Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Hav posted:

Do not listen to this man. He believes in Roberts.

Gotta have faith.

edit: NO TAXXE SUCK IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ManofManyAliases posted:

Gotta have faith.

Why?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ManofManyAliases posted:

Gotta have faith.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

TheAgent posted:

"I'm almost there," Ortwin pants, clutching his hard cock and the right side of his legal pad. "I can't help it."

"Think of your blonde, big-titted ex-wife, Orttie," Jared delicately whispers into his ear. "Wasn't she successful? Didn't she challenge you? Wasn't she one of the only female directors in Hollywood?"

Ortwin relaxes. The sweat on his brow fades, his face calmer, more serene. "Thank you, Jared. Thank you."

"Don't worry, buddy. We'll win this."

Jared glances over at the plaintiff's table.

"Just let me finish!" Derek Smart screams. "Just let me loving finish!"

these are some real good posts ^^^^

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Another Mister Rogers taxxe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upm9LnuCBUM

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
y'ins need to learn to post more like TheAgent use your imaginations

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ok, honestly? I thoroughly enjoy this genre, and there isn't quite anything out there like what SC aims to accomplish. Yes - we have Eve, Stellaris, Homeworld, Kerbal, E:D, etc, but none of them give you the sandbox, open-world, mmo feel that SC will. It's niche, but something I (and apparently, over a million others) wanted.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ok, honestly? I thoroughly enjoy this genre, and there isn't quite anything out there like what SC aims to accomplish. Yes - we have Eve, Stellaris, Homeworld, Kerbal, E:D, etc, but none of them give you the sandbox, open-world, mmo feel that SC will. It's niche, but something I (and apparently, over a million others) wanted.

Don't you want to go into the water, Morty?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

Gotta have faith? It's a space ship video game. Why does faith come into it? They either make it, or they don't.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Make a kickstarter for a video game in 2012 where the space ships fly around.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ManofManyAliases posted:

Imagine being MoMA and looking at Stellaris and Homeworld and crying that they're not 'what SC aims to accomplish'.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

ManofManyAliases posted:

OK which MoMA is using the account tonight?
The psychotic one-eyed Quasimodo one or the suave monocle-wearing top-hat moustachioed evil villain?

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Dogeh posted:

OK which MoMA is using the account tonight?
The psychotic one-eyed Quasimodo one or the suave monocle-wearing top-hat moustachioed evil villain?

The one who forget that SomethingJones owned them so hard it crossed the borders of time and space.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Thread gets super creepy when it starts talking 'bout dicks.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Thread gets super creepy when it starts talking 'bout dicks.

No need to be a dick about it.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

It's at the heart of what makes us gay.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Can't be a dead gay comedy forum with out it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

XK posted:

Gotta have faith? It's a space ship video game. Why does faith come into it? They either make it, or they don't.
You have to have faith because there's no proof.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Milky Moor posted:

Imagine being MoMA and looking at Stellaris and Homeworld and crying that they're not 'what SC aims to accomplish'.
They actually released, so he's right on that front.

Also, you can't compare Stellaris to SC, it actually has more than one star system.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Gotta have faith.

Wow Moma, I'd usually go to bat for as one of the more sane posters in this thread, but no taxxe is bad, bad form sir.

I demand at least a thumbnail of a catte.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

Gotta have faith.

This should be punishable by doxxing.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's niche, but something I (and apparently, over a million others) wanted.
Is it possible that what is wanted by millions of nerds is not, in fact, a discrete and explicit set of game mechanics, but an impossible imaginary world where all their wildest dreams will come true?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I demand at least a thumbnail of a catte.

with nail polish?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mjotto posted:

Not being native in English might really gently caress up my understanding and comprehensive reading skills, but let's see if I can get it right. Here goes:

According to big nipples big life I have to post a taxxe that Beet can take for a meme to give him the chance to make me more trustworthy. Or at least make me appear more trustworthy. In any case, according to Dogeh I will then lose my virginity on a rapsheet. That not-taxxe-but-meme-post then will be quoted by Zzr and by his nibs; the latter by doing so restoring my insanity (didn't notice it gone missing to be honest, maybe the taxxe-cat took it?). The former will then also quote my not-taxxe-but-meme-post in order to do Scruffpuff's back a favor since he (Scruffpuff that is) is on mobile (I assume not like how Streetroller is on mobile). For doing these kind of harsh-butt favors, Zzr also gets probated by Beet. One does wonder if Zzr needed more virgin trustworthyness on his rapsheet? Anyhow, to top it all off, Bofast posted a mobile-taxxe from a meme-cat, and got probated too, which all did not lead to an earlier avalanche of mostly not-taxxe-memes starting way, way, way back before my post because Beet was on a yearly 'release all the memes' Superbowl party. And then MoMa stopped by to complain that this thread has made his bitcoins tank like CIG and then turned them into memes-taxxe cats that he now can't pay the food for (probably since he spend his remaining bitcoins on the not yet announced mining vehicles).

But now intardnation is also quoting my not-taxxe-but-meme-post without getting probated. Does that mean he still has his virginity? Or did I get something wrong? If that is the case, maybe I should try with another taxxe post? Boy, being new at Something Red really sucks. It's so (diffi)cult.

