Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

big nipples big life posted:

In Monster Hunter World you can catch creatures with a wrist mounted netgun and let them loose in your house. I have a pink rabbit weasel and a bunch of goofy birds in my room.

Also everyone should buy MHW.

Wait you come up in here hyping MHW and it's not even out for PC yet? I haven't had a god drat console since the Playstation. Yeah that's right, the one that didn't even have a number.

I mean poo poo I'd rather delete my steam account than use my loving thumbs to play video games. I don't even use them for the motherfuckin' SPACE BAR.

God drat I'm great.

Toops fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

I'm helping

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!

AlbieQuirky posted:

I think no loving Ayn Rand would be the most appropriate, but what do I know?

Chrislopher Roark posted:

“Throughout the decades there were manchildren who took first steps down new spaceroads armed with nothing but their own dreams. Their dreams were unified by Chris Roberts: that the movie and/or game was first, the engine new, the fidelity unborrowed, and the response they received — hatred. The great CIG: the dreamers, the artists, the mocap actors, the community managers; stood alone against the goons of their time. Every great new dream was opposed. Every great new jpeg was denounced. The first sand worm was considered foolish. The tank was considered impossible. The local physics grid was considered vicious. Refunding was considered sinful. But the men of unborrowed dreams went ahead. They dreamt, they handwaved and they were paid. But they paarped."

AbsoluteLlama fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 1, 2018

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Mangoose posted:

Went through my inbox and found a bunch of unredeemed Humble Bundle games that have just been sitting there because I already owned them when I bought the bundles.

Ziggurat
Kentucky Route Zero
The Stanley Parable
Grim Fandango Remastered

Pretty awesome games if you ask me. I'm giving them away for free, obviously, and it's been a few months so I hope they still work. I don't know if there's a time limit on that poo poo. Anyway, just say which one you want and I'll PM you the link/code.

I'd like The Stanley Parable if available. Please and thank you.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Monster Hunter world is cool, it's like a slog to get through all these cutscenes

Killing a monster takes insane amounts of time

Dark souls has better combat

All the weapons are kinda dumb tbh

It's good as hell

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

his nibs posted:

I'm helping

I leave you alone for five minutes...

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 1, 2018

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I leave you alone for five minutes...

:glomp:

Bumbler
Dec 17, 2005

I like the idea that Star Citizen is being designed from the ground up for VR, despite the fact that the devs cannot actually go into VR to test it out. I really hope they do activate VR at some point just to see the clusterfuck.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Lotta people saying nasty things about the chode whisperer in here.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
I like the idea that Star Citizen is being designed from the ground up for VR, despite the fact the few core mechanics shown are the literal opposite of established do's and don'ts of VR design and how they are years into doubling down on them

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

Wait you come up in here hyping MHW and it's not even out for PC yet? I haven't had a god drat console since the Playstation. Yeah that's right, the one that didn't even have a number.

I mean poo poo I'd rather delete my steam account than use my loving thumbs to play video games. I don't even use them for the motherfuckin' SPACE BAR.

God drat I'm great.

Nice meltdown ;)

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
As per request. Not one of my best but that Mr the Montoya really grinds my gears.

Thoatse posted:

Galorox or anyone still taking ps requests?

...could be bunnyman or some other start citizen misfit or just give him the accoutrements of a backer... fedora/vape/no girls allowed! posters/sycophantic portraits/etc

BACKERMAN:

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
is anyone here from montreal? im moving there in a month or so and i need to know if its chill or not

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfnXEWWqB_Q&t=30s

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

zcrow posted:

is anyone here from montreal? im moving there in a month or so and i need to know if its chill or not

I can help: I think Montreal is in Canada, or possibly Alaska. Hope that helps :)

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!

Thoatse posted:

I like the idea that Star Citizen is being designed from the ground up for VR, despite the fact the few core mechanics shown are the literal opposite of established do's and don'ts of VR design and how they are years into doubling down on them

But... Croberts is a visionary that doesn't need to care about industry standards. He was dreaming about VR in Star Citizen before anybody else even dreamt of VR.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Galarox posted:

As per request. Not one of my best but that Mr the Montoya really grinds my gears.

