Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

bolind posted:

That's clearly a "4" though.

(It's a sticker you need to drive into a number of German cities, and probably many other places. It certifies that the emission level of the car meets euro 4 or 5 or whatevs.)

That's an inspection sticker. The 4 indicates that it's due for re-inspection in April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

That's an inspection sticker. The 4 indicates that it's due for re-inspection in April.

nah, bolind is right, our inspection stickers look way different and are on the driver's side of the windshield.

This is the thing he was talking about, it's pretty dead-on:

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 6, 2018

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Yeah I fat finger pressed 5 instead of 4 and didn't notice, oops. The density of pickup trucks and general look of it all tells me it's in the US, but the sticker is confusing.. German car fanboy/fangirl maybe (but boy do you have to be a fan...)?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm right. I had one just like it on my old windshield.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bolind posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm right. I had one just like it on my old windshield.

Yeah, it's bizarre, every other part of that gif screams "USA," so it's likely what Bicycle said, some sort of Euro fan. You see people here all the time with bumper stickers like "this car climbed Mt. Washington" and such so maybe it's a "this car drove the Autobahn!" thing or something.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

fakeaccount posted:

Fuckin A. I want to say it's never a good idea to jump out of the car like that...but then you factor in the sight of 80000 pounds of truck ice skating towards you at 40miles an hour, and keeping a cool head goes right out the goddamn window.

Man she's lucky she fell when she did decide to bail out. Maybe with dry roads and good traction under her feet she gets away in time but if she didn't slip and fall it looks like she could've gotten swept by her own door and body slammed into the truck.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Driving through California to get between two non-poo poo states has me understanding a little more why some people just don't indicate. A blinker is a sign of weakness and will only result in someone accelerating to fill the void you intend to utilize.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://streamable.com/oep37

Fog in the UAE.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bigbillystyle posted:

Man she's lucky she fell when she did decide to bail out. Maybe with dry roads and good traction under her feet she gets away in time but if she didn't slip and fall it looks like she could've gotten swept by her own door and body slammed into the truck.

Oh yes, I found myself watching this several times to see just how lucky she was to find herself below that door rather than behind it.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The governor heard about the pileup, and he said, "I'M SENDING IN MORE TRACTOR-TRAILERS"

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

MrOnBicycle posted:

German car fanboy/fangirl maybe (but boy do you have to be a fan...)?

European delivery. I still have mine on my ED car, too.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Three separate traffic lights in a row I had to honk at the same car because the chucklefuck in front of me was on their phone. I didn’t beep straight away either but the cars where fully through the intersection each and every time.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

SlapActionJackson posted:

European delivery. I still have mine on my ED car, too.

Aaaaaah of course! Must be.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Three separate traffic lights in a row I had to honk at the same car because the chucklefuck in front of me was on their phone. I didn’t beep straight away either but the cars where fully through the intersection each and every time.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I would consider an illegal pass at that point.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Platystemon posted:

I would consider an illegal pass at that point.

Nah there was a semi in the other lane holding people up and I wanted to get around it before I hit the big hill with a reduced speed limit for trucks. Regardless the guy was a oval office who glared at me in the rear mirror every time I honked only to repeat it at the next lights. I got past him eventually but it took quite a while.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
That Field Marshall is horrible, how can he be so lacking in compassion for his fellow roach?

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
:commissar:

e: wear your helmet

https://i.imgur.com/LJveGkP.mp4

uncle w benefits fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 7, 2018

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
https://i.imgur.com/A8GdnfX.mp4

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

I love the people that actively maintain that bicycle helmets are bad because they give you a false sense of security, and that they shouldn't be needed because the evil bad car drivers should learn to drive...

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Wanna ride with this mailman, that looks fun as hell

Javid posted:

Driving through California to get between two non-poo poo states has me understanding a little more why some people just don't indicate. A blinker is a sign of weakness and will only result in someone accelerating to fill the void you intend to utilize.

I think this applies almost everywhere, happens to me in town at least 85% of the time. And since lots of people like to speed up whenever someone is next to them, I keep my pace for a few seconds, wait until they slow down and think "oh, he's not merging" and let down their guard, then gas it and sneak into the gap they made. Hasn't failed me yet and anyone actively blocking someone from merging or getting to their destination can go gently caress themselves with a red hot rail spike.

