Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

My hope is Narvy will return to play the American version of Houou Soldier. President of the Galaxy, Eugene Skulovich :allears:

Nah, Houou Soldier is just the Tommy that was sent back in time. And the evil Don Amarge stand-in will be Lord Drakkon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kim giving people poo poo is great. AJJ is awesome at it. I was going to a thing with Amy Jo that got cancelled because of the hurricane so my wife bought a video message from her for me, and even in that she was giving me a little poo poo. "Sorry you didn't get to meet me there, Al, but oh, hey, by the way, there was a hurricane, not sure if you heard about that ;)"

She's great

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/status/964942245110493185

What the gently caress?

This isn't Kyuranger.

https://twitter.com/PowerRangersNOW/status/964941693261963264

It's not Zyuohger either! This is the weirdest, they already skipped this one!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's some crazy poo poo!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, literally the ONLY reason Saban skipped it, despite not wanting to skip it, is because of Bandai

So I guess without Bandai telling them what to do, Saban's just gonna do whatever the gently caress they want

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
How utterly bizarre Power Rangers is becoming. I'm down.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Season 27: Bioman

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

:psyboom:

What is this timeline

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

What the gently caress?

This isn't Kyuranger.

This is gonna be some weird reverse of theme like RPM or Lost Galaxy except the other way where they lean harder on the animal theme instead of back off of it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Beast Morphers is straight up the lamest name in the universe

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Xelkelvos posted:

This is gonna be some weird reverse of theme like RPM or Lost Galaxy except the other way where they lean harder on the animal theme instead of back off of it.

Maybe they're gonna take the Go-Busters Returns film version of the Busters as the inspiration?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Burkion posted:

I mean, literally the ONLY reason Saban skipped it, despite not wanting to skip it, is because of Bandai

So I guess without Bandai telling them what to do, Saban's just gonna do whatever the gently caress they want

What did Bandai have to do with it?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well it's partnered with the company that brought you beast wars and beast machines

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jivjov posted:

Maybe they're gonna take the Go-Busters Returns film version of the Busters as the inspiration?

If they import the green hippo ranger outfit, I'm all in.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

quote:

Set in the future, a secret agency combines a newly discovered substance called “Morph-X” with animal DNA to create the Power Rangers Beast Morphers team. The Rangers must fight off an evil sentient computer virus bent on taking over the source of all Ranger power, the Morphin Grid itself. Featuring never-before-seen leather suits and an all-new beast-themed arsenal (including dynamic new Zords), fans should get ready for a season full of secret ops and morphinominal fun.

https://www.powerrangersnow.com/power-rangers-beast-morphers-revealed/

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Season 27: Bioman

gently caress YES

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well it's partnered with the company that brought you beast wars and beast machines

Right, but what's actually the connection between Bandai and not doing Go-Busters is my question

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Wizard posted:

Right, but what's actually the connection between Bandai and not doing Go-Busters is my question

Bandai literally did not let them adapt GoBusters

They're also the reason why Saban HAD to adapt Goseiger at all instead of getting right to Gokaiger

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Busters, reaaaaady-Go!

Seriously how did that happen.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Lizard Wizard posted:

Go-Busters (and it's toy line) kinda flopped in Japan so they wanted to skip it in America.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Burkion posted:

Bandai literally did not let them adapt GoBusters

They're also the reason why Saban HAD to adapt Goseiger at all instead of getting right to Gokaiger

Do you have an interview or something to back this? I believe it well enough, but I wanna have sources when discussing this wacky scenario elsewhere.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Frankly, I'm just wondering if they'll stitch it together with Zyuohger.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm wondering if Akibaranger has a chance now. :stare:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope they keep up the sunglasses thing longer than GoBus.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

poo poo, JDF can be BeetBuster now!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Blaze Dragon posted:

What the gently caress?

This isn't Kyuranger.

I'm not sure how I should feel about this at all.

