Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

^burtle posted:

I don't read Japanese so I have no clue what this says but that didn't stop me from importing the Elite Beat Agent games either. Is this officially out?

Yup, in the japanese eshop. It's $50 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
For fucks sake, people! A couple of pages back a bunch of you were complaining about how the Joycons were too small.
Just saw the Grip that comes with the console in two. There's nothing in there and it's built sturdy enough to take it.
I started out with a Dremel but the blade wasn't big enough so I finished it off with a carpenter saw. The duct tape is just there because. It works a treat.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

You should glue part of a 3ds game case to those next

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Lodin posted:

For fucks sake, people! A couple of pages back a bunch of you were complaining about how the Joycons were too small.
Just saw the Grip that comes with the console in two. There's nothing in there and it's built sturdy enough to take it.
I started out with a Dremel but the blade wasn't big enough so I finished it off with a carpenter saw. The duct tape is just there because. It works a treat.

you monster

paging turtlicious to this thread

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

gmq posted:

Ughhhhh WHAT

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah. I liked what I played. I was hoping it would drop to $20 as fast as Triforce Heroes so I could buy my friends copies but it never happened.

I was looking at Triforce Heroes for our next game, but apparently you can't play 2 players. You can play 1 player, or 3 players, but not 2. WTF

Takoluka posted:

I've actually been pretty curious about MPFF. I'm not really into MP; is FF worth it in spite of that?

I would not want to play the game alone. The controls and play are just like Metroid Prime. However, you are in mechs, so you kind of stomp along slowly. You still lock on like in Prime. We played with our circle pad pros (nice to have a game that actually uses it); I'm not interested in trying the game without one and losing right stick analog look.

Through the game, you find mod chips that allow you to customize your mech, which was fun (I constantly used +missle damage and +power shot damage). The alternate weapons are pretty useful. At one point we were stuck on a boss and were cursing up a storm until we tried a different weapon, after which we grudgingly admitted the game gives you what you need to succeed.

The missions are fairly varied. In some cases it's not apparent what to do, and you eat poo poo for a while, but nothing was insurmountable. There was a stage we failed a couple times and I was getting irate and called it the worst mission of the game...a few attempts later, and once we discovered how to approach it, the stage became one of my favorites. That was a real sense of satisfaction to figure out what to do and pull it off.

My buddy and I had a ton of fun, but going it alone would've been a real slog. If you care about getting all the medals, there will be several stages where you replay over and over and OVER until you get it. Getting enough medals unlocks more slots for your mods, but you unlock all of those at 19/55 medals, so pretty early. After that medals only unlock more paint jobs which are cosmetic...EXCEPT for amiibo paint jobs, so if you have metroid amiibos, you should be able to get something. I used a samus amiibo and got a paint job that gave me 10x the missles per pickup, that came in handy let me tell you.

I don't know if this has told you enough about the game, but again, my friend and I had a lot of fun with it. Just avoid blast ball, it's pretty lame.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lodin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XveT0dAznSk&t=97s

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lodin posted:

:stare:

"The duct tape is there just because. Definitely not because I destroyed them"

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/961542175640059905

Waiting for the inevitable western release.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RCarr posted:

:stare:

"The duct tape is there just because. Definitely not because I destroyed them"

Naw, there's screws all over the place and it's built like a brick shitter.

Only way to play Odyssey.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

f#a# posted:

Is Puyo Puyo Tetris worth it past the demo's functionality? Namely, does anybody know if the full version has colorblind-friendly skins?

I thought the campaign mode was pretty good and encouraged me to learn how to actually play Puyo Puyo

I think you have to unlock the colorblind skins but that takes like 10 minutes of playing

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I was looking at Triforce Heroes for our next game, but apparently you can't play 2 players. You can play 1 player, or 3 players, but not 2. WTF

Triforce Heroes is an odd duck. Getting three players together is weird and inconvenient. But if you can get three people together, it's loads of fun. The puzzles are designed with three people, so playing with two people wouldn't work. The one player mode was added in because I think they were too scared of releasing a truly multiplayer only Zelda game.
But the game is good. Just hard to get the people to play with.

content
Feb 13, 2014

f#a# posted:

Is Puyo Puyo Tetris worth it past the demo's functionality?

I thought the campaign was cute and fun, and the online stuff is really great. A ton of different modes and options to mix things up.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Federation Force :words:

That actually sounds pretty fun with the right company! I'll definitely give it a look and talk to my other 3DS friends about it.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

That kid loving sucks!

But seriously, how does this game work? Is it really just randomly flailing about? I couldn't find any on-screen cues that indicate a rhythm.

Also, these are some sweet sales! Just picked up mario+rabbids voor 33 euro and rayman legends for 23 euro. Thanks Russia! (That's where those two are cheapest).

LPG Giant fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 8, 2018

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
Edit: double post

LPG Giant fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 8, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Repeat after Sony; "This system software update improves the quality of the system performance."

Developers never state attack vectors being closed in patch notes, because it just tells people exactly how to exploit them.

This a million times. Software (and hardware) developers do not give out details about this stuff unless they are forced to do so, either by legal compulsion or because the particular thing is something the public needs to know about in general.

