Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Oh thank goodness I’m safe. Right? 55 is safe, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

Oh thank goodness I’m safe. Right? 55 is safe, right?

Only if bread is honorable

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

If I raise the post count requirement it will be tomorrow.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

jeez I feel like I haven't even been posting too much this game

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Bifauxnen posted:

jeez I feel like I haven't even been posting too much this game

It doesn't feel like you've done 140+ posts of engaging content

I'm honestly surprised you haven't been cased more than you have. You sure you're town?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Bif you don't want to do this.

well you're not wrong

let's see what happens when I do this

##vote Sal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

It doesn't feel like you've done 140+ posts of engaging content

I'm honestly surprised you haven't been cased more than you have. You sure you're town?

the towniest.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright, cat movie was good time to check the forums on my phone to see if anyone has posted in any threads...

139 new posts

where were you fuckers all weekend?? I go see one movie!!

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Are there even enough people here to do the thing?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

well you're not wrong

let's see what happens when I do this

##vote Sal

Life happens, I've had 3 days of non-stop doing poo poo. I apologize for not being engaged, I'm looking at some people right now, but all the President voting stuff is really making it hard for me because I feel like "jokephase" went on for 2 days.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##vote sal

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
still not sure what exactly is going on in this game except that very few people are taking university life seriously!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm caught up, and I'll post my reads in a minute, a few random posts I want to respond to in the meantime

GulagDolls posted:

i feel like scum are more likely to stick around unless they were personally trained by asiina

What does this mean??

jon joe posted:

I’m, super glad that we didn’t get anyone day 1, and that day 2 we turbo’d Kashuno, and I understand that I deserve absolutely 0 credibility for any of my opinions considering how little I’ve contributed this game, so please note that I am a type of survivor.

We didn't turbo Kash. It was near deadline after a long day of discussion. Maybe if you were actually around for it, you'd know that.

Natural 20 posted:

Mostly though, if I am scum holy poo poo am I playing a terrible game.

Wow the "too scummy to be scum" meta defense out in the wild. Impressive!

I can't recall the people who are saying it right now and should probably read back and find those people, but I really, really hate the ones going "oh there's only been president election and club distractions, this game has no scumhunting!" because it feels so incredibly lazy and is easily shown to not be true. There have been a lot of really good cases made and some really terrible cases made. If you're bitching on D3 of a 40 page game that there has been no content, then you're just straight up lying. I'm also really glad that my theory about there being no scum team did not prevent actual scumhunting. I was really excited about my insane theory but didn't want it to give people an excuse to check out.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Jon Joe has way more low content and do nothingness than me. If you look at his posting history he didn't even give a poo poo until it became that lurkers were getting axed. Then all of a sudden it became a posting free for all including:
I
Think
You're
Right

I still have more posts to make

Is 55 posts safe?

Instead of being concerned about your post count Jon Joe why not present an actual case (like I'm doing on you now) that doesn't consist of:

jon joe posted:

I’m, super glad that we didn’t get anyone day 1, and that day 2 we turbo’d Kashuno, and I understand that I deserve absolutely 0 credibility for any of my opinions considering how little I’ve contributed this game, so please note that I am a type of survivor.

jon joe posted:

TolenFemale is scum, followed by IronChefRamen

You drive by post your suggestions on who is scum (misspelling one of their names), proceed to vote Token, only to suddenly change your vote to me with no real explanation of why. I think you are just trying to pad post count instead of posting real content.

I also think anyone that voted "No One" should be looked at closely too since that just screamed to me lets have this go on forever so we can no do the important parts of mafia and thats scum hunt.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sal who are your top scumreads

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
ALso glad that Asiina called out jon joe for the “turbo kash” part of his post. I was gonna bring that up earlier but decided against it. Kash definitely was not turboed

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I would have turboed him, but that's just because I love a good turbo.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Sal who are your top scumreads

Jon Joe for his obsession with his post count all of a sudden

GeneX for straight up saying:

GeneX posted:

I refuse to put a ton of effort into this game.

b-minus1 posted:

ALso glad that Asiina called out jon joe for the “turbo kash” part of his post. I was gonna bring that up earlier but decided against it. Kash definitely was not turboed

Kash was in no way turbo'd and I agree with you. There were calls to turbo him Day 2 that I thought were weird. The hard part with the Kash votes is (for me at least) it was hard to tell who was voting to send him to Detention and who was voting him for President.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Allow me to clarify, that Kash is always turbo’d, that’s just a state of the universe.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Please do not argue with the laws of physics.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Going to work now.
##vote Nat20

Guess I'll be dead tonight, looking forward to seeing the setup.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So first of all, some town reads, which is I think Bif is town as she's been making a whole lot of sense in this thread. Token Female I'm also feeling good about for the same reason. I've turned around on TNL. I was suspicious of him yesterday, but I'm feeling a lot better about his content today. bminus also I don't have a super strong town read on, but once he started actually giving some reasoning for his opinions I'm feeling a lot better about.

People I'm kinda iffy about are Gulag, Juchero, and Dawny for their almost pathological lack of participation. Gulag slightly less so over the last few hours, but generally the three of them just pop up once in a while, say something not at all relevant or useful, and then disappear, but that said I've seen this behaviour in so many games that I honestly don't know if it's a scumtell or not. I wouldn't push a vote on any of them, but I would be fine voting for any of them.

