Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently Gus Bradley has interest in coming back to Seattle. He's one of our better defensive coordinators that we've had. But we haven't fired Kris Richard sooo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'd much rather risk promoting a talented guy too early than hire an established mediocrity

:yeah:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'd much rather risk promoting a talented guy too early than hire an established mediocrity

"Too many retreads! Too many retreads!"

*team hires relatively young up-and-comer*

"lol bears"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I mean, weren't most of us laughing at the Rams when they hired McVay?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Bengals have made it official:

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/950502415287144448

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Godspeed Teryl, that 2014 defense still makes me happy. Shame on John Harbaugh for not hiring him first.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seriously, at this point teams need to hire young guys that have a fresh take then rolling out another Jeff Fisher.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

That's gotta mean Patricia is coming to Detroit. But who does he bring as the new DC?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Good luck Teryl, you were/are cool

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

Apparently Gus Bradley has interest in coming back to Seattle. He's one of our better defensive coordinators that we've had. But we haven't fired Kris Richard sooo...

No no no no NO NO NO

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

No no no no NO NO NO

He was only on a 1 year contract with SD. You should have signed him for longer!!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Seriously, at this point teams need to hire young guys that have a fresh take then rolling out another Jeff Fisher.
I think at some point you have to wonder if a guy with one year as sole OC and about 6 weeks of actual playcalling duties is ready yet.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

He was only on a 1 year contract with SD. You should have signed him for longer!!

The front office stopped taking my calls :(

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/950459686041550849

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

this is technically tampering lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GeneX posted:

this is technically tampering lmao

https://twitter.com/MarkWWellner/status/950487654671544321

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

"What? No, no, noooooo no way. Nope, we haven't been talking to him at all. Noooo siirrrrrrrrr. *whistles innocently* "

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

LiquidFriend posted:

I think at some point you have to wonder if a guy with one year as sole OC and about 6 weeks of actual playcalling duties is ready yet.

Yep, we saw how that backfired this year when "retread' OC Bill Musgrave and his #5 offense was jettisoned for young Todd Downing who proved to be nowhere near ready to be OC. But you know, TFF.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yes TFF is wrong sometimes.
unlike Warcrimes who has never been wrong.

Also I would hope you know one data point doesn't prove anything but you know, warcrimes.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 9, 2018

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Hizawk posted:

That's gotta mean Patricia is coming to Detroit. But who does he bring as the new DC?

Mike Vrabel?

Patriotpalooza, it would seem. Bob Quinn is Hollywood Hogan and is getting the gang back together. I hope they hire Willie McGinest to coach up the LBs, too.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It looks like Brad Childress is retiring.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

It looks like Brad Childress is retiring.

I have no real clue what he did the last few years for the Chiefs, but I guess it didn't hurt much at least?

e: Oh, uh...I guess have a good time golfing or whatever it is you like to do Childress.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 9, 2018

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Grittybeard posted:

I have no real clue what he did the last few years for the Chiefs, but I guess it didn't hurt much at least?

e: Oh, uh...I guess have a good time golfing or whatever it is you like to do Childress.

Molesting children.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hizawk posted:

Molesting children.

http://youtu.be/bVC58wPsZZQ?t=15s

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Shangri-Law School posted:

Godspeed Teryl, that 2014 defense still makes me happy. Shame on John Harbaugh for not hiring him first.

Yup. Harbaugh is on the record about bringing in a new DC who is familiar with the current system so even if they hire someone good we're going to be pretty hosed by Autin's knowledge of our defense.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It would've been funny if we ganked Cincy's DC, and the guy they tried to replace him with. Oh well. I'm cool with the DC. It's the offensive staff I'm not happy about.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yup. Harbaugh is on the record about bringing in a new DC who is familiar with the current system so even if they hire someone good we're going to be pretty hosed by Autin's knowledge of our defense.

That didn't save Detroit this year, and Cincinnati has given Baltimore frequent problems under Marvin Lewis. Austin isn't a bad coordinator, but it's not like he's some unstoppable force that will drastically alter the dynamics between the two teams.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wilks likely frontrunner for the Giants gig.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/950732740256849921

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Any news/rumors on the Colts?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Colostomy Bag posted:

They bad.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jim Irsay is going to end up coaching the Colts

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I wull be surprised if Matt Patarica doesn't take the Lions job. I am a Lions fan, but I think objectively the Lions are the best coaching job out there. You got a franchise QB locked up for years and the GM seems competent.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colostomy Bag posted:

They aren't publicly disclosing interviews, but everyone close to the team think McDaniels is the guy.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Colostomy Bag posted:

I have no idea how legit this person is but

https://mobile.twitter.com/thekapman/status/950703557497507840?s=09

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Imagine turning down Andrew luck for Mitchell trubisky

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Matt Stafford, Franchise Quarterback

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Luck's career is over and NFL insiders know it

e: Theoretically (setting aside their hopelessly broken front office for this exercise) the Browns have a clearer path to respectability than the Colts do. The Browns already have a respectable defense (Myles Garrett :swoon:), their offense was the worst ever for obvious reasons. A real coach and a real-ish QB could have the Browns at 6-10 next year (noting that unlike the Colts, they play in a real NFL division). Whereas the Colts are just terrible on both sides of the ball and it's going to take a couple years of solid drafting/development to fix that.

DVOA has the Browns 32nd on offense, 16th on defense
Versus 29th and 27th for the Colts

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 9, 2018

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Eric the Mauve posted:

Luck's career is over and NFL insiders know it

yuuuuuuup

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

Matt Stafford, Franchise Quarterback

I mean, he is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eric the Mauve posted:

(noting that unlike the Colts, they play in a real NFL division).
*adjusts glasses* Uh excuse me sir, the AFC North only sent one team to the playoffs and while the AFC South sent two teams; both of which won their first game in the playoffs.

• Locked thread