Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I mean, he's been in the intro ever since the Ninjazords showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I remember him not being in the intro though, that's the thing, until later. I realize I'm probably wrong though. Intros do change sometimes on re-airing if they recut them together or something, but that's probably not the case.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It says a lot about how much of a nothing Rocky was that the part that would've gone to Jason normally (clashing with Tommy for leadership under HAAAAAATE) went to Adam instead.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So the 25 year toy partnership with Bandai is over. They’ll finish Ninja Steele and the legacy line, but done after that in the US. They will still make toys for Japan. Hasbro is rumored to take over toys for the US in 2019.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Morby posted:

So the 25 year toy partnership with Bandai is over. They’ll finish Ninja Steele and the legacy line, but done after that in the US. They will still make toys for Japan. Hasbro is rumored to take over toys for the US in 2019.

What in the actual gently caress is this right now

What WORLD are we in

Is this a good thing? I don't know how to feel about this

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Can't wait until I can make the Tyrannosaurus the central part of Defendor. Or the red Mystic Force Zord slot into the Orion Pax trailer to become Optimus Kai...me. Optimus Kaime.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

What WORLD are we in

It’s not unprecedented. In Japan the Yokai Watch toys are done by Bandai of Japan, and I believe they have a stake in the franchise. Meanwhile the toys in the US are done by Hasbro. It’ll probably be a similar situation here.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Burkion posted:

What WORLD are we in

Non-Legacy PR toys have been garbage for years. The toy quality has nowhere to go but up, finally. Plus Hasbro usually doesn't go through the effort of completely remolding a toy line to save a buck.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

SpazmasterX posted:

Non-Legacy PR toys have been garbage for years. The toy quality has nowhere to go but up, finally. Plus Hasbro usually doesn't go through the effort of completely remolding a toy line to save a buck.

You’d be surprised. TFs have been sharing more and more gang molded parts in recent years.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So what complex legal bullshit allows Hasbro to make essentially the same toy that Bandai does but with English voiceclips instead?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

This. The Ranger figures are largely ok, but the weapons and zords just seem like 0 effort especially compared to the Japanese versions. Not sure why we can’t have 1:1 in the States.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Morby posted:

This. The Ranger figures are largely ok, but the weapons and zords just seem like 0 effort especially compared to the Japanese versions. Not sure why we can’t have 1:1 in the States.

Different safety regulations, the rising costs of oil and plastic products, and the rising prices of distribution, packaging, and manufacturing, mostly.

Electronics are another big one, also.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Okay, but why is a Figuart $20 in Japan and in America we get those god awful toys for the exact same price that looked like a blind toddler painted them

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I thought Figuarts were a bit more than that.

Regardless.

It's part different economics, and part Bandai of America just not considering that kind of stuff worth it. But this'll be a factor even under a different company; all american toylines are using less paint apps and overall number of parts these days. It's unfortunate, but that's the way things are.

BoA is also a pretty garbage company, but I digress.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Nodosaur posted:

You’d be surprised. TFs have been sharing more and more gang molded parts in recent years.

Oh I'm aware. But you're dealing with action figures, most of the pieces are going to be the same thigh, or fist, or knee on everything anyways. The fact that main line PR action figures have been barely two steps above zero paint, one color plastic is just greed.

Meanwhile over in Hasbroland you have no less than six different remold and retools of one figure, and each one is different enough to be unique. Even if the transformation seems oddly familiar.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Does this mean there's a chance we'll get another crack at a proper gold instead of the butterscotch ranger?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

As Nero Danced posted:

Does this mean there's a chance we'll get another crack at a proper gold instead of the butterscotch ranger?

Unlikely. Bandai will be finishing out all the legacy figures and roleplay toys we know of, i.e. Zeo and Psycho ranger figures, Legacy Zeonizer, Legacy Gold Power Staff, and the Green Ranger helmet.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

Different safety regulations, the rising costs of oil and plastic products, and the rising prices of distribution, packaging, and manufacturing, mostly.

Electronics are another big one, also.

