Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
peramene is claiming she spent battle casting "Impetuousness" on me and maybe a few others, a buff that would've done nuthin' to help our immediate combat effectiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Prince of Space posted:

peramene is claiming she spent battle casting "Impetuousness" on me and maybe a few others, a buff that would've done nuthin' to help our immediate combat effectiveness.

YES IT DOES
IT APPLIES IMMEDIATELY
DURING THAT BATTLE

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I haven’t seen anything to change my vote atm.

Have we landed on there being a contradiction between PoS and pera? Dpesite the apparent clarifications Pos doesn’t seem to have acknowledged pera’s Buff in battle phase

Uggggh let's please stop this, he did say he got an impetuous status at the end of the battle which was unrelated to his own abilities. If it showed up on the sheet at the end of battle, presumably it happened in battle phase. He is driving me fuckin batty over this.

If that was pera's buff, it doesn't prove she's 100% town. And on the flip side, if you think pera's scum, you should have plenty of reasons to think so besides relying on some Night Action Bingo that people might not even be reading remotely correctly.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

curiousCat posted:

YES IT DOES
IT APPLIES IMMEDIATELY
DURING THAT BATTLE

OKAY THEN, so when my sheet says, under Battle Results: "Success! You are Impetuous!" and then further down it says "Impetuous wears off at the end of this (next) battle." ...

That means that I've dun been buffed by an ally that turn, and it has nothing ta do with other kinds of battle mechanics.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Then the only possible culprit left by my score is Venom Soag.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

IT.
LASTS.
A.
FULL.
DAY.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Prince of Space posted:

Then the only possible culprit left by my score is Venom Soag.

NO HE'S NOT FEJGFBVASEFGAEFOGH

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Flerp's prodding of dunk nerds was great and drink nerds' response of 'woe is me' is held scummy. Hang drunk nerds

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Bifauxnen posted:

Uggggh let's please stop this, he did say he got an impetuous status at the end of the battle which was unrelated to his own abilities. If it showed up on the sheet at the end of battle, presumably it happened in battle phase. He is driving me fuckin batty over this.

If that was pera's buff, it doesn't prove she's 100% town. And on the flip side, if you think pera's scum, you should have plenty of reasons to think so besides relying on some Night Action Bingo that people might not even be reading remotely correctly.

Ofc she isn’t cleared, but it makes me inclined to believe that she didn’t atta k her party during battle phase.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

bif they're not listening to me I'm gonna go scream into a pillow for a bit

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

curiousCat posted:

bif they're not listening to me I'm gonna go scream into a pillow for a bit

I'm listening. :unsmith:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

curiousCat posted:

NO HE'S NOT FEJGFBVASEFGAEFOGH

Okay, I'm gonna try and run this past y'all one last time, fer my own records and yours:

Preliminary Phase, Night 2, Front Row:
CuriousCat - claims she buffed herself and received a second and a third buff
peramene - claims she didn't buff others
Prince of Space - claims he buffed his row and received a second buff
Xad - used OPG ability to get in battle

Preliminary Phase, Night 2, Back Row:
Venom Soag - unknown
Tithin - unknown
The Ninth Layer - unknown

Battle Phase, Night 2, Front Row:
CuriousCat - claims she used an "indirect" means of combating enemy
peramene - claims she buffed others
Prince of Space - claims he attacked and killed CCKeane, received a third, day-long buff
Xad - volunteered to attack enemy's back row

Battle Phase, Night 2, Back Row:
Venom Soag - claims he targeted Max Pack but was stunned
Tithin - likely spread out ranged damage across the enemy's front row
The Ninth Layer - volunteered to shoot CCKeane

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Promised I'd look at SSV early this morning.

My apologies Anidav, I'm starting this post at 9:30 in the evening instead of 9pm like I promised. Clearly I have had an extra half hour to scum it out with my scumbros in the scum chat.

So let's have a look starting from D3 because this is where we get the majority of SSV content:

SirSamVimes posted:

I feel like Gaspy has to be scum if he's the only survivor of the backrow.

SirSamVimes posted:

There was definitely at least one scum player in the battle and scum in the front row wouldn't even be able to target the back row.

SirSamVimes posted:

I mean if I'm making this easier for scum, then you should be thankful.

##vote venom soag

So this is straight after the battle. SSV correctly notes how the rules play out and uses Occam's razor to claim that Gaspy must be scum.