Go-Busters: Good
Go-Buster toys: Also good (imho)
Hasbro's Power Rangers: Uncharted territory
Toys: Unknown

What the gently caress is gonna happen :psyduck:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
:iiam:

I wonder what they're gonna replace Enter and Escape with

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The main thing is that this is all stuff from 2014, so finding the info on it now is a bit annoying. But we still have afew things from that period

http://amitbhaumik.tumblr.com/post/78074732561/notes-on-go-busters-on-lost-adaptations-and-lost

http://www.morphinlegacy.com/2017/02/wasnt-toqger-adapted.html

Basically a direct quote won't surface because it's a lot of reading between the lines

Bandai blamed a lot of things on the 'failure' of GoBusters and they have shown the ability to make Saban fall in line when they needed to- notably Megaforce.

Saban wanted to just go straight to Gokaiger but were denied- They had to adapt the two in the order they were in because of arbitrary reasons.

They never gave a REAL answer for why they skipped Go Busters in the states, unlike with TrainTrainger, and as the above noted there was a lot of potential to be had with Go Busters from the writers on the show.

But it's telling that the moment Bandai is removed from the picture, Saban jumps back to get GoBusters going.

And yeah combining it with Zyuoh would be inspired.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Morby posted:

So the 25 year toy partnership with Bandai is over. They’ll finish Ninja Steele and the legacy line, but done after that in the US. They will still make toys for Japan. Hasbro is rumored to take over toys for the US in 2019.

These have been the craziest 48 hours of this franchise.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Burkion posted:

The main thing is that this is all stuff from 2014, so finding the info on it now is a bit annoying. But we still have afew things from that period

http://amitbhaumik.tumblr.com/post/78074732561/notes-on-go-busters-on-lost-adaptations-and-lost

http://www.morphinlegacy.com/2017/02/wasnt-toqger-adapted.html

Basically a direct quote won't surface because it's a lot of reading between the lines

Bandai blamed a lot of things on the 'failure' of GoBusters and they have shown the ability to make Saban fall in line when they needed to- notably Megaforce.

Saban wanted to just go straight to Gokaiger but were denied- They had to adapt the two in the order they were in because of arbitrary reasons.

They never gave a REAL answer for why they skipped Go Busters in the states, unlike with TrainTrainger, and as the above noted there was a lot of potential to be had with Go Busters from the writers on the show.

But it's telling that the moment Bandai is removed from the picture, Saban jumps back to get GoBusters going.

And yeah combining it with Zyuoh would be inspired.

Thanks! Gonna give this all a nice read.

In the meantime: there's footage for Super Megaforce and Dino Charge team-ups.....

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Hell yeah, power rangers imagination station is coming soon

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

what

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I lurk the gently caress out of this thread and this seems as good a time to ask-

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm wondering if Akibaranger has a chance now. :stare:

Is there any place to legit stream/pay for Akibaranger? Or am I reduced to :filez:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Akibaranger doesn't have a chance because of the source material.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

What the hell would you even do with Akibaranger? Make Power Rangers for Adult Swim?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Boxman posted:

I lurk the gently caress out of this thread and this seems as good a time to ask-

Is there any place to legit stream/pay for Akibaranger? Or am I reduced to :filez:

Not that I would ever advocate finding third party sources for entertainment that happen to be free

But you might wanna go do that hypothetically because Oh My No it's never gonna get brought over here

Maybe buy an Akibaranger figuart or something to show support

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
What makes this really weird is that they had just done an official announcement using a Kyuuranger promotional image, so now I'm really confused

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Oh yeah I definitely wasn't expecting to find it on Nick.com or whatever, I just didn't know if some weird streaming service maybe didn't pick it up.

Thanks for the help. :)

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

^ Go to gundam.info with a SEA vpn I guess? Is that still there?

quote:

The Something Awful Forums > The TV IV > Let's Morphin'! The Super Sentai & Power Rangers Megathread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Go-busters is a good choice to adapt, the suit and mech designs seem like an easier sell to American kids than anything else they've done since Gokaiger.