Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

RIP Jimmy G Buckets (the G stands for tearing his ACL)

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm hoping for SA-OKC if Kawhi doesn't come back for the playoffs, that way on the off chance the Spurs somehow win I can taunt u about losing to lamarcus forever

you really think okc, the team that has given the spurs the most problems this decade, would lose to the spurs starring LMA?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Thibs killing his stars again, good job you greasy idiot

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Metapod posted:

you really think okc, the team that has given the spurs the most problems this decade, would lose to the spurs starring LMA?
Oh hell no thats why it'd be so hilarious and delicious if it somehow actually happened
There's some actual series upside when it comes to confronting the horror of potentially watching the lamarcus playoff Spurs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gently caress

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the wolves could very well miss the playoffs

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Oh hell no thats why it'd be so hilarious and delicious if it somehow actually happened
There's some actual series upside when it comes to confronting the horror of potentially watching the lamarcus playoff Spurs

aldridge would get 40 points in a loss just like 2016

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

how many more years of thibs are the wolves stuck with?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

the wolves could very well miss the playoffs

by helping prop up the pelicans, a hideous jimmy butler injury has still managed to gently caress the bulls

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/967242268007596034

Keep praying

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jimmy goes down, thibs immediately calls rose

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Davis-Holiday PnR is really fun to watch as long as neither shoot a 3.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Fuuuuck that really blows. loving all-star curse this year.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lockback posted:

He didn't even play in the all star game

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Hahah love the avatar, kibner

Here's hoping JG Buckets is okay. Poor wolves fans.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

blue squares posted:

He didn't even play in the all star game

Let those among us who have never missed work because we stayed up drinking with Marky Mark car the first stone.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lockback posted:

lol, yeah its totally this mysterious curse and not playing 45 minutes a game

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

AggressivelyStupid posted:

lol, yeah its totally this mysterious curse and not playing 45 minutes a game

Lou Will has powerful voodoo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/hoopscritic/status/967261156040572928

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The amount of non contact injuries this year is insane, maybe something to do with the higher pace as a byproduct of the stretched out schedule?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/967178441903788033

:stare:

Yeah dude 8 days of rest isn't going to magically repair a season of being thibadeu'd

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

straight up brolic posted:

He also said that they drafted Jayson Tatum because he made like 250/300 threes in a pre-draft workout

I think I would reflexively boo this and get kicked out.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Karl Malone vs. Anthony Davis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrB-ASnFMVQ

Malone must've passed some secret knowledge on because AD has done 38+/10+ in four straight games. The last person to do that was Karl in 1988.

R.D. Mangles posted:

jimmy goes down, thibs immediately calls rose

Rose's going back to college:
https://twitter.com/KingJique/status/966736507192205313

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Every injury can be attributed to overplaying. It’s silly.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I think I would reflexively boo this and get kicked out.

I'd remove you myself.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Pshh you had me excited for some 1v1.

This vid did get me to think though, does AD wear the compression T-shirt thing to hide his shoulder/bicep tats?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

soggybagel posted:

Derrick Rose's first ACL tear literally happened with like 2 minutes remaining in a blowout. Granted this wasn't that but still.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Man Anthony Davis is really good at Basketball.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Derrick Rose's first ACL tear literally happened with like 2 minutes remaining in a blowout. Granted this wasn't that but still.

It wasnt a blowout...

It was 12 points.

There is not a coach in the world that takes his starters out up 12 in a playoff game.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

It wasnt a blowout...

It was 12 points.

There is not a coach in the world that takes his starters out up 12 in a playoff game.

Wasn't it 12 points inside 2 minutes?

I just looked it up. There was 1:22 left. So you're kind of really dumb. They'd need to miss EVERY free throw attempt and give up four threes in less than a minute and a half.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
drat that took a mean turn

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cool Buff Man posted:

drat that took a mean turn

Well I completely agree that Jimmy's injury shouldn't inherently be blamed on Thibs but this narrative that he doesn't overwork players is kinda not at all defensible when the injury that ostensibly ended Derrick Rose's career happened with 1:22 left in a 12 point game. Like, seriously.

Do I think Tom Thibodeau is responsible for the injuries? Not really. Do I think he's a loving moron for some of the minutes spreads he uses, especially AFTER what happened to Rose? Yeah

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Away all Goats posted:

The amount of non contact injuries this year is insane, maybe something to do with the higher pace as a byproduct of the stretched out schedule?

Guys are really athletic and play hard. Pivoting from offense to defense and scrambling for loose balls can easily put you in a very compromised position. It's the privilege of length and athleticism meeting the hard limits for how many times you can tug and twist a tendon with four times your body weight slinging it sidewards

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

soggybagel posted:

Yeah, Stevens plays Hayward too many minutes in first quarters.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 24, 2018

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just looked it up. There was 1:22 left. So you're kind of really dumb. They'd need to miss EVERY free throw attempt and give up four threes in less than a minute and a half.

Its a playoff game and anything can happen.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Kibner posted:

Yeah, Stevens plays Hayward too many minutes in first quarters.

Prior to his injury, Hayward was averaging 240 minutes a night of LoL

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well I completely agree that Jimmy's injury shouldn't inherently be blamed on Thibs but this narrative that he doesn't overwork players is kinda not at all defensible when the injury that ostensibly ended Derrick Rose's career happened with 1:22 left in a 12 point game. Like, seriously.

Do I think Tom Thibodeau is responsible for the injuries? Not really. Do I think he's a loving moron for some of the minutes spreads he uses, especially AFTER what happened to Rose? Yeah

It's pretty obvious Rose's knee problems wasn't due to playing at that particular minute. If he pulled him out its not like he would be healthy today, his knees fell apart. Plus the narrative that Rose's injury was because of too many minutes also falls apart when you look at reality, he was #165 in minutes played that season.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSWE_Wbu80o

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
I had always heard that Rose’s knee problems were due in large part to him being really bad at landing softly, he’s like the opposite of LeBron when it comes to biomechanics and being a brain genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

creamcorn posted:

I had always heard that Rose’s knee problems were due in large part to him being really bad at landing softly, he’s like the opposite of LeBron when it comes to biomechanics and being a brain genius.

Probably, he really crashed down hard whenever he went up. I think in these situations its a combination of biometrics, his own biology and the pure strain being a pro basketball player takes on the connective tissue.

• Locked thread