Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
When was the elf jockeys? That was when I even as a dumbass teenager figured out it was bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

By season 10 we have an episode about Homer stalking Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger.

An episode that has REALLY held up.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKReixb2eok

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Don't forget to look at the garagecar-hole.
The pile of indistinct pink things?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

RIP singer of the Cranberries.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love the simpsons memes even though I do not know where a lot of them come from. When growing up in the UK Simpsons was mostly on paid TV and I never owned paid TV - just the free stuff. BBC2 did show it occasionally.

However it is kind of blowing my mind that You Only Move Twice is from season 8. I have seen that and I always remembered it as a much, much earlier episode - season 2 or 3. I am wondering if BBC2 showed it out of episode order and that is why I am thinking that way.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not that it's your fault for not noticing, but when you put Season 2/3 next to 8 the animation quality is very different.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

VideoGames posted:

I love the simpsons memes even though I do not know where a lot of them come from. When growing up in the UK Simpsons was mostly on paid TV and I never owned paid TV - just the free stuff. BBC2 did show it occasionally.

However it is kind of blowing my mind that You Only Move Twice is from season 8. I have seen that and I always remembered it as a much, much earlier episode - season 2 or 3. I am wondering if BBC2 showed it out of episode order and that is why I am thinking that way.

I was in a similar situation. The Simpsons was on one of the state broadcasting channels at 6pm every week day and I think they just showed random episodes rather than starting at season one and playing it through in a loop.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
90% of Something Awful is:
How much you would eat horsemeat and that means youre super cool.
Ketchup on hotdogs is bad
Let me tell you how sad Dear Zachary and I found it sadder than you did.
The Simpsons went bad at an extremely esoteric point you would never understand.
These 4 particular vaporwave/80's style synth bands again and again and again.
Pretending not to know what something discussed 1000's times before is just to trigger discussion about it again.

Jeffrey Dahmer has a new favorite as of 11:41 on Jan 16, 2018

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

How much you would eat horsemeat and that means youre super cool.

horseburger is easily the best burger, can confirm.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Seasons 6-8 are a bit of a blur for me because I don't think there's a terrible episode in the bunch.

The drop-off is so sharp in 9. You can tell exactly which episode was after Cohen left the series.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hmm let's see... For now let's go with "These 4 particular vaporwave/80's style synth bands again and again and again". Y'all ok with that?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

VideoGames posted:

I always vaguely remembered channel4 being the ones to show the simpsons when it did air, but yeah they never showed it sequentially unlike say, Frasier.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

tithin posted:

I always vaguely remembered channel4 being the ones to show the simpsons when it did air, but yeah they never showed it sequentially unlike say, Frasier.

I just looked it up and BBC2 showed Simpsons from 1996 - 2004. You Only Move Twice is an episode from 1996. I am starting to feel relieved as this could exactly be why my memory is hazy :D

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

VideoGames posted:

I just looked it up and BBC2 showed Simpsons from 1996 - 2004. You Only Move Twice is an episode from 1996. I am starting to feel relieved as this could exactly be why my memory is hazy :D

Eh, I've not been in the UK for over 10 years at this point - shouldn't be a surprise I can't remember poo poo - but when I was in high school it was all we talked about.

well, that and buffy.

MOVING ON

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

The Simpsons went bad at an extremely esoteric point you would never understand.
Eat it Harvey.

Nerds have had 20 years to analyze that poo poo like it's the loving Gospel and a majority has consensus.

I won't pretend it isn't sad, or pathetic, or useless, but don't you dare act like this poo poo is complicated.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Mokinokaro posted:

Seasons 6-8 are a bit of a blur for me because I don't think there's a terrible episode in the bunch.

The drop-off is so sharp in 9.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Zereth posted:

The pile of indistinct pink things?

https://youtu.be/cwuC3MC9gsc?t=65

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Not sure if posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uec_V_IajyU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

:thejoke:

Though the second half of season 9 still has some pretty great ones like Das Bus and the Joy of Sect.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

At 2:07 is when you realize Skinner had a place of his own early on but moved back in with his mother later.

EDIT: content!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXQg0LgvTwU

Android Apocalypse has a new favorite as of 13:28 on Jan 16, 2018

JigglyPuff
Jun 3, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ea9FJqivkk

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv0kJNukRaA

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"Clams?"
"Hams."
"...HAMS?!!"

Chalmers isn't on board.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Android Apocalypse posted:

At 2:07 is when you realize Skinner had a place of his own early on but moved back in with his mother later.

EDIT: content!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXQg0LgvTwU

i understand how this was made, and i still can't figure out if it's dumb or genius

inb4: "yes!"

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
its kinda funny in a cosmic sense that i'm so old that i understand all the simpsons references but when you mix them with these shows and games that came later that i get none of the jokes cause i never watched them or played them

<grandpa abe> ITLL HAPPENNN TOO YOUUUUU </grandpa abe>

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

yeah, yeah, go yell at the cloud

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

Karate Bastard posted:

Hmm let's see... For now let's go with "These 4 particular vaporwave/80's style synth bands again and again and again". Y'all ok with that?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

FFT posted:

yeah, yeah, go yell at the cloud

i just want attention

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

i'm down with pretending it's just Depeche Mode

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

hhhat posted:

i just want attention

shut up, they'll catch us

Slimchandi
May 13, 2005
That finger on your temple is the barrel of my raygun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8kp3b5h2DY

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

FFT posted:

i'm down with pretending it's just Depeche Mode

Kill mother loving depeche mode

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Grassy Knowles posted:

Kill mother loving depeche mode

yeah they're pretty killer, i dunno about ur mum tho

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

4kids wouldn't allow devil in the dub :colbert:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Someone make a steamed hams in the style of a procedurally generated Elsa/Spiderman video

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

twoday posted:

Someone make a steamed hams in the style of a procedurally generated Elsa/Spiderman video

i still haven't gotten around to binging that series, is it any good

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

RagnarokAngel posted:

4kids wouldn't allow devil in the dub :colbert:

"Delightful, Seymour!"

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I would like some more David Lynch memes, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Montalvo posted:

I would like some more David Lynch memes, thank you.