Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kitfox88 posted:

Well I mean, would it be as easy as 'open nifskope, scale 60%, save' to make it work properly in game? Or would I need to do animation edits and poo poo too?

Maybe? I've been able to shrink NPCs before without any issue, but I don't know how modular robot bits work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh hey a mod that gives Piper's kid sister Nat a unique appearance? That sounds neat-oh-no. :stonk:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

marshmallow creep posted:

Oh hey a mod that gives Piper's kid sister Nat a unique appearance? That sounds neat-oh-no. :stonk:

Not gonna lie, that was not the EXACT "oh no" I expected.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That's fair, given what's out there, but that was just my reaction. Going through the pictures thinking "so did you just make her an adult?" and then nope.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_inlzsDhQ&t=34s

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Hmm, it's a bummer but it looks like assault weapons still reign supreme in Horizon. I'd have liked rolling with my trusty N99 and double-barrel all the way to endgame, but the former just isn't doing enough damage while revolvers cost way too much AP per shot.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

toasterwarrior posted:

Hmm, it's a bummer but it looks like assault weapons still reign supreme in Horizon. I'd have liked rolling with my trusty N99 and double-barrel all the way to endgame, but the former just isn't doing enough damage while revolvers cost way too much AP per shot.

Not even when chambered in 12.7mm? It's not quite an assault rifle, but I've taken out Deathclaws with that thing.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Terrorforge posted:

Not even when chambered in 12.7mm? It's not quite an assault rifle, but I've taken out Deathclaws with that thing.

12.7mm is badass, yeah, but it's a late-game ammo. You can get 5.56 much earlier, and it does a bit less damage in exchange for being far more plentiful, easier to craft, and also shoots faster. Also I think you get the .50cal recipe around the same level as you get 12.7mm, and the LMG has a .50cal option too.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

12.7mm is badass, yeah, but it's a late-game ammo. You can get 5.56 much earlier, and it does a bit less damage in exchange for being far more plentiful, easier to craft, and also shoots faster. Also I think you get the .50cal recipe around the same level as you get 12.7mm, and the LMG has a .50cal option too.

Still means you can keep using it if you don't mind being slightly less than optimal. Horizon isn't so hard that you have to use the very strongest option available to you at all times.

Unless I guess you're playing with increased difficulty and Desolation and whatnot, in which case you could consider going back to standard difficulty and handicapping yourself in other ways, like, I don't know, trying to use a starting weapon of a weaker weapon group throughout the whole game.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

A low-impact green wasteland mod just went up on the nexus. I've wanted one of these for a while but couldn't reasonably run the big ones already there other than just the one that adds grass. :toot: So far other than constantly mistaking the ferns it adds for hubflowers that I can't harvest it's pretty awesome.

Will this have an effect on how anything else looks. I have everything on max settings, so would everything look weird?

I've heard that the other, higher resolution green mods can have a high impact, but would that only be noticeable for people that are usually running lower settings?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Terrorforge posted:

I would've really enjoyed that antenna if it hadn't decided to spawn in at the bottom of my multi-story concrete shanty complex and clip through three levels of housing.

It's not perfect, but if you globally ban the wasteland lounger from the plans drawer, you'll know that any one that does show up is because a VIP's building it.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It seems to be a little bit unclear what actually causes the cities to upgrade. According to the documentation/video, it has a hard requirement of 100% scrap collected (which is fairly easy to meet), and then it also depends on happiness, with higher level upgrades requiring higher happiness (I think the level 0 -> 1 upgrade still requires a 70% minimum - I'm not sure the exact line), and apparently it also depends on the upgrade levels of the plots themselves. Even with all the requirements met, there's a random, relatively long delay in game time between upgrades (the video says that the 0 -> 1 upgrade can take around 10 game days, and higher level ones are longer), so you can end up sitting quite a while on a settlement level even with 100% scrap and happiness and all the plots at level 3.

All of these are correct, yes. Full scrap, 70/80/90% happiness, sufficient total levels of deployed plots, and enough game time.

You can turn on Papyrus logging and every half hour or so it should report why your settlements aren't upgrading.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Is there a preferred enemy level scaling mod? I'm looking at stuff that keeps things interesting without making it absolutely ball-busting hard. I'm going to be running More Spawns (medium) for some extra mob density on Survival.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
The guys doing the FO3 remake released some gameplay/main quest footage this morning. Looks pretty good for pre-alpha.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
New SS patch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3ahuSV72LE

If anyone else has been having problems with crashing and Sanctuary there's now a remote detonation tool which will let you clear out settlements from neighbouring cells while they work on a proper fix for the crash

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

8 Ball posted:

New SS patch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3ahuSV72LE

If anyone else has been having problems with crashing and Sanctuary there's now a remote detonation tool which will let you clear out settlements from neighbouring cells while they work on a proper fix for the crash

Had that issue myself, Garvey went all hog wild building the place up ..

