Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ThinkTank posted:

Evander Kane - LW - BUF A wildly inconsistent sniper, he can most often be found picking his sodden clothes out of shower stalls and quarreling with teammates. He's an all round terrible human so I have no idea why anyone would pay actual assets for him but here we are.

Please don't perpetuate the rumors created by the racist Canadian media that Kane is locker room cancer, he is apparently a cool dude. He was playing the best hockey of his career earlier in the season. He's good and who knows, some other team might have someone he is extremely compatible with and turn him into a superstar.

PS somebody give Buffalo a better goalie and/or defenseman, we also have a Lehner and a uses Gorges we are willing to part with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I would not be surprised to see Rick Nash push 50ish points on a team that isn't the Rangers next season.
That said even if he's only good for 15-20 goals that's not the worst pick-up a team could make.
Also I'm not sure where the Pens would put Grabner unless they're planning on shipping out a winger. (If they do, hopefully Hagelin because even though he's picked up lately, he's still a luxury at $4m)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I would not be surprised to see Rick Nash push 50ish points on a team that isn't the Rangers next season.
That said even if he's only good for 15-20 goals that's not the worst pick-up a team could make.
Also I'm not sure where the Pens would put Grabner unless they're planning on shipping out a winger. (If they do, hopefully Hagelin because even though he's picked up lately, he's still a luxury at $4m)

We don't want him back, thanks.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I said this before but Nash is a good player that can play in all situations and pop in goals and create tons of chances all by himself. He’s a great add for a team that could use a good second liner to help their depth

I’d also love it if he came back to NY next year on a better deal

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mike_V posted:

I hope St.Louis overpays for the corpse of Brent Seabrook

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sadly I have accepted that because of all the bad contracts Bowman handed out Chicago just isnt going to be able to move any players at the deadline aside from maybe Anisimov. :smith:

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Yzerman said he isn't moving players from their current roster, meaning he isn't trading Sergachev or Point. I was hoping one of them would end up on the Rangers because that'd be a good trade for the Rangers (and probably not the Lightning.)

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Sergachev is overhyped af

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Zodijackylite posted:

Yzerman said he isn't moving players from their current roster, meaning he isn't trading Sergachev or Point. I was hoping one of them would end up on the Rangers because that'd be a good trade for the Rangers (and probably not the Lightning.)

I'm hoping Jeff crosses him off the list then because gently caress that poo poo if its for McD.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Tampa needs a RHD, so they'll probably get Green for a 1st.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

It's a real shame this didn't go through because then Benning could have sent that 2nd to DC for Orpik.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
https://twitter.com/SunDoniB/status/966794707098591237

it's happening

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thufir posted:

Nashville will probably do something for a top 6 winger. David Poile is all-in on this roster and I'm sure sees their peak window as this year and next year and basically the whole roster is already locked in for 2018-19. Mike Fisher is coming out of retirement but is probably waiting to sign until Monday to give Nashville contract limit flexibility at the deadline. Also Poile has said they are planning on bringing KHL/Olympic stud prospect Eeli Tolvanen over after the KHL season ends. They have like $13m in cap space so can probably add anyone they want.

Stuff they can give up:
- They have most of their picks for the next 3 drafts except for the 2018 2nd and 2019 3rd. Expect the 2018 first to get moved.
- Dante Fabbro: the 2016 17th overall. D man for BU with 26 points in 30 games. Seems like he is likely being dangled as a high-value prospect.
- Pontus Aberg: Has skill but hasn't shown a ton at the NHL level, though hasn't gotten that much of a chance. Good record in the AHL.
- Mikka Salomaki: Seems to be kind of a disposable 4th liner but had one good AHL season, someone might want to take a chance on him.
- Emil Pettersson: Older brother of Elias, the Canucks prospect, who seems to be way better. Emil is leading the Admirals in points though.

That's probably it for interesting assets. I think the likely big pieces will be picks, Fabbro, and maybe Aberg.

Rumored Targets:
Rick Nash - There was a bunch of talk about this a few weeks ago but he would cost a lot and I think I saw Travis Yost (does he have contacts?) saying he heard it wasn't happening.
Tomas Tatar - There was some talk about this from Friedman and Dreger this week.
edit: I just saw some stuff about Poile talking to Ottawa about Karlsson, which is hilarious.

Untouchables:
Probably everyone on the NHL roster not mentioned above unless something crazy happens. Also probably Tolvanen.

