Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote IS

This is less an agreement of a case and more process of elimination.

I don't disagree with YPM, but it's not why I'm voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

A red star can be seen in the sky.

Ah poo poo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Red star? Nah that's just Lavos

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

but uh... just in case we don't bag the last scum today, the scum team maybe outta kill you tonight, hey :v:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

but uh... just in case we don't bag the last scum today, the scum team maybe outta kill you tonight, hey :v:

I didn't use my self protect last night. I was a good boy and docd YPM

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
So bring it scumlords unless you have a juggernaut. In that case, don't bring it. Murder another.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

Also :allears: finslly recognize me as town?

You're welcome, you know gaspy tried to murderlize you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

So bring it scumlords unless you have a juggernaut. In that case, don't bring it. Murder another.

I will lol so hard if you finally self protect just to die from meteor to the face cause you didnt drop your materia hahaha

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Also :allears: finslly recognize me as town?

You're welcome, you know gaspy tried to murderlize you.

I'll check the mod doc later :cheeky:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Like doesn't this just mean that everyone's completely hosed?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The red star grows in size.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Let's turbo someone before we get crushed by a meteor :v:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

IllegallySober (1): Asiina

Not Voting (8): Anomalous Amalgam, Bifauxnen, IllegallySober, Juchero, Mithross, Natural 20, Truth Quark, Your Personal Muse

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 22nd, 2018 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Let's turbo someone before we get crushed by a meteor :v:

sounds good to me

##vote IS

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
##vote IS oh god help

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

sounds good to me

##vote IS

Yeah sure, I think we've got leeway today because of how many scum players have been dunked. So whilst I'd appreciate more investigation with a meteor looming over our heads I think it's probably best to dunk someone who has potential to be scum and generates decent information from the flip.

##vote IS

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
[b]##vote IS[b]

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote is

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
wait wtf is happening

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
ah nvm, too late... smdh

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The Red star is a meteor! It crashes into the planet killing a young soldier!

IllegallySober - Zack - Town aligned vanilla was hit by a meteor on day 7!

You are Zack

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Zack

You are town aligned vanilla and win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

It is night 7.

do a thing.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
nights are open now.
Also days are 24 hours from this point on.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
where ghost lp???

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Well, I locked in my actions like a good boy. If I die. One love, namaste.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

where ghost lp???

The real questions.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

nights are open now.
Also days are 24 hours from this point on.

are they officially open in that we can talk about the game?

Or open like they have been in that it's LP time.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

are they officially open in that we can talk about the game?

Or open like they have been in that it's LP time.

LP Time

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
cool cool

Then

Asiina posted:

where ghost lp???

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
:ghost:

Asiina posted:

where ghost lp???

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

WOO I ACTUALLY FOUND SOMEWHERE! Good stuff! As soon as we show up Aeris starts going all il papa and rubbing her face on the ground. Once again I feel like I’ve completely misstepped with companion choice here, as I doubt Cait Sith is going to have much to say about any of this.

We find Tseng almost dead at the entrance, he tells us Sephiroth showed up and stuffed them over, but also that he’s not looking for the promised land. I’m kind of glad about that one because as far as plotlines go, it didn’t really make much sense. Popping in the keystone activates this pattern:

.. which is probably a map, knowing the way these things work. I think the temple is going to be quite long.

I knew you weren’t going to appreciate coming on this trip!! Also this is like the first room, chill out. We start following the little mushroom dude because that’s what you do in these situations.

:siren: BAD LP ALERT :siren:

When Aeris started taking to this guy one of my friends asked me a question and I missed literally all the dialogue so I gave no idea who these guys are. Using final fantasy logic they’re probably either spirits of the Cetra or some long lived race of caretakers but I honestly don’t know. All I know is when I find one I can save my game so they’re the most important thing in this temple right now.

:sbahj:

Again, a puzzle that does not translate well with a twitchy virtual joystick.

not pictured: about half an hour of my life gone forever.

We get to the end of the rolling boulder puzzle only for Aeris to walk back along the path and go all weird again.

That thing was definitely a map and those pools are these things. Aeris again sticks her face in stuff and we’re treated to a flashback of something we’ve already been told about.

Cloud you don’t get to ask those questions when you’re part of the problem.

Two things from this, one is that Sephiroth is looking to merge with the planet, which to my mind is a very lateral plot explanation to “find the promised land” and two, there are TWO sephiroth’s in this flashback, one is interacting with Tseng, the other seems to be addressing the party. So either it was just dramatic monologuing with a visual metaphor, or Sephiroth knows they’re there, which isn’t good.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Temple puzzles!! This one was a bit tedious but nothing too bad, I ended up inspecting basically every room I think.

I have a few questions about the enemies found in here though. This one has 5pm on a kinyoubi written all over it.

Number 12 is a wobbly room with a big door that FEELS like it’s the way through but it’s actually locked so that’s great, love the idea that I’m meant to come back this way at some point. If it was FF8 it would also be on a time limit.

gently caress. I got hit by the second hand and fell down the hole, which I didn’t see coming. They make you fight some dragons and then drop you off..

.. back here. And at this stage I’m freaking out because holy god if it makes me do the boulder puzzle again this LP is probably over.

Luckily it’s inactive and instead we get to another puzzle about chasing the little nyum nyum guys.

