Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Milky Moor posted:

the dude who bought that laser cannon, lost it due to a bug, then bought and lost two more... that's just crazy to me

if that happened to me in a game, that'd be the sort of thing that made me stop playing. not feed more money into it.

Well clearly you don't believe in the dream. :colbert:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

KM Scorchio posted:

Is this thing dead yet?

how can you kill that which has no life

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Well clearly you don't believe in the dream. :colbert:

time to post taxxxxe dog picture derek

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

the dude who bought that laser cannon, lost it due to a bug, then bought and lost two more... that's just crazy to me

if that happened to me in a game, that'd be the sort of thing that made me stop playing. not feed more money into it.

Well, clearly that wont happen when they implement Persistence Ultra Turbo Deluxe 3.0

Just you wait and pledge

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Are they still doing their weekly amateurish progress reports and "gantt" chart updates that kept confirming how hosed their project management and development process were?

Or is that abandoned because alpha versions do not need such planning, development is more open than ever and I don't understand software development?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://twitter.com/IK1T/status/952888910438428672

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Fresh fish! Fresh fish!

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Even the employees have no idea which company their contract is with

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Milky Moor posted:

I refuse to believe that story is real.

SC does not have items for pay that can be permanently lost.

SC does not have single use items for pay, instead you buy the ability to equip that type.

SC is good.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sillybones posted:

I refuse to believe that story is real.

SC does not have items for pay that can be permanently lost.

SC does not have single use items for pay, instead you buy the ability to equip that type.

SC is good.

No insurance and torpedos!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What the hell was the term Lesnick used in regards to all the cruft in the database and why it was so difficult to melt ships?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Database smeg, I believe

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Aramoro posted:

People go to Church every week, God never shows up and fixes their problems. Scientologists never gain control of their Thetans. Prophets come and prophets go but the Messiah never shows up. If there's one thing we've shown as a species it's that we will believe in anything and continue to do so as long their is some hope that it might happen in the future. ATV is their weekly devotional practice, logging into the PTU is their praying.

The only real beacon of hope for the project is the funding tracker.

Backers have long ago given up on the old axiom that the game is already funded (supported by various statements by Chris in the past). The delays, content cuts and overall mess 3.0 represents has ensured even the most white of knights are fully aware of the very long time left to complete SC as promised and the probable additional significant funds that will be required for that over and beyond the current figure...

No matter how crappy, buggy, glitchy and content starved the alpha is there will always be hope as long as that funding tracker keeps showing unwaveringly 2-3 millions a month.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 15, 2018

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Database smeg, I believe

Yeah, that sounds right. I was thinking 'smegma' but thought there is no way in hell even big Ben would use that term.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Interaction mode is hacked in and poorly tested.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...lass/contribute

quote:

After QT jump from Yela to Daymar, when moving the mouse, it was only moving my view but not my ship. Also, a cursor was there for me to click on MFDs. It was stuck this way. Was able to move ship back and forth, accelerate, etc. But not able to change directions due to mouse being locked in interaction mode.
Tried going out of chair, but not able to rotate due to this issue. Still stuck in interaction mode. Got back in the pilot seat, same thing.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

SomethingJones posted:

These guys are exasperated and have nothing left to argue with.

CIG don't own any buildings, it's all rent, that money's gone. And the one thing they did own they put up for collateral for a loan and now it turns out they didn't have a license to develop it in the first place.

It's Snarfbuckle.
He can write garbage and argue about nothing.
He's not a malicious idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

My favorite recent subplot is the Shitizens attempting to poke holes in the legal strategy of the law firm that just won a $500M IP lawsuit over the Oculus Rift. Yeah, I'm sure you guys know better. Buy another five space-bikes.

But according to YouTube lawyer Leonard J. Crabs French, CIG's response was a slam dunk and Crytek has nothing!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Going from starring in Final Fantasy 15 to working as a junior artist seems like a bit of a downgrade.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Pffft. Downgrade? He gets to fulfill Robert's vision.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Why’d you steal my sig for this post?

Or is it the secret code word to engage the secret plan we can’t discuss but people who are in the know know and haha omg it’s going to be great!

*wink wink nudge nudge*

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

Going from starring in Final Fantasy 15 to working as a junior artist seems like a bit of a downgrade.

going from anything to working with the guy who made the Wing Commander is like going from sea level to the stratosphere

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tortolia posted:

But according to YouTube lawyer Leonard J. Crabs French, CIG's response was a slam dunk and Crytek has nothing!

I'm not sure why people listen so closely to Leonard J Cr..French. He worked for 9 years as a Software Developer, picked up a Law Degree from a second tier University, did an internship at a Civil Law Clinic before striking out on his own. Which has proven so successful he panhandles for dollars giving out legal opinions on Youtube. I mean he's surely got the legal chops to dismantle the arguments of:

James Pak - Columbia Law, fresh from suing Oculus Rift for $500 million.

Kevin Minnick - UCLA, successfully pursued actions against Wells Fargo and Toyota.

that's not counting the Partners

Anthony Sammi - With his paltry Cornell Law degree and industry awards of being one of the best litigators in the US last year.

