Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Veritas posted:

So if the GE goes live during the day, anyone down for grinding out some GE bux? i'm off tomorrow, probably gonna settle in for some lexington runs and farm till i can't take it anymore.
PS4: Mando250

I'll probably take the afternoon off, so we can grind :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'll probably take the afternoon off, so we can grind :grin:

I'm off tomorrow too. Probably going to hop on as early as I can to spend my stored bucks.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I have to work but I'll definitely be on in the evening and have a Classy Sentrys Call/MDR/Heel build ready to go

Only things I care about are the masks and AlphaBridge really

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Roman posted:

I have to work but I'll definitely be on in the evening and have a Classy Sentrys Call/MDR/Heel build ready to go

Only things I care about are the masks and AlphaBridge really
Yeah, Firecrest doesn't really get exciting for me after the third piece bonus, and the 4th piece bonus for Tacticians, which means Barrets Chest, Relentless/Inventive backpacks are still a goer ( and maybe Ferro's mask with Firecrest for flavour or just so I stop setting myself on fire with the incendiary seekers ) or perfect for a hybrid ninjabag set. Alphabridge looks like another solid solo set, and lol Hunter's Faith get in the bin.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So after seeing my stock of Directive Intel slowly tick down the past couple of weeks, is the only reliable way to get more to run Underground without any directives active? The dailies always seem to take more to run than they reward.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Is there any reason I couldn’t share a classy DFNC Chest I picked up off an agent group we stomped? After extract it didn’t even have the share icon!

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Is there any reason I couldn’t share a classy DFNC Chest I picked up off an agent group we stomped? After extract it didn’t even have the share icon!

You can’t share items dropped by dead agents. You might be able to share items picked up from dead group members but I can’t remember.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Expecting lots of feedback regarding D3 and Ambush before I get home. :colbert:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Brine posted:

You can’t share items dropped by dead agents. You might be able to share items picked up from dead group members but I can’t remember.

How in the hell is this the first time I’ve bumped into this?

I mean I’m mostly a solo dz guy and when I’m a bad boy it’s almost always solo and the odds of a squad dropping classy pieces is pretty low if they are not on the rope, I guess this actually makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 23, 2018

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Reminder the Ambush Global Event starts today.
Helpful hint: Cover-to-cover moves do not count as movement and won't remove the damage buff from being stationary.

Roman posted:

The next Global Event will be Ambush on January 23.

Modifiers:
Ambush: Agents deal increased damage while stationary. (always active)
Covert Ambush: Ambush behavior, plus damage and health dimishes while moving.
Strategic Ambush: Covert Ambush behavior, plus Damage Buff, then health, diminish when close to other teammates.

When players are stationary during Ambush a bar will fill, increasing damage output as it does so. Choose when to move and when to stay and fight!
When a Covert or Strategic Ambush is active the increased damage bar will drain with movement. Once empty, the player will start to lose health instead of damage!
Commendations:
There will be Commendations similar to the Strike GE, instead of Security Wing Skills you'll have to run the Missions with Tech Wing Skills only.

Classified Gear Sets:
AlphaBridge
FireCrest
Hunter’s Faith
Tactician’s Authority

Playlist:
Broadway Emporium
Police Academy
Queens Tunnel Camp
Times Square
Dragons Nest

Masks: https://imgur.com/a/AaPie

Roman fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jan 23, 2018

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

Helpful hint: Cover-to-cover moves do not count as movement and won't remove the damage buff from being stationary.

[Tim the toolman Taylor noise]

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

What are the commendations to get the masks?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Tim the toolman Taylor noise]
Yeah, I tried it this morning. Damage bar didn't go down. I think moving along cover doesn't remove it either

Jose Oquendo posted:

What are the commendations to get the masks?

Motion Blur (Bug Mask)

Kill 100 enemies while moving

Personal Space (Haze Mask)

Kill 250 enemies whilst near an ally in Strategic Ambush.
World Tier 5
Hard difficulty (or above)
Strategic Ambush

Statuesque (Cage Mask)

Kill 400 enemies while stationary
World Tier 5
Hard difficulty (or above)

Roman fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jan 23, 2018

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
So you get the haze mask by trolling your teammates.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'm confused on Strategic Ambush. Does that mean your damage bar and health diminish when close to teammates even when in cover or stationary?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm confused on Strategic Ambush. Does that mean your damage bar and health diminish when close to teammates even when in cover or stationary?

Sounds like the damage bar will decrease and then health will.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Well I broke Lexington Event Center because I killed Barrett's lieutenant before the objective appeared so I had to kill myself with my BFB. Good times.

Edit: Also, moving while in cover won't lower the damage meter.

