Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Zaza is a good player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Whether Zaza is intentional or accidental is surely irrelevant. He's a danger to other players. I don't watch basketball to watch Zaza. I watch it for players like Westbrook, Kawhi, etc. Preventing him from injuring one of them is worth the cost of no more Zaza in my opinion.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
P.s. I hate Zaza as much as the next guy but I agree that it looked accidental last night.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Paperback Writer posted:

Most Warrior fans haven’t wanted Zaza since they got him tbh

you guys sure loved him when you defended the gently caress out of his obviously intentional undercutting of kawhi

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Based on my phrenology chart I can tell you Zaza is of low intelligence and low moral character

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Quizzlefish posted:

P.s. I hate Zaza as much as the next guy but I agree that it looked accidental last night.

Cmon man he completely sprawled out on WBs leg. Maybe Nick Young made him go down, but he turned it into a dirty play when he made no attempt to catch himself and instead aimed for the legs/ankles

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

misdirectomy posted:

Alright gently caress I'll fall on this grenade. Nick Young's foot is clearly hooked behind his knee. Watch it carefully.

In football practice as kids it was pretty common to come up to a guy not paying attention to anything around him and just give him a swift knock to the back of the knee. You know what never happened? They never paused for a second, found the nearest NBA all star's knees and then bellyflopped.

It seems even more suspicious since his left foot wasn't even planted and his posture was generally back and not falling forward.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ITT we vehemently defend LeBron no matter what the facts are and do the opposite to any Warriors players.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Please tell me when LeBron has dived at some dude's legs

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

RCarr posted:

ITT we vehemently defend LeBron no matter what the facts are and do the opposite to any Warriors players.

Lol what

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Quizzlefish posted:

Whether Zaza is intentional or accidental is surely irrelevant. He's a danger to other players. I don't watch basketball to watch Zaza. I watch it for players like Westbrook, Kawhi, etc. Preventing him from injuring one of them is worth the cost of no more Zaza in my opinion.

Zaza is just one of hundreds of tall goofy uncoordinated guys who've come through the league and had to do things outside of their ability to try and stick in the league. It's nothing new. It's somewhat dangerous I guess, but nothing new and they're still professional athletes. Pachulia wouldn't have a job in the league if people thought he was anything close to trying to injure players intentionally. In my opinion, Blake Griffin trying to navigate his way through the lane with his awful footwork and flailing everywhere is twice as dangerous as Zaza. Blake constantly elbows everyone in the face and flops all over, although he's not so bad nowadays. The difference is Blake is a name, so we're not analyzing every time he falls, and can coast along without having to close out on shooters or try to fight for a rebound that he has virtually no shot at getting to but Zaza does or else he's out of the league. It's just bad luck. If it wasn't then Durant wouldn't share the court with him again. But Westbrook got upset about a goofy guy falling on him (and how is Zaza supposed to hurt him when Westbrook is already on the ground?) and now we're all falling for the lovely cable tv news drama thing. At worst, I'd guess Zaza did the thing Rodman used to do to Malone where he'd keep pretending to trip over him to piss Karl off

BIZORT fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 25, 2018

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

warcrimes posted:

Zaza's a piece of poo poo but he's OUR piece of poo poo. He'll be gone next year and DC will be our center for the MLE, don't worry

Dante Cunningham can barely play PF, much less C.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
This is amazing.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

If you really want to see intentional and completely remorseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnayIPA0Yfk

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Why yes it is possible to be more dirty and a larger piece of poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Al Horford is also a goofy big man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XvtsEexal0&t=50s

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you are so clumsy and uