Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
LGD Farm Quest continues: Thanks to a tip from a Reddit thread, I now have a 2B that can solo carry the last boss (100% evasion, 100% fire resist, sleep immunity). The bad news is she takes 30+ turns to kill it. I haven't yet decided if it's worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Trance Terra LGD strategy goes much smoother with a decent Basch unit. I have the TT but I don't have Basch, but have a some great Basch friend units, and since LGD eats up like 3 hours of NRG I don't run out of them. If he gets to the final boss (a good one always will) the 50% spirit break will allow TT to kill it on the 4th turn. Without a Basch, the fight goes long enough for the Fireball thingy to put up a shell and mana drain you and that draws the fight out way longer. A Balthier is pretty much useless on LGD if using TT and bonus units (unless of course you have a Basch too).

Johnny Nomad
Feb 18, 2004

KDdidit posted:

The Trance Terra LGD strategy goes much smoother with a decent Basch unit. I have the TT but I don't have Basch, but have a some great Basch friend units, and since LGD eats up like 3 hours of NRG I don't run out of them. If he gets to the final boss (a good one always will) the 50% spirit break will allow TT to kill it on the 4th turn. Without a Basch, the fight goes long enough for the Fireball thingy to put up a shell and mana drain you and that draws the fight out way longer. A Balthier is pretty much useless on LGD if using TT and bonus units (unless of course you have a Basch too).

If you want to speed things up more, each of the non-bonus monsters before the boss only drops 1 event currency. So you can escape from fights 1-4 (with the escape skill from Germinas Boots, Producers Jacket, or Smoke bombs for example) without losing much of anything. Make sure to kill any bonus monsters though.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

You really can't do the T Terra LGD strategy unless her abilities are awakened huh? Magical Activation > Chaos Wave is just so slow, after 8 turns the boss is at only like 60% health

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

was doing just the 3 daily for LGD the last 2 days, and didnt get a whole lot of anything. today compensated for that with just one run.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You really can't do the T Terra LGD strategy unless her abilities are awakened huh? Magical Activation > Chaos Wave is just so slow, after 8 turns the boss is at only like 60% health

Yup. Mine's not awakened, so I bring a carry instead. Turn 1 is Magical Activication. Turn 2 is Sucessor - Maduin's Power > double Chaos Wave. Turn 3 is Sucessor > double Chaos Wave Awakened.

Provided the orb fucker doesn't use Fear, it generally doesn't take me more than 8-10 rounds.

Last night, I ended up in a 25 Round battle because he kept using Fear. :argh:

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 23, 2018

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
How is everyone equipping their trance Terra for LGD, I don't have any ring of lucii

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Farting posted:

How is everyone equipping their trance Terra for LGD, I don't have any ring of lucii

Lol, it's simple! Just use some Rings of the Lucii!

Also make sure you equip Beastlord, Fryevia's Needle and/or Onion Sword, it's easy, bro!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

RotL aren't needed, they just make it easier. Let's look at the equipment slots and the cheese requirements (100% evade, 100% fire resistance, sleep immunity):

Esper: Ifrit. He'll give half the fire resistance we need to hit 100%.

Weapon: T.Terra can equip daggers which help with hitting the build requirements. There's a few that can give 5% evade (one gives the Swordbreaker +5% dodge ability which doesn't stack with other Swordbreakers abilities) or there's Ulric's Kukri which gives +10% resistance to all elements. Ideally this would be a +MAG weapon but can be used for the build as needed.

Shield: The only evade shield is the Demon Shield, +5% evade, but it's a heavy shield and T.Terra's stuck on light shields. There is the Dragon Shield which give +30% fire resistance so this is an easy slot in. It isn't even a TM or anything and it gives half the fire resistance we need w/ Ifrit.

Head: There's a bit of everything in this slot. The Cat Ear Hood gives +20% fire resistance which can top off fire resistance with the Dragon Shield and Ifrit and only costs star quartz. There's the Black Bandanna (old event) or Black Cowl (Hayate's TM) for sleep immunity if available. Or the FF11 event had Raven's Beret for +5% evade.

Body: The Assassins' Vest is out since T.Terra is stuck with clothes and robes. There are +10% evade cloths but they're DracuLaswell's TMR, a 5* timed exclusive character. This is better served for sleep or fire resistance: Siren's Robe gives sleep immunity and the Red Jacket (+30%) or Thermal Suit (+50%) both cover fire resistance. The Thermal Suit can cover enough w/ Ifrit but unless you have the Stellar Shield there's nothing to replace the Dragon Shield with. e: Or Rainbow Robe (Marie's TM) too if you have it, but that's a 5* base TM. /e:

Accessory: The biggest evade item is here: Sazh's 20 Sided Die TM for +20% evade. The dodge bonus doesn't stack though so we can only use one. After that there's the Lucky Bangle from an old event for +10% evade or the Zephyr Cape for +5% evade (doesn't stack with Swordbreaker). Alternatively you can equip the Ifrit Claw to get +20% fire resistance to hit +50% with the Dragon Shield or an accessory to give sleep immunity.