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 23, 2018

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

HiriseSoftware posted:

Well I broke Lexington Event Center because I killed Barrett's lieutenant before the objective appeared so I had to kill myself with my BFB. Good times.

That happens a lot on global events.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
Well I opened my initial six caches with my carry over credits and nabbed ten classy pieces, no dupes. Off to a good start.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I got seven out of my six caches but four were HF masks. I’m 2/6 on FC and have a really good AB chest though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh loving hell, credits carry over?

And uh, I think having a shield up considers you in cover. My damage Buff bar does not decrease...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh loving hell, credits carry over?

And uh, I think having a shield up considers you in cover. My damage Buff bar does not decrease...

Oh boy I sure hope so!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yo, survival is loving LIT with this modifier lmao

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Oh, if anyone missed the free poo poo they handed out during their 1.8 release Twitch stream, they're doing it again right now. Same skins.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Oh, if anyone missed the free poo poo they handed out during their 1.8 release Twitch stream, they're doing it again right now. Same skins.
They're running for the whole week, working out the bugs so they can expand on it next time.

Also a Live team guy is taking feedback on adding more Divtech sources.

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/955821374370734082

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Adding divtech to daily assignments isn't a bad idea. I have zero reason to do them, so adding that would give me (and other players) reason to log in every day and knock them out.

JackOfferman
Jan 31, 2015

Roman posted:

They're running for the whole week, working out the bugs so they can expand on it next time.

Higby is a hero and an awesome dev. The changes he has made have been awesome.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Isn't he the guy that introduced the loot boxes to The Division?

JackOfferman
Jan 31, 2015

Jose Oquendo posted:

Isn't he the guy that introduced the loot boxes to The Division?

No idea. I know him as the former creative director from Planetside 2. He never got to make the changes he wanted because Smedley had the final call. Loot boxes would have been inevitable for this game anyway. The game has to have some sort of monetization to keep it afloat. Even if its just a few whales keeping some money coming in it shows that there is still interest. I am extremely happy that I can just collect fragments and get them for free if I care about cosmetics. The directive/commendations could be fleshed out so I could make my e-peen feel just the slightest bit bigger.

The only cosmetic you should care for is the Rose Jacket and "cute pose" emote.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I've hung out with Higby at E3, he's a cool dude that actually plays the games he works on and gives a poo poo if people are having a good time. SOE treated him like poo poo, sadly.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

i feel like 10 would be good

25 is too much

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
^higby read this please, im not going on twitter

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I don't know, maybe make it 5 for ALL assignments? 2 LZ dailies, 1 DZ daily, 1 Survival daily, 2 underground dailies, 1 regular weekly, 1 survival weekly, 1 underground weekly, 1 Challenging mission, 2 Hard missions. That'd be 45 a day if have the DLC and do them all, plus some extra for the weeklies, but you aren't going to miss out on nearly as much if you don't have the DLC or don't go into the DZ or whatever.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

25 is great. That's two optimizations a day; I have trouble getting enough playtime to routinely optimize one piece, much less all the other pieces I'm running with. If I dedicate myself to just running DivTech stuff over and over I'm going to burn out.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

25 is great. That's two optimizations a day; I have trouble getting enough playtime to routinely optimize one piece, much less all the other pieces I'm running with. If I dedicate myself to just running DivTech stuff over and over I'm going to burn out.

I think that's Higby's reasoning too.

edit: I think those are always tough decisions to make. Casual players shouldn't be punished because they can't play 5 hours a day but the poopsockers should also get something too.

I wouldn't mind stupid expensive vendor caches with Div Tech.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 23, 2018

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
25 would be perfect, yeah. Poopsockers can just see that as a bonus more casual players can boost their gear a little more frequently.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
My worry is that people will stop going into the DZ for divtech. Which they will if the dailies give 25.

The dz is in a great spot right now, everyone isn’t the same checkpoint hovering 1v1 pvp shithead, they’re farming for stuff, trying for manhunts, doing boss runs, etc.

The DZ needs PvE types to stay healthy and interesting.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Maybe add extra dailies for the DZ and attach div tech to those? Potential for 100 stoll but people have to go in there for it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Dz dailies take 30 seconds, save for the extract 3 items one. People will just pop in and kill 10 purps and scram.

I dunno Maybe keeping the dz poppin isn’t a shared goal but I hope they are considering the impact.

Maybe just make WSP missions give 5 instead of 3. Div tech should be end game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
If they do it I would give the players between 8-15 div tech per daily, enough to get 1 optimization a day. But I think they'd have to increase div tech in the DZ which I'd appreciate. Possibly double the div tech from caches and div tech cases. Survival has spoiled me so I expect 2 div tech from each div tech node. :ohdear: