Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hm, understandable.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Let's lynch a scum today please.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I have a lot of thoughts running through my head right now due to the resolution (or lack thereof) of my night ability. I'm probably not going to post anymore tonight, but I will be engaged and back in the fold tomorrow.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I will explain more tomorrow.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
How is tobbs still alive. What the heck lol

##vote Tobbs, unless someone cleared him in the 4 pages I've yet to read, p. Sure he's lying scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
That out the gate flavor miller claim then reinforcing what the mod has already established seems like an easy crutch for scum to rely on.

Esp. With all the discussion of flavor.

"Flavour is flavour, you’re welcome to pursue arguments on it if you want, however, I intentionally have not made clear, when exactly in Fate Stay Night this takes place or what of the three main routes it takes place under, so it’s not a silver bullet."

Flavour is flavour.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

How is tobbs still alive. What the heck lol

##vote Tobbs, unless someone cleared him in the 4 pages I've yet to read, p. Sure he's lying scum.

Wrong, but I thought chic was scum too. Good to see you come out of the gates with the fakest case. I guess this is what scum decided to push today?

##vote AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Fake Tobbs Point 1

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

There were like 2-3 votes on Bif I think. Not super concerning but still like ehhhh let's not accidentally turbo someone without noticing.

This was in regard to Monathins obvious joke vote from day 1. There was no way you and MMT read Mona' s post and thought they were serious...

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

That out the gate flavor miller claim then reinforcing what the mod has already established seems like an easy crutch for scum to rely on.

"Flavour is flavour, you’re welcome to pursue arguments on it if you want, however, I intentionally have not made clear, when exactly in Fate Stay Night this takes place or what of the three main routes it takes place under, so it’s not a silver bullet."

Flavour is flavour.

AA i have posted that no less than 3 times but people seem hell bent on flavor solving. I was hoping my masonry partner would log in at some point tonight and talk to me because we've been making decisions together this whole game.

I'm Rider, I'm pretty sure my Masonry partner is scum. I don't want to reveal who that person is RIGHT NOW in case I'm wrong. But my masonry partner knew the action I was going to take last night and I was blocked, so this means one of three things happened:
1) My Masonry partner is scum and wanted to protect their scumbro Prince so I got role blocked
2) Prince has an ability that prevented mine from working and it was just coincidence
3) Scum managed to magically pick me out as a person to role block

I told my partner at the start that I hoped I was getting Bif'd and I think I am. All that even being said I don't feel like voting for my partner right now because I think seeing Princes flip will let me know once and for all. That being said I feel like we are getting dangerously close to LYLO.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
There are more but I'm going to drink a beer and go to bed. Phone posting sucks, my neck hurts. Will resume in the morning.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Rex is probs scum too.

Wondering about MMT since Bif was concerned with her.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

SalTheBard posted:

But my masonry partner knew the action I was going to take last night and I was blocked, so this means one of three things happened:
1) My Masonry partner is scum and wanted to protect their scumbro Prince so I got role blocked
2) Prince has an ability that prevented mine from working and it was just coincidence
3) Scum managed to magically pick me out as a person to role block

So you think your mason buddy is scum but you suspect me still anyways. And what exactly were you targeting me with last night? :raise:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Prince of Space posted:

So you think your mason buddy is scum but you suspect me still anyways. And what exactly were you targeting me with last night? :raise:

It's possible. It doesn't matter for now, there is no point in me full claiming at this point in time. I think there is a high chance that you are scum and that my masonry partner didn't want me to be able to confirm it. It's possible that I'm overly worried about getting "N20'd" like Bif did in Shine.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sal has your mason partner claimed to you

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Sal has your mason partner claimed to you

Yes / No

Knowing who Rider is a servant to I asked if they were that character and they said yes. They did not bring that info forth first. My partner also knew what my ability is.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Just did a reread of the thread.