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 7, 2018

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Wanna ride with this mailman, that looks fun as hell

It is, this was The Thing To Do late at night when I was in high school.

Is also why everything being FWD these days is horrible car stuff.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

It is, this was The Thing To Do late at night when I was in high school.

Is also why everything being FWD these days is horrible car stuff.
Some kids were doing this over the holiday in the school parking lot and knocked the power out to the high school. With nobody there to notice all the pipes froze, broke, and flooded the school into a block of ice.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

B4Ctom1 posted:

Some kids were doing this over the holiday in the school parking lot and knocked the power out to the high school. With nobody there to notice all the pipes froze, broke, and flooded the school into a block of ice.

New Edge Mustang bumper finial? Colour feels wrong, though: definitely something with a more prominent (Japanese?) bumper beam.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 7, 2018

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

B4Ctom1 posted:

That's good times because the high school parking lot is where we did ours as well.

Not near any junction boxes though. :v:

https://www.google.com/maps/@61.2315468,-149.7305323,257m/data=!3m1!1e3

Look at that.. surrounded by forest, no obstructions except for four street lights, and huge. You can't expect a teenager to NOT do donuts there.

(though at lunch one day we did see some dumbshit tooling around in his parent's brand new F150 and hit one of those lamps at 30+ and totaled the truck)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TzTI0peT-Y

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The Stuck In Traffic dude witnessed a death. No death shown in the video but still a grim reminder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2KXhDpUOck

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

that's one of the most poorly-designed intersections I've ever seen, goddamn.

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

The Stuck In Traffic dude witnessed a death. No death shown in the video but still a grim reminder.

I ran past this the night it happened. I was half expecting to be caught in the background of one of his videos.

That intersection is really dumb, it either needs lights (there are enough lights on Venice Blvd already) or directional islands on that Glyndon cross street to stop people trying to cross 2 bike lanes, 2 turn lanes and 6 regular lanes that people will often do 50-60mph on, all at once (10 LANES!). I loving hate those selfish people that do it.

What's double stupid is that the local council decided to shrink many portions of that area of Venice Blvd down to 2 lanes so they could swap parking/bike lanes around, all in the name of safety (This hasn't been reflected in google maps yet), but this is one intersection that could actually use some safety improvements and it's been left alone besides a sign that everyone ignores (you can even see your standard idiot in a Prius crossing 8+lanes at once in the video).

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Wasabi the J posted:

What is it with that place? Just a real dangerous intersection?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

uncle w benefits posted:

What is it with that place? Just a real dangerous intersection?

It’s a wide, fast‐flowing street intersected by a tiny street.

Originally it was legal from motorist on the tiny street to go straight across six lanes going 50 mph (80 km⁄hr).

Now that is forbidden by signage, but there’s nothing more preventing it.

It’s still legal to make left turns or U‐turns from the major street.

e: It’s the intersection of Venice Boulevard and Glyndon Avenue in Venice, CA.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 8, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

MrOnBicycle posted:

I love the people that actively maintain that bicycle helmets are bad because they give you a false sense of security, and that they shouldn't be needed because the evil bad car drivers should learn to drive...

Always wear your helmet.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Hasn't that one been debunked as a practical joke made with a belt sander?

(Still, always wear your helmet.)

Grater
Jul 11, 2001
Might seem like a nice guy, but cross me once...

Ha! My house is on a cul de sac and my mailman does that every time it snows. I always give him a thumbs up when I see it, gotta do something fun driving that thing around all day every day.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Grater posted:

Ha! My house is on a cul de sac and my mailman does that every time it snows. I always give him a thumbs up when I see it, gotta do something fun driving that thing around all day every day.

Funny you should mention that, I was thinking about a week ago about those abused things and glad to see that. I think they are getting replaced eventually with a new contract. I remember when they were some bastardized jeep.

I have respect for my mailman. In fact I think I will do a thank you card. Crazy rear end bastard goes out of his way. And yeah, I'm probably in the minority on my experience.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I want an LLV so goddamn bad.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I want an LLV so goddamn bad.

Just for the weirdness of it or do you have a RHD Iron Duke fetish?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
If I ever win the lottery a Sy/Ty swap in to a LLV would definitely happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The LLV seems like the perfect piece of poo poo for my piece of poo poo life.

But yes mainly for the weirdness. I would daily drive the damned thing and then live in the back when I went homeless from the first fender bender aluminum repair cost.