Materia: This is the heaviest TM-related field. Since there's stackable +10% evade materias (but only as TMs) that anybody can use you basically want to fill in every slot with more dodge. Evade (Cyan's TM) and Quick Assault (Shine's TM) mainly, Freedom of Movement (Yda's TM) also gives dodge but you can only equip one. Otherwise you're stuck with various +5% evade materia from old events. This can go up to +40% evade, with T.Terra's baked in +30% we can hit +70% right here. You can trade in a materia for a sleep immunity materia from old events or +20% fire resistance from Garnet's TM as needed.

So the cheese build with the fewest TMs and no RotL would be:
Weapon: Swordbreaker
Shield: Dragon Shield
Head: Cat-Ear Hood
Body: Siren's Robe
Accessories: 20-Sided Die, Lucky Bangle
Materia: 3x Dodge/Quick Assault/Freedom of Movement, 1 5% evade materia

4 TMs, 2 old event gear. Another +10% evade materia would open up the weapon slot for +MAG, or if you don't have the Lucky Bangle then replace it with the Zephyr Cape and the Swordbreaker dagger with the Zwill Crossblade or Wing Edge (their +5% evade stacks with the Swordbreaker or Zephyr Cape). Either way it's a lot of TM grinding for +evade materia though.

There's a page on the wiki with all the dodge characters, gear, and materia if you want to take a look.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 23, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Aleyce, you are full of friends, I can't accept your friend request at this time. I'll try again in a little bit.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Guy Farting posted:

If you don't have any RoLs but have your heart set on running LGD instead of ELT, you are better off trying to build an evasion auto-attack unit like A2, Tidus, or Molt-enhanced Chizuru and using an escape ability to skip the trash mobs.

The tradeoff in MAG for an evasion T.Terra if you don't have at least 1 RoL means it will take a long time to beat the Salamand Entite. It will also take a long time with an evasion auto-attack unit, but you can just turn on auto and let it run until you win. This will save your sanity if you're running Yensa LGD multiple times a day.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Aleyce, you are full of friends, I can't accept your friend request at this time. I'll try again in a little bit.

Slot cleared.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Is Awakened Rain just CG Rain? Anyone know when he's coming out roughly?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Office Thug posted:

I have a carry Noctis up 209,464,963 but I only have 2 spots left. He's a little slower and requires a bit more attention than TTerra but he'll get the job done regardless.

How to use:
Round 1-3 --> Build up LB with auto-attacks, repeat Point Warp until stuff is dead.
Round 4 --> Use LB --> Point-Blank Warp-Strike --> Warp Strike --> Point-Blank Warp-Strike if not dead yet
Round 5 --> Point Warp (HP/MP heal) --> Point-Blank Warp-Strike, or Warp Strike --> Point-Blank Warp-Strike, depending on what you need. Once you get MP drained you basically just use Bladeblitz.

No sleep immunity but the boss will usually wake you up with a regular attack on the same turn he puts you asleep, and Noctis has more than enough HP/DEF to take a hit or two.

I have figured out a much better rotation for all the rounds, and a few possible rotations for the Entite fight to end it without getting MP drained most of the time:

Round 1-2 (Alraune+Frog and Yensa) --- Point-Warp --> Point-Blank Warp Strike each enemy
Round 3 (Wyvern) --- Warp Strike --> Point-Warp --> Point-Warp
Round 4 (Black Chocobo) --- Use LB --> Point-Blank Warp Strike

Round 5 (Entite boss) --- There's two main ways this can go down, and one "lovely" way that can happen sometimes due to RNG.

Fast way with LB --- Warp Strike --> Point-Blank Warp Strike --> Use LB --> Point-Blank Warp Strike --> boss dead

Not-so-fast way without LB --- Warp Strike --> Point-Blank Warp Strike --> Warp Strike --> Point-Blank Warp Strike --> Point-Warp (very important to skip the boss' guaranteed MP drain turn) --> Point-Blank Warp Strike --> boss dead

Slow/painful way ---> You follow the same routes as above, but the Boss just randomly decides to MP drain you earlier than he usually does. Not much you can do about this other than just use Raging Fist and hit repeat. Use Point-Warp when you can if your health is low, otherwise use Warp Strike for the breaks and then Raging Fist if you don't have enough MP for Point-Blank Warp Strike.

The boss rotation is pretty consistent apart from the random MP drain in his Fire/normal attack spam turns:

Turn 1 --> Fire/Normal Attack spam
Turn 2 --> Fire/Normal Attack spam
Turn 3 --> Firaga x2, Silencega
Turn 4 --> Sleepga, Shell, Protect, Firaga, Normal Attack (doesn't wake you up if you're asleep for some reason), Dispelga
Turn 5 --> Fire/Normal Attack spam
Turn 6 --> Fear (MP drain), Fire/Normal Attack spam
Turn 7 --> Fire/Normal Attack spam

I have seen him use Fear on turns 1, 2, 5, and 7, in addition to the guaranteed Fear on turn 6. It's uncommon but it does happen, maybe once every 4-5 runs on average, and it's pretty lovely. The worst was when he used it on Turn 2, since for my non-sleep immune Noctis it means I can't really recover in time before I get put to sleep and it wastes a potential Point-Blank Warp Strike. I guess that's what I get for not grabbing at least one Cowl.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 23, 2018

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Since you can just escape from the battles prior to the boss (and the non-bonus mobs only drop 1 flower), isn't that an easier way of handling it?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Nephrite posted:

Since you can just escape from the battles prior to the boss (and the non-bonus mobs only drop 1 flower), isn't that an easier way of handling it?

Wait, seriously? I did not know they only dropped 1 flower! JFC

Edit: welp! That's really silly and great! Here's my revised Noctis strat then,

Encounters 1-4 (non-bonus) --- All units except your Escape unit attack something to generate LB, then use Escape (materia or those escape shoes you get in the story).

Boss --- Larsa(s) use Entrust on Noctis, then Noctis does Warp Strike --> Point-Blank Warp Strike --> Use LB --> Point-Blank Warp Strike --> boss dead.

Should be a pretty consistent 4th turn Clear on the boss!

Edit 2: Do not help Noctis with the boss in any way, otherwise the boss will use its Dispelga turn much earlier and start up the whole MP drain bullshit. He only starts doing the Silencega/Sleepga/Fear rotation once he hits <50%. Just give him LB and try to stay out of his way, don't accidentally chain with him.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 23, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Scrublord Prime posted:

a big dumb post

Just as an addendum to this: I completely forgot that enhanced T.Terra already has innate 30% fire resistance so that and the Dragon Shield already gives her enough fire resistance to hit 100% with Ifrit.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Dailied REM. gently caress you game.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I wasn't crazy about Rem when I pulled her but she's really strong after she's enhanced.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Did a 10+1 because I'm a fool.

Bunch of 3* trash and four Drace.

:sigh:

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

I pulled Cloud today... on JP, which is great since my Hyou is still basically naked.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Daily pull was gold, turned to rainbow, got excited because I would be thrilled to land Basch (or Balthier wouldn't be bad either)

Seabreeze Dark Fina

Oof.

Nice TM but still. Its pretty sad how "bad" DF/SDF are now compared to some 4 and even a 3 star base (Shantotto tornado chaining) characters. Both already have their enhancements as well so no hope there.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’ve had the opposite. TTerra #2 2 days ago for the daily. Yesterday I decided to throw in 4 tickets just to get me back down to an even number.

4* ticket #1 goes blue - rainbow: Noctis #2

Fair enough, Gumi. I’ll stick throw the others in the bin for my Noctis.

Regular ticket - Larsa
Regular ticket 2 - rainbow - Basch
Ticket 3 - Larsa again.

Daily today was Knight Delita

So now I can make an insane Provoke tank out of Noel and easily make a decently high hp/spr full dodge tank (among other uses for 2 rings).

And I have a good source of lightning imperil (one of my few weaknesses in my roster at this point - imperils other than ice and dark)

Ugato fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 23, 2018

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

By the way, I have a weird problem in the JP version. I'm trying to turn one of my pink cat units into an Awakening Crystal, I know she has a 7* form but the game is just not letting me do it. I stripped off all her weapons/armor/materia, made sure she wasn't in a party, forced the game to save and then logged off/in, but she's still greyed out with some red Japanese script saying what I can only imagine is "No you can't do that".

I have a couple other 5*s with the same issue, like Santa Roselia and the Dragon Quest blue beetle demon guy. But the Dragon Quest lion guy is just fine?

