Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
How about where they all run out of the meeting room and into positions for the camera to sweep over them, Ed to grab a gun, and run back to an empty meeting room?

The show rules, but that shot stunk, and I need to relive it in an infinite loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I would like to see Mercer's hand getting stabbed by the football and then Bortus and Clyden cheer, and Isaac taking a kids video game and throwing it in the air and disintegrating it.

The disintegrating video game was the funniest moment in the whole season for me.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'd like one of Bortus saying "I will not fail you."

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

How about the leg falling out of the ceiling and their reaction?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The disintegrating video game was the funniest moment in the whole season for me.

"Regardless, it is crushed" for me

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's a tough call but I think I have to go with I WILL NOT FAIL YOU, CAPTAIN as my favorite.

Maybe the ceiling leg.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm a fan of the understated and dry so everything Bortus touches and a lot of Isaac is gold to me. If Marc Evan Jackson (not to be confused with Mark "Isaac" Jackson) appeared on this show I may just go to heaven.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Caphi posted:

I'm a fan of the understated and dry so everything Bortus touches and a lot of Isaac is gold to me. If Marc Evan Jackson (not to be confused with Mark "Isaac" Jackson) appeared on this show I may just go to heaven.

Which planet would he be from?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Which planet would he be from?

My vote's for G'loot Praktaw.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I still say they need to have Bortus' parents show up played by Michael Dorn and Christopher Judge.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

"Can we have soda on the bridge?" is the line that cracks me up the most.

Favorite gag? Fire suppression panel.

Overall Bortus is the funniest though.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Caphi posted:

My vote's for G'loot Praktaw.

It's called Mars.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kurieg posted:

I still say they need to have Bortus' parents show up played by Michael Dorn and Christopher Judge.

We are very proud of you Son.
Indeed.
Indeed.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

We are very proud of you Son.
Indeed.
Indeed.

We deserve this.

Somebody betta @ Seth right now.

edit/update: I'll get on this gifs later today.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Kurieg posted:

:same:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Kurieg posted:

I would loving die holy poo poo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

"Can we have soda on the bridge?" is the line that cracks me up the most.

Favorite gag? Fire suppression panel.

Overall Bortus is the funniest though.

Fire suppression panel was good, but soy sauce damage report just slayed me

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Koalas March posted:

We deserve this.

Of all the jokes from that episode Teal'c PI is the one that I wish was real the most.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Koalas March posted:

We deserve this.

I just imagine them having an endless circle of Indeeds until Ed tries to get in on it and the 4 of them glare at him.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Redlettermedia's Orville Review (It's called Star Trek Discovery review but it's mostly Orville discussion as contrast).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpHbLewg79c

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Thom12255 posted:

Redlettermedia's Orville Review (It's called Star Trek Discovery review but it's mostly Orville discussion as contrast).

What's the gist? Why does everything have to be a video that takes forever instead of a nice fast article to read.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Taear posted:

What's the gist? Why does everything have to be a video that takes forever instead of a nice fast article to read.

I assume it's because people are illiterate.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Poor old mike can't enjoy Orville because he recognises very obvious new twists on classic scifi plots. Rich is correct in this video.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Thom12255 posted:

You know, my roommate watches RLM all the time, and this is the first time I've watched anything from them. These guys combined have less charisma than a rotting kumquat. Is this like what all of the videos are like?

This is hard to listen to, it's like lurking on a conversation happening between two neckbeards in the back of a comic book shop.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Azhais posted:

You know, my roommate watches RLM all the time, and this is the first time I've watched anything from them. These guys combined have less charisma than a rotting kumquat. Is this like what all of the videos are like?

This is hard to listen to, it's like lurking on a conversation happening between two neckbeards in the back of a comic book shop.

They became famous because of the guy on the left's character Mr. Plinkett who did reviews of the Star Wars and Star Trek movies. That probably takes too much time to do, so they had someone else play Mr. Plinkett and he and another guy started playing their own characters of VCR repair men. They would do some lame skit about repairing VCRs and then start talking about whatever movie just came out. Then they abandoned the entire premise and the guy who played plinkett also started joining in to start talking about movies. Now they just do this black screen "let's talk about the latest thing" videos. If you sort of like something but you have some issues with it, their review of it is usually a decent background watch. If you really liked something, not so much, because they just poo poo on everything taking the cheapest shots possible. Every once in a while they make a good point, but it's surrounded by lame poo poo.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Azhais posted:

Usually they don't let those two talk about Trek because it turns into this. They usually do entertaining movie reviews, not nostalgic old man trek grumblings.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I mean his points were all well put, it's just the leap from "I recognize these plot elements" to "I can not enjoy this" is dumb. Orville subverts and twists when it borrows, even if the "everything works out in the end" tenant of startrek is followed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
RLM is only slightly better than CinemaSins because they put some effort into the vids. It's the same kind of nitpicky criticism so many nerds love these days. So Mr Plinkett is gone, so "jokes" about torturing and killing women aren't in the videos anymore?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dietrich posted:

I mean his points were all well put, it's just the leap from "I recognize these plot elements" to "I can not enjoy this" is dumb. Orville subverts and twists when it borrows, even if the "everything works out in the end" tenant of startrek is followed.

People let their own sperginess ruin things for them.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well he watched the first five episodes it sounds like, before they toned down the jokes

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Dietrich posted:

Especially since they keep pointing out how the shows would cannibalize those same plots from each other and themselves.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Azhais posted:

no one with any sense likes anything but the plinkett reviews on that channel. they're terrible and it's genuinely amazing that they are the ones who did plinkett in the first place

(disclaimer: plinkett is a horribly misogynistic character but it's still leagues better than their current content)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They have the ability to make great commentary on movies and TV shows, as shown in the non creepy bits of Plinkett reviews. I think this just shows that their abilities do not translate to off the cuff conversations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dietrich posted:

His main problem with The Orville sounded more like the more forced comedy elements, which I can 100% get behind. He cited the derivative nature of the show, but seemed far more put off by the humour.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

RLM is one of those things you watch when you're drunk and can't decide what to watch.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

RLM is one of those things you watch when you're drunk and can't decide what to watch.

nah that's Good Mythical Morning.

RLM is garbage, don't give them views.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Mike is wrong. Rich is correct.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

They're one of the few internet things I bother giving money to their patreon for, just love those grumpy ol' wisconsin nerds. They watch movies and tell me they are bad so I never need to see a movie ever again, a big money saver.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Koalas March posted:

nah that's Good Mythical Morning.

RLM is garbage, don't give them views.

Congrats on your first bad take

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Polaron posted:

It's called Mars.

To bring it back to Orville, the Union in that series had all of the First Officer / Captains be married Husband / Wive duos...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I saw an interesting video that compared various FTL speeds across a couple different franchises (Star Wars, Star Trek, Halo, etc.). Just curious if anyone remembers any details that might give an indication to the speed of the quantum drive? I think in the episode where Claire and Isaac go through that rift they say a distance, but can't remember if they gave how long it would take to get home.