Scummy people include Nat20 for reasons that other people have said. I like Token Female's version of the case the best, that he decided of his own accord to recuse himself from participating in the presidential election and I guess wanting to remain impartial because ???? but then comes out on D3 with a strong argument against 50 thinking that he's lying. Literally the only reason I can think of for this dramatic turn is if he's actually the cop and copped 50 last night, but I think he'd just straight up claim if that was the case, so there's no other logical reason. Also this idea that people shouldn't be explicit about their scumreads is nonsense, but whether it's "bad opinions about mafia theory" nonsense or "scum logic" I'm not sure, so it's not really the bigger part of why I think he's scummy. It's more the fact that he's focusing on all these things completely unrelated to saying who he thinks is scum.

JJ is also scummy as hell for his mass posting and his I guess 3P claim without actually bothering to participate even a little. There's not too much to say about this because it feels pretty self-evident.

Reading through his posts, it seems Sal is one of those people who is complaining about things in this game that aren't standard mafia, which I find suspicious. People are also right that he hasn't really been participating in scumhunting despite posting. That said, I understand if people are busy. If he makes some good posts before deadline, I may feel better about him. While looking through his post history I noticed at the end he's made posts since I started writing this post that look okay, but I'll read them in context once I'm done with this.

There's a whole lot of people that I barely have an opinion on because in my mind they show up once in a while and say something only to disappear from the conversation for long periods of time. These people include: Cat, Chic, AA, AS, BN, Gene, NGO, and flerp. I could go back and read all of them to try to come up with more concrete opinions, but I don't want this post to go on any longer.

For now I'll say ##List 1:Nat20 2:JJ but I may change it before deadline.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I FORGOT MY GODDAMN DOG!

So here is a dog like pokemon petting another dog pokemon

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
When I signed up for this game, I was expecting zaniness, not real mafia.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I also forgot to vote.

##vote Nat20

There are so many goddamn angles of this dog doing this. I really should watch this show.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Asiina posted:

Reading through his posts, it seems Sal is one of those people who is complaining about things in this game that aren't standard mafia, which I find suspicious. People are also right that he hasn't really been participating in scumhunting despite posting. That said, I understand if people are busy. If he makes some good posts before deadline, I may feel better about him. While looking through his post history I noticed at the end he's made posts since I started writing this post that look okay, but I'll read them in context once I'm done with this.

For now I'll say ##List 1:Nat20 2:JJ but I may change it before deadline.

Thank Asiina. I'm one of those people that wants to understand every nuance of a game and I get why you say that I'm focusing on the wrong thing.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Nichijou is really good

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

When I signed up for this game, I was expecting zaniness, not real mafia.

Except there was zaniness and you haven't participated in that either.

Also it says mafia loving twice in the title.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I feel like JJ would be a fine vote too with a survivor claim?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##Vote Jon Joe

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Except there was zaniness and you haven't participated in that either.

Also it says mafia loving twice in the title.

Your gif, hurts me, more than you know.

Anyway I’m 3P but please don’t kill me because it’s bad for town and also my wincing, even though I am a garbage of a human being who cannot make good posts

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

So why do people want to murder Nat 20? I can't really see it. He comes off as frustrated townie more than anything.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
My WINCON

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jon joe posted:

My WINCON

Are u really 3P. You have one vote on you, why claim?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Are u really 3P. You have one vote on you, why claim?

I’m 3P, and I claimed because I’m playing 47th dimensional chess

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

give head or get dead posted:

So why do people want to murder Nat 20? I can't really see it. He comes off as frustrated townie more than anything.

His dismissal of tokes came across as scummy to me. Him questioning my claim isn't scummy just relatively pointless since it resolves itself.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

give head or get dead posted:

Asiina posted:

Scummy people include Nat20 for reasons that other people have said. I like Token Female's version of the case the best, that he decided of his own accord to recuse himself from participating in the presidential election and I guess wanting to remain impartial because ???? but then comes out on D3 with a strong argument against 50 thinking that he's lying. Literally the only reason I can think of for this dramatic turn is if he's actually the cop and copped 50 last night, but I think he'd just straight up claim if that was the case, so there's no other logical reason. Also this idea that people shouldn't be explicit about their scumreads is nonsense, but whether it's "bad opinions about mafia theory" nonsense or "scum logic" I'm not sure, so it's not really the bigger part of why I think he's scummy. It's more the fact that he's focusing on all these things completely unrelated to saying who he thinks is scum.

Token Female posted:

Natural 20: There were a lot of posts about finding the president but none about finding scum. Didn't even vote for president. Never commented about how 50 totally has a made up role until now. Has been really impartial until that last post. Like on day 2 at some point I checked the OP to see if Natural 20 was a co-mod. Compared to chic and LCR (below), Natural 20 is actually trying, which is maybe makes him (?) more scummy in my eyes of the three. Also his biggest scum read is someone we cannot vote out, for a reason that he could have mentioned on day 2 while Natural 20 was spending time/effort counting the nominations. I'm not saying that 50 is town or scum, but calling him scum will have little immediate outcome.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

50 pounds of bread posted:

His dismissal of tokes came across as scummy to me. Him questioning my claim isn't scummy just relatively pointless since it resolves itself.

I'm waffling a bit now cause for a while, it sounded like his whole anti-list thing was just his scummy way of making a case on you. But the fact that he keeps going on and on about it with such ideological fervour and shining a big spotlight on himself in the process makes me uncertain.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
if I'm being honest, visibility has been my downfall as town lately so between that and life i havent felt much impetus to put out too much content

also I am announcing my own club, extra study club, for people who need to study more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
there won't be any snacks but there will be cold water and inspiration cat posters!

• Locked thread