Prince of Space's Reactions, Day 3

Here are my top scumpicks:
B-minus1 / Bazett - Opportunistic voter, successfully coasting and hanging in the background conversationally without offering much else of substance. Easily disbelieved flavor claim (could be Kirei instead of Bazett).
GulagDolls / ??? - Forceful, aggressive persona with little positive substance. Kept vote on Quidthulhu long after his cop claim. Bloodthirsty votes made on those who keep flipping town has made me question alignment. Intensely guarded about flavor.
MurmurTwin / ??? - Another disengaged background force. Hasn't really been contributing much to go off of. Guarded. Likely in an active masonry.
Anonymous Amalgam / Shirou - Inherited Chic Trombone's suspicions.

Here are my null reads:
SaltheBard / Rider - In a masonry. Suspects me almost to the exclusion of looking at any others.
50 pounds of bread / Berserker - Limited vocabulary means limited reads and content. Hopefully they will pull through with whatever night plans they make.

Here are my top townreads:
Tobbs Gnawed / Assassin - Claims actions early and often. Seems to be honest and upfront with where his suspicions lie.
Monathin / Caster - In a masonry. Writes from a town-oriented perspective. "Want to believe" town.
KhediveRex / ??? - Newbie, likely without a masonry, likely town due to slipups.
Prince of Space / Rin - Null, Selfread. Ex-mason buddies with Bifauxnen / Archer.

Anyway I'll come back to this thread in the morning. Right now I am too full of thread to continue.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Prince of Space posted:

Monathin / Caster - In a masonry. Writes from a town-oriented perspective. "Want to believe" town.

I would like to know how you came to the conclusion I was in a masonry.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Bee Men, did you do anything last night? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Nah, gently caress it... I'm not clever or smart enough to let things pan out without painting myself as scum and I have to start work in 2 minutes SOOOOO....

Still wary on Tobbs, but I have to act with some information that I neglected to reveal (actually, I just read it this morning because I subbed in while working yesterday and was getting caught up), but Chic borrowed an ability to Watch from Bif. Then Chic Watched Bif, and Bee Men was the only person to return up as having visited them.

Bee Men probably had an ability to take the NK and janitor it.

Additionally, I think Bee Men outed his scumgals:

b-minus1 posted:

well I've already given my thoughts on both of them post-flip, and don't think we are in an absolutely dire situation quite yet.

My top scumreads are Sal, monathin, Tobbs and MMT. a few thoughts:
Sal and monathin especially, for what appeared to me as an attempt to get quid lynched even after the claim. though I buy monathin's explanation more than Sal's for sure.
Tobb's "hey guys what did I miss" post after the hammer was really bad
MMT threw out an early "jokevote" for quid, then later voted for monathin, and finally kept her vote parked on Juchero for the remainder of the day. just getting a strange feeling reading her posts, overly friendly townie without committing to reads, except for that juchero vote.

going into d2, I still feel pretty good about my town read of Bif, but less confident about 50, especially given quid's death last night. Overall I feel like I'm getting a better understanding of flavor and still think it is important, but maybe not as much as I thought. I'm neutral on everyone else.

I thought Tobbs was scummy, but it's probably Sal who landed scum. Flavor talk is still garbage everyone. Please keep this in mind. Also MMT pinged me early, but Bee Men has to go for sure. Would like to see Sal go probably.

I think Chic spent her load though. So byeeee time to work.

<3

AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oh,

##vote Bee Men

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nah, gently caress it... I'm not clever or smart enough to let things pan out without painting myself as scum and I have to start work in 2 minutes SOOOOO....

Still wary on Tobbs, but I have to act with some information that I neglected to reveal (actually, I just read it this morning because I subbed in while working yesterday and was getting caught up), but Chic borrowed an ability to Watch from Bif. Then Chic Watched Bif, and Bee Men was the only person to return up as having visited them.

Bee Men probably had an ability to take the NK and janitor it.

Additionally, I think Bee Men outed his scumgals:

I thought Tobbs was scummy, but it's probably Sal who landed scum. Flavor talk is still garbage everyone. Please keep this in mind. Also MMT pinged me early, but Bee Men has to go for sure. Would like to see Sal go probably.

I think Chic spent her load though. So byeeee time to work.

