edit: wtf nevermind it works again. Don't know what is going on.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

KingKapalone posted:

I use newsgroup ninja. You'll just want a primary unlimited preferably that has US, NL, and DE servers and then a backup block account from a different backbone. https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers

Question of mine. In Radarr I've discovered just recently that if I finish a download and then go click the Search tab for another movie, it can't populate that list of available files. I restarted Radarr to no avail yesterday and then my router today which may have fixed it. But then after downloading another file, it happened again. Any ideas? I've used it up until now without problems.

edit: wtf nevermind it works again. Don't know what is going on.

How does Radarr compare to couchpotato?

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

How does Radarr compare to couchpotato?

Well, Radarr (for all its bloated Sonarr interface), actually managed to get me a movie once in the last 4 months I had it running. CouchPotato I had running for a few years, never got me anything.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Volguus posted:

Well, Radarr (for all its bloated Sonarr interface), actually managed to get me a movie once in the last 4 months I had it running. CouchPotato I had running for a few years, never got me anything.

Radarr has advantages over CouchPotato, but you had something misconfigured or something.

I got hundreds of items through CouchPotato before I switched to Radarr.

Unfortunately, Radarr has a lot of unfortunate bugs and the developers aren't super interested in maintaining it.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Thermopyle posted:

Unfortunately, Radarr has a lot of unfortunate bugs and the developers aren't super interested in maintaining it.

Yeah, what happened there? It was the talk of the town for a minute. Now nobody cares.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Huh? There was a bit of a lull between Oct and Dec but I'm looking at the Dec. 14th changelog for Radarr and its got a ton of fixes.

I was looking at Watcher3 at some point but Sonarr/Radarr haven't been missing anything so I haven't really had any real reason to switch.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah radarr is good for the most part. I need to tweak my install so generic HC subs get pulled, but that’s about it.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!
Radarr pisses me off because it doesn't do metadata. That's literally the only reason I have couchpotato still.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Does the metadata scrape have to be automated? I used to use tiny media manager for that, I imagine you could put in a script hook to call it direct too in the Radar post-process. Once I moved to Plex and realized it takes care of metadata, I stopped using it though.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

The Gunslinger posted:

Huh? There was a bit of a lull between Oct and Dec but I'm looking at the Dec. 14th changelog for Radarr and its got a ton of fixes.

I was looking at Watcher3 at some point but Sonarr/Radarr haven't been missing anything so I haven't really had any real reason to switch.

There are a lot of bugs that require major work to fix but the core devs don't do much on the project anymore. Most of the bugs fixed nowadays are low-hanging fruit that are easy for non-core devs to work on and fix.

The big bugs that I encounter are related to the UI. Sorting and filtering with large libraries is hilariously bad...sometimes. The backend just stops updating the filtered list of movies at some point, each time you update the filter it just returns the same list of movies.

For some odd reason they insist on doing all the filtering on the backend without using some sort of opportunistic updating scheme...

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

I see Watcher mentioned as a non-Mono-dependent alternative to Radarr, but am a bit reluctant to switch over... has anyone run the two side-by-side for comparison?

My server is a Mac Mini running Sierra, and having to run two instances of Mono for Sonarr and Radarr is a bit of a hog... along with the Radarr bugs Thermopyle mentioned.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

ILikeVoltron posted:

Radarr pisses me off because it doesn't do metadata. That's literally the only reason I have couchpotato still.

Erm, am I missing something here?

I don't use metadata features in Sonarr or Radarr since Kodi and Plex handle it on their own so I don't know if there's some horrible brokeness, but at a glance it looks like there's something useful there.

For curiosity, what is the point of externally scraping the metadata when the good frontends can do it themselves?

PraxxisParadoX
Jan 24, 2004
bittah.com
Pillbug

wolrah posted:

I don't use metadata features in Sonarr or Radarr since Kodi and Plex handle it on their own so I don't know if there's some horrible brokeness, but at a glance it looks like there's something useful there.

For curiosity, what is the point of externally scraping the metadata when the good frontends can do it themselves?

Those don't actually do anything when enabled, https://github.com/Radarr/Radarr/issues/121

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

wolrah posted:

PraxxisParadoX posted:

Those don't actually do anything when enabled, https://github.com/Radarr/Radarr/issues/121

Yea, so it is an option but it doesn't work. I use local only metadata with kodi. Every other program supports doing this themselves except radarr.

Sickbeard did it, CP does it, Sonarr does it but radarr does not.

Decairn posted:

Does the metadata scrape have to be automated? I used to use tiny media manager for that, I imagine you could put in a script hook to call it direct too in the Radar post-process. Once I moved to Plex and realized it takes care of metadata, I stopped using it though.

I mean, as it stands today I have everything else automated. I looked at something called "filebot" once to solve this but eh.. I'll just keep using CP because it already works and is already doing it.

ILikeVoltron fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 22, 2017

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

ILikeVoltron posted:

I mean, as it stands today I have everything else automated. I looked at something called "filebot" once to solve this but eh.. I'll just keep using CP because it already works and is already doing it.

