Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Well I tried to spend a few extra pulls fishing for the new dancer and got -atk +Def Tanya instead, so I said gently caress you banner and went back to pulling for nowi, got jack poo poo there too but finally got a bunch of good skill fodder and got my stupid horse emblem team online and was able to collect a bunch more orbs from all my unfinished storylines and whatnot which all availed me nothing so far. Give me more stamina potions stupid game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

FartingBedpost posted:

I’ll go with WLissa, because she’s the holliest and jolliest.
Given that I do not care even in the slightest about who wins, I might just join Team Lissa too. I can't stand Fates royals and Lissa seems the most Christmas-y of the lot, and is generally a pretty great person and not an rear end in a top hat.

valuum posted:

Spent all my orbs, got pity broken by Sonya and a NY Takumi (five grey orbs, what). He's +atk -spd, so I guess maybe someone gets his weapon some day?
If you don't want to keep Sonya around, Res Ploy and Mirror Strike are pretty juicy for inheritance.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Washout posted:

Well I tried to spend a few extra pulls fishing for the new dancer and got -atk +Def Tanya instead, so I said gently caress you banner and went back to pulling for nowi, got jack poo poo there too but finally got a bunch of good skill fodder and got my stupid horse emblem team online and was able to collect a bunch more orbs from all my unfinished storylines and whatnot which all availed me nothing so far. Give me more stamina potions stupid game.

Tana is good, although -atk might be awkward

also she's probably a better character than Azura

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
My -ATK Tana existed in my barracks for all of about 3 seconds before Cordelia ate her for Guidance.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Link your account to mynintendo. Get stamina potions.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I really hate that refining stones is ungrindable. It's not like letting people have a decent set of characters with refined weapons is going to throw the game's balance away.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Roger Explosion posted:

If you don't want to keep Sonya around, Res Ploy and Mirror Strike are pretty juicy for inheritance.

That's a very good idea. I've been running a mixed team for arena lately, res ploy would fit in way better than the single horse and armor buffs I sport on two of them currently.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Roger Explosion posted:

My -ATK Tana existed in my barracks for all of about 3 seconds before Cordelia ate her for Guidance.

I think mine is going to sit around until I need to give guidance away or I get enough fliers for a flying team neither of which are even remote possibilities unless I get something crazy off banner again. I just need 20k feathers for Cecilia now but I just spent 10 on potential for horse skills so another week at least. Then I think I'll save another 20 and give Cecilia a blade tomb since I don't have bowbreaker or Gtombbreaker for her.

Washout fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 31, 2017

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So, I bought 35 orbs for the Legendary Heroes banner as a New Year's gift for myself and, HOLY MOTHER, I got two Amelia's (that's three in total from this banner), an Elise and a 4* Klein.

One of those Amelia is +SPD/-ATK, just like the other one, so I guess she's fodder. The other one is +SPD/-DEF, which is kinda trash as well. I already gave Effie Armor March a while ago, so that's my armour team covered, and Titania is already ear-marked to get one of those Slaying Axes. I guess I just hold onto the other two until I find someone else who wants Slaying Axe+. Happy New Year, Roger, have an excess of Amelias. Love, IS.

Elise is +ATK/DEF, which is loving phenomenal, so she's now the alpha-Elise.

The 4* Klein will be melted away for Death Blow 3 for my +ATK/-SPD Lyn that's been sitting in my barracks literally for months. Because the next arena rewards will give me 200 divine dew in reserve (Sieglinde plz), I pulled the trigger early on giving her the Brash Assault upgrade. Already tried the normal Sol Katti/B-slot version a while back and wasn't terribly thrilled. It was good, but getting her under 50% health was a little to conditional for me to really fall for the gimmick. Cue today, with Wrath in her B-slot, Moonbow as her special and the slightest tap from the enemy turns her into a murder-buzzsaw. Darting Blow is her current budget A-slot skill, which was a means to ensure a double as much as possible, but it's largely redundant with the Brash Sol Katti upgrade. Death Blow 3 is just going to be mean.

There was also a 4* Soren. Just to remind me. That he's there. Watching. Waiting. :argh:

Quick aside, a new month means new monthly quests, and they always include a tonne of stamina potions.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Got Airzura on my free pull.

That's my third free 5* in six weeks :toot:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

Who wants Mirror Strike?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Tired Moritz posted:

I really hate that refining stones is ungrindable. It's not like letting people have a decent set of characters with refined weapons is going to throw the game's balance away.

Yeah, I have over 200 sacred coins and I’d trade those in a heartbeat for more refining stones.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Elyv posted:

Who wants Mirror Strike?
No one in particular. Player-phase mages, I guess. Any Death Blow variation is pretty good.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Even my stupid shiny new horse emblem team can't do poo poo against Effie, that lunatic with the dancer just ruins my day every time, I need to bait more carefully or something.

*gently caress I forgot that I could have lights blessing and cheesed it. Dammit!

Washout fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 31, 2017

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

seriously where's corrin

The japanese twitter implied that corrin (unnamed, but they used the "Special Heroes" title) would be "an event reward" in January
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/946637354453757958

Assuming they don't do something insane like make him the reward for the winner of the gauntlet, maybe he'll just be the tempest reward?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Finally broke that 10.5% pity rate on the Legend banner and it was the unit I wanted, to boot!

She's -atk, lest you think that gacha was really taking mercy on me. Oh well, -atk Elise can still do Dazzling Gravity bombing! She'll make a nice counterpoint to my Wrathful Gravity bomb Priscilla. I already got her Heavenly Light, Attack+3, Hone Cavalry, and put the Speed+3 Seal on her. Anything else she might want?

