Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I don't buy OMGs post as legitimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

oh goddamnit :argh:

You're too slow! :ese:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

CCKeane posted:

I don't buy OMGs post as legitimate.

do you think tmm and omg are both scum together

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

also ##vote quid

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
That is pretty damning on Quid :commissar:

I'm going to hold off on changing my vote for now, but am happy to change to Quid. Let's see where it goes from here.

Truth Quark posted:

I am actually trying to give you the benefit of the doubt now if you actually are new, because I made hedgy comments all the time when I was new to this game (and still am new compared to a lot of the players in this game), but I still would like the original question I posed answered. It was in response to this post:

This post made it seem to me like you had actual experience in mafia, and more importantly were using it to justify your opinion on PMush. If you've never played mafia before, why make a post like this?

That all seems blatantly obvious to me? None of it requires any specific mafia knowledge to come to the conclusion, though I did read a bunch of the SA mafia wiki before the game actually started to make sure I knew what was going on. Points 1 and 2 are talking about how she is posting, i.e. that interruptions and forgetfulness happen all the time, especially when you are phone posting during a very busy time of year (the holidays).

Point three doesn't require any deep strategy either:
1. Tobbs had caused a lightning rod over saying what he could do
---Take away: Revealing your ability makes people think you are scum- a bad thing for scum to do
2. She revealed her role in his defense anyways
---Take away: Scum would never have done this because of how much fire Tobbs drew. It was going to get her executed for doing what Tobbs did, but even more because her ability actually does things. It just hurts scum by getting her killed by votes, which it did
---Second: if we assume she is town, then her ability would be key on the battlefield. That makes her a nightkill target for scum and a battlefield target for enemy soldiers. It would end up getting her killed this way, too. But doing this in error made way more sense than doing so with Bif et al talking to her and saying not to.

Thus, bad town play made sense but scum play did not.

I'm not sure how my thought process here was hard to follow at all or relied upon deep mafia knowledge?

Unless you actually meant this post?

Truth Quark posted:

Do you have any reason for thinking PMush is town other than your analysis of why outing abilities is actually pro-town? Because people have explained why that isn't the case in detail (with multiple explanation), so that argument is pretty played out at this point.

Specifically I want to know what you think of a) people pointing out the timing of her post after KB specifically asked us not to share ability info and b) her frequent excuses for her absence from the thread.

Because it seems the above post by me addresses all of that except "why outing abilities is pro-town." I didn't make that particular claim. I said multiple times that it was a stupid move on Tobbs and PMush's part. I did claim, however, that eventually we would need to know what everyone could do so we could work better on the battlefield as a team, and see where the difference between posted abilities and actual results lay.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
...yeah, this is very compelling

I'll still read both Quid and Kash tomorrow - it's late here atm - but given the case already made against Quid I think that'll end up being more or less a formality

still have plenty of time so I'm going to chill on voting until tomorrow sometime probably

##unvote for now

re: sal:

SalTheBard posted:

My biggest mistake was not re-reading my own posts to make sure that my message was consistent.

i think this crossed the line into me being unable to believe that a scum player would ever actually post this in the thread

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I don't actually know how I feel about Quid overall but yeah okay ##vote Quid explain right now

convenient, too, that bread isn't around to confirm/reject the claim

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Also, I posted because poo pooposting is fun and lurking isn't.

I was totally correct though :smug:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
##unvote because a bunch of nerds are about to come in here and drop a vote without thinking or looking at votefinder.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Gamerofthegame posted:

do you think tmm and omg are both scum together

No, I think it's an attempt by a scumbuddy to take an opportunity to appear townie by bussing a scumbuddy by mirroring a town argument and indicating they just got beat.

TMMs points are Rock solid. I don't think he is scum. I do think he is right on Quid.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

rereading my other scum pick from yesterday:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Gamerofthegame: i didn't have a read either way on them until this post, now leaning scum:

Gamerofthegame posted:

slaan exists? slaan was a joke vote if you missed it. He joined Kash on the "don't loving claim idiot" wagon, so I am a bit pro-town.

im casing you because of your dumb call outs on kash over dumb stuff to the point of tunnel vision, while dancing around Tobbs to the effect of only mentioning him as a case against kashuno. which fits into my incredible and accurate prediction of if tobbs is scum then the scum team is the people explicitly not posting about his weird posts

vote tobbs and he flips scum, we vote you

punk.

This is weirdly aggresive and stinks to high heaven. "If [person] flips scum, then we..." You know something we don't about Tobbs' flip?

