Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Brain tacos are pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Let's talk about something more reasonable.

Like brain-shaped sushi!

Would, while making lots of stupid zombie noises.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Semisponge posted:

Have you ever smelled formalin? It is extremely nasty. Every time I see that tub o brains the sense-memory of formalin smell just comes rushing back.

I dissected a fetal pig once and it was pink and rubbery and crumbly and I bet those brains were too.

That reminds me, I need to finish the paperwork to donate my body to the local med school...

Edit: is that liquid formalin or like a water bath? It's probably formalin, right?

I know saying this means it will probably be used against me, but animals preserved in jars probably give me the heeby jeebies more than almost anything else in the world

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

It's funny I love shrimp, but not the cocktail kind, it just doesn't taste right or have a good mouth feel to me when they are cold like that(similarly I do not like it when shrimp still have their legs on, or too much of the shell)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Semisponge posted:

Have you ever smelled formalin? It is extremely nasty. Every time I see that tub o brains the sense-memory of formalin smell just comes rushing back.

I dissected a fetal pig once and it was pink and rubbery and crumbly and I bet those brains were too.

That reminds me, I need to finish the paperwork to donate my body to the local med school...

Edit: is that liquid formalin or like a water bath? It's probably formalin, right?

If it is an abandoned hospital it would need to be something that wouldn't evaporate too quickly, or they would have found a tub of dried out brains.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

It's funny I love shrimp, but not the cocktail kind, it just doesn't taste right or have a good mouth feel to me when they are cold like that(similarly I do not like it when shrimp still have their legs on, or too much of the shell)

I loved them at one point until I discovered I was quite allergic to them, and it wasn't nerves about visiting my father post-divorce. I tried again after 30 years of abstinence. Yup, still allergic!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

The Snoo posted:

have a sip

I knew this reminded me of something:

A brawny Churchman makes a hearty meal.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That Ralph Greatorex shows up for the weirdest poo poo.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mr. Wyld is aptly named.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Samizdata posted:

I loved them at one point until I discovered I was quite allergic to them, and it wasn't nerves about visiting my father post-divorce. I tried again after 30 years of abstinence. Yup, still allergic!

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=332

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Scrambled eggs n’ brains were indeed a thing when I was growing up: Sunday breakfast fare, cooked up by Aunt Faye (or later her niece/caretaker Vergie) on a cast-iron griddle. Fatty, oily, not terribly savory, but a great complement to a massive handful of green onions fried on the griddle with it.

The brains were always Armor brand. Aunt Faye said that fresh pig brains had to be cooked just right or they’d make you sick, and Armor canned brains bypassed that necessity.

They were usually served with grits and butter, biscuits with homemade jam, and sizzled pork chops with gravy. And a poo poo ton of black coffee so thick it stuck to your lips.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Today I came into this thread thinking it would be runny corn or something that would ruin my appetite.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Prion disease is the tastiet disease.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That picture cuts off the cholesterol and sodium percentages.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Schubalts posted:

That picture cuts off the cholesterol and sodium percentages.

Whoops. For those not familiar, that's 1170% of your daily recommended intake in that one can.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I’m a little concerned by that serving size tbh. Even Aunt Faye was spreading out that can over an 18-pack carton of eggs, which served five adults and three kids.

Still not even close to health food, but just euuuggghhh at the idea of eating that whole can by yourself.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

but it's so low in calories!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I picked the wrong day to have food poisoning and read the forums.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

have a sip

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
You know what bothers me most about brain tub? Each one of those were a person with hopes and dreams and loved ones. A unique snowflake of sentience extinguished forever and left in a greasy tub :sigh:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

More I get feverish and throw up (although I had it once so bad because I didn't throw up and slept through the onset, I was incoherent.)

Oysters make the membranes at the corner of my eyes swell up and my eyes itch TERRIBLY if I don't take antihistamines first...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You know what bothers me most about brain tub? Each one of those were a person with hopes and dreams and loved ones. A unique snowflake of sentience extinguished forever and left in a greasy tub :sigh:

Worse than that, all those snowflakes lost and abandoned, all for no one to even take a sip...

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

We're all just a lump of wrinkly fat in a meat suit.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

The Snoo posted:

have a sip

This isn't getting enough love.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All right, I'll ask. Is it a reference to something, or just a smartly placed one-liner?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

gleebster posted:

This isn't getting enough love.

It's been quoted a bunch of times and is the thread title?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Pretty sure no one is leaving human brains in a tub. That's probably from a slaughterhouse of some kind. They look like cow brains rather than people brains, they're shaped weird and have different dangly bits.

Gotta get those delicious horse brains out too!

I didn't conaider until now how much of a pain in the rear end it would be to get brains out. Need some serious hardware.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 02:23 on Jan 28, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Data Graham posted:

All right, I'll ask. Is it a reference to something, or just a smartly placed one-liner?

It just really bothered someone so people keep using it.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

This, combined with that fake-strawberry flavoring and the oat crumbs, has killed me. I sit here, unable to move, unable to open my mouth, unable to lift my chin (now attached to a permanent smiling-grimace) from my chest, looking down at the keyboard in this new horrible world that exists now.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

RareAcumen posted:

It just really bothered someone so people keep using it.

It really bothered a lot of people, honestly.

Because most people don't particularly want to chug braintub.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Because most people don't particularly want to sip braintub.

:colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

I don't remember the other well-written prose about their discomfort but I'm not going to argue that it didn't bother more than one person.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

RareAcumen posted:

I don't remember the other well-written prose about their discomfort but I'm not going to argue that it didn't bother more than one person.

Very few people actually had well-written prose, but when you get tidbits like this...

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Three little words, and for the first time I literally gagged in this thread. Good job, Snoo!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I can't stop loving laughing at this. Maybe I should just go check myself back into the mental hospital because what is wrong with me

have a sip

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

On my second day of lukewarm soup and meal supplement shakes I would sip braintub just to taste something different.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RoboRodent posted:

We're all just a lump of wrinkly fat in a meat suit.

Hey hey hey, not just a lump. There's also dangly bits.

Beauty is only skin deep.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

slurp

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Facebook Aunt posted:

gently caress, stuff like this makes me feel crazy uncomfortable but it's so fascinating I can't look away. :gonk:

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

I don't actually know what PYF thread I'm in. I hope it's the food one. This thing looks like a chore to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

BallisticClipboard posted:

I don't actually know what PYF thread I'm in. I hope it's the food one. This thing looks like a chore to eat.

I'm willing to do the chores.