Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

MEMORIES OF WORDS THAT WERE SAID BY PEOPLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

50 I appreciate your commitment but some clarification on your thoughts in "normal speak" might be worthwhile for now.

yeah dont get me wrong, I just LOVE what he is doing with the character but some quick ooc chat here and there would be a big help.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah dont get me wrong, I just LOVE what he is doing with the character but some quick ooc chat here and there would be a big help.

im reading the thread person by person

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
alright so here's some reads

top scum:

rex: man that slip, i really can't get past it, and you haven't given a satisfactory explanation on why you would make a comment like that, it's really buggin me. the way you've posted this game bugs the crap outta me too

prince: even if literally no one agrees, i still see problems with his behavior on day 1 compared to day 2, especially surrounding the flips. still, not a case i'm prepared to go in on at this point

lesser scum:

chic: maybe this is just how chic plays every game but their detachment is really bothering me, especially with how they cast their last vote on me after everyone else at least gave some kind of reasoning

b-minus: this is more of a "i don't see enough to chew on" kind of thing, and i dislike the way they only seem to appear when a case is building momentum, rather than starting many themselves

MMT: we have a bit of a history, and i think it's just that our styles are incompatable, but something about you is making me suss on you, but i can't quite put it into words yet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

no worries! wonder how Juch has been doing on his cases in the meantime

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

lol efb

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hey Juchero, I actually have a question

You said earlier you were in a masonry, but you refuse to out your mason partner.

Why? I was under the impression based on people who had been talking about them that the masonries were unconfirmed. Do you have some sort of proof your mason partner is confirmed town? Something like Fiddy had for Quid, maybe?

If there's something important about that, it might be time to say something.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Monathin posted:

Hey Juchero, I actually have a question

You said earlier you were in a masonry, but you refuse to out your mason partner.

Why? I was under the impression based on people who had been talking about them that the masonries were unconfirmed. Do you have some sort of proof your mason partner is confirmed town? Something like Fiddy had for Quid, maybe?

If there's something important about that, it might be time to say something.

it's true, they could be punking me with a fake claim

but if they are who they say they are, outing them would immediately make them a target

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Juchero posted:

it's true, they could be punking me with a fake claim

but if they are who they say they are, outing them would immediately make them a target

Is there any reason you suspect this besides flavor?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Monathin posted:

Is there any reason you suspect this besides flavor?

nope, entirely flavor

if i'm right, they're bazett, the mage who gets murdered by kirei so he can use lancer

it's possible, if they die, i will become scum(which would make my power make more sense)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Juchero posted:

nope, entirely flavor

if i'm right, they're bazett, the mage who gets murdered by kirei so he can use lancer

it's possible, if they die, i will become scum(which would make my power make more sense)

Hmm.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im starting to believe it

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

So, Juchero, cards on the table, here's the problem I'm having, and what I'm thinking:

That piece of the puzzle does make -sense-, but I can't move my vote off you, and here's why.

- If you're the lunch, and we lunch you, and you're scum, we've gotten rid of a dangerous investigation-proof scum in a group that's already lost a cop, which may or may not be our only investigative role.

- If you're the lunch and we lunch you, and you're town, that removes you from play and overall weakens the position of the scum who could theoretically convert you regardless.

Either way, you'd be an optimal vote - if you're scum, we've caught a scum, if you're town, we keep you from being converted which would almost certainly put us in dire straights.

If your Master is killed and you convert to scum, that's an overall +2 scum shift in one night. Let's say that happens tomorrow night, where we're at... let's say, charitably speaking, 2/12 with a potential 3p in play instead of 3 scum. If your Master gets killed while you're alive, that goes from 2/12 to 3/11 with a possible 3p in play. If there's no 3p, there's likely 3 scum, which would turn it from 3/12 to 4/11, which is effectively mylo if I have my math right.

Either way, I don't think town can actually take the risk.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mafia Edit: My math is wrong on that, it'd be 2/11 assuming we misdunk, moving to 3/10 in the 2 scum/1 3p setup, and 3/11 to 4/10 in the 3scum/no 3p setup.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Juchero posted:

nope, entirely flavor

Natural 20 posted:

6. Flavour is flavour, you’re welcome to pursue arguments on it if you want, however, I intentionally have not made clear, when exactly in Fate Stay Night this takes place or what of the three main routes it takes place under, so it’s not a silver bullet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

nope, entirely flavor

regardless of their flavour claim, would you find your mason partner to be townie otherwise?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Juchero posted:

lesser scum:

chic: maybe this is just how chic plays every game but their detachment is really bothering me, especially with how they cast their last vote on me after everyone else at least gave some kind of reasoning

b-minus: this is more of a "i don't see enough to chew on" kind of thing, and i dislike the way they only seem to appear when a case is building momentum, rather than starting many themselves

MMT: we have a bit of a history, and i think it's just that our styles are incompatable, but something about you is making me suss on you, but i can't quite put it into words yet.

I like the quick reads you made of these three, despite the lack of backing content. I am suss on these three as well, for similarly vague reasons.

Now, KhediveRex and I have made more questionable "slipups/errors" than anyone else this game, but I'm pretty sure that has to do with our relative inexperience. The other three you've mentioned don't have that to help explain for their various styles of play:

Chic Trombone - got really upset over being called a "lurker" day one, posted up a storm of "white noise cheerleading" right before deadline, raising her postcount significantly. Lynched her mason buddy Tired Moritz on nothing but a gut feel.

B-Minus1 - wasn't really there day one until he weighed in on Tired Moritz along with Chic Trombone. Both of them I have mentally labelled as "opportunistic voters" in that the timing of their votes has felt scummy.