This post of gamer's still seems scummy to me. Chaining if-thens is never a good look, but it isn't damning. However, after re-reading the rest of Gamer, it's mitigated that feeling, however. Pretty much everything they've been saying today makes sense.

Rereading gamer did bring me to this exchange, however:

Gamerofthegame posted:

Flying Leatherman posted:

This is too much inconsistency for me and I'm comfortable ##vote SalTheBard today.

I entirely agree. He's been playing the lurker card hard and as you suggest, he's getting his wires crossed.

Almost as if he's getting mixed up in what's said in some gdoc somewhere . . .

I still have a bad vibe on Slaan, but I think I'll shift to Sal for today. ##vote SalTheBard

and following that rabbit hole led me to this post:

Slaan posted:

I'm definitely feeling the Gamer scum read other have been making, and I voted for him early on D1, so I'm going to go ahead and ##vote Gamer. I'm a bit more iffy on him today because I can see some decent points that he is making, but overall it just feels wrong. So far, my reads have been gut level "does this feel natural" or not. Gamer doesn't pass that for me.

Obviously, trying to get me offed doesn't help either. I'm really not sure what he has against me. It feels like he is tossing anything against me he can and hoping something sticks.

Which really ingenuine in light of Gamer's activity so far today. It feels like Slaan's trying to mitigate the effect Gamer's effort will have on others' opinion of Gamer. Maybe it's just Slaan's bad gutfeel on Gamer carrying over into today, but I don't know how anyone looks at Gamer's posting today and doesn't find it genuine, especially at a gut level. Leaning scum on Slaan.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

CCKeane posted:

No, I think it's an attempt by a scumbuddy to take an opportunity to appear townie by bussing a scumbuddy by mirroring a town argument and indicating they just got beat.

TMMs points are Rock solid. I don't think he is scum. I do think he is right on Quid.

I was composing that post in a side tab as I reread quid, after getting caught up with everything that'd happened since battle started. I caught quid's inconsistency when I got to the end of the reread, at their battle claim.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I am back to read and catch up now.

Don't like that Quid thing at all but don't want to dogpile a vote without giving Quid a chance to explain and tbh given how yesterday's thing worked out with PMush I also don't want to lock myself into one option when there's lots of other people to read/question too. Consider my vote to be on Quid for now though.

KB, you asked earlier today about healing- I have a very weak day heal if needed.

Going back to read now.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

TMMadman posted:

Holy poo poo, I just realized something else about Quid.

Ok, here's that post of Quids reads again:

And then here is Quids claimed battle actions:

Can anyone note the obvious contradiction? The blatant mistake?

It's that Quid decided to use a buff-style action on Bread, his #2 scum pick at the end of the day.

Well, that's what I get for trying to finish all three iso reads before looking for new posts.

I didn't even see that, either, I was going to complain about this:

Quidthulhu posted:

Actually I'm reading more and Tobbs does summarize really clearly. I'm just flat out wrong about everything I've posted today, my god.
basically trying to excuse everything but the post TMM saw and the buddying-up to MMT. (Not that it actually excuses it, but it makes it hard to have a conversation about it. "Hey, why did you do X?" "Yeah, I was wrong to do X." "Um, okay.")

For Kash... not being able to discuss battle actions is somewhat hamstringing here. Otherwise, I only have one real complaint:

Kashuno posted:

*braces for cries that only scum use shrug emote*

Kashuno posted:

*braces for “uh he used kill instead of lynch”*

Kashuno posted:

*braces for "you are connecting unflipped players"*
This is weirdly self-conscious, Kash, is there something you want to tell us? :v: More seriously, it does worry me a bit that Kash is trying to set up to go after TQ after Quid flips, but that scenario wouldn't actually make Quid not scum. So we start there, and don't make assumptions about what comes next.

FL seems solid enough to me, but then I think I'm a bit biased there; he's basically doing a better job of what I'm trying to do.

You can count this as a virtual vote on Quid to avoid an accidental dunk. Just from people stating that, this is, what, -3 -2?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Max Peck posted:

Well, that's what I get for trying to finish all three iso reads before looking for new posts.

I didn't even see that, either, I was going to complain about this:

basically trying to excuse everything but the post TMM saw and the buddying-up to MMT. (Not that it actually excuses it, but it makes it hard to have a conversation about it. "Hey, why did you do X?" "Yeah, I was wrong to do X." "Um, okay.")