This Switch hack is all but guaranteed to meet neither of those requirements.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

this just encourages you to pirate even more, since the only way to get new digital games would be to pirate them.

Except you need a new console because Nintendo bricking your hacked system means it doesn't work anymore.

Actual Harvest Moon? Yes.

The poo poo that Natsume makes under the Harvest Moon name these days? No.

Regardless, Stardew Valley already exists on the Switch.

s.i.r.e. posted:

With CEMU's development, Zelda actually runs better and at 4K on PC if you've got the monolithic system requirements needed to run it at those settings. :eng101:

Is it possible to (easily) transfer saves from a Wii U to PC? Kinda tempted to check out Xenoblade X on an emulator but there's no loving way I'm starting the game over from the beginning if I can help it.

irlZaphod posted:

Mercenaries Saga Chronicles - $13.49 / £12.23 / €13.49 (Feb 9)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Featuring Mercenaries Saga: Will of the White Lions, Mercenaries Saga 2: Order of the Silver Eagle and Mercenaries Saga 3: Gray Wolves of War, Mercenaries Saga Chronicles assembles the heroes from this fantastic series in one collection

Features:
  • A total of 82 campaign chapters, in which your decisions lead to different routes and endings
  • Numerous Free Battles allow you to power-up characters while offering extra challenges
  • Multiple difficulty settings are available – clearing the game once increases the challenge further!
  • Maps with variable terrains that are decisive in battle – take advantage of your starting position to assist teammates and strike enemies in the back
  • Buy and sell items, and then synthesize them into more powerful gear
  • Change classes to acquire high class skills, and use SP to master them
  • Enhanced gameplay experience on the Nintendo Switch: redesigned to perfectly fit a 16:9 resolution. The system improvements from Mercenaries Saga 3, such as Hate display and minion summoning skills, are also implemented for Mercenaries Saga 1 & 2 in this new Chronicles release.

Monster Hunter has eaten all my free time and I almost forgot about this game coming out already. Sounds like the games are decent fun but nothing earth shattering, so $13.50 for 3 SRPGs seems fine by me.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

LPG Giant posted:

That kid loving sucks!

But seriously, how does this game work? Is it really just randomly flailing about? I couldn't find any on-screen cues that indicate a rhythm.

It looks like the tutorial teaches rhythms and then you can combo them during the songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy-mGGH_GZM&t=931s

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

irlZaphod posted:

Mario + Rabbids - Kingdom Battle - £49.99 £33.32 / €59.99 €39.99 (33% off)

is this multiplayer with a split joycon? Games that don't let you multi with split joycons make me sad (Minecraft :argh:)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It is, there is a co-op mode. I think maybe you have to clear the first chapter. It's seperate from the main game

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

LPG Giant posted:

Looks like there isn't much to it

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I really wish I had saved my Monster Hunter money for Gal Metal.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Has it been mentioned that Pillars of Eternity 2 is being ported to Switch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB-Pw9FD-v8

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

How is Mercenaries Saga Chronicles story-wise?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

gmq posted:

lmfao

Lodin posted:

lmfao

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lodin posted:

I will never tire of the dumb engineers we get in these threads. :allears:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

fucken lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the dreamcast arguably got damaged by hacking/piracy but burning a ROM to a basic CD is way, way easier than flashing your tablet with Linux and loving around with flash carts and firmware

the switch will be fine

even the ps1 was a hack fest and so was a the nds. hell, even the super nintendo had that doctor setup with games on floppy disk. switch is alright.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Lodin posted:

lol holy poo poo. you played yourself.gif

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Lodin posted:

This rules, gently caress the haters. Solving problems is always better than complaining.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ColdPie posted:

This rules, gently caress the haters. Solving problems is always better than complaining.

"solving"

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Blackchamber posted:

How is Mercenaries Saga Chronicles story-wise?

I am very excited for it because I love SRPG's. I have never played any of the games before though.

In other news: I just started Golf Story and it's great.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Necrodancer and DQ Builders both, plus Golf Story is 20% off on the eShop. A good week for me to :retrogames: although I still have a backlog. Really I will not buy anything since I've already Golf Storied.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Well, decided to send my left joycon in for repair. less than a month left on the warranty, has been doing the thing where it doesn't lock into the console PLUS the thing where the direction on the control stick seems to stick in one direction where the character keeps moving even after the stick goes back to the default position.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

ColdPie posted:

Yes. More power to that goon for fixing a problem without spending time looking for a solution and then paying for the solution, especially if they're satisfied with the end result. Projects like that can be fun!

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

True and good on the person for taking an initiative on that little problem. The thing that struck me was how it seemed to be an obvious fix to the poster even though not everyone is going to want to do that to their grip.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
so when do we talk about diy stairs on our switches

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Lodin posted:

Lmao

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lodin posted:

the real nintendo revolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

content
Feb 13, 2014

Astro7x posted:

Well, decided to send my left joycon in for repair. less than a month left on the warranty, has been doing the thing where it doesn't lock into the console PLUS the thing where the direction on the control stick seems to stick in one direction where the character keeps moving even after the stick goes back to the default position.

I'm having the exact same issues. I think I have 3 weeks left on my warranty. I'd better get on that.

• Locked thread