If you ever get bored, filebot works real well and so integration of it can be a fulfilling short project

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah Filebot is good.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Just got a Synology NAS for Plex and Usenet. Installed Plex from an spk, but thought that u would try Docker for Sabnzbd, Radarr and Sonarr. Running into what I think is a fairly common issue in that Radarr can't see the files that Sabnzbd downloads (it's in the right folder, just not finding any files). I was able to confirm that the UID and GID are the same, so I don't know what the problem is. I saw someone mentioning creating a whole new user for media, but that doesn't make any sense since I'm the only account on the system and I'm assuming that everything would be tied to the numeric UID anyway.

I'm using the "Linuxserver" versions of both Radarr and Sabnzbd. This is my first real experience with Linux, and the streamlined GUI is making it difficult to follow examples from the internet.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 27, 2017

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

Just got a Synology NAS for Plex and Usenet. Installed Plex from an spk, but thought that u would try Docker for Sabnzbd, Radarr and Sonarr. Running into what I think is a fairly common issue in that Radarr can't see the files that Sabnzbd downloads (it's in the right folder, just not finding any files). I was able to confirm that the UID and GID are the same, so I don't know what the problem is. I saw someone mentioning creating a whole new user for media, but that doesn't make any sense since I'm the only account on the system and I'm assuming that everything would be tied to the numeric UID anyway.

I'm using the "Linuxserver" versions of both Radarr and Sabnzbd. This is my first real experience with Linux, and the streamlined GUI is making it difficult to follow examples from the internet.

The most used 'how-to' on these dockers is at https://drfrankenstein.co.uk/

Check both the Radarr and Sabnzbd logs for errors. A common problem would be not having a Docker definition for 'downloads' between these apps be the same. Also, with File Explorer, check the file ownership on the directories and files (right click, properties). For UID/GID (PUID and GUID in the docker variables), you'll need to have check /etc/passwd and /etc/group for the IDs as you cannot make those up.

For what its worth, I too use Plex spk with the rest in dockers. The use of a defined media group helps at the Plex end because the spk creates a Plex user, so adding media group to that users rights can allow for Plex-controlled deletes by the Plex admin, and is also an easy way to extend other users into the media shares (I do this with Sonos and an Oppo player that each have their own users defined).

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

The Modern Leper posted:

I haven't tried running those exact programs in dockers but are you volume mounting (-v /host/path:/docker/path) the shared directory into each docker at runtime? That may help.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Thank you both. Since Plex was already outside of the Docker environment, I ended up making additional "download" folders in there, and pointing Sonarr and Radarr out of Docker and into those. I guess (?) the problem was trying to process the downloads from within the Docker/Sabnzbd folder.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Weird, with these new uploads that have their names in initials, Radarr is able to index them fine in its search but if I grab them through its interface they get sent to nzbget but Radarr doesn’t acknowledge them from that point on, so have to Manually Import.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Another thing to do is you're using NZBget is to use the completions script. you can find it here, it's easy to set up and will make it so it won't bother to download a broken file, it'll just fault it before you waste time and bandwidth on it. Saved me a shitload of data and frustration when I was getting Radarr set up and updating my collection.

I’ve been using the Completion script for NZBGet for about a year and it’s so good and useful that I’m surprised its features haven’t been rolled into base NZBGet.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Parker Lewis posted:

I’ve been using the Completion script for NZBGet for about a year and it’s so good and useful that I’m surprised its features haven’t been rolled into base NZBGet.

I've been using it for a couple months and I can't say I've noticed any difference from prior to me using it.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

That could be because I don't really sit around waiting for stuff. I mostly have no idea what my usenet programs are doing...things just show up in Kodi and I watch them (or not).

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

That could be because I don't really sit around waiting for stuff. I mostly have no idea what my usenet programs are doing...things just show up in Kodi and I watch them (or not).

Ever since I connected Radarr to Trakt and told it to grab the top 25 most watched movies of the week, I haven't even manually added anything in months.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

FCKGW posted:

Ever since I connected Radarr to Trakt and told it to grab the top 25 most watched movies of the week, I haven't even manually added anything in months.

Well, this has certainly opened new windows of opportunity.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

I was the same way (well, minus kodi or plex or crap like that. they just show up in folders.), until I went one day in the basement where all the servers/nas/crap is. And I hear the NAS HDDs screaming in terror as the needles move faster than helicopter blades at full speed. What do you know, sonarr and radarr have the very nice habit of trashing the HDDs like is going out of style. They have tasks that launch every loving minute and no, their schedule cannot be updated. After quite a bit of searching on the net I ended up disabling a bunch of crap from sonarr and radarr and hopefully they let my NAS breathe a little.

Those programs are the devil, let me tell you.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Volguus posted:

I was the same way (well, minus kodi or plex or crap like that. they just show up in folders.), until I went one day in the basement where all the servers/nas/crap is. And I hear the NAS HDDs screaming in terror as the needles move faster than helicopter blades at full speed. What do you know, sonarr and radarr have the very nice habit of trashing the HDDs like is going out of style. They have tasks that launch every loving minute and no, their schedule cannot be updated. After quite a bit of searching on the net I ended up disabling a bunch of crap from sonarr and radarr and hopefully they let my NAS breathe a little.