For Kash... not being able to discuss battle actions is somewhat hamstringing here. Otherwise, I only have one real complaint:

This is weirdly self-conscious, Kash, is there something you want to tell us? :v: More seriously, it does worry me a bit that Kash is trying to set up to go after TQ after Quid flips, but that scenario wouldn't actually make Quid not scum. So we start there, and don't make assumptions about what comes next.

FL seems solid enough to me, but then I think I'm a bit biased there; he's basically doing a better job of what I'm trying to do.

You can count this as a virtual vote on Quid to avoid an accidental dunk. Just from people stating that, this is, what, -3 -2?
I’m a vote on Quid. I’m pretty sure he’s lynched in theoretical land

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hi I haven't forgotten about mis amigos, I have been extremely busy doing many important things of consequence.

King Burgundy posted:

Your answer to wanting to be in battle, was no.

What the heart yearns for and what the char sheet says are often at odds

:yaycloud:

King Burgundy posted:

If we have other healers, I'm fine with exposing you now. I've decided I need to know what I'm working with. Let me know.

With all due respect, I fuckin disagree with this course of action jefe

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm going to sleep but will ##vote Gamer for now.

Also rising up on my list is Moat:

Moat - why were you sad about not being in the battle given that you said you didn't want to be in it?

I asked this before but don't want it lost in the mix - what in Gamer's posting made you go from "i would be very comfortable voting either" to "cooling on him"? To me, the fact that he didn't try to get cred for defending pmush doesn't feel like enough to just change your mind like that.

Read above for your first part

For the second: I specifically used cooling because that's exactly what it was. I don't specifically think he's town but pmush flipping town and gamer not even trying to grab some cred took some wind out of my sails.

Now that I have caught I have to say that the quid-tmm poo poo is p damning and I would like to hear from quid

I'll be around for an hour or two before bed

Hmu if youre feeling solita

:wink:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

CCKeane posted:

that is aggressively fast typing tho

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also keane not answering TMMs requests is probably the funniest poo poo in this game for me rn

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Flying Leatherman posted:

re: sal:

i think this crossed the line into me being unable to believe that a scum player would ever actually post this in the thread

I just have to comment on this since I am who I am. This made me laugh out loud, because it's not something that should ever be said, but by the same token, I do it all the time as town. Constantly reread myself to remind me where my head was at before moving forward again when I come back to the thread. My memory is NOT good.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Moatillata posted:

Also keane not answering TMMs requests is probably the funniest poo poo in this game for me rn

it's technically not in this game but no, the funniest thing thus far is bifauxnen turbolynching the texan person she chose as an advisor

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

GeneX posted:

it's technically not in this game but no, the funniest thing thus far is bifauxnen turbolynching the texan person she chose as an advisor

Bif at battles outset

Bif after battle

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

With all due respect, I fuckin disagree with this course of action jefe

Not an opinion that is at all useful at this point. ;)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

King Burgundy posted:

Not an opinion that is at all useful at this point. ;)

Yeah I know. I just feel like it's painting a huge target on everyone's back

Especially since if people just let their damage be known it could be helped organically

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mafia Edit:

that Quid is set to be strung up does not excuse you from posting reads, Hats

I also want Hal to say almost literally anything about who he thinks is scum, because his posts thus far pretty much condense into "I think PMush is scum" and "I think gamer is town, but I might be wrong" with a few responses to AA and Keane sprinkled in

Same goes for IllegallySober

none of you get to add quid to your lists btw

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

GeneX posted:

Mafia Edit:

that Quid is set to be strung up does not excuse you from posting reads, Hats

I'm working on it!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Just finished a reread of MMT and felt like most of her cases were based on pretty reasonable points even if I didn't always 100% agree with every point. One thing that did jump out to me was her casing of Chaoslord last night, which seemed to be a sudden switch of focus when she'd been pushing Gamer pretty hard and now she's returned to Gamer today. I'm going to mull that over while I take a look at AA next.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

Yeah I know. I just feel like it's painting a huge target on everyone's back

Especially since if people just let their damage be known it could be helped organically

Yes and no. There are things I can't say obviously.

