Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Matt Grzelcyk is the most valuable player for on ice goals in the entire league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Furnaceface posted:

Outside of Rask and Bergeron who else deserves to be there over some randomly picked Bolt?

McAvoy and Pastrnak

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Lmao at Sid and Letang over Kessel.

kessel will probably wind up going when crosby comes down with a mysterious disease days before the all star weekend

but yeah, letang has got to be one of the worst all star picks in recent years given his play first half this year

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stall and Schenn offer Benn is stupid. Green is stupid. Isn't Letang poo poo this year? Bob should deffo be there.

This stupid, pointless game is getting me all hot and bothered.

Also, as an aside, did you know Klingberg is the best dman in the league rn?he's very good.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

McAvoy and Pastrnak

Id take Point over Pasta without even hesitating. :colbert:

McAvoy, yeah sure why not. Hedman/Sergachev/McAvoy would be a cool trio though I still have a soft spot for Krug.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/hallsy09/status/951216575998078977

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

yellowcar posted:

but he's so ugly

Now that I think about it, this is probably why Karlsson is in over Stone

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The Dirty Burger posted:

Now that I think about it, this is probably why Karlsson is in over Stone

Stone looked like a well worn 40 year old when he entered the league. Good thing he's talented.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/status/951229447356772352

directly from Coach Q's mouth. go Duke

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/951230277128302592

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

quit helping the hawks, goddamn

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/951231362958180352

i hope duke thrives in chitown

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahaha nice

dominator
Oct 1, 2003

Load Emotion File Happy_Human.bin
Processing.....
Processing..........
*ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND*

yellowcar posted:

quit helping the hawks, goddamn
No don't

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Last night Panik finally had his first good game since like game 2 of the season and he immediately gets traded. :v:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
It sure is great that there is a team that exists solely to steal money from the local government and bail out teams with bad contracts

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ok yeah, Arizona is also a trade partner for escrow and/or terrible contracts for the Hawks. Duclair in Chicago could be fun.

Unrelated, Brandon Dubinsky finally decides he's going to wear a visor. Apparently, he had some temporary vision loss with the injury he suffered in the fight with Kassian:

https://theathletic.com/208716/2018...earing-a-visor/

There'll be 33 players left in the league (who tracks that?) when he comes back who don't wear one

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Wasn't Panik really good last year?

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Ginette Reno posted:

Wasn't Panik really good last year?

He was, but he struggled mightily after getting a pay raise. Until last night, his last even strength goal was on the second game of the season, and he was getting top line minutes up until about two weeks ago. Looks like Duclair will free up another 1.6 million of cap space and will be a RFA - cost controlled contracts has been Bowman's thing once he realized just how badly he messed up the Seabrook deal.

Speaking of Seabrook, I think the beat writers said he'll be back tonight even though the Hawks won 8-2 last night. So it goes.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Ok yeah, Arizona is also a trade partner for escrow and/or terrible contracts for the Hawks. Duclair in Chicago could be fun.

Unrelated, Brandon Dubinsky finally decides he's going to wear a visor. Apparently, he had some temporary vision loss with the injury he suffered in the fight with Kassian:

https://theathletic.com/208716/2018...earing-a-visor/

There'll be 33 players left in the league (who tracks that?) when he comes back who don't wear one

It bugs the crap out of me that players like Lucic and Gudbranson played their entire junior career with a visor and then took it off once they got to the NHL.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
What do the Coyotes even get out of this deal? Seems like they traded for weaker and older players?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Good for Duke but gently caress the hawks :smith:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Zodijackylite posted:

What do the Coyotes even get out of this deal? Seems like they traded for weaker and older players?

Dauphin is three years younger than Clendening, so the age thing kinda evens out.

As for Panik, the Yotes GM said that they liked Panik's size and two-way game (which is fair even if the offensive part of it has been absent this year, he still is responsible in his own end). I think Duclair has the potential to be much better than Panik, however.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

Zodijackylite posted:

Duke has a coaching problem that no one will specify. Every head coach he's been under has not liked him.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
oh cool everyone forgot they're not supposed to help Chicago again

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Now taking bets on which team will take Seabrook's contract

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yaya posted:

Detroit or Montreal

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
no more panik puns. a huge loss

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Pierre McGuire has Stage 1 prostate cancer. :(

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

given seabrook was in Chicago, Bergevin will be all over that

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

shiiiit :smith:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

CBJSprague24 posted:

That sucks :smith:

Fortunately seeing that it's stage one, they caught it early, and prostate cancer is one of the most curable kinds.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

That sucks :smith:

Fortunately seeing that it's stage one, they caught it early, and prostate cancer is one of the most curable kinds.

yeah, not that anyone wants to receive any kind of cancer diagnosis at all, but if you're going to get cancer, you could do much worse than Stage I prostate cancer. 15-year survival rate for ALL stages of prostate cancer is 96%.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Yet none of you know which junior program cancer played for.

In all seriousness, get well soon.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'm glad Pierre got treatment so he could just stay home and watch the World Juniors all tournament long.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Yaya posted:

Florida.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

I'm glad Pierre got treatment so he could just stay home and watch the World Juniors all tournament long.

his poor prostate can't get any god drat rest

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

quote:

“It’s gone back for a few years now where the team wasn’t particularly happy with the player and the player wasn’t particularly happy with the team and we worked through some things, tried a lot of different approaches in a lot of different ways,” Coyotes general manager John Chayka said on a conference call. “I hope he has success in Chicago and does good things.”

quote:

“There’s a lot of things that go into a trade,” Chayka said. “Some of them are readily apparent. You see Anthony play and his speed and skill is obvious to everyone. There’s some things that I think should stay behind closed doors. It was a long process. We went through a lot of different approaches and a lot of different things through two different (coaching) staffs here and at the end of the day just felt that for both sides it was best to move on.”

ugh. rather have a pick than trash though

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Duclair is gonna score 25 goals a year now, great.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/951273071712743426

Oh yeah, this is still a problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Why couldn't they just have gone with "Knights"?
Probably because they couldn't get a trademark for it, right?
Now they're gonna lose their name or have to kick some money to the loving army.

• Locked thread