Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Entropic posted:

At this point an actual religion based around Star Citizen would not surprise me

Lesnick wears a made up holy symbol from a fictional sect from wing commander around his meaty neck sooo

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

I'm on a space liner. I can only afford Eta class. I order a Croberts on the rocks. I get a Sex on the Moon, quality 40%

I complain to the space steward, who screeches at me and runs off. I hear more noises from the back of the space liner.

Finally after a 20 argument with xXWeedInSpaceXx I have recieved my correct +2 perception drink. Quality 80 but that's fine. Eta class after all.

There are 14 more hours of "actual time" remaining on this flight. I want to die.

Later, the pilot steers into an asteroid and the ship is stranded. Our distress signal is answered by people who just keep yelling fofofofofofo at us.

I love you.

"That's Commander xXWeedInSpaceXx!"

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fartbox posted:

I can't wait to log in and play as janitor on another players luxury space ship. If I play all night tonight and get the toilets real mighty shiny, I might even get that bonus that my boss SuperSaiyanWeed420 been hintin at

SuperSaiyanWeed420 says your bonus is back in the hold and when you go to get he opens the airlock and now is transporting a corpse.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Come to think of it haven't goons already played out 99% of the SC jack off fantasies in Eve? I mean they:

Let a newbie direct a corporation for fun, then he wound up being good at it.

Blew up the first megaship while hammered and bored.

Held a prolonged siege on the safe space part of the galaxy.

Mourned the unexpected death of a weird racist.

Cost other internet dorks a stupid amount of money in fake internet spaceships.

Razorwired fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 4, 2018

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

JB50 posted:

SuperSaiyanWeed420 says your bonus is back in the hold and when you go to get he opens the airlock and now is transporting a corpse.

My favorite bit about this weird fanfic was the presumption that the NPC anti-slaving space fed authorities would be both nuanced and still credulous enough to look at a cargo hold full of people recently deceased all with the same "sudden vacuum exposure" cause of death and say "yup, no slaving here but we will have to cite you for transporting corpses without a licence."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

My favorite bit about this weird fanfic was the presumption that the NPC anti-slaving space fed authorities would be both nuanced and still credulous enough to look at a cargo hold full of people recently deceased all with the same "sudden vacuum exposure" cause of death and say "yup, no slaving here but we will have to cite you for transporting corpses without a licence."

im a sovereign star citizen and i do not recognize the authority of this kal'isva (a creature similar to kangaroo, but in space) court, pig

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Captains Of Industry

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is there anyway short of just reading through the archived Eve thread that I can hear about the Goonfleet and its many adventures?. The idea that goons took on the mightiest non-goons in space and dumpstered them is so glee-inducing to me and i want to experience it anyway i can.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fartbox posted:

Will there be a whipping minigame so I can whip my slaves, played by other players

Will there be a rape minigame? Don't get me wrong here, rape is bad and all but lets be honest with ourselves here, we can't have realistic slavery without some rape right?

You might almost say it’s an inevitable consequence of piracy.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

im a sovereign star citizen and i do not recognize the authority of this kal'isva (a creature similar to kangaroo, but in space) court, pig

just carry an offical looking letter with the words DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY in giant letters.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bust Rodd posted:

Is there anyway short of just reading through the archived Eve thread that I can hear about the Goonfleet and its many adventures?. The idea that goons took on the mightiest non-goons in space and dumpstered them is so glee-inducing to me and i want to experience it anyway i can.

There is an actually well written history of player poo poo that went on in EVE that mostly ends with Goons causing mayhem.

http://empiresofeve.com

It's a good read but I played EVE so my brain may be warped.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The correct metaphor is you put a thing on layaway but it didn't exist.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The correct metaphor is you put a thing on layaway but it didn't exist and you knew it didn't exist and you knew they had zero obligation to actually provide it to you ever and also it's a company that has never even made that thing or anything similar before and also the product is not even actually possible to create.

ftfy

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

The guy asking is the sympathetic voice of reason in this story, yet he spent 200 dollars on an ethereal spaceship. I don't know who to root for.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Will this game make me happy? Will it make me forget my troubles?

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Fartbox posted:

Put down $2000 for a space yacht and turn up the bubbles in the space jacuzzi man*. No need to waste all that cash on therapy in the real world.

*neither are implemented in the game yet

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Icochet posted:

The guy asking is the sympathetic voice of reason in this story, yet he spent 200 dollars on an ethereal spaceship. I don't know who to root for.

I usually root for the poor sap over the smug rear end in a top hat

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"bought and used" lmao

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah lol, there is an extremely good chance that $200 ship isnt even in game yet. There was a chart that showed the relative sizes of the ships that had been sold at that point and as far as i know probably less than a quarter had even been rendered in game yet. Some were absolutely massive, probably bigger than the environments they've made playable so far and require a bigger crew than is even so far possible lmao.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

so it's not a pledge reward :smugdog:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fartbox posted:

Am you hollow like death nearly all your life?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Razorwired posted:

Blew up the first megaship while hammered and bored.