To "fix", I had to infinitesimally slowly creep towards Sanctuary from Red Rocket to let everything load (in Sanctuary) in stages, then get to and use the construction desk to lower or eliminate performance hogging elements like clutter, animations, etc. It's still janky as hell, but no more sudden CTD's ..

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

It has been so long since I went back to Sanctuary because of that issue.

How do you patch sim settlements? Just uninstall your current version and install the newest one? Is there a straight patch you download? Couldn't find a straight patch, only patch notes.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

It has been so long since I went back to Sanctuary because of that issue.

How do you patch sim settlements? Just uninstall your current version and install the newest one? Is there a straight patch you download? Couldn't find a straight patch, only patch notes.

Just replace it. If you use MO2 (which you probably should) you can install the new version as a separate mod and just click it on, so you can always go back if things break.

Make sure you uncheck the old version, though. I once ended up running two different versions of Horizon at the same time, and it wasn't pretty.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfK4kgvqPP4

god bless this great nation

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

After over 150 hours of playtime since I started using mods I think I am finally burnt out. I considered trying out the Frost mod, which looks really cool but I realized I can just wait a few months for Metro Exodus instead for a far more complete experience. Besides, I'd rather something like Frost be a standalone game than be built on top of Fallout 4.

My biggest regret is that I never really found a mod that balanced the combat in a way that felt just right. The weapon rebalance mod came the closest to what I wanted, and I will use it if I start another play through.

I didn't like the Horizon mod. I got sick of it really fast.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

The Skeleton King posted:

After over 150 hours of playtime since I started using mods I think I am finally burnt out. I considered trying out the Frost mod, which looks really cool but I realized I can just wait a few months for Metro Exodus instead for a far more complete experience. Besides, I'd rather something like Frost be a standalone game than be built on top of Fallout 4.

My biggest regret is that I never really found a mod that balanced the combat in a way that felt just right. The weapon rebalance mod came the closest to what I wanted, and I will use it if I start another play through.

I didn't like the Horizon mod. I got sick of it really fast.

Yeah, it happens. Some people can just play the same game (mods or no) for years and years, but most fall in and out of it. I'm on, what, my third months-long hiatus from this thing?

Fwiw though I think FROST and Metro are pretty different. Never really played the Metro games, but from what I've seen they're linear, story-driven FPSes. FROST is much more of a survival RPG with lots of open-world exploration. If you want that as a standalone game, you should probably look to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series rather than Metro.

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010
I did a little bit of testing related to my earlier problems (launching in a tiny window, low resolution), and it appears that the problem isn't tied to F4SE or any mods, but Mod Organizer itself. When I launch from Steam, everything's fine. When I launch from MO, the previous issues come up. Has anyone had this issue before?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yes. What I did was go into My Games\Fallout 4\ and copy the contents of Fallout4.ini and Fallout4Prefs.ini into the INI editor of MO2. Just wholesale replace it.

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010
:swoon: Thank you! This has been driving me crazy for a while. The Creation Club still has a $ sign in front of it for some reason, but I can live with that. Now it's time to see if this shambling abomination can run!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

SleuthDiplomacy posted:

:swoon: Thank you! This has been driving me crazy for a while. The Creation Club still has a $ sign in front of it for some reason, but I can live with that. Now it's time to see if this shambling abomination can run!

I had the $ problem with my install but they were all over the place including in game. In the end I had to scrub every trace of F4 and MO from my PC and start fresh.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

clone on the phone posted:

I had the $ problem with my install but they were all over the place including in game. In the end I had to scrub every trace of F4 and MO from my PC and start fresh.

I have the $Creation Club thing too but it only showed up when I first installed DEF_UI so I figured it was related to that (I never bothered to look for a fix for it since it was just that one thing)

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I have the $Creation Club thing too but it only showed up when I first installed DEF_UI so I figured it was related to that (I never bothered to look for a fix for it since it was just that one thing)

I just thought it was one of the modders being cheeky, honestly.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It is, deleting translate_en.txt in the interface folder should clear it up along with installing the latest translations files if you haven't already.

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010

delta534 posted:

It is, deleting translate_en.txt in the interface folder should clear it up along with installing the latest translations files if you haven't already.

And that did it! Thanks.

EDIT: But now there seems to be an item sorting issue. I have Valdacil's Item Sorting active, but weapons and armor pieces don't have sorting prefixes. Clothing suits, junk, and ammo all seem to have the proper prefix icon. I can post my load order if that helps, I just didn't want to dump a huge list in the middle of the thread.

SleuthDiplomacy fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 28, 2018

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

SleuthDiplomacy posted:

And that did it! Thanks.

EDIT: But now there seems to be an item sorting issue. I have Valdacil's Item Sorting active, but weapons and armor pieces don't have sorting prefixes. Clothing suits, junk, and ammo all seem to have the proper prefix icon. I can post my load order if that helps, I just didn't want to dump a huge list in the middle of the thread.

