Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatillata posted:

We jacked up those texans, probably gonna need to reread peck

Kid's been peaking at the other camp, sounds like those who got away alive just barely limped off the battlefield. One of their supposed strongest just barely got away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Full health here.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kid notes something weird, worth a bit of examination:

Anyone off battle check whether they're all mucked up or not. Camp doesn't have a night ambush reported yet.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Monathin posted:

Anyone off battle check whether they're all mucked up or not. Camp doesn't have a night ambush reported yet.

I'm in perfect condition.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

That cad Xad is a sad fad, unlike that rad lad named Mad.

This is what I did but I am really hurt and poisoned.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Monathin posted:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I had a day action blocked D1

Some quick questions -

(a) did you allude to the fact that you had an action d1? why do you think you were targetted with a RB d1?
(b) was it a shine ability? did you lose a shine when you were blocked?
(c) why did you wait until now to share that you had an action fail on d1?

This whole "my day action was RB'ed" thing sounds really fishy to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oh also I'm fully healthy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh, and sorry anyone thought you were scummy Keane, good job last night!

:zpatriot: :mexico: :cheers:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Some quick questions -

(a) did you allude to the fact that you had an action d1? why do you think you were targetted with a RB d1?

Didn't say anything because revealing it gives info. Also I share it because AA claims to have been blocked.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Didn't say anything because revealing it gives info. Also I share it because AA claims to have been blocked.

So whoever RB'ed you d1 just randomly guessed that you might have a day action and got lucky?

Also, can you confirm that getting day action RB'ed makes you use up a shine (if it was a shine ability)?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Some quick questions -

These seem both disingenuous and rolefishy.

A) I don't think he alluded about a day action D1, but you know he made himself a target of activity with his role claim in the first place, so it's just a quick jump to assume scum would be willing to risk he had a day action. Or even that some town was worried he was scum and blocked him.
B) I feel like this is a little rolefishy and the second part is answered in the rules
C) Why do you think he needed to share that he was blocked? If I got blocked on D1, I doubt I would say anything about it on D2 unless I needed to as a defense of some action.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Just for future reference, if AA flips scum (thus having likely been lying about the RB) I think Tobbs flies up my suspect list.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Just for future reference, if AA flips scum (thus having likely been lying about the RB) I think Tobbs flies up my suspect list.

That's fine with me.

Provided OMG isn't scum, he confirmed my battle action, as did tithin on the Texan side.

I pushed Quid and Max Peck, especially notable given Peck was never a vote leader.

If someone throws shade on another player for claiming a result that I've myself gotten (day action failed) I'll back them up on it being a possibility.

Also, players in the Texas thread have claimed Day action failure.

I'm neutral on AA, but when I see players like yourself pushing contrived cases, I'll stand up for your target if I can back up their claims.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

These seem both disingenuous and rolefishy.

A) I don't think he alluded about a day action D1, but you know he made himself a target of activity with his role claim in the first place, so it's just a quick jump to assume scum would be willing to risk he had a day action. Or even that some town was worried he was scum and blocked him.
B) I feel like this is a little rolefishy and the second part is answered in the rules
C) Why do you think he needed to share that he was blocked? If I got blocked on D1, I doubt I would say anything about it on D2 unless I needed to as a defense of some action.

Hahaha I had forgotten about his role claim :350: But even so that makes it less likely that a scum RBer would try and block a day action from a claimed tank. I haven't done a dedicated read on Tobbs yet because to this point I've thought he was town all game - my questions are just stuff I'm thinking of while I'm trying to process if he's lying or not. I've specifically not asked him to claim his role or ability in the event that he's town, I'm simply trying to see if I can catch him in a lie or not.

But my point still stands - I think AA is lying about the RB and it's suspicious to me that Tobbs doesn't mention anything at all about it until it comes time to corroborate what AA is saying.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm neutral on AA, but when I see players like yourself pushing contrived cases, I'll stand up for your target if I can back up their claims.

on a scale of 1-10, how contrived are my reads and how contrived are AA's?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I feel it's more likely town thought I'd try shenanigans and blocked me.

Just for the record I don't buy the existence of a town day-action roleblocker, like at all.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I need to sleep so I'm shutting the laptop and forcing myself not to think about this game. I'll answer any questions people might have for me tomorrow.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Who do you think might have done the block? Any suspects?

Are you serious with this post? When my action failed I didn't give a second thought towards who may have done it. Scum, probably?

AA gave the best answer to this question (scum, or town who thought he was scum) but this is your follow-up?

It seems to me that you're just trying to confuse your target, or have another reason to press them for not answering your question.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

Hahaha I had forgotten about his role claim :350: But even so that makes it less likely that a scum RBer would try and block a day action from a claimed tank. I haven't done a dedicated read on Tobbs yet because to this point I've thought he was town all game - my questions are just stuff I'm thinking of while I'm trying to process if he's lying or not. I've specifically not asked him to claim his role or ability in the event that he's town, I'm simply trying to see if I can catch him in a lie or not.

But my point still stands - I think AA is lying about the RB and it's suspicious to me that Tobbs doesn't mention anything at all about it until it comes time to corroborate what AA is saying.

Lol two players in a 25 player thread of a 50 player soldiers game. I have a full rpg style character sheet.

I don't think it's unrealistic in this massive role heavy game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

So whoever RB'ed you d1 just randomly guessed that you might have a day action and got lucky?

Also, can you confirm that getting day action RB'ed makes you use up a shine (if it was a shine ability)?

...isn't this how basically every D1 roleblock goes?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Are you serious with this post? When my action failed I didn't give a second thought towards who may have done it. Scum, probably?

AA gave the best answer to this question (scum, or town who thought he was scum) but this is your follow-up?