But the most obvious to thread reason that it can't happen organically is you end up with a bunch of people being overhealed and some people not getting healed at all. Like for example, when not coordinating against targets in battle and most people take no damage and one person is super overkilled. ;)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 2 :beerpal:

Quidthulhu (6): Kashuno, TMMadman, The Lord of Hats, Truth Quark, OMGVBFLOL, Gamerofthegame, GeneX, Truth Quark
Gamerofthegame (5): Anomalous Amalgam, Your Personal Muse, Slaan, Murmur Twin, SalTheBard
Max Peck (1): Tobbs Gnawed
Murmur Twin (1): chaoslord
TMMadman (0): CCKeane, CCKeane
The Lord of Hats (0): GeneX, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, GeneX
chaoslord (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
SalTheBard (0): Flying Leatherman, Gamerofthegame, Gamerofthegame, Flying Leatherman
Slaan (0): Gamerofthegame, Gamerofthegame

Not Voting (10): CCKeane, Flying Leatherman, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Max Peck, Moatillata, Monathin, Quidthulhu, Truth Quark :rubshands:

With 23 people still alive, it takes 12 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 06th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 20 hours.

:cheers: Rules updated to v5.2! :cheers:
Changelog:
v5.1 (03-JAN-2018): Updated Appendix C - clarified that "Ailments" refer to negative status effects. Thanks again, lonegoat!
v5.2 (03-JAN-2018): Updated Appendix C - clarified that the DEMORALIZED ailment itself cannot be healed through conventional means, but has no effect on other healing abilities used. Also clarified the WOUNDED/MAIMED ailments are only healed by healing HP. jesus christ i can't write rules apparently.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok folks, this could still change later, but consider this the healing assignments for now if you want to enter them into your sheets.

AA and Gene and IS heal Monathin
Sal heal Kash
Slaan heal Tobbs
FL heal TMM

I may also do some other stuff in the background to help out.

Please acknowledge this when you see it so I know it's handled.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Can people actually let their damage be known?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Can people actually let their damage be known?

Only in the ways they have so far. Using the example Pod posted in the rules OP and saying things like average, very poor, etc.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh wait, are you asking if people can talk about what they can do in battle damage wise?

Please don't do that currently.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If you've never been in a battle I don't want the enemy to know what to expect.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Ok folks, this could still change later, but consider this the healing assignments for now if you want to enter them into your sheets.

Sal heal Kash
Slaan heal Tobbs
FL heal TMM

Did and done, daddio

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I just want to say that having a cat who keeps putting himself between me and the screen does not make Mafia any easier.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kid was away for far longer than he plan, best laid plans...

Kid's glad to see Madman making such a swift case. Kid hadn't gotten around to figuring out his opinions on Quid before justice was realized. Figures he misses something like that.

Kid's put a couple small cases together in the meanwhile, but is sitting on them for the night. Plans to make them known sometime tomorrow, best not to clutter the camp with a such a clear, smoking gun.

Still feeling pretty strong on Gamer or Keane.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kid wouldn't mind going into battle tonight if he's topped off, but the demoralize is gonna hurt him a smidge.

Still, it's the Boss' call.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Moving on to AA. There's more here that I question than MMT.

I'm not a day 1 player. I'm a lower tier character that shines best mid to late game but not late game. Don't let it fall on me to save the day, and I'm not motivated enough to get out of bed for war at the beginning. Let me know when the blood starts flowing.

Feels bad, like a pre-emptive excuse for not being involved with the game early on (which is probably ironic that I'm the one making this point, given I wasn't that active D1 either, but takes one to know one, I guess).

I'm suss of GotG. Seems like flooding content to appear town. I need to drink more. Get less subjective eyes.

GotG ehhhh maybe town, I feel less bad about them.

Two AA posts later:

Out of the leaders, Gamer is my next choice because I still think they've given little to nothing of use to the thread while generating suspicion for themselves.

:crossarms:

P Mush legit looks bad, but I've been wrong about this type of thing before, most recently in Minifauxnen Mafia where I thought RF/NGO were scum and I bulldogged on what I thought was anti-town behavior. Don't want to repeat that, but P Mush legit looks bad.

However, I will say that I probably won't vote for P Mush for my previous given reasons in spite of thinking their play bad, I think it was just phone post skimming because of you know, other things. Which I'm guilty of myself.

I told you all PMush was probably town as their reasons were convincing. I get they probably dropped the ball with how they claimed, but that's all moot now anyhow...

These three posts feel to me like AA trying to distance himself from what he knew was going to be a misdunk after the ball had gotten rolling fast enough. Don't like it.

AA is second on my scum list right now behind Quid, pending whatever explanation we get there.

Taking a break and then going to read Slaan.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

Sal heal Kash

Done and done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Sal heal Kash
Slaan heal Tobbs
FL heal TMM

Acknowledged and done.

• Locked thread