Kurt Hemr - Harvard Law, Has successfully litigated against many companies in between doing pro-bono work for refugees.

It's the clearest example of confirmation Bias I think you can see. French agrees with the Acolytes of Roberts, therefore he is right.

I mean being Pro-CIG has almost certainly netted French thousands of dollars so I can respect the position he's taken.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ST6DanielNL/status/952891023079956481

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dDYPTSdTOc

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

boviscopophobic posted:

This whole video is pretty good for schadenfreude if you're looking to burn some time.

1) Game freezes immediately at the start of the video.
2) Reloading takes 70 seconds.
3) Cutlass Black is lost due to the freeze, reclaiming it takes 85 minutes, reduced to 7.5 minutes if you pay to expedite the claim. (Note: expedited processing fees seem to be waived currently).
3) It takes him 12 minutes of space combat action to kill a single NPC fighter guarding the mission objective.
4) After grabbing the mission objective box floating in space and re-entering his ship, the local physics grid ejects him and he is stuck paralyzed in space, with no working controls.
5) He suicides and flies back out to the mission site in another ship. The mission objective box is still sitting inside his previous ship but is glitched and cannot be picked up.
6) He attempts to quantum travel back to Olisar but QT is not working and removes control of the ship, fixable only by exiting the pilot seat. Another NPC ship comes and takes his shields down to critical while he's sitting, immobilized.
7) Suicide, respawn, and rant.

All this takes place at sub-20 fps, except for dips down to 3-5 fps during items 5 and 6.

This looks like a fun and totally viable gameplay loop to me. If I was a game developer who was also a perfectionist, I’d say “ship it!”

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Aramoro posted:

I'm not sure why people listen so closely to Leonard J Cr..French. He worked for 9 years as a Software Developer, picked up a Law Degree from a second tier University, did an internship at a Civil Law Clinic before striking out on his own. Which has proven so successful he panhandles for dollars giving out legal opinions on Youtube. I mean he's surely got the legal chops to dismantle the arguments of:

James Pak - Columbia Law, fresh from suing Oculus Rift for $500 million.

Kevin Minnick - UCLA, successfully pursued actions against Wells Fargo and Toyota.

that's not counting the Partners

Anthony Sammi - With his paltry Cornell Law degree and industry awards of being one of the best litigators in the US last year.

Kurt Hemr - Harvard Law, Has successfully litigated against many companies in between doing pro-bono work for refugees.

It's the clearest example of confirmation Bias I think you can see. French agrees with the Acolytes of Roberts, therefore he is right.

I mean being Pro-CIG has almost certainly netted French thousands of dollars so I can respect the position he's taken.

But you see Skadden is just bully lawyers that scare and pressure the little guy and can't win in a real fight and such therefore per se quid pro quo crobbinus cigimus

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Zzr posted:

When you rub for too long, it dries

Never rub dry.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jason Sextro posted:

going from anything to working with the guy who made the Wing Commander is like going from sea level to the stratosphere

So, your eyes freeze over and you slowly suffocate?

Checks out.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Cheez posted:

But you see Skadden is just bully lawyers that scare and pressure the little guy and can't win in a real fight and such therefore per se quid pro quo crobbinus cigimus

they just got lucky in the past and had judges that like them never bothered to learn to read.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tippis posted:

So, your eyes freeze over and you slowly suffocate?

Checks out.

As the remaining oxygen in your body blows out of your nipples.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Colostomy Bag posted:

As the remaining oxygen in your body blows out of your nipples.

Which sounds like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFr74zI1LBM

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Dogeh posted:

It's Snarfbuckle.
He can write garbage and argue about nothing.
He's not a malicious idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.

MoMA, who is Toast, is also Snarfbuckle?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Which will come first:

SC release or Ben reaching 500kg?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
Skadden? More like Skaven the rat people from Warhammer.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Colostomy Bag posted:

What the hell was the term Lesnick used in regards to all the cruft in the database and why it was so difficult to melt ships?

Not that it matters too much but that particular invention should be attributed to Disco "just here for my paycheck" Lando. Assuring his ascendance as he pinned the need for charging people more and the impossibility of assigning refunds for equipment to a non existent problem.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Have we determined that some HR drone sits down with them and makes them post these? They're all like exactly the same.

They'd be mad at me. I don't even know how to log into my twitter anymore (and it might still be shut down)

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Zzr posted:

When you rub for too long, it dries

I've been rubbing a lot with mustard lately.

Maybe I'll upload some pictures later.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Virtual Captain posted:

Interaction mode is hacked in and poorly tested.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...lass/contribute

This shocking revelation has shaken me to my core.

lol, their big tentpole feature for 3.0 being a hacked in piece of poo poo should be enough to tell any backer to split

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, that sounds right. I was thinking 'smegma' but thought there is no way in hell even big Ben would use that term.

It was smegma, but it was not Ben but Lando who said it.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SoftNum posted:

Have we determined that some HR drone sits down with them and makes them post these? They're all like exactly the same.

They'd be mad at me. I don't even know how to log into my twitter anymore (and it might still be shut down)

Look at the photos, it's like a job ad in itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

The greatest failure of interaction mode is being unable to actually hack someones ship with a spyglass.