It's probably due diligence but the idea of a D with Karlsson and Subban is some :stare: poo poo

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Gonna be real pissed in the next 3 days

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's probably due diligence but the idea of a D with Karlsson and Subban is some :stare: poo poo

Yeah it's kind of absurd. I have to think Josi or Ellis or Ekholm would have to go back the other way though? Melynk would love the cost-certainty of Josi or Ekholm's deals, but they're both left shot? I dunno, it's a crazy idea.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Levitate posted:

Sergachev is overhyped af

Yet he still has more points this season than Drouin

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

grack posted:

Yet he still has more points this season than Drouin

well serge isn't played out of position

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
It'd be nice the Blues could dump Steen's contract while he's still capable of scoring. It's gonna look bad in 2 years, I think. Also if someone would take Jay Bouwmeester or Sobotka or Berglund.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

yellowcar posted:

well serge isn't played out of position

Serge is probably a better center than drouin

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mike_V posted:

It'd be nice the Blues could dump Steen's contract while he's still capable of scoring. It's gonna look bad in 2 years, I think. Also if someone would take Jay Bouwmeester or Sobotka or Berglund.

I've been having that thought about Giordano. Trade him while he's still carrying value. I love Gio but that deal's gonna be sour as hell in a year or 2.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Wonderllama posted:

Serge is probably a better center than drouin

probably

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

bizarre deformity posted:

Please don't perpetuate the rumors created by the racist Canadian media that Kane is locker room cancer, he is apparently a cool dude. He was playing the best hockey of his career earlier in the season. He's good and who knows, some other team might have someone he is extremely compatible with and turn him into a superstar.

Justin Falk lost his poo poo on Kane because they're best friends? Where there's smoke with fire with that guy. I'd say the rumours are overblown, but it's clear he's not been an especially popular teammate on two teams now.

There also aren't many "good guys" out there who have multiple reported instances of abusing women so I'm not sure what you're defending here.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Justin Falk lost his poo poo on Kane because they're best friends? Where there's smoke with fire with that guy. I'd say the rumours are overblown, but it's clear he's not been an especially popular teammate on two teams now.

There also aren't many "good guys" out there who have multiple reported instances of abusing women so I'm not sure what you're defending here.

Didn't Kane get a domestic violence arrest?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Didn't Kane get a domestic violence arrest?

He's been investigated for assault a couple times, once in Winnipeg and once in Buffalo but both charges were ultimately dropped.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ThinkTank posted:

He's been investigated for assault a couple times, once in Winnipeg and once in Buffalo but both charges were ultimately dropped.

I agree that his behavior outside the rink has been extremely problematic at times but I still think the locker room cancer thing is total bs, at least here, there's little-to-no proof of the supposed animosity in the Buffalo locker room. And calling him trash is kind of ridiculous. He's good at hockey. Teams will want him for that.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

That awkward moment when it took me a second to figure out if you meant Evander or Patrick

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

That awkward moment when it took me a second to figure out if you meant Evander or Patrick

Lord help us if/when they end up on the same squad

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ginette Reno posted:

Somehow Patrick Kane is a bigger piece of poo poo

Thufir
May 19, 2004

:siren:TRADES:siren:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/966877534762688513

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Pretty solid assuming that prospect isn't Michael McLeod which it surely isn't, probably a mid level dude.

I believe that's the first trade ever between the Devils and Rangers.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Holy hell. Is this the first Devils Rangers grade?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

LOL

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Devils gonna be fun to watch in the postseason.

Also, I didn’t realize how ridiculously lopsided Grabner’s stats were.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

T-Bone posted:

Pretty solid assuming that prospect isn't Michael McLeod which it surely isn't, probably a mid level dude.

I believe that's the first trade ever between the Devils and Rangers.

Rykov apparently

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

What the gently caress is a Rykov?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
So DAS, who wants to tell me about Rykov?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Wow how could no other teams match that

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
My guess is they try Grabner on the first line and move Bratt down (or maybe Palmieri up and Grabner to the 2nd line).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jovial Cow posted:

So DAS, who wants to tell me about Rykov?

quote:

January 2018 - Rykov is slowly rising up the Devils' prospect depth chart with another strong season with KHL’s top team, SKA St. Petersburg. Rykov has nearly doubled his point totals from last season and has managed to find the back of the net twice this year, something he had never done before in his two previous KHL campaigns. Rykov was one of twelve Russian defenceman invited to tryout for “Olympic Athletes from Russia” who look to be a favourite in the 2018 Winter Olympics. Rykov may be a long shot to make the final roster, but he is definitely turning heads in Russia.

Comparable I've heard is Ian Cole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Cool, so he played with Buch and Shesty?

• Locked thread