Edit: I found out why, they were still in one of my Arena parties :downs:

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 23, 2018

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Ugato posted:

I’ve had the opposite. TTerra #2 2 days ago for the daily. Yesterday I decided to throw in 4 tickets just to get me back down to an even number.

4* ticket #1 goes blue - rainbow: Noctis #2

Fair enough, Gumi. I’ll stick throw the others in the bin for my Noctis.

Regular ticket - Larsa
Regular ticket 2 - rainbow - Basch
Ticket 3 - Larsa again.

Daily today was Knight Delita

So now I can make an insane Provoke tank out of Noel and easily make a decently high hp/spr full dodge tank (among other uses for 2 rings).

And I have a good source of lightning imperil (one of my few weaknesses in my roster at this point - imperils other than ice and dark)

I would bet you skew into the 90th percentile of rainbows/pulls (:argh:)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
meanwhile I spent all my lapis (20k) and tickets (seven 4*s, 15-20 normal) on this banner because I needed a magic cover tank.

I didn't even get a rainbow.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

meanwhile I spent all my lapis (20k) and tickets (seven 4*s, 15-20 normal) on this banner because I needed a magic cover tank.

what up mystea-less buddy
fed every ticket from the event back into it. got 4 onbanner golds and none of them were drace.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So Aileen finally got a base 5* chainer that can work with her for 10 mans. Its Lenneth, who's heavily focused around TDH, whose TMR is dark element and who can't double up on the same ability twice with her triple attacks, which makes her useless for a dual wielding Aileen. Also Aileen has to use her own TMR if she wants to go TDH route which means she cant elemental chain with Lenneth if Lenneth is using her TMR or STMR. She has to use a copy of Aileens own TMR to make it work.

Its a drat shame too because Lenneth would have been a great partner given that she can finish her own chains. Anyways, her mechanics are cool but she can only work best with a copy of herself.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 24, 2018

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
Speaking of Lenneth, I... rolled 4 of her off the step up gacha on JP. Her super trust mastery weapon is a fairly lackluster 2-handed bow, I'm leaning towards just making 2 7 stars and self chaining with her for most content. Does that sound like the best way to go? I'm not macroing but I have a bit of doublehand gear right now, not enough to fully equip two Lenneths but probably enough for one good Lenneth with the other pulling chainer duty.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Her STMR is the best weapon she can equip. It all depends if you'll have enough friends to chain with you.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Dana Crysalis posted:

If you ever need a Basch or Ms. Tea shared, hit me up on Discord.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Tengames posted:

what up mystea-less buddy
fed every ticket from the event back into it. got 4 onbanner golds and none of them were drace.

Whenever we get Unit of Choice I'll probably have to spend it on Basch just to compete in the magic cover necessities. Or on getting an actual 7* preparation worth using.

BDawg posted:

If you ever need a Basch or Ms. Tea shared, hit me up on Discord.

Unfortunately since I have crap for phys attackers I generally have to take a phys damage friend and just pray.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Ubiquitus posted:

Dailied REM. gently caress you game.

Rem is cool and good post-enhancements.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Rem is cool and good post-enhancements.

She hasn't been enhanced yet right?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ubiquitus posted:

She was part of Batch 9, where the Big Stars were Orlandeau, WOL, and WKNoel.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ubiquitus posted:

she did, and she got much better enchancements then what JP gave her.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So Aileen finally got a base 5* chainer that can work with her for 10 mans. Its Lenneth, who's heavily focused around TDH, whose TMR is dark element and who can't double up on the same ability twice with her triple attacks, which makes her useless for a dual wielding Aileen. Also Aileen has to use her own TMR if she wants to go TDH route which means she cant elemental chain with Lenneth if Lenneth is using her TMR or STMR. She has to use a copy of Aileens own TMR to make it work.

Its a drat shame too because Lenneth would have been a great partner given that she can finish her own chains. Anyways, her mechanics are cool but she can only work best with a copy of herself.

How's Arngrim, he's literally the only character I care about from that banner.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I also want to know about Arngrim, to see how they suddenly made him good enough to be a 5*.

:colbert:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

How's Arngrim, he's literally the only character I care about from that banner.

A tdh finisher who has can use 3 abilities in a row, which seems detrimental to being a finisher as you want all that damage as a single hit at the end of a chain.
Freya seems to have the same issue as Lenneth, but she has a gigantic 3000% 1hit finisher for a limit break, with an equally gigantic 40 limit cost. If youre using her you're probably bringing along someone with entrust.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I also want to know about Arngrim, to see how they suddenly made him good enough to be a 5*.

:colbert:

They mistook him for Guts from Berserk.

• Locked thread