This is absent the context of Gaspy's posting which feels town to me and has done for a while now and additionally just seems to completely fail to consider that scum might have any sort of ability to defy the basic rulings of the game. What this feels to me is an attempt to get the ball rolling on Gaspy quickly so that there might be something to come back to later if we reach a stalemate. Moreso, the absence of caveats on the basic rules seems like it's intended to try and encourage people not to consider other possibilities.

I don't like this sequence at all and people rightly pointed it out as weird at the time.

So the heat keeps on until:

SirSamVimes posted:

this fullclaim won't save me, I'm expendable as gently caress

I'm a lowly Private ranked Shiner with a background in wrangling. My health is pretty much as average as it can get.

I can expend a Shine to significantly reduce damage I take in a battle as a preliminary action.

I have three battle attacks. I can deal minor damage and negate a target's melee attacks, deal minor damage and have a significant chance of stunning the target, or deal damage to attackers with a minor chance of negating attacks against me. I can also evade all attacks as a OPG battle action.

I have a couple Shine and a very small stam buff item and very small heal item.

SirSamVimes posted:

oh ability names.

Winning Smile is the shine-based prelim action. I'm too cute to hurt. Shocking Shapeshifting is the melee negating attack. Your Mother Is Very Disappointed In You is the stun. You Wouldn't Hit A Face Like This is the damage-negating/counterattack move.

Indomitable Will is the OPG

Pretty sure I got it from investing heavily in Spirit

SSV is right in that there's very little here that's meaningful. Flavour names associated with the abilities I could see just as easily as scum or town abilities. It feels like a hail Mary play to get people away and onto someone else.

Honestly, with the lurking D1 and D2 and with the posting D3, I'll ##vote SirSamVimes for now and consider the other vote leaders in a bit after my dinner.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Space, I happened to have been made immune from new ailments. The language - which, by the way, I think we're not supposed to be discussing? Made it appear as if I took an action to make that happen, but I didn't.

Spaces arguments are full of holes that he keeps being told and he keeps looking for more ways to find a way to implicate me based on a loving ridiculous series of assumptions.

I don't know whether that means he just skimmed the abilities in his scumdoc and then blew his play or if he's just being so loving obtuse he doesn't understand what literally The Thread has been trying to get across.

I'm honestly at a loss here as to how this even happens, space. Scum or town, this is a terrible drum to insist on banging. You've already blown cover on an important detail, you've already pressed me to give you more when bif loving outright told cat to keep her suspicions to herself for the time being, and now this rapid descent into madness sheer???

Take a step the gently caress back, especially if you're town.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I can't believe buff chat is still going on. It is clearly important this close to deadline.

I can't imagine any scum team not telling Prince to stop by this point, and I don't see a new player using this as a gambit, so I'm currently placing this as (clueless) town behavior. But mostly I just want it to stop.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

busb posted:

Flerp's prodding of dunk nerds was great and drink nerds' response of 'woe is me' is held scummy. Hang drunk nerds

yes plz

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Less than 3 hours to go. We need to make a decision here, and I will hammer.

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 3 :beerpal:

Mithross (4): curiousCat, SLASHER HAWKE, Jeabus Mahogany, iajanus
SirSamVimes (3): Little Mac, Prince of Space, Venom Soag, Prince of Space, Mithross, Little Mac, Natural 20
peramene (3): Venom Soag, Venom Soag, Retro Futurist, Venom Soag, Venom Soag, Prince of Space, tpink
Drunk Nerds (2): busb, flerp
Prince of Space (1): peramene
Natural 20 (1): Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Anidav
tpink (1): Drunk Nerds
SLASHER HAWKE (0): Drunk Nerds, Drunk Nerds
Venom Soag (0): busb, Drunk Nerds, Prince of Space, Drunk Nerds, busb, SirSamVimes, Prince of Space, SirSamVimes

Not Voting (5): Atomic Soda, Bifauxnen, Little Mac, SirSamVimes, Tired Moritz :rubshands:

With 20 people still alive, it takes 11 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 09th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 53 minutes.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

peramene posted:

The language - which, by the way, I think we're not supposed to be discussing? Made it appear as if I took an action to make that happen, but I didn't.

Yep, I was specifically tryin' to OMIT the bit that you just mentioned.

peramene posted:

Spaces arguments are full of holes that he keeps being told and he keeps looking for more ways to find a way to implicate me based on a loving ridiculous series of assumptions.

The most ridiculous assumption I've had to make to assume that Venom Soag was innocent in last night's deaths.

peramene posted:

I don't know whether that means he just skimmed the abilities in his scumdoc and then blew his play or if he's just being so loving obtuse he doesn't understand what literally The Thread has been trying to get across.
I believed you when you said you buffed people in battle. I just didn't know what that buff was supposed to be or look like. My mistake.

peramene posted:

I'm honestly at a loss here as to how this even happens, space. Scum or town, this is a terrible drum to insist on banging.

I ain't been bangin' on the peramene drum much, actually. I've just been tryin' ta get you and CuriousCat to work together with me on figuring out the mysteries of last night's battle.

peramene posted:

Take a step the gently caress back, especially if you're town.

Can do.
##unvote

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

fine with mith, ssv, drunk lynches today

pera move your vote off that useless lynch
you too anidav

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Prince of Space posted:

I ain't been bangin' on the peramene drum much, actually. I've just been tryin' ta get you and CuriousCat to work together with me on figuring out the mysteries of last night's battle.

how about instead we try to figure out what's happening in the thread

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

curiousCat posted:

fine with mith, ssv, drunk lynches today

:same:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

Peramene

My gut says town on her. I questioned her quality of posting and she was happy enough to admit it herself. I think a scum pera would actually be more likely to come back at me hard on that accusation.

She's currently also claiming to have dropped a buff on front row.

It's reasonable that this could have been buffing scum buddies, but unless Pera's character is garbage, the buff is a literally double damage buff or all three of the front row are scum, it's unlikely that a scum player would have made that move.

I feel like if there's confirmation that the buff hit, I'm leaning town.

My thoughts on Pera haven't really changed. She's seemed more like her usual self today even with (because of?) the rageposting at Space. I think she's town and I wouldn't vote for her.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

My thoughts on Pera haven't really changed. She's seemed more like her usual self today even with (because of?) the rageposting at Space. I think she's town and I wouldn't vote for her.

Like I'd quote it all, but I'm afraid reposting buff chat will legitimately give someone an aneurysm.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
:murder: drunk nerds imho

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Natural 20 posted:

Like I'd quote it all, but I'm afraid reposting buff chat will legitimately give someone an aneurysm.

No buff chat.

Also tpink is still scummy af

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mithross posted:

I can't believe buff chat is still going on. It is clearly important this close to deadline.

I can't imagine any scum team not telling Prince to stop by this point, and I don't see a new player using this as a gambit, so I'm currently placing this as (clueless) town behavior. But mostly I just want it to stop.

I have very much been giving Prince the benefit of the doubt because I understand he's new but I do just get the same earnest new town player vibe from him. I don't think he's scum. For one, he's posting way too much for that to be the case - maybe I'm projecting, but in my first few scum games, I was worried about slipping and definitely did not have anywhere near a top-5 posts count. That, and the flavor he's using (or whatever you want to call it) also attracts a lot of attention. So I just don't read any of that as scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Venom Soag posted:

No buff chat.

:bigtran:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Dunk SSV IMHO. Keeps attempting to stay above the water but not walk on water. Not lurker enough to get killed by rules and not Mafia jesus enough to be killed by suspicious middle townies. Room temperature player.

##vote SSV

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Natural 20 posted:

pera's ragepost moved her into a lower position in the nebulous cloud of suspicion for me too. It felt like pera getting frustrated and reverting to form, and made me feel better about her otherwise different posting style.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

For the record, peramene’s response to the buff chat still reads as forced and overly belaboured, violating maxims right left and centre, but I’ve also lost a little suspicion on her since finding out prince of spates is completely full of poo poo.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb and flerp, I appreciate your casework on Drunk Nerds, but I think we need to consolidate votes more now. Don't worry, I assure you your votes on him will not be forgotten.

...at least not by me. :v:

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Also I thought her KB/clever scum case was really good and highlighted a bunch of fears I have about this game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote SSV

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

For example, one thing about Nerds that still really rubs me the wrong way was complaining about the "kinda early" hammers. Kinda early equals right on loving time in this game. Two and a half hours to go is flirting with executing a guaranteed townie. Especially in our thread with more time zone differences.

I will keep saying this again and again. Next time I say "ok let's start working towards a lunch now", that means now, even if there are still 24 hours remaining.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Venom Soag posted:

No buff chat.

This is true and worth saying again. (both parts, in fact)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i mean i guess ##vote ssv

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

##vote ssv

Prince where did you go you unvoted and didn't vote for any of the others with two hours to go

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Alright I'll consolidate ##vote SirSamVimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I am going to work now, I will see you all post hammer.

Do the right thing thread, lunch SSV for a better Texas and a brighter tomorrow.

• Locked thread