Do you have any rebalancing mods? Because afaik VIS directly edits records, so any mods that alter weapons in any way will also break their sorting prefixes unless specifically included by that mod/a patch.

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010

Terrorforge posted:

Do you have any rebalancing mods? Because afaik VIS directly edits records, so any mods that alter weapons in any way will also break their sorting prefixes unless specifically included by that mod/a patch.

I don't... think so? Closest I can tell that would cause issues would be Legendary Overhaul, Legendary Modifications, Better Automatron Weapons, and Armorsmith Extended. Would the Unofficial Patch cause these conflicts?

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

SleuthDiplomacy posted:

I don't... think so? Closest I can tell that would cause issues would be Legendary Overhaul, Legendary Modifications, Better Automatron Weapons, and Armorsmith Extended. Would the Unofficial Patch cause these conflicts?

Maybe? The existence of this patch would suggest so. Also, did you make sure you have AWKCR? The Armorsmith page notes that it's necessary for the VIS compatibility to work. Legendary Modifications also requires a patch, so make sure that's installed. It's under "Old Files" under Files.

If it's not that, those are still the mods I'd look at to troubleshoot. Start by disabling all of them and relaunching your game and see if things are fixed. If they are, re-enable them selectively until it breaks again. If they aren't, your problem is elsewhere. You may have to drop your equipment and pick it back up or spawn in entirely new items for the naming changes to work.

Oh and ftr Legendary Overhaul and Legendary Modifications aren't really compatible. I don't know any details, but the LO page says as much.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Any recommendations for something to reduce the HP bloat of late-game enemies? Last time I played I got through to Fah Harbah, but even regular dudes took longer to kill than felt fun.

I'm also not a fan of the damage boosting perks for different weapon types, by which I mean, "I've put perks into automatic weapons so I guess I should only use automatic weapons on this character, because anything else would be ineffective against these HP sponge enemies."

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Dr Snofeld posted:

Any recommendations for something to reduce the HP bloat of late-game enemies? Last time I played I got through to Fah Harbah, but even regular dudes took longer to kill than felt fun.

I'm also not a fan of the damage boosting perks for different weapon types, by which I mean, "I've put perks into automatic weapons so I guess I should only use automatic weapons on this character, because anything else would be ineffective against these HP sponge enemies."

The Better Locational Damage overhaul.
Does more than the name suggests; read the page for details or see one of my earlier posts evangelising for it.

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010

Terrorforge posted:

Maybe? The existence of this patch would suggest so. Also, did you make sure you have AWKCR? The Armorsmith page notes that it's necessary for the VIS compatibility to work. Legendary Modifications also requires a patch, so make sure that's installed. It's under "Old Files" under Files.

If it's not that, those are still the mods I'd look at to troubleshoot. Start by disabling all of them and relaunching your game and see if things are fixed. If they are, re-enable them selectively until it breaks again. If they aren't, your problem is elsewhere. You may have to drop your equipment and pick it back up or spawn in entirely new items for the naming changes to work.

Oh and ftr Legendary Overhaul and Legendary Modifications aren't really compatible. I don't know any details, but the LO page says as much.

Cool, I will try this. As far as the Legendary Overhaul page says, the two are compatible, but I went ahead and disabled Legendary Modifications.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Dr Snofeld posted:

Unbogus Health Scaling (compatible with everything, removes level dependent health bonuses for NPCs and player) https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24313
and/or
Unbogus Health Ranges and More (redoes health ranges for enemies, not compatible with other overhauls) https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24626

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014
My apologies if it’s been posted before, but is there a guide on all of the content in Horizon/how to implement it? It seems like a fun mod, but I’d like to have a reference point if I’m unsure of something.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Fallout 4 has just had a small patch. Apparently it's adding some pet stuff to the Creation Club.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I decided to make all encounter zone min and max level 125, maybe that will be a challenge.
making all in one mods for stuff like power armor is hell. mods, mods never changes.
Still, having raiders attack me with gundam power armor, totally mismatched with X-02 and -03 and whatever other strangeness I can force together should be another step towards a wacky wasteland.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

My apologies if it’s been posted before, but is there a guide on all of the content in Horizon/how to implement it? It seems like a fun mod, but I’d like to have a reference point if I’m unsure of something.

Unfortunately not. horse mans built a little reference site that collated a lot of the scattered data which I thought was linked somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it at the moment.

Failing that, you'll have to turn to the description and articles for basic information, or you can skip straight to the New Player Guide.

For more detail, check the Patch Notes. It's pretty daunting, but ctrl+f is your friend.

Not sure what you mean by "implementing", though? There's some information on the description page about how to set up your load order, if that's what you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Basically keep Horizon and all of its bits near the end of your load order and by and large you should be fine. I guess. I still have weird issues that I'm not sure how to fix.