I gave her my last Water Blessing so she can get SP at a reasonable rate. Now to get her a poo poo-ton of SP!

Oh and for the Voting Gauntlet, since I don't have any of the units on it I'll just back who I like the best. Team Soup it is! For all ya'll planning to back Taco, Prince of Soup, which one of my lovely units would you like to have fight for you in the Gauntlet?

Highlights Include:

Amelia the Better Hector, Super Cherche, Brave Frederick, Lightning Breath++ Corrin, Boring Reinhardt, WoClere Michalis, TA Raven Halloween Henry, TA Raven Spring Camilla, Boring BowLyn, aforementioned Wrathful Gravity Priscilla, and dancers in three color flavors.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
I've got 3 Sheena's from the last few times that I've rolled. I've got CChrom, CTharja, and a 4* Effie. Is it a stupid idea to mulch one of the Sheenas to get Fortify Armor on one of them and just merge and max Sheena for a complete armor team? She seems like a high-investment unit, but since I don't have access to Armor March, I figure that making this team as tanky as possible would at least make it playable.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

rannum posted:

The japanese twitter implied that corrin (unnamed, but they used the "Special Heroes" title) would be "an event reward" in January

Assuming they don't do something insane like make him the reward for the winner of the gauntlet, maybe he'll just be the tempest reward?

That's my guess

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Finished up my Gwendolyn for now

Obstruct is a meme but I'm insane enough to do it. If I was really insane I'd run bold fighter + steady breath + aether or something. She hardly takes any damage from non green physical units at all unless they got a Luna or something.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If you’re on team Azura, you may see this girl on your team

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

rannum posted:

That's gotta be it. Now that I think about it, it's kind of shocking there hasn't been a Fates TT yet

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Tried only pulling on greens, so of course my pity rate was broken by Weab Camilla (-atk/+res). Great. I decided to pull the rest of the circle, and I got my first Young Tiki (+spd/-def). So at least I got that.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

mabels big day posted:

Finished up my Gwendolyn for now

Obstruct is a meme but I'm insane enough to do it. If I was really insane I'd run bold fighter + steady breath + aether or something. She hardly takes any damage from non green physical units at all unless they got a Luna or something.

What's up Gwendolyn pal

When I don't know what to do with my feathers, I throw another on the stack.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I've thought about building up a Gwen since she's a high BST unit that is available at 3 stars but then I just never do it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Elyv posted:

I've thought about building up a Gwen since she's a high BST unit that is available at 3 stars but then I just never do it

she's insanely expensive to make her good. mine sucked until i got berkut's lance on her.

stratego
May 6, 2007

Hello thread, I used about 600 orbs trying to get a NY Camilla by sniping red. I got 4 five stars, two of them are the new Azura, one is a -spd/+res Raven, and the other is a Luke.
Hope everyone else has better luck getting what they want.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Y'all gonna see the true power of my swole rear end florina come voting gauntlet time, catch me on the queersquad with tharja

AverySpecialfriend fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 31, 2017

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

stratego posted:

Hello thread, I used about 600 orbs trying to get a NY Camilla by sniping red. I got 4 five stars, two of them are the new Azura, one is a -spd/+res Raven, and the other is a Luke.

that sounds close to about my luck with the winter banner but about 300 orbs less and also i got tharja at the very end of it all

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Pulled a +atk/-res Bike. Already had a +res/-hp Bike with full inherits. Kind of want to raise the +atk one up and reinherit, and then feed the old bike off to Nowi for steady breath to replace triangle adept.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

stratego posted:

Wow, 600 orbs? Where do you people work?

I saved up 30 orbs for new years and got a Marth. At least he's +speed. Lol, think I blew all my luck on Gunnthra.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 1, 2018

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Had no greens so I picked the colorless orb on a whim and got a +atk -res Takumi :cabot: Now I got one for murdering and one to sit on forever for inheritance

Shoulda checked the 4 red orbs in hopes of a Camilla but I didn’t have enough for a full pull and I’m trying to snipe Azura.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
+Def/-HP Airzura on my free pull :toot:

I took my savings in orbs and immediately blew them on the legendary banner to break my pity rate before it goes poof; I pulled a +Def/-Res Amelia. I assume this is much better than my original +Spd/-Def and she should become Amelia Prime while the first is a +1 or a slaying axe+/armor march, yes?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Used a gift card and got myself a Christmas Lissa!!

She’s so jolly by golly.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 1, 2018

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Trying something different this Gauntlet.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
prolly gonna join either christmas lissa or christmas chrom, with a delthea (dark aura, DB3, desperation 3, drive speed 2, hone speed seal) to send out

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

smh if you aren't on team ryoma because fuckin lol

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Did a hail mary pull on the Legendary Heroes banner and got Spring Lucina, who's +SPD/-RES. Seriously, what is it with the game giving me the -RES bane for my pulls? It's either -RES or -HP (that's another bane I get a lot) for banes that I always seem to get on 5 star pulls. It's bizarre that I keep getting the same banes so often.

Oh well, I have a new blue mage on deck for any future teams I may create, as well as the unit I wanted way back when the spring banner came out, so all is good for now.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I have a +spd/-hp Blarblade Blucina and she does work in AA and occasionally other stuff

I think she's basically the same character statwise as Tailtiu/Linde/Lute

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
HP- is consistently the best bane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I think -def is probably better on Blucina but it's a pretty marginal difference