I don't have this issue, but I only put completed files on the NAS and use local server storage as the temporary download location.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

I don't have this issue, but I only put completed files on the NAS and use local server storage as the temporary download location.

I do that too (it's way faster than repairing or unrar-ing over the network mount), but they are/were monitoring poo poo I guess.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Volguus posted:

Never have had any similar sort of problem and I have hundreds of shows in Sonarr and 1500 movies in Radar.

My server is monitored with Grafana/Telegraf so I'd know if anything was thrashing the system.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

Never have had any similar sort of problem and I have hundreds of shows in Sonarr and 1500 movies in Radar.

My server is monitored with Grafana/Telegraf so I'd know if anything was thrashing the system.

My NAS is just a NAS box, mounted over the network via NFS/SMB by the various servers and services that need said mount.2 of those services were sonarr and radarr until i told them to take a hike and unmounted the NAS from their VM. Given that 2 HDDs on the NAS are WD red at 5400RPM the speed of that thing was never its strong point.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
When running on the same system as the storage they can use system APIs to know if something changed. When accessing it over SMB they take a more brute force approach.

Any reason you couldn't just have your entire download apparatus directly on the NAS?

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

wolrah posted:

When running on the same system as the storage they can use system APIs to know if something changed. When accessing it over SMB they take a more brute force approach.

Any reason you couldn't just have your entire download apparatus directly on the NAS?

Directly on the NAS? That thing has a cpu that's powered by a drunken mouse (which I am not feeding). ARM something I believe. I got plenty of CPU power available for repairing and unraring things, the NAS just does storage over the network, nothing more.

Secondly , my download apparatus is quite complicated, with custom applications that I built over the years that do all kinds of crap. I understand that the NAS has a linux OS running on it, but everything is just much easier and faster if I have computers/VMs handling that and just shoving it onto the NAS when done for long term storage.

CPU on the NAS:

code:
processor       : 0
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 34.37
Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp vfpv3 vfpv3d16 tls idivt
CPU implementer : 0x56
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x1
CPU part        : 0x581
CPU revision    : 1

Hardware        : Marvell Armada 370/XP (Device Tree)
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000
Great little CPU, but I wouldn't run par2 on it and expect to be done at some point this decade.

Volguus fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 28, 2017

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sonarr is very solid but Radarr is still weird like CP was all those years ago. I had added a film before it released to blu-ray which did not download when it was released.

I manually found a file that met my criteria and downloaded it and THEN Radarr took the credit for it and moved/renamed for me.

Im assuming Radarr is not as far a long dev-wise as Sonarr?

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Laserface posted:

Sonarr is very solid but Radarr is still weird like CP was all those years ago. I had added a film before it released to blu-ray which did not download when it was released.

I manually found a file that met my criteria and downloaded it and THEN Radarr took the credit for it and moved/renamed for me.

Im assuming Radarr is not as far a long dev-wise as Sonarr?

Other than the godawful user interface and now this issue with working too hard on my NAS, didn't have a problem with Sonarr/Radarr either. Unfortunately, i'm not aware of a better one (slickbeard is old and I don't remember what the issue was but it had something going wrong that forced me to move to sonarr).

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Volguus posted:

Directly on the NAS? That thing has a cpu that's powered by a drunken mouse (which I am not feeding). ARM something I believe. I got plenty of CPU power available for repairing and unraring things, the NAS just does storage over the network, nothing more.

Secondly , my download apparatus is quite complicated, with custom applications that I built over the years that do all kinds of crap. I understand that the NAS has a linux OS running on it, but everything is just much easier and faster if I have computers/VMs handling that and just shoving it onto the NAS when done for long term storage.

CPU on the NAS:

Great little CPU, but I wouldn't run par2 on it and expect to be done at some point this decade.

I'd just upgrade the NAS, personally. There are plenty of nice options that run on decently capable x86-64 CPUs. Or DIY it, which is what I actually did because it was cheaper and I don't value my own time.

If you want to keep the split setup maybe using NFS or iSCSI might be a better way to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

wolrah posted:

I'd just upgrade the NAS, personally. There are plenty of nice options that run on decently capable x86-64 CPUs. Or DIY it, which is what I actually did because it was cheaper and I don't value my own time.

If you want to keep the split setup maybe using NFS or iSCSI might be a better way to do it.

Well, there is no reason to upgrade the NAS yet, since it's working just fine. What it does it does well. And yes, everyone other than a couple of windows machines in the house use NFS to talk to the thing (32k read/write buffers, though some only use 8K). Is not the speed of the NAS, it handles that well. But when you have a crappy program that's scanning the harddrives like there's no tomorrow every minute/hour/whatever it doesn't matter what you have. To throw hundreds of $ down the toilet because sonarr sucks balls is not acceptable. Luckily it can be told to stop this nonsense, even though i would have preferred to just tell it to take it easier. Ultimately I hope to replace it with something saner.