<3

AA

Not me sorry :-( I do agree with you on Tobbs and potentially MMT but we'll see how things go when I look at their posts again.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote while we hear from b-minus1 about visiting the NK.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i don't have time to write up a full response to AA right this second, but I will confirm that I visited bif n1 (which should be obvious in my first couple of posts at the start of d2) and also can confirm that sal is town. i did not block him, i did not kill anyone. i cant "do" anything to anyone. actually my ability has been rendered almost completely useless at this point in the game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I think AA is saying you visited Bif N2?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

lol scum scramble in progress from the lord of bees

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

lol scum scramble in progress from the lord of bees

Yeah, not scum, and if you caught b-minus1 then I'm down to lynch a scumbo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yeah, not scum, and if you caught b-minus1 then I'm down to lynch a scumbo.

No, I meant bee is scrambling. Sorry lol.

Chic has good intuition.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Well AA is either lying or received incorrect information. I did not visit bif n2 nor did I roleblock Sal. I'm a flavor cop. each night i pick a target and learn their flavor. this is why I've been obsessed with flavor all game and why almost all of my discussions with juchero involved trying to figure out flavor, and potentially catch people using a flavor fakeclaim.

n1: Target Bif: Success! Your target is Archer.
n2: Target Sal: Success! Your target is Rider.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Well AA is either lying or received incorrect information. I did not visit bif n2 nor did I roleblock Sal. I'm a flavor cop. each night i pick a target and learn their flavor. this is why I've been obsessed with flavor all game and why almost all of my discussions with juchero involved trying to figure out flavor, and potentially catch people using a flavor fakeclaim.

Unless Chic got redirected which is unlikely given that she was fairly suspicious, this is a crock of it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Unless Chic got redirected which is unlikely given that she was fairly suspicious, this is a crock of it.

Well, it's not, but I don't blame you for thinking that. My mason partner was lynched yesterday, my n1 target died and my n2 target already flavor claimed. it couldn't get any worse for me right now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think it's far more likely that you had a janitor and now have nothing and lied about visiting Sal.

I'll have to reread MMT and Sal, but for sure, in light of Chic's contribution, you should be dunked.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Both of those were revealed in thread

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Why did you target me N2?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Guys, I'm a little suspicious of AA. To be honest.

His strongest case is definitely against b-. On the other hand he's implicating Sal, MMT, Monathin and Tobbs only because b- wrote about them as scum picks.

What's the case on those four? Especially Sal, who you emphasis in your final summary.

I personally think Sal is pretty apparently town. And I think figuring out who role blocked him and why should be a priority for us. Proposing that he's scum devalues his claim of having been stopped from investigating Prince of Space, while necessitating that Sal's claim is some sort of complicated scum gambit. I don't see it, and you haven't given me a case to work through except that b- thought Sal was scum. But you think b- is scum so, why are we following Scum's lead on Scum?

And the thing that really started me thinking was actually Tobbs. I was thrilled to hear that someone else was suspicious of him. But honestly, you're case on him at the start of the day seemed really slapped together. I reviewed it for a little while and eventually started to wonder if it was, like, playful riffing and not a real case.

The first thing I'd say is that I don't remember Tobbs trying to flavor solve or dwelling very much in flavor. If I'm wrong there feel free to correct me.

The second thing is that the Miller claim at the beginning of the game wasn't suspicious to me because it was overly convenient. It's suspicious because it ended up being fake. Tobbs claims to be the Assassin these days. And it can't have been a great crutch because he didn't get to pretend to be the Miller for very long.

There were like 2-3 votes on Bif I think. Not super concerning but still like ehhhh let's not accidentally turbo someone without noticing - Tobbs

This was in regard to Monathins obvious joke vote from day 1. There was no way you and MMT read Mona' s post and thought they were serious...

Are you proposing that Tobbs was trying to stall the vote? Halfway through D1? Why? Would that benefit scum in some way? It wasn't late enough in deadline to push for a no lunch.

Also, I've been admonished by Tobbs. He's harsh. I really don't think he was trying to give Monathin a hard time. This doesn't strike me as Tobbs reacting seriously to something important. This strikes me as Tobbs responding for the hell of it, with a pinch of "remind everyone to be polite". I'd take this whole exchange as a null read.