That all sucks because, as a kid, I didn’t know any better and accepted whatever was in the store. But as an adult? It’s a huge difference. Ninja Steele toys (especially Star Ninja’s stuff) just seems way more high effort than the US toys.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Pierce Brosnan is

Ninja Steele

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm all for Hasbro Ranger figures if they're half as good as the current Marvel Legend out put.
The legacy ranger figures they released are terrible. The girls have ridiculous proportions and none of them can stand up for very long.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Morby posted:

All this means is that BoA has mishandled this property so much that Saban finally noticed. My guess is the primary motivator is that they're tired of Bandai milking the MMPR cow and paying virtually no attention to the recent seasons altogether. But there's also plenty of other reasons.

Oh well. RIP Legacy Psycho Rangers, they would have figured out a way to make you suck anyway.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh. My. God.

Zordon - "My sensors tell me the rangers are being bombarded with hate particles!"

Might be the hardest I've laughed at the minimalist series.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I'm sort of surprised he didn't include Zedd falling to the floor and flopping about and pounding his fists like a child.

As much as "goofball villain" Zedd sorta owned once they got in the groove, that was really the lowest point before they got there.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One thing I'm vaguely surprised about is that we still haven't gotten a proper Legacy Lord Zedd

Like on the same scale as those 7 inch build a zord Ranger figures

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I don't know the size of it, but there was a figure produced and marketed under Legacy.

My kingdom for an S.I.C Zedd with tubing and sculpted muscle fibers.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Craptacular! posted:

I don't know the size of it, but there was a figure produced and marketed under Legacy.

It's A Legacy line figure, but it's one of those mid to late 2000s ones with way more basic posability and very little going for it that stands roughly 5 inches tall

In fact I'm FAIRLY certain it's the exact same one as the one they released back in the late 2000s, just with new paint

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They could just rework a Vac-man toy

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

gently caress it, just flay a bodybuilder yourself and glue some chrome fenders on the cadaver.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

gently caress it, just flay a bodybuilder yourself and glue some chrome fenders on the cadaver.

You forgot the loving tubes!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Related to the Zedd discussion we had upthread (and how much I love the Rita/Zedd stuff), I've always liked the idea of a Power Rangers show (well, more like Power Rangers With The Serial Numbers Filed Off Carefully) based on the perspective of the villain. Rarely show the squeaky bunch of teenagers and their giant multicolored robots, just have a monster dude from a position of power and menace.,,, only to be stymied by this one planet so often that he becomes a sympathetic schlub.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 16, 2018

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Kanpai Sentai After V sort of does that. It's just about the team going for drinks and food after the fight, but their big bad is masquerading as the chef there to spy on them.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/TokuNation/status/964549909805346816
:stare:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Well

They can't do worse than Saban, right?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Real talk:
If they can make a Power Rangers that's as good as Transformers Prime or (controversial opinion, maybe) Transformers Animated, then there is no problem here whatsoever.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Wow this is crazy. I don't even know what to expect. I haven't heard transformers fans be as disappointed as us so it must be better

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pyroi posted:

Well

They can't do worse than Saban, right?

Pretty sure Hasbro is just going to be taking over the toy production from Bandai, Saban is still running the show aspect and recently extended their contract with Nickelodeon until 2021. Though honestly I wouldn't really mind that much if they did wind up taking over the whole production.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 16, 2018

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Larryb posted:

Pretty sure Hasbro is just going to be taking over the toy production from Bandai, Saban is still running the show aspect and recently extended their contract with Nickelodeon until 2021. Though honestly I wouldn't really mind that much if they did wind up taking over the whole production.

scroll up

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Power Rangers Transformers crossover. :allears: Optimus Prime fighting alongside the Megazord.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I mean, the 2017 movie did involve a power crystal that was the source of all life on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, misread that. Though even if it does change hands they're still probably not getting away from Nick or the current scheduling practices any time soon. Come to think of it, has Hasbro ever handled a live action production before? There's the Transformers movies of course but I'm not sure how much involvement they had with those beyond licensing.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 16, 2018