It seems to me that you're just trying to confuse your target, or have another reason to press them for not answering your question.

Oooh I'm trying so hard not to get irritated here.

I asked that question to see if AA is putting any thought at all into the things that are happening in this game or to see if he's making them up on the spot.

How the gently caress do you have a neutral read on AA? Can you go over his cases and explain to me how you think how you think he's posting like someone trying to find a scumteam?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

chaoslord posted:

...isn't this how basically every D1 roleblock goes?

In three years of playing Mafia I've never seen a D1 roleblock, I've only seen N1 roleblocks.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

OK heading out for real this time.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FWIW, I think this particular line of discussion is not great, for today.

I don't know everything, but let me say since our healers operate during the day, instead of the night. It makes sense that so would role blockers.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

In three years of playing Mafia I've never seen a D1 roleblock, I've only seen N1 roleblocks.

Fair enough.

My point, which could have been more clearly stated, was that you seem to be doubting that he got RB'd because you asked "So whoever RB'ed you d1 just randomly guessed that you might have a day action and got lucky?", implying it was unlikely that he just happened to get RB'd.

Any roleblock, be it D1 or N1, that occurs before the start of D2, is basically luck, so to act like that is a deal breaker is weird.

The doubting, specifically, of a D1 block existing is a valid point, but I'm not sure I'm going to rule it out in a game full of Day and Twilight actions.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't want to poo poo your cases against each other/etc. Not saying I have an opinion on any of that. Just focus on something that isn't claimed role blocks at this point. Unless we get into a situation where more than one person is claiming it on the same day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, one thing I'd like to encourage is going back and looking at interactions with or from our flipped scum.

We have two now.

This should make it pretty easy to do some traditional mafia now. Get to it. :)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
In response to my case on Max Peck:

Murmur Twin posted:

Haha I've had a town impression on Peck all game until I just re-read him. I agree with all of this.

So you agree that Max Peck is scum.

Max Peck posted:

We already have too many Maxes, though.

Murmur Twin posted:

Uh-oh, there's a -2 HP penalty for trying to min-Max.

Subsequently you have some friendly banter!

In fact, almost all interactions between Max Peck and MMT are banter. Max Peck quotes a lot of MMT's posts and...MMT almost never responds. It's striking given that Max Peck has so few posts, and I think he's looking up to a more experienced scum player.

MMT ignores most of Max Peck's discussion in thread because they're scum together. My observations regarding Quid and MMT still stand.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Bye bye scum MMT.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

I don't want to poo poo your cases against each other/etc. Not saying I have an opinion on any of that. Just focus on something that isn't claimed role blocks at this point. Unless we get into a situation where more than one person is claiming it on the same day.

Eh, I think her line of questioning is weird, as my last post elaborated on. Agree with Madman up-page as well. I think it's worth scrutiny. But I'll move on.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Fuckin a I remembered this and then couldn’t sleep so I took out my phone to post it. No quotes but I encourage people to look it up themselves.

AA said in his big Tmm case that he suspected the scumteam was TMM, Moat, and someone else (OMG?).
Recently he said he’s “still suspicious of Moat” despite the new information to him that TMM is town.

Has Aa explained why he’s suspicious of Moat? Also he cased Slaan earlier, whatever happened there?

I hate /love this game

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kashuno posted:

I think there is scum somewhere in Keane/MMT/TMM

Kid wants to ask Kash if they still think this is true. Kid's been mulling it over.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Monathin posted:

Kid wants to ask Kash if they still think this is true. Kid's been mulling it over.

No I do not

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think everyone has checked in, but just a reminder for those who haven't to check your character sheet at the start of every day even if you weren't in battle.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
hey, it's late so i probably won't be back till tomorrow but it looks like i probably got smacked with the nightkill judging from past descriptions

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Flying Leatherman posted:

hey, it's late so i probably won't be back till tomorrow but it looks like i probably got smacked with the nightkill judging from past descriptions

Kid wants to know how you're holdin' up, Leatherman. Be as specific as you're allowed to be.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kashuno posted:

No I do not

Kid doesn't really think so, neither. Kid thought Keane much more shady than Murmur, and with Keane revealed to be in favor of the camp, Kid's thinking both Murmur and Madman come out looking fine, even if he don't agree with Murmur's cases entirely.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Moatillata posted:

Sure it was based on your early quid push absent any other momentum which I believe was you burying your vote in a scummate for town cred.

Your Slaan case was really weak, and you vote quidnose in this fashion after some back and forth:

You knew he wasn't gonna be the lynch at that time and it was a good way to muddy future waters.

Then when it comes to D1 lynch king b asks for consolidation and you vote slaan and then push a case that slaan is scum because they aren't voting for pmush

(ignoring the section about Tobbs)

I legit think Slaan is scum trying to shift the vote away from PMush.

Which is so weird because this would mean that you thought both slaan and pmush were scum but you still voted slaan for pushing the vote off their scummate pmush?

Makes no sense to me

You end the day saying you will vote pmush or slaan but never gamer and never actually vote pmush

I think you're scum my man

##vote TQ

Also:

:drat:

We jacked up those texans, probably gonna need to reread peck
[/quote]

Lmao your case is that I pushed Slaan during the PMush vote and never voted her when the lynch happened hours before deadline. I made it abundantly clear that I was willing to vote PMush but the lynch happened while I was gone. Did you also miss the part where KB asked for consolidation on Gamer, PMush, or Slaan? Why are trying to pretend me casing him is suddenly scummy? Not to mention I cases him wayyyyy before any kind of consolidation was requested.

This case is bad feels like you put it together just now because I called you out on it. Did you role scum Moat?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote because the quote somehow got hosed up but you get the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Wow I hosed that post up, guess it's what happens when you phone post on a plane.

• Locked thread