Actually that was BoB who did that, to the ASCN titan, technically :sun:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao. How do you use something that doesn't exist.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Away all Goats posted:

Severe mental illness.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Away all Goats posted:

When you think about it buying a ship is like buying forums swag, the ship doesn't exist and never will, but you are entitled to swing it as an online dick in the Star Citizen forums.

Or at least that's how SC chucklefucks use their game. If Croberts made a roleplaying IRC room they would be just as happy as if they actually got the game they paid for.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

I usually root for the poor sap over the smug rear end in a top hat

It might not be so simple. I see it more as guy who is dumb as hell vs. a guy with severe stockholm syndrome.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
After reading through this thread in its entirety, I can now conclude that Star Citizen sounds like a larger-scope, 3D Space Station 13 that somehow ends up being less fun-sounding than the decades-old farting spaceman game with obtuse controls.

Can I be a space-clown?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

ChickenHeart posted:

After reading through this thread in its entirety, I can now conclude that Star Citizen sounds like a larger-scope, 3D Space Station 13 that somehow ends up being less fun-sounding than the decades-old farting spaceman game with obtuse controls.

Can I be a space-clown?

No, that's nothing what Star Citizen is like. Star Citizen is a small buggy demo of an unremarkable space sim

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
i just cant wait to be the court stenographer in a star citizen courtroom for a living

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

ChickenHeart posted:

Can I be a space-clown?

man SS13 used to be so stupid fun but every time i've tried to install that lovely BYOND client on anything built in the last decade or so it hasn't worked right

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Stefan Prodan posted:

i just cant wait to be the court stenographer in a star citizen courtroom for a living

"Your Honor, I have numerous eyewitness accounts of the defendant, Ge0rg3_Mel0nZ_2000, wandering through the restricted private areas of the space-luxury-boat in order to interrupt the ship's patrons ERP sessions.

Why, the owner of the ship himself, xXThe_Reich_Guy459Xx, has video footage of the criminal using engine bugs to clip through the security bulkhead onto the bridge, where he then used an item-duping exploit to send millions of low-quality space-pies through the ship's cargo tubes directly into the nazi-domination orgy condo, killing dozens from the physics interactions freaking out.

In light of this damning evidence, I motion that we immediately end this trial and proceed to punish this lowlife with the help of the 'Stimpire Excessive Torture Fantasy Playset' that I bought last month for the sale price of 699.99 USD."

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
So when can I buy actual water naval vessels in my space sim?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Sotar posted:

So when can I buy actual water naval vessels in my space sim?

That will happen right after the water rights sale on the planet (only $299.99 for 10 square kilometers!). (Warning---These rights only raise the possibility of local space authorities coming to your rescued 50.000001% of the time).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Stefan Prodan posted:

If SS13 is any indication, it's a surprisingly entertaining job, just expect to be blown up regularly.

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

JB50 posted:

Somebody post the pic of the drink maker on the ship that they thought would be some sort of mini game someone would play.

Found it:

Apparently this has stolen graphics assets in it as well LOL.

Is there anything they won't steal? http://www.elkay.com/bottle-filling-stations

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, gameplay.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

food court bailiff posted:

man SS13 used to be so stupid fun but every time i've tried to install that lovely BYOND client on anything built in the last decade or so it hasn't worked right

Works fine it’s pretty much all I’ve been playing for the last 6 months.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A few months ago I decided to check out SS13 and there were plenty of people playing.

I wish it would get remade though tbh it's a bit too arcane. I can figure out dwarf fortress just fine but after several hours of trying to figure out what the gently caress I'm doing only to have some dude yell at me (so naturally I then make it my mission to just kill that dick) I still have no idea what's happening. I had fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ChickenHeart posted:

"Your Honor, I have numerous eyewitness accounts of the defendant, Ge0rg3_Mel0nZ_2000, wandering through the restricted private areas of the space-luxury-boat in order to interrupt the ship's patrons ERP sessions.

Why, the owner of the ship himself, xXThe_Reich_Guy459Xx, has video footage of the criminal using engine bugs to clip through the security bulkhead onto the bridge, where he then used an item-duping exploit to send millions of low-quality space-pies through the ship's cargo tubes directly into the nazi-domination orgy condo, killing dozens from the physics interactions freaking out.

In light of this damning evidence, I motion that we immediately end this trial and proceed to punish this lowlife with the help of the 'Stimpire Excessive Torture Fantasy Playset' that I bought last month for the sale price of 699.99 USD."

What do you have to say in your defense?

Honk *sprays Clownitius laced water in the faces of all present*