Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm not really interested in a continuation of the final episode but I'd be happy with a new season that was just more of the Vegas crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i wouldn't mind animated online shorts of dougie solving poo poo with weird backwards poo poo going on and assassins something kinda like rabbits

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
slowly over the course of the series everyone in the world becomes dougie-like

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Baloogan posted:

i wouldn't mind animated online shorts of dougie solving poo poo with weird backwards poo poo going on and assassins something kinda like Dumbland.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I just want another weird david lynch movie/tv show starring kyle maclachlan that doesn't have to have anything to do with twin peaks

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wanna see how bad cooper became a billionaire

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
(it's just bad cooper hitting jackpots but he DOESN'T tell the old lady where to get coins)

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
He just massages the old lady’s face for 9 minutes before cutting to something completely unrelated.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

(it's just bad cooper hitting jackpots but he DOESN'T tell the old lady where to get coins)

drat this is my new headcanon

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Yeah he definitely used black lodge magic. This includes the ability to seemingly bend computers to his will, so that's easy money right there

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

romanowski posted:

I just want another weird david lynch movie/tv show starring kyle maclachlan that doesn't have to have anything to do with twin peaks

I want to see more Sheryl Lee. She's a fantastic actress that needs more love.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

I wanna see how bad cooper became a billionaire

Competing in feats of strength

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-tOt8s0HLM

Happy birthday, David Lynch! A 72 year old man made this thing. Just think about that for a second.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I want to see more Sheryl Lee. She's a fantastic actress that needs more love.

yes sheryl lee too, with maximum screaming

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

hell throw laura dern in there. hell throw the whole gang in

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
Yeah, I know Twin Peaks kind of comes off as a bit of a boy's club itself, but still, Lynch manages to find actresses that are criminally underrated. In a fairer world, Grace Zabrieskie would have Meryl Streep-like success.

polishthunder84
Jul 29, 2014

You feel it too, don't you?
Speaking of Sherilyn Fenn...

https://www.gofundme.com/sherilyns-metoo-legal-battle

Saw this on the r/twinpeaks.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

kuddles posted:

Yeah, I know Twin Peaks kind of comes off as a bit of a boy's club itself, but still, Lynch manages to find actresses that are criminally underrated. In a fairer world, Grace Zabrieskie would have Meryl Streep-like success.

This club needs a name, how about the book house boys?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Christ, I still remember how just utterly depressed I was after the final episode. My friend who loves TP was the same, we spent the whole day consoling each other Haha.

Say what you want about Lynch, but man he can really mess with your head.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

After the last episode, I woke up maybe 3-4 times through the night to check this thread to see if anyone else had more insight into the ending and then spent like a week theorizing about it.

A helluva ending.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It was the first ending to a TV show in a longass time that actually made me want to think and engage with a show even further instead of just moving on.

Beyond that though it was just haunting to watch.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
The first two episodes hosed me up and the last two episodes hosed me up.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It was one of the very rare times a tv show or film has communicated “something is wrong” so well for me. Episode 18 is just a haunting slide downwards into wrong-ness.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

"David got up, gave me a big hug, and said "Angelo, that's Twin Peaks."

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I couldn't sleep the night the finale aired because my mind was racing a thousand miles a minute

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm planning a methodical rewatch in which I take notes so I can put everything all together. I can't remember if a show has ever done that to me.

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Has anyone done a close watch of the blu rays yet to see if the editing changes at all? Specifically on the scenes where we weren't sure if the glitches were intentional or editing "mistakes."

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

eshock posted:

Has anyone done a close watch of the blu rays yet to see if the editing changes at all? Specifically on the scenes where we weren't sure if the glitches were intentional or editing "mistakes."

The window flicker on the plane is still there (but we already knew that was intentional since the original stock footage doesn’t have the flicker).

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I still maintain the flicker is an editing mistake.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

wa27 posted:

I still maintain the flicker is an editing mistake.

Well I mean... the only way it could be a mistake is if someone carefully masked the windows for no reason and then forgot to remove it in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be8okTuhuWI

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Why do the flickering windows matter one way or another?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

because it's a code obviously

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I don't think Lynch is very big on codes, and an editing thing like that is surely his domain rather than Frost's (who I would expect to hide codes). It could just be lights flickering due to the fact that there's a black lodge entity on the plane---a hint about Diane similar to the red curtains she walks through before saying "Let's Rock".

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

DetoxP posted:

Well I mean... the only way it could be a mistake is if someone carefully masked the windows for no reason and then forgot to remove it in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be8okTuhuWI

Ohhhh nevermind, I completely forgot about the jet windows. I was thinking of the Big Ed scene.

Yeah I agree that was definitely intentional. Given how long it's gone without someone figuring it out, I'm leaning toward it just being a weird anomaly Lynch threw in. Not necessarily a code or anything.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 23, 2018

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i thought when i first heard of the windows was that it was a CGI fuckup due to ztearing or something like that.

my mental model for what happened is that lynch saw a CGI mockup of something (doesn't have to be the plane) and saw the 'z tearing' artifact and thought it looked cool

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
That's the frustration with David Lynch. Anything weird you notice in the series is about 50/50 of either "Frost and Lynch argued about the multi-layered symbolism they wanted to present in this scene for 2 weeks and then it was a long day in post-production getting it exactly the way it was envisioned" or "Lynch randomly thought it would be neat."

For the record, because of the lack of compression and the better sound quality, the rewatch on Blu-ray definitely made me more certain of what I was watching and hearing and helped me come up with my own theories about stuff. I don't know if there is something particular that people are unsure about, but everything I thought was a weird glitch originally still seems like an intentional glitch.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

Christ, I still remember how just utterly depressed I was after the final episode. My friend who loves TP was the same, we spent the whole day consoling each other Haha.

Say what you want about Lynch, but man he can really mess with your head.

I finished S3 last night and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. E17/18 spoilers When Laura takes Coop's hand and the Laura theme swells I straight up wept (only the third time a film has emotionally destroyed me: Thin Red Line and Solaris being the other 2). When she then disappeared at the end of episode 17 that elation instantly dissolved and I knew Lynch was about to own me for thinking this would have a happy ending.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The ending of S3 is up there in the pantheon for me with Sopranos and Mad Men.
It's easily the most hosed up I've felt watching something ever.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Gorman Thomas posted:

I finished S3 last night and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. E17/18 spoilers When Laura takes Coop's hand and the Laura theme swells I straight up wept (only the third time a film has emotionally destroyed me: Thin Red Line and Solaris being the other 2). When she then disappeared at the end of episode 17 that elation instantly dissolved and I knew Lynch was about to own me for thinking this would have a happy ending.

The lack of original series music, while immediately disappointing to me, just made that moment all the more poignant. Really nice stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I remember saying to my (already ex) wife "I'm ready for this final episode to gently caress ME UP emotionally," and boy, I didn't realize the extent of it when I went into Part 18.