Powerful unlikely, Aeris.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Two Sephiroths again. Not sure what this is getting at. Sephiroth is like “I’m sooo close” so we move on.

Uh. That’s very literal. He was RIGHT there. You don’t need to send spooky projections if you’re literally 5 feet away. He then says he’ll merge with the planet and flys up into the air with a burst of power.

... apparently he again just flew a few metres down the corridor, because he’s RIGHT THERE once again. That’s a very ominous mural in the background there.

FINALLY sephiroth’s plot makes even a tiny amount of sense; the planet uses the Lifestream to heal and grow, so he’ll wound the planet and absorb all the energy as the planet tries to heal itself. Makes heaps of sense, pretty clever, fantastic. Thank you.

Actual dialogue from scumdoc right before I die.

Cloud goes VERY weird here, getting the same double effect Sephiroth did, and questioning his own identity. Also the phrase “Black Materia” gets mentioned about 30 times in a 2 minute span.

Always love a good red dragon fight. The only challenge here was for some reason I couldn’t move the cursor over to heal Cloud, which got a bit hairy.

FUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEES.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

We can’t leave the corridor so all we can do is interact with this little model of the temple labelled, you guessed it, BLACK MATERIA.

Shaking it causes the actual temple to shake, disconcertingly.

Cloud and Cait Sith have no clue what’s going on so Aeris communes with the Ancients.

That’s pretty cool. To get it down to Materia-sized a series of puzzles need to be solved, each one shrinking the temple further. However:

Which is sub-optimal. My recommendation is get Yuffie to do it.

Cait Sith jumps over to the other side of the room and is like “I HEARD YOUR CONVERSATION” which is like no poo poo, you were an active participant in said conversation but whatever. He offers to do the puzzles and get crushed to death. Cloud is rightfully sceptical of his intentions.

Sith, I love you, you’re the best, but name one even remotely trustworthy thing you’ve done.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Making our way back out the temple, it’s time to use this door. Which is warm, apparently.

HOLY poo poo.

HOLY poo poo WHAT A GREAT LOOKING MONSTER. gently caress YES.

Aww. Time for Cait Sith to sacrifice himself.

... this is actually slightly heartbreaking. I was already a big Cait Sith fan but there’s so much genuine warmth here.

Cait Sith offers to tell them their fortune “one last time” as a favour. There’s a lot going on, and a lot at stake, wonder what they’ll pick?

... whatever.

Apparently they’ll have a long and happy future together! That’s a relief!

Cait Sith being happy and earnest is killing me.

STOP IT!! :qq:

I WON’T!!! DON’T GO!!! :qq:

AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

So the whole temple shrinks away leaving a massive crater and that’s when things get weird. Cloud goes to get the materia and Aeris is like “well thank goodness Sephiroth hasn’t found us”

:supaburn:

The closer Sephiroth gets to his goals the smarmier he gets and I’m pretty into it. He then kinda mindfucks Cloud into giving him the Black Materia while a ghost/memory of cloud as a child freaks out constantly.

Press [A] to Sh..Shut Up!

Sephiroth leaves with the materia and Cloud is left freaking out over what just happened, and another Cait Sith shows up and is like “I’m Cait Sith 2! Hooray!” But I will NEVER FORGET CAIT SITH ONE.

Here, Aeris demonstrates the importance of not being seen.

Cloud spaces out into a forest where Aeris tells him things will be okay and she needs to go and protect the last of the Ancients power.

That actually sounds great. Well into this idea.

But then after Aeris leaves, GUESS WHO pops down and was like “nya ha ha! I saw everything! Your pretty friend is DOOMED!” and Cloud wakes up.

Luckily Aeris is infinitely more capable than you, Cloud.

Barret is not the most sympathetic to Cloud’s troubles. Barret and Tifa then tell him that he’s got to find Aeris to protect her from Sephiroth. Cloud’s like “what if I totally freak out again?!”, Tifa’s angle is “we’ll help you,” Barret’s angle is “DON’T.” So we all join up and now it’s TIME TO FIND AERIS!!

... guys..

... guys I have no idea where I’m meant to be going...

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asphyxious posted:

... guys..

... guys I have no idea where I’m meant to be going...

the bin

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The bloody body of Choco Bill was discovered outside of his ranch.

Truth Quark - Choco Bill - Town aligned Mason Recruiter was shot on night 7!

You are Choco Bill

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Choco_Bill

You are a town aligned Mason Recruiter(unconfirmed) you win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

It is Day 8!

Todays materia is Knights of the round!

Today's mini game is a writing contest.

Please write a small story (Minimum of 400 characters.) About any final fantasy 7 characters you wish.

Submit them to me and I will have them judged.

The winner gets the VERY powerful Knights of the round materia, you will want it.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Not Voting (7): Anomalous Amalgam, Asiina, Bifauxnen, Juchero, Mithross, Natural 20, Your Personal Muse

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 24th, 2018 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 13 hours.

Todays materia is Knights of the round!

Today's mini game is a writing contest.

Please write a small story (Minimum of 400 characters.) About any final fantasy 7 characters you wish.

Submit them to me and I will have them judged.

The winner gets the VERY powerful Knights of the round materia, you will want it.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
:ghost: wow rude :ghost:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh good the game is back.

You dumb motherfuckers followed a plan from me who has not been reading the game and ended her post with a :v: ?????

What in the hell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh also I was frozen in time....whatever that means!

• Locked thread