:laffo: it's perfect

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

zcrow posted:

Not to be a debbie downer or anything, but isn't that a question for before you decided to move there?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Did we call Derek out on archering goon artwork in his blog yet?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

zcrow posted:

It's chill indeed. Are you chill?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Someone bought a CS:GO skin for 61 thousand dollars....

CiG, step up your gameDemo!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/30/16952248/counter-strike-global-offensive-dragon-lore-skadoodle-skin-sale-opskins

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/PTaGW4G.gifv

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Chalks posted:

Hey moma, how are the crypto currencies treating you on this fine day?

Don't you know? Everyone who has ever bought bitcoin bought at $100 and nobody every bought or sold above that so he's still up.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

his nibs posted:

Not to be a debbie downer or anything, but isn't that a question for before you decided to move there?

nah. i need to gtfo the uk. gently caress. this. place. work is sending me to run a studio in montreal, vfx not games.

shocking fact, did you know. the UK is where chris roberts is from. disgusting, i know.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

doggiatsu massage

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

zcrow posted:

nah. i need to gtfo the uk. gently caress. this. place. work is sending me to run a studio in montreal, vfx not games.

shocking fact, did you know. the UK is where chris roberts is from. disgusting, i know.

Counter argument - Erris and Strangle Man Wtfosaurus are in Canada

zcrow
May 6, 2014

his nibs posted:

Counter argument - Erris and Strangle Man Wtfosaurus are in Canada

ah well gently caress. guess i'll have to go someplace else.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

VictorianQueerLit posted:

"You know how someone just made up some poo poo that was contrary to the other poo poo we made up which also didn't make sense in the first place if you looked at anything else we made up? Well get ready for us to completely change the poo poo we just made up that you didn't like by making up some poo poo that you will like.

No, this isn't an indication that we have no idea what any of this would actually be. Why would you think that?

Your assertion that the state of the game is so tenuous we can just make wildly conflicting statements about core mechanics in a short period of time based on whatever the person speaking thinks would be the best idea at the time of the question is false. What motive would we have for telling our customers that have given us $170,000,000 what they want to hear."

Backers will eat this poo poo up because they need to believe it. I call it "Autist's Razor." It's the exact opposite of Occam's Razor and you need to make as many assumptions as possible to prove the outcome you've chosen to believe.

Auccam's Razer

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Word. I was just going to say the same.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 1, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

zcrow posted:

Jobbo of the Eternal Probation posted:

Great i cant help that guy asking about Montreal
rear end in a top hat, please keep my probates to sleeping hours, tia

Someone post that Montreal is nice, friendly enough to non-french speakers, and has a great night life/music scene. Tech and game companies abound, and try all the food you can. Apologies to your waist line in advance.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Thoatse posted:

CR has spoken it so it shall be done. A shitizen actually basic said that to me. like ist that a movie quote - it is written so it shall be done or some poo poo?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

zcrow posted:

its a cold place. but not dull.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/ITQ4phE.gifv

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

so close to quoting a giant wall of text but this is so calming.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
YOUTUBE: Around The Verse - Frankfurt

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Toops posted:

Bitcoin, VR, and Star Citizen.

One more dipshit nerd honeypot and we can call them “the four horsemen of the spergpocalypse.”

If you’ve spent money on any of those things, please hit yourself in the face with a dinner plate.

lol nice. Post of the year so far for this thread.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Does cardboard count as vr? Cos I've messed around with some 3d sphere pics and it's kinda cool for a bit, if lacking in fidelitu

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Living in Montreal is my dream. Great foods, good music, stuff to do. It does get cold as gently caress, but so does where I live.

Sadly, my husband doesn't speak French.:sigh:

Def learn French if you want to sleep with super hot Montrealien/nes, but you can certainly get around the city without.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Galarox posted:

Don't sell yourself short. It's a piece of art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

Lol, how long has that bug been around? Just like all the rest of them.

Not a surprise though. Imagine if the PU was playable. Even just 1% of CiG's customer base would bankrupt them with server costs.

~1GB per hour * 20,000 players. 400 servers.

Guys, Chris is actually a genius. His staff want to make a game but he knows better than that.