Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

yeah but mgs4 runs at like 20fps in intensive scenes whereas snake eater hd (the definitive version) drops to maybe 45 in a pinch. doesn't bother me that much though; games are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think prey runs better on my computer than wolfenstein tno or DOOM did

and also it's turning out to be my favorite Stealth Gas Can Chucking sim

this game's loving sick dudes

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me

Why doesn't he just magnetise the police car/police guns and kill everyone when he finds out?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"It's like Overwatch except without the anime bullshit"

Turns out people like anime bullshit, I guess

The anime bullshit is the only good part of Overwatch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr.Kattykat posted:

yeah but mgs4 runs at like 20fps in intensive scenes whereas snake eater hd (the definitive version) drops to maybe 45 in a pinch. doesn't bother me that much though; games are good

Oh I meant the PS2 version, the hd version is perfection

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Ah well. I got some more searching in the first chapter to do then

Someone in the thread described blue hearts as brain busters and red hearts as skill busters, and someone else laughed

Spoiler for something I wish I'd discovered myself: There are C sides with gold hearts

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I feel that I like mgs4 more than most but when it came out and was getting 10/10 flawless masterpiece ratings from every gaming media outlet I was like uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, what'd you think of it? Better, worse, or about the same as the first game?

I liked it a lot more than I was expecting to and I'm glad it played the story straight since I was half expecting it have some dumb twist with regard to Rachel's motives but on the other hand it still felt kind of superfluous as all unplanned prequels/side stories tend to. I was also surprised at the tone since I was expecting it to be a lot more heavy handed with regard to what happens to Rachel (and eventually Chloe, maybe) but instead the ending and non-serious bits focused more on them enjoying the short time they had together which was, refreshing? On the whole the original was better but nothing soured me on BtS like the ending of LiS did either.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Looper posted:

Someone in the thread described blue hearts as brain busters and red hearts as skill busters, and someone else laughed

Spoiler for something I wish I'd discovered myself: There are C sides with gold hearts

That was me. I was so young.

So innocent

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

MMF Freeway posted:

I feel that I like mgs4 more than most but when it came out and was getting 10/10 flawless masterpiece ratings from every gaming media outlet I was like uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I remember Shane Bettenhausen on a 1up podcast saying something like "if you don't appreciate this game you're a peasant" which was dumb enough that I remember him saying it a decade later.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Looper posted:

gently caress never roll over text on a game you haven't finished

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Going from the windy stage back to the first stage to look for the blue heart, I keep overshooting my dashes :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Guavatin posted:

Why doesn't he just magnetise the police car/police guns and kill everyone when he finds out?

They put him in wooden cuffs and are imprisoning him on top of a very tall tree.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Good to see that the track record of Geoff Keighley's Trending Gamer Award is still going strong
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/961653281998163975

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

idk what's loving worse, this or Skyward Sword getting such impossibly high praise

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought he retired or w/e after cheating on his wife

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's like most popular gamers are trash people or something.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought he retired or w/e after cheating on his wife

I feel bad she decided to stay with him, like what kind of hosed up gaslighting was she a victim of. can you not do better than "loving dipshit who plays games all day"

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

I feel bad she decided to stay with him, like what kind of hosed up gaslighting was she a victim of. can you not do better than "loving dipshit who plays games all day"
Some women have just absolute poo poo self esteem, American society is good at engendering that. Can't say that's the case though.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hey us dipshits who play videogames all day have feelings too you know

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Good to see that the track record of Geoff Keighley's Trending Gamer Award is still going strong
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/961653281998163975

quote:

During a recent stream, Disrespect fired back by saying that some of his best friends are Asian.

Well poo poo, can't do anything about that

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
MGS4 is more cutscene than game. Even for Kojima its goes overboard with the unnecessary details and terrible plot dumps for characters you have no reason to care about.

Feel my rage Snake.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

hey us dipshits who play videogames all day have feelings too you know

The path to enlightenment is to stop having feelings.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
He's literally doing the "I'm not racist some of my best friends are asian" thing. Like not ironically. How

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

imagine being married to someone like that and on top of that being cheated on by them, there's nowhere lower to go

I hope DarksydePhil wins the Trending Gamer award next

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gamers should be barred from voting, as Trending Gamer has proven time and time again

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

I hope DarksydePhil wins the Trending Gamer award next
Its really sad that in recent years that frickin' DarksydePhil is almost straight up wholesome compared to the dregs that have been popping out of the woodwork.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've heard DarksydePhil's name so much over the years but have no idea who he is and why everyone seems to hate him so much. That's probably for the best

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DLC Inc posted:

he cleared like 300g's in donations on his first day back streaming. you'd be a fool to give that up, but maybe the smart money would've demanded alimony

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Counterpoint: Kojima nearly bankrupted Konami making a game who's main contribution to the over-arcing series story is that it fixes a plothole in a 30 year old MSX game.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Macaluso posted:

He's literally doing the "I'm not racist some of my best friends are asian" thing. Like not ironically. How

works for the president

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Counterpoint: Kojima nearly bankrupted Konami making a game who's main contribution to the over-arcing series story is that it fixes a plothole in a 30 year old MSX game.

You say that like it's a bad thing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Intel&Sebastian posted:

god, hands on head, exasperated: even I didn't know he could own this hard !!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Who gives a gently caress about what a game does for the overarcing plot of the series? Who judges a game's worth based on that?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

I've heard DarksydePhil's name so much over the years but have no idea who he is and why everyone seems to hate him so much. That's probably for the best

In the pre-GamerGate, pre-PewDiePie world of online streamers he was just a prominent bad LP'er. The dude is basically real life Dwight Schrute. He's too square to do anything more offensive than jack off while the camera is still on.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Goddamn, Kojima's so loving cool when you put it like that. The loving absolute lad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

literally every word in this sentence owns more than the next word

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Kojima Sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

al-azad posted:

In the pre-GamerGate, pre-PewDiePie world of online streamers he was just a prominent bad LP'er. The dude is basically real life Dwight Schrute. He's too square to do anything more offensive than jack off while the camera is still on.

he showed off a t-shirt of godzilla destroying tokyo while laughing, a day after the tohoku earthquake

• Locked thread