So, of the five cases you've put out, I think four of them are missing corresponding evidence. And your case with b- is predicated on information that we have to trust you for. I'm just a bit nervous.

By all means, let's keep grilling b-. He's been lurking under the radar and his most recent posts seem a little panicked. All that's good stuff. But I'd like to keep talking about Prince of Space too. And I'd like AA to explain his scum reads a little more deeply.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

KhediveRex posted:

His strongest case is definitely against b-. On the other hand he's implicating Sal, MMT, Monathin and Tobbs only because b- wrote about them as scum picks.

What's the case on those four? Especially Sal, who you emphasis in your final summary.

I personally think Sal is pretty apparently town. And I think figuring out who role blocked him and why should be a priority for us. Proposing that he's scum devalues his claim of having been stopped from investigating Prince of Space, while necessitating that Sal's claim is some sort of complicated scum gambit. I don't see it, and you haven't given me a case to work through except that b- thought Sal was scum. But you think b- is scum so, why are we following Scum's lead on Scum?

And the thing that really started me thinking was actually Tobbs. I was thrilled to hear that someone else was suspicious of him. But honestly, you're case on him at the start of the day seemed really slapped together. I reviewed it for a little while and eventually started to wonder if it was, like, playful riffing and not a real case.

The first thing I'd say is that I don't remember Tobbs trying to flavor solve or dwelling very much in flavor. If I'm wrong there feel free to correct me.

The second thing is that the Miller claim at the beginning of the game wasn't suspicious to me because it was overly convenient. It's suspicious because it ended up being fake. Tobbs claims to be the Assassin these days. And it can't have been a great crutch because he didn't get to pretend to be the Miller for very long.

Are you proposing that Tobbs was trying to stall the vote? Halfway through D1? Why? Would that benefit scum in some way? It wasn't late enough in deadline to push for a no lunch.

Also, I've been admonished by Tobbs. He's harsh. I really don't think he was trying to give Monathin a hard time. This doesn't strike me as Tobbs reacting seriously to something important. This strikes me as Tobbs responding for the hell of it, with a pinch of "remind everyone to be polite". I'd take this whole exchange as a null read.

So, of the five cases you've put out, I think four of them are missing corresponding evidence. And your case with b- is predicated on information that we have to trust you for. I'm just a bit nervous.

By all means, let's keep grilling b-. He's been lurking under the radar and his most recent posts seem a little panicked. All that's good stuff. But I'd like to keep talking about Prince of Space too. And I'd like AA to explain his scum reads a little more deeply.

No, Tobbs and MMT were taking Monathin's obvious joke seriously. That was the whole point to the bottom point. How you can take what MMT and Tobbs said to Monathin's very obvious joke on pg. 2 of the game as null????

I'll address the other things as time permits, anyhow I backed off of Tobbs. Wary, but like I said, I need to reread Sal and MMT.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
## vote b-

I think you are 100% full of it. Now that I don't trust my masonry partner I'm going with my gut.

Top 3:
B-
Prince
AA / Chic

I'm fine with any combo of the above.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

## vote b-

I think you are 100% full of it. Now that I don't trust my masonry partner I'm going with my gut.

Top 3:
B-
Prince
AA / Chic

I'm fine with any combo of the above.

In what world, would I brazenly and openly out my scum partner. Like how can I be listed with B- when you are voting him given the evidence I provided from Chic????

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

In what world, would I brazenly and openly out my scum partner. Like how can I be listed with B- when you are voting him given the evidence I provided from Chic????

I'm sorry I'm tired I meant MMT. I've been up since 4am watching Altered Carbon.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

KhediveRex posted:

You did seem to ignore this post though. I would like to hear your reactions to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

Why did you target me N2?

SalTheBard posted:

Both of those were revealed in thread
Since I am innocent of this crime, sir, I find it decidedly inconvenient that both of those were revealed in the thread.

I've been suspicious of you ever since you attempted to get quid lynched after he claimed cop. you hadn't revealed your flavor and I was hoping to force you to flavor claim at the start of d3. Imagine my frustration when I saw that not only did my n1 flavor cop die, but you beat me to the punch by claiming.

• Locked thread