Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Trig Discipline posted:

Well if you've got a better way to convince rich people to kill themselves I'm all ears, buddy. :colbert:

Raw water?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Isn't ...all water raw?

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
You can boil or steam water to cook it.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Ah. So, puddle water in a bottle, sold as "free-range, organic"?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Isn't ...all water raw?

Not once it's been processed, dummy. Running it through a pump in a bottling plant destroys all the vital watermins and weterals that BIG WATER doesn't want you to know about! and if you put chlorine in it and run it through metal pipes to your house well then you might as well just be drinking bleach out of an old car exhaust, stupid!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Isn't ...all water raw?

Not if it has FlUoRiDe in it! Educate yourself on FLUORIDE! Please ignore any actual research done on it that might suggest that its health benefits outweigh what minor problems they've found! Focus only on the articles that have CHEMICALS in all caps in the headline.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Isn't ...all water raw?

Not according to the genius behind the Juicero Juicer

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Not according to the genius behind the Juicero Juicer

It feels so reactionary, like they read about the Flint water crisis and were like "Normie Mankind and his accursed pipes have let us down once again. The only truly rational mass water delivery system is to have a trembly sparrow chested man scoop bespoke jelly water from a forest puddle and sell it to me for $50 per glass cubeful."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Trig Discipline posted:

Well if you've got a better way to convince rich people to kill themselves I'm all ears, buddy. :colbert:

Runup to the replication of the French revolution is coming along nicely imo.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Trig Discipline posted:

Fentanyl in cocaine is probably a better bet.

You would have some collateral damage, though.

Or hell, look at all the unsafe poo poo Gwyneth Paltrow peddles. Maybe she's secretly just trying to kill off white women?

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

SpacePig posted:

Not if it has FlUoRiDe in it! Educate yourself on FLUORIDE! Please ignore any actual research done on it that might suggest that its health benefits outweigh what minor problems they've found! Focus only on the articles that have CHEMICALS in all caps in the headline.

I don't know who these quotes are from:

quote:

The grammar on that conspiracy theorists list is really disjointed and weird. It lists a bunch of symptoms, and then says "does x" for a bunch of others. Like, fluoride accelerates the aging process and promotes mental disturbances. But then? FLUORIDE SEDATIVE. FLUORIDE INFERTILITY. FLUORIDE AUTISM.

quote:

FLUORIDE TRY HARD BUT PEOPLE GET MAD AND YELL AT FLUORIDE. FLUORIDE ANGER. FLUORIDE SMASH.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If you remove the giardia you remove essential nutrients.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Are we talking like, water out of a natural spring? Because when I was growing up there was a natural spring that flowed out of the side of a hill on my grandpa's farm. He'd fill empty Jif peanut butter jars with it and let us drink it. So far as I know the spring is still there and he still owns the land. I'm gonna go get some raw water and hit the farmers market.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I just realised you could probably sell these dumbasses empty plastic cups, call 'em "dehydrated water pods," and charge $80 a glass for 'em.

E: $120 for "dehydrated Tibetan water pods," $400 for "blessed dehydrated Tibetan water pods," $2,000 for "blessed dehydrated Tibetan water pods of the thunderbird."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Someone beat you to it. My stupid-joke-loving grandfather had an empty, sealed milk carton sitting on his shelf with a label that read "dehydrated water."

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
On the theme of bougie hippie scams...

Haifisch posted:

I was going to say it was probably targeting people who want something sweet they can pretend isn't total garbage(like what happened with all those super-sugary yogurt flavors and mix-ins), but then I looked at the brand's site and :stare:.

'High-vibrational' hummus.

Lazlo Nibble posted:

Intentionally-created high-vibrational dessert hummus!

At last, an end to the tyranny of accidentally-created high-vibrational dessert hummus!

BioEnchanted posted:

REminds me of a shop near me called "Chocolate by Design" that does special moulds of chocolate, like elaborate shapes and things. Chocolate Dominos and rabbits and the like. I like the implication that they have a sister store called "Chocolate by Accident"

Intoluene posted:

I believe chocolate by accident is called sharting.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Untrustable posted:

Are we talking like, water out of a natural spring? Because when I was growing up there was a natural spring that flowed out of the side of a hill on my grandpa's farm. He'd fill empty Jif peanut butter jars with it and let us drink it. So far as I know the spring is still there and he still owns the land. I'm gonna go get some raw water and hit the farmers market.

Plenty of people in rural areas get water from (known, tested, trustworthy) wells. You gotta claim your raw water comes from some hidden untouched natural spring to really set yourself apart.

Then charge $60 for a bottle.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Or just bottle tap water and sell it at a 1000x markup
This is Dasani, that I know of, but there likely are others.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Or just bottle tap water and sell it at a 1000x markup
This is Dasani, that I know of, but there likely are others.

They all are tap water, just filtered and cleaned up via reverse osmosis, charcoal filtering, ozone, and UV.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Somfin posted:

E: $120 for "dehydrated Tibetan water pods," $400 for "blessed dehydrated Tibetan water pods," $2,000 for "blessed dehydrated Tibetan water pods of the thunderbird."
New Diablo expansion looking good.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A few years ago the X-Men brought the original 5 teenage X-Men (Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, and Angel) to the present day from the 60s and accidentally trapped them in the present day. Don't ask how the timeline works, it 100% doesn't and no one cares.

Anyway Cyclops is in a convenience store and sees all the bottled water and asks the clerk why they're selling it. "What's wrong with water now? Did something happen to it?"

It's dumb, but then again so is using multiple water bottles for anything other than wilderness travel.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

mind the walrus posted:

A few years ago the X-Men brought the original 5 teenage X-Men (Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, and Angel) to the present day from the 60s and accidentally trapped them in the present day. Don't ask how the timeline works, it 100% doesn't and no one cares.

Anyway Cyclops is in a convenience store and sees all the bottled water and asks the clerk why they're selling it. "What's wrong with water now? Did something happen to it?"

It's dumb, but then again so is using multiple water bottles for anything other than wilderness travel.
I think I've seen that exact same joke in about half a dozen TV shows.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Mycroft Holmes posted:

"The way you achieve orgasm with a consenting partner is weird" I said, as I placed my blood-engorged flesh tube inside the mucus cavern of my partner. "I find it strange and disgusting" I said, as the organ adjacent to my lower intestines produced white goo that would be flung into the fleshy sack in my partners abdomen, where it would forcibly penetrate her cells and generate a benign tumor that would one day be expelled from her body.

im really impressed that you still went full-tilt for the moral high ground in direct response to a post about an infantilized woman getting her rear end filled with water and made to explosively poo poo in a diaper

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tiggum posted:

I think I've seen that exact same joke in about half a dozen TV shows.

Wow, X-Men comics are more influential than I thought.

JigglyPuff
Jun 3, 2002
The bong laser chat on page 319 made me cry with laughter. If you missed it you should check it out. It helped that it was followed by some very funny responses to the BDSM test as well. The funny forums quotes are coming from inside the thread! and all that.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Picnic Princess posted:

If you remove the giardia you remove essential nutrients.

Giardia? I hardly knew 'er!

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
giardia is my favorite pokemon

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Normal Adult Human posted:

giardia is my favorite pokemon

she's my favorite food network celebrity

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

too bad they cancelled her show after they found tapes of her giving mexicans so much poo poo

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Untrustable posted:

My dad once drove us for hours in the Arkansas summer to fill up jugs from an old spring he knew of deep in the woods, why? the answer is lost to me now. I had to sit in the truck bed with my sister over miles and miles of broken, dirt roads. It was hot, bumpy hell with no hope of comfort or relief. The landscape was insanely gorgeous.

That was the best goddamn water I ever had, next to drinking straight from the Petit Jean waterfall after hiking for like 6 hours.

If I knew where that spring was now, I'd be making loving bank. The Petit Jean Park should be bottling that poo poo, too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I'm pretty sure the raw water company just uses untreated tap water

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm pretty sure the raw water company just uses untreated tap water
All tap water is treated, the nuts into "raw water" want it from springs. NY Times had an article on it just a bit ago: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/29/dining/raw-water-unfiltered.html?_r=0

Lots of "our precious bodily fluids" types.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I drink Deionized Water.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
i drink delionized water. its nothing special.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I prefer my water unionized, but it’s such a labor-intensive process

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

I drink Deionized Water.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
There's a spring that trickles out of a road cutaway just outside of town. Years ago someone jammed a length of perforated pvc pipe into the bank so there's a way to fill up the jugs and there is always one or two people filling up jugs and poo poo during summer for beer making and poo poo. It's tasty.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
this has to be the weirdest and most disgusting gimmick account I've seen in a long time :stare:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Guys, I’m not insane by any metric.

But...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The quote I’m about to post is not funny in and of itself. That’s because it’s time to play...

Guess! The! Thread!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

"Latinx" is in itself accepting sexism, and trying to counteract it by hiding. It's based on the notion that the "sexism" of the word latinos is insurmountable, and that is must be modified with a cipher to hide supposed masculine hegemony. This obviously just makes the gendering more obvious. There's a lacuna in the word that demands completion. It will constantly remind that there is a gender ending there that demands inclusion.

This reflects a paradox in modern LGBT/gender politics. Gender and sex shouldn't determine how people should live their lives or behave, they can in fact be changed... but at the same time they are treated as unavoidable and inescapable, to the point that a gendered language treating masculinity as a norm is a transgression. Thus "latinx" isn't really breaking down barriers of gender and sex, as it demands constant acknowledgement of differences.

Guess the subforum that this post comes from without clicking through for 50 points. Guess the thread for 500 points.