Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Beef Hardcheese posted:

get hosed grammar idiots

Confirmation that Derek saw this - the word 'nonsense'.

Derek and goons called all of this, it's done citizens get your money out. Chris has 3 options:

1. Settle (the grapevine which is 70% accurate is talking about upwards of 10 million) and continue fundraising
2. Bankrupt
3. Space Court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

kw0134 posted:

Skadden: "DID WE loving STUTTER :catstare:"

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

Confirmation that Derek saw this - the word 'nonsense'.

Derek and goons called all of this, it's done citizens get your money out. Chris has 3 options:

1. Settle (the grapevine which is 70% accurate is talking about upwards of 10 million) and continue fundraising
2. Bankrupt
3. Space Court
not only settle, but settle and remove every and all aspect of cryengine code from their game, including improvements or forks from the original code

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

kw0134 posted:

CIG: "WE loving JITTER AND CLIP OFF INTO THE VOID :catstare:"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Star Citizen ending in a legal tire fire means Chris gets to jump back on kickstarter with a sob story to start fleecing whales again like it's 2012.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Daztek posted:

Yeah this looks like a bullshit response. Crytek gave some plausible complaints in the lawsuit, at first, without us knowing what was in the GLA. CIG responds to every point with good arguments and the actual text in the GLA pointing out what its a frivolous lawsuit

The counter response is reasserting the original claims that were completely shot down, without actually putting forth anything new or offering a rebuttal

Combined with how they initially tried to conceal the GLA to make it appear they had a viable argument, it seems pretty obvious this is just a cash grab. Their plan is likely to attempt to use the corrupt video game press and publicity to drag this lawsuit out and attempt to get them to settle

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

CryTek just want to steal Star Engine so they can sell it.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

not only settle, but settle and remove every and all aspect of cryengine code from their game, including improvements or forks from the original code

I know we're pretty anti meme around here, but what about a sweat 90s meme in a bad video game franchise?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

calling Mortal Kombat a bad video game franchise deserves kitty jail more than a meme.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Oh, to see the world through those eyes. What an adventure life must be for them.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hmm yes the non-lawyers moron nerds on reddit probably know a bit more than those tens of millions dollar lawyer firms.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

big nipples big life posted:

Star Citizen ending in a legal tire fire means Chris gets to jump back on kickstarter with a sob story to start fleecing whales again like it's 2012.

i would love this

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The redditors think this is Ortwin in a Superman outfit vs. Lionel Hutz

Nicholas posted:

i would love this

:same:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I love how the well written, layman-readable skadden stuff is immediately glossed over, meanwhile the "contract vs torta - a torta is not a sandwich it is a mexican delicacy served on two pieces of bread" crazy, unreadable poo poo that FKKS puts out is hailed as some ironclad legal document

like CIG is completely hosed here. they are bad people, who have hosed over hundreds and hundreds of other people, who have put away millions into their own personal accounts and will ultimately get shut down like every other loving studio they've ever run

everyone with money still in this deserves to get taken

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Can someone with legal knowledge (or not) tell me about the current takedown status?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Beef Hardcheese posted:

get hosed grammar idiots

This is some absurd and nonsense epic degree "called it" right there.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

I know we're pretty anti meme around here, but what about a sweat 90s meme in a bad video game franchise?

please don't end our friendship by calling mortal kombat bad

please

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Wuxi posted:

Can someone with legal knowledge (or not) tell me about the current takedown status?
brutal

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Hobold posted:

gently caress, derek was right about something.

Quick, how can moma spin this into a win for him?

Gotta come up with something for him to use before he hurts himself trying.

My first action upon opening the pastebin was to search “Ortwin”. It produced 2 hits.

MoMA might want to bring Fire and Fury on that point, because those of us hoping for The Ortpocalypse pretty much got The NothingBurgermeister.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

I love how the well written, layman-readable skadden stuff is immediately glossed over, meanwhile the ...unreadable poo poo that FKKS puts out is hailed as some ironclad legal document

I think that's pretty much how citizens operate day-to-day. "I can't understand it, therefor it is genius" also serves to explain how Crobert's handwavium rantings are still treated as pearls of divine wisdom by certain mongoloids.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Wuxi posted:

both sides are arguing why this case should or shouldnt goto court.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Dusty Lens posted:

Has anyone said 10 to 20 for the chairman yet

that there is thread title material

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Dear Ortwin-

Give this a read, then turn in your badge on the way out.

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Attorneys/Conduct-Discipline/Rules/Rules-of-Professional-Conduct/Current-Rules/Rule-3-310

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
I like the part where the CIG lawyers cite a Judge's decision that says CIG is in the wrong.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHoiLclXI2M

Leonard French about to give an opinion

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

^^^^ :argh:

Mr Leonard French is going to tell us what to think and how CIG still has got this in the bag in about 5 mins

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

:v:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
who will be in the court audience with me. I will buy us hotdogs on the court steps like we're in law & order: space edition

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Ortwin: [after learning that Skaddens response has been posted] finally, something i can sink my teeth into. *turns into a cloud of bats and flys away*

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TheAgent posted:

who will be in the court audience with me. I will buy us hotdogs on the court steps like we're in law & order: space edition
Should I buy my tickets now? I was told by a very reliable source with a very many aliases that this was a big nothingburger.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

What do you think, CIG signed some kind of agreement obligating them to use CryEngine? Checkmate goonailures :smug:

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT
Summary of Skadden answer, in one gif:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

I would but you quit drinking during the day and I don't want to be the only one

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Daztek posted:

^^^^ :argh:

Mr Leonard French is going to tell us what to think and how CIG still has got this in the bag in about 5 mins

Is he gonna wear a Pokémon toque or one of those cute fox ones with long ears that you can use as mittens?

The important question.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

Should I buy my tickets now? I was told by a very reliable source with a very many aliases that this was a big nothingburger.
I won't show up the first day (because that's basically like "hello, hello, we are moving forward, here's the court date") but I will be there when poo poo hits the fan

I need a xxxxxl "derek smart was right" tshirt. maybe I can use the painted canvas of a sail to drape over my body

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

I would but you quit drinking during the day and I don't want to be the only one

It'll have to be Night Court so Ortwin can attend.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Nyast posted:

cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles
:eyepop:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

I'll be drunk on turkey dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Golli posted:

It'll have to be Night Court so Ortwin can attend.

:thurman: