Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

yellowcar posted:

dion's coming home to Toronto, baby!

They did just have Dermott change from 3 to 23.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

yeah for a new job ehehehehehhehDO IT MOLSON DO IT DO IT YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wasn't Staal more productive in NY than Nash currently is? I know he was considered disappointing, but Nash seems to really be struggling.

Who?

Nash is struggling on the scoresheet but the dude is playing his rear end off everywhere else. The rangers can retain on him too.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

have a gameday thread folks

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CBJ come off their bye tonight and have three more games in the next two weeks: @VGK, @ARI, vs MIN before the All-Star break.

...February is a loving meat grinder, though. 3 vs WSH, 2 NJD, 1 PIT, 2 PHI, 2 NYI, TOR. :ohdear:.

Never thought I'd suggest a game against Chicago would be the easy game in a month.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I think Dermott should stay in the lineup even when Zaitsev returns. He seems really good and ready. But I don't know if that will happen.. if only Polak could stop existing to make sure.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

DuhSal posted:

I think Dermott should stay in the lineup even when Zaitsev returns. He seems really good and ready. But I don't know if that will happen.. if only Polak could stop existing to make sure.

Dermott should be on the team for sure. We’re overdue for some sort of ridiculous injury to Polak, would be nice to just see the team without him for a week or so.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

yellowcar posted:

dion's coming home to Toronto, baby!

He can wear the C until Matthews is ready/gets traded to the Pens with salary retention

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

For a second I was wondering what happens when a team reacquires a player they’ve retained salary on but then I remembered the Sens took that whoooole contract

Also Dion still has three seasons on his deal :eyepop:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Whoever wanted to know how VGK does in NHL 18 Franchise mode as an AI team, they're 5-3-0 and just lost 11-1 to Chicago, with Richard Panik picking up a hat trick (I started the mode before he was traded).

Also, I think I've finally found a way to make the game a) playable and b) fun. It's all in the AI Learning, CPU Strategy Adjustment, and AI Difficulty sliders. I'm playing Semi-Pro with the first two at 3 and Difficulty at 6 (out of 6), with human shot accuracies knocked down 5 points below AI. I lost 4-3 to LA (probably would've won with Bob in) and beat Buffalo 5-2 (two ENGs), which is pretty much what I want out of the game; I can win, but I can also lose by doing something dumb like being out of position or playing as a defenseman.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Taylor Hall is having a heck of a season.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the islanders have allowed 44 goals in their last 10 games

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Chad Sexington posted:

Taylor Hall is having a heck of a season.

He's pretty much carrying the Devils right now -- could be a career year for him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How likely is Tavares to re-sign?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

T-Bone posted:

He's pretty much carrying the Devils right now -- could be a career year for him.

But how is he fitting into the team culture?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Duckman2008 posted:

But how is he fitting into the team culture?

https://twitter.com/NHLGIFs/status/954184296448843777

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Man the Senators look really bad. But not as bad as the Blues PP does.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Chad Sexington posted:

Trotz is just going to let my man Bura whither on the vine.

https://twitter.com/russianmachine/status/954049670044635136

I hope the trade rumors around him are specious, because talk about selling low...

wtf

Like I dunno if Bura is going to quite be the guy some of the fans want him to be but he definitely seems like the player you want working through his growing pains and getting better not being healthy scratched unless he's just being absolute putrid poo poo

Matt Zerella posted:

Who?

Nash is struggling on the scoresheet but the dude is playing his rear end off everywhere else. The rangers can retain on him too.

He's been on fire these past couple of games!

Nash's problem is that somehow a concussion knocked all the puck luck out of his shot. He still generates a bunch of chances all by himself and is a hard worker all over the ice, but the shots that used to go in for him all the time...well, don't anymore. Except for the last two games anyways.

If only AV's dumb poo poo system wasn't so dumb poo poo

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

https://twitter.com/DallasStars/status/954188508981354498

Might actually be the second best save in that game.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JoelJoel posted:

That Korpi shoulder save was loving nuts

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
It feels so weird that Dallas has a goalie

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

n: https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/954195476647239680

v: :same:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Boston wins again. Only 5 points back of Tampa now with a game in hand.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hirez posted:

It feels so weird that Dallas has a goalie

After seeing two straight seasons of the Finnish Poop Show, I'm pretty sure Bishop is not only the greatest goalie of all time, but possibly the greatest athlete and man.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Flyers win and I am happy

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
N: The Avs have not lost this year.

V: :flashfap:

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

If you told me two years ago that the unknown ECHL goalie the WBS Pens had just signed to a PTO would beat the LA Kings I would laugh in your face. Congrats to DeSmith on winning in your first NHL start. (I guess Peters will be the next Goalie magic for the Pens?)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mage_Boy posted:

If you told me two years ago that the unknown ECHL goalie the WBS Pens had just signed to a PTO would beat the LA Kings I would laugh in your face. Congrats to DeSmith on winning in your first NHL start. (I guess Peters will be the next Goalie magic for the Pens?)

They signed him out of college I believe, not the ECHL, but your point stands.

He's been pretty good in the minors so not surprising. Pens have sick nasty goalie depth between Murray, Jarry, Desmith and Gustavsson. All the more puzzling why JR decided to add Niemi of all people this off season.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Ginette Reno posted:

They signed him out of college I believe, not the ECHL, but your point stands.

He's been pretty good in the minors so not surprising. Pens have sick nasty goalie depth between Murray, Jarry, Desmith and Gustavsson. All the more puzzling why JR decided to add Niemi of all people this off season.

Oh, I've been watching him in the minors, not surprising me now. When they signed him in WBS it was just after the last PTO goalie finished making GBS threads the bed against the Marlies (blew a five goal lead on saveable shots and got released) and we didn't know who he was. He ended up stealing Jarry's starting job that year when Jarry came back from injury.

Edit: Here's Dustin Brown attempting to kill Schultz: https://streamable.com/ch0mv

Mage_Boy fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 19, 2018

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Brown is an rear end in a top hat.

I'm also disappointed in the Kings for not following the retro craze and going back to the purple and gold uniforms.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Let's go the Golden Knights bitch

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Schremp Howard posted:

Brown is an rear end in a top hat.

I'm also disappointed in the Kings for not following the retro craze and going back to the purple and gold uniforms.

All black jerseys should be banned except for the Penguins and Bruins

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

All black jerseys should be banned except for the Penguins and Bruins

Yeah, ban the Penguins and Bruins entirely.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/EddWright_/status/954157097142444032

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

double post because i aint care and this is funny

https://twitter.com/Kurt_BSH/status/954381876080332801

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

I loved Bishop's angry stick flip:

https://twitter.com/NHLDaily365/status/954193451695968257

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Tony D is back.

E: o poo poo

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/954392923759632384

E2:

https://twitter.com/RickCarpiniello/status/954396403501060097

WELP

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 19, 2018

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Ouch. Seems like the Rangers have had a couple defensemen playing through injuries when they shouldn't. McDonagh has looked better since the week off, though.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
“Not wanting to disappoint people” is a really stupid reason for playing through knee pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I've torn the meniscus in both my knees and you know what doesn't heal by smashing it over and over? So obviously Shattenkirk is a loving moron, but shouldn't the Rags team doctors have had a better plan? I guess maybe he lied to them and said the shots worked? lol

• Locked thread