Oh well...

BTW, is now the moment where I ask Beet - who apparently is not Toast - if he has read a blog yet that says that Derek still has not released Chris' game because Ben and Sandi have to get married first in order not to save her non-existing actress career? Or is that more like an Awful Dit forumpost?

Probably, though I'm still trying to decipher Beet's probation message.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

Whanker.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:golfclap:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

This is good for Star Citizen

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

mfw I'm loving retarded and have to have blind faith in a living thumb accomplishing one of the most complex sets of requirements to fulfill a literal dream game that I write about cause I'm some sort of turbonerd, except even dumber. In 7 years of work CIG has come nowhere near their end goal and even conservative estimates would place their gold release being closer to, if not after 2020. Meanwhile, other companies have or are building games that do some, most, or all that Star Citizen is claiming it does.

Keep in mind the "does" portion, because my high-functioning 200IQ brain that subsists on dreams, lovely salads, and endangered animals keeps forcing me to say poo poo like "CIG is building the game of my dreams and has all these things included!" except it loving doesn't and most of the features that would make it "complete" are months, if not years, off of their initial implementation. I have to force myself to forget that games like Starpoint Gemini, X 4 Foundations, Kerbal Space Program, EVE, Rebel Galaxy, either don't exist or can't fulfill every last one of my impossible demands, and which Star Citizen is no closer to it either.

But I'm sure Star Citizen will get there, eventually. There's no reason to believe that the constant incompetence shown through their forums, twitter, and various video release platforms would ever shake my faith in a videogame that has received over 180 million in funding. Anyways, guess I'll give them another thousand dollars or whatever because I want a better ship that the company I'm buying it from is telling me will be the best of them all to support development of the most ambitious thing ever even though nobody working on the game has had any amazing breakthrough within the gaming world for over a god drat decade.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Gotta have faith.

There’s the MoMA I love to see, like Parappa, ya gotta BELIEEEEVE!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

what is it with these guys and their love of subservient asian women who won't talk back or tell them they are dumb for buying $3,500 worth of spaceship jpgs

I don't see how a metal band with a pun for a name connects to subservience, though?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nunes posted:

Any one calling anything good for the 9th?

There will be nice weather somewhere on Earth that day.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Jobbo_Fett posted:

mfw I'm loving retarded and have to have blind faith in a living thumb accomplishing one of the most complex sets of requirements to fulfill a literal dream game that I write about cause I'm some sort of turbonerd, except even dumber. In 7 years of work CIG has come nowhere near their end goal and even conservative estimates would place their gold release being closer to, if not after 2020. Meanwhile, other companies have or are building games that do some, most, or all that Star Citizen is claiming it does.

Keep in mind the "does" portion, because my high-functioning 200IQ brain that subsists on dreams, lovely salads, and endangered animals keeps forcing me to say poo poo like "CIG is building the game of my dreams and has all these things included!" except it loving doesn't and most of the features that would make it "complete" are months, if not years, off of their initial implementation. I have to force myself to forget that games like Starpoint Gemini, X 4 Foundations, Kerbal Space Program, EVE, Rebel Galaxy, either don't exist or can't fulfill every last one of my impossible demands, and which Star Citizen is no closer to it either.

But I'm sure Star Citizen will get there, eventually. There's no reason to believe that the constant incompetence shown through their forums, twitter, and various video release platforms would ever shake my faith in a videogame that has received over 180 million in funding. Anyways, guess I'll give them another thousand dollars or whatever because I want a better ship that the company I'm buying it from is telling me will be the best of them all to support development of the most ambitious thing ever even though nobody working on the game has had any amazing breakthrough within the gaming world for over a god drat decade.

You're wrong on all accounts. Even your bitcoin one.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

clamouring over on reddit again

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ok, honestly? I thoroughly enjoy this genre, and there isn't quite anything out there like what SC aimsfails to accomplish. Yes - we have Eve, Stellaris, Homeworld, Kerbal, E:D, etc, but none of them give yousell you dreams of the sandbox, open-world, mmo feel that SC will pretends to be going for. It's nichedumb, but something I (and apparently, over a million others) wanted.

FTFY

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Gotta have faith.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Every time I see this, I cry like a little baby

Fred Rogers was too good for this world

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Every time I see this, I cry like a little baby

Fred Rogers was too good for this world

When the invisible rabbit dies is the saddest

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Toops posted:

lol this picture is like, you know that thing where a girl wants to go out but has justifiably low self esteem, so she invites her orca fat annoying friend with no redeeming qualities as a clever relativity play? Star Citizen is runing reverse interference, but VR will also die alone.

VR is sex on legs. It struts down streets like Naomi Campbell, opening doors with a swivel-strike of its hips. The world purrs at even a hint of its touch, as it slides down bannisters in that anime uniform, the one that even the internet abhors. But VR makes it work baby. VR makes it work...

(Don't make me paste a headset onto dancing Ben...)

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

I like the bit where Star Citizen compare themselves to the work SpaceX is doing, only that SpaceX didn't need to create a Universe.

I'd say they were being jovial, but I think we all know they're not.

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Feb 7, 2018