Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol owned weed smoking non-voters

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/948916954890371072

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I like jimmy dore but my youtube feed has a bundle of pro-stein videos from him and i know the dude is basically a leftist shill but he makes good points now and then, it sucks he's focusing on defending stein right now, who is just the worst representative of the wider left.

Aesop Poprock posted:

most of this thread is about trying to laugh about democrats but democrats are so essentially invisible and uninteresting it's kind of hard to. I don't see a lot of defending it's mostly just laughing at people responding to him

wrong, people are trying to talk about dems but stupid rear end dipshits keep talking about trump because they desperately want to derail the thread and kill it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

Springtime for Hitler in the Producers

They make this comparison in the article lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sessions is trash and thinks weed is worse than heroin

I'm surprised it took this long

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jimmy Dore liked Elizabeth Warren too until she completely stumbled on her response to DAPL, doing the whole "people need to calm down on BOTH sides" routine.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trump should ignore this case entirely and then go on TV directly talking to NY residents instructing them to follow federal laws.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Well I guess he has come around it's only slightly less awful

“I realize this may be an unfashionable belief in a time of growing tolerance of drug use. But too many lives are at stake to worry about being fashionable. I reject the idea that America will be a better place if marijuana is sold in every corner store. And I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana—so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful,”

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The couple had opted for formal jobs in the West Wing, in part because they knew that influencing Trump required you to be all-in. From phone call to phone call — and his day, beyond organized meetings, was almost entirely phone calls — you could lose him. He could not really converse, not in the sense of sharing information, or of a balanced back-and-forth conversation. He neither particularly listened to what was said to him nor particularly considered what he said in response. He demanded you pay him attention, then decided you were weak for groveling.

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Blue Train posted:

“Errr … that’s why,” said Bannon. “So the snowflakes would show up at the airports and riot.” That was the way to crush the liberals: Make them crazy and drag them to the left.

What's the timer since the last time someone linked to Adam Curtis' HyperNormalisation?

The only fault is imagining that Democrats aren't doing the same thing.

It's just that in recent history (Southern Strategy) the Conservatives have been way better at MiniTru.

"Today I want to send a message to every survivor of sexual assault," Clinton said. "Don't let anyone silence your voice. You have the right to be heard. You have the right to be believed and we're with you."

Also more relevant, the idea that the Obama admin was soft on weed doesn't match reality.

https://greenrushdaily.com/dispensary-raids-rise-obama-regime/

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blue Train posted:

They make this comparison in the article lol

I only read a little bit of it lol

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Trump.mp4 is losing his poo poo somewhere lol

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful,”

jesus, that's a good analogy for voting dem

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lmao, a semi-literate child

Yet the president, while proposing the most radical departure from governing and policy norms in several generations, had few specific ideas about how to turn his themes and vitriol into policy. And making suggestions to him was deeply complicated. Here, arguably, was the central issue of the Trump presidency, informing every aspect of Trumpian policy and leadership: He didn’t process information in any conventional sense. He didn’t read. He didn’t really even skim. Some believed that for all practical purposes he was no more than semi-­literate. He trusted his own expertise ­— no matter how paltry or irrelevant — more than anyone else’s. He was often confident, but he was just as often paralyzed, less a savant than a figure of sputtering and dangerous insecurities, whose instinctive response was to lash out and behave as if his gut, however confused, was in fact in some clear and forceful way telling him what to do. It was, said Walsh, “like trying to figure out what a child wants.”

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

yeah b b but hillary would have banned videogames

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If Bannon, Priebus, and Kushner were now fighting a daily war with one another, it was exacerbated by the running disinformation campaign about them that was being prosecuted by the president himself. When he got on the phone after dinner, he’d speculate on the flaws and weaknesses of each member of his staff. Bannon was disloyal (not to mention he always looks like poo poo). Priebus was weak (not to mention he was short — a midget). Kushner was a suck-up. Sean Spicer was stupid (and looks terrible too). Conway was a crybaby. Jared and Ivanka should never have come to Washington.

---

In early March, not long before she left, she confronted Kushner with a simple request. “Just give me the three things the president wants to focus on,” she demanded. “What are the three priorities of this White House?”

It was the most basic question imaginable — one that any qualified presidential candidate would have answered long before he took up residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Six weeks into Trump’s presidency, Kushner was wholly without an answer.

“Yes,” he said to Walsh. “We should probably have that conversation.”

lol

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
*in trump voice* wow this bannon guy! does he even realize how lovely he looks? probably not, as every mirror in the white house has been mysteriously destroyed for some reason...

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Jose Mengelez posted:

*in trump voice* wow this bannon guy! does he even realize how lovely he looks? probably not, as every mirror in the white house has been mysteriously destroyed for some reason...

"drat those elusive light switches"

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jeff Sessions is going to arrest all children under 12 who use medical CBD for seizures. He will then charge them all as adults and push for the death penalty as federal law allows for such crimes.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

muh weed

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Weed's illegal in my state so I'm just gonna keep doing the same thing I've been doing: smoking illegally

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

its ok, your videogames are safe.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Trump.mp4 is losing his poo poo somewhere lol

he doesn't need weed to feel like a man. he needs a strict daily regimen of hormone replacement therapy.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol that perm , trump.mp4 , and yug have to post on The Donald because something awful is mean to conservatives !!!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

If only the democrats had passed some laws while they were in power instead of just writing a bunch of executive orders.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

If only the democrats had passed some laws while they were in power instead of just writing a bunch of executive orders.

could be more subtle, but you'll probably get some bites, lord knows I was tempted

anyway don's super duper not mad about this fake book full of lies and deceit and
https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/948947820186390528

vvv holy poo poo that's some peak dem

World War Mammories has issued a correction as of 17:53 on Jan 4, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Peace de Bundy posted:

lol that perm , trump.mp4 , and yug have to post on The Donald because something awful is mean to conservatives !!!

its really not hard to not post like a massive retard

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status...%3D1740%23pti40

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

just one term though, and then hillary has waited long enough for her (two) turns

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Imo if my idiot rear end has made it this long in gbs with nothing but a few 6es punctuated maybe once or twice with heavier stuff you gotta be a huge gently caress up to get actually run off the forums by the mod team.

This thread is maybe the easiest politics discussion to post in too but people still get owned constantly its unbelievable

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
https://twitter.com/geoffreyvs/status/948950123593322496

https://twitter.com/SWINTERSMITH/status/948950310868979713

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

basic hitler posted:

This thread is maybe the easiest politics discussion to post in too but people still get owned constantly its unbelievable

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/948766315023667200

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

This is v funny to me cause all these shitlib idiots sent the original story to me talking about the significance of one vote and how every vote matters. Owned

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ugh

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

just one term though, and then hillary has waited long enough for her (two) turns

Hillary is old news, it's all about Ivanka now.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Trump is falling apart at the seams , cannot govern , is literally retarded

Dems, sucking teeth : ahh but decorum

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

"im err... a normal person" -2020 dem campaign slogan

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I just want a 2020 prez with a massively oversized chin-satchel, way bigger than trump's so he can jut it out like a rooster on those ex-presidential get togethers and poo poo

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Maya Fey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxJyPsmEask

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Maya Fey posted:

Zuck's classes have been paying off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
republican: i wanna gently caress you up, i wanna make u my little bitch, ur pain will be eternal and you will suffer like no other

democrat, leaning in and whispering: wow thats rude

• Locked thread