Murmur Twin - Kind of drifting in and out and making infrequent contributions in strange directions. Made the original vote/case on Juchero and held it there day 1, now unsure. I'd like to keep an eye on her and see what her actions do.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

50 pounds of bread posted:

im reading the thread person by person

and then whatare your thoughts? other than that strange vote on bif, you havent really said anything.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

regardless of their flavour claim, would you find your mason partner to be townie otherwise?

yeah so far they read town to me, otherwise I would have betrayed them already

if 50 can role play a loud idiot I can role play a loyal servant

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Monathin posted:

So, Juchero, cards on the table, here's the problem I'm having, and what I'm thinking:

That piece of the puzzle does make -sense-, but I can't move my vote off you, and here's why.

- If you're the lunch, and we lunch you, and you're scum, we've gotten rid of a dangerous investigation-proof scum in a group that's already lost a cop, which may or may not be our only investigative role.

- If you're the lunch and we lunch you, and you're town, that removes you from play and overall weakens the position of the scum who could theoretically convert you regardless.

Either way, you'd be an optimal vote - if you're scum, we've caught a scum, if you're town, we keep you from being converted which would almost certainly put us in dire straights.

If your Master is killed and you convert to scum, that's an overall +2 scum shift in one night. Let's say that happens tomorrow night, where we're at... let's say, charitably speaking, 2/12 with a potential 3p in play instead of 3 scum. If your Master gets killed while you're alive, that goes from 2/12 to 3/11 with a possible 3p in play. If there's no 3p, there's likely 3 scum, which would turn it from 3/12 to 4/11, which is effectively mylo if I have my math right.

Either way, I don't think town can actually take the risk.

you're not wrong, but again this could all be bullshit and the flavor might not mean anything

if you wanna vote me on that logic go ahead, I would like town to win regardless

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I really would like if you outed your mason partner before we dunk you, so we could look and collaborate your townread or decide if they're scum, if flavor doesn't mean anything, there's a chance that may put us on the right trail regardless.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GulagDolls posted:

im starting to believe it

yeah, me too actually

##unvote

I'm still kinda suss on MT next and I was hoping a Juch flip would give me a better idea what to think of her. But I like those reads he gave now. What do you think of 50 though, Juch?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

who would you guys prefer to dunk, if not juchero?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Chic Trombone posted:

who would you guys prefer to dunk, if not juchero?

you tbqh

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
as an aside for flavor:

there are two possibilities, either my mason partner is bazzet and revealing them will get them killed, potentially leading to me becoming scum

OR

they're kirei playing me, and there is no scum recruit mechanic

i don't have enough reason to suspect the latter, but they are free to reveal themselves if they would like

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

unfortunately i am a bad dunk, and also i was really asking gulag/bif since they've recently said they're considering not dunking juchero

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Juchero posted:

nope, entirely flavor

Wait what is this? Maybe it's my unfamiliarity with the flavor but how does this make sense?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

unfortunately i am a bad dunk, and also i was really asking gulag/bif since they've recently said they're considering not dunking juchero

BERZERKER NOT THINK BAD DUNK

BERZERKER THINK 2ND BEST DUNK

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Murmur Twin posted:

Wait what is this? Maybe it's my unfamiliarity with the flavor but how does this make sense?

bazzet was the original master of lancer in fate

then kirei cuts off her arm, steals her command seals, and leaves her for dead as he takes command of Lancer

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

yes but berzerker bad at thinking, as you admitted

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

yes but berzerker bad at thinking, as you admitted

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

wow ok there doublepost

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i know nobody's voting me yet but i'm prepared to flavor claim if you guys really want me to

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chic Trombone posted:

i know nobody's voting me yet but i'm prepared to flavor claim if you guys really want me to

flavor claim doesn't mean anything so who cares, it's obvious anyway :v:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i will be again absent for deadline, which is frustrating, but this time i will throw out a vote on my #1 top scum pick

##vote Rex

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

USING THAT POWER ON TOP READ WASTE OF POWER

THAT POWER USUALLY BAD FOR GOOD ONES

USING POWER ON ONE TO REVEAL ONLY GOOD USE

First off, I disagree with this. Are you saying that using a dayvig on a top scum suspect isn't a good way to use it? :crossarms:

Second, the whole reason I asked that question was to get you to make a strong alignment call and I feel like that was a total dodge.

OPPORTUNITY ATTACKS THERE

TUNNEL ON LITTLE GIRL

SWAP TO OTHER GOOD ONE

SEEM LIKE LOOKING FOR EASY BUT NOT TOO EASY

This still very much seems like 50 just putting opinions out there to have them on the record, and doesn't seem like someone invested in actually figuring out who the scum is.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

flavor claim doesn't mean anything so who cares, it's obvious anyway :v:

eh, fair

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

btw we have 3 and a half hours 'til deadline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Juchero posted:

bazzet was the original master of lancer in fate

then kirei cuts off her arm, steals her command seals, and leaves her for dead as he takes command of Lancer

I meant from a game perspective. Specifically if Juch is town,

If MASON = town, a role where scum can gain a number by killing the right person seems really overpowered for scum.
If MASON = scum, that would put Juch in a weird position where even if he figures out his partner's alignment, he can't use that information to help town at all.

I get that this is role madness but I don't buy that thought process at all.

Juchero posted:

i will be again absent for deadline, which is frustrating, but this time i will throw out a vote on my #1 top scum pick

##vote Rex

I'm going back to ##vote Juchero. His claim, his behavior regarding his masonry, and his reads all feel fake to me.

Chic Trombone posted:

btw we have 3 and a half hours 'til deadline

I'm leaving to go play poker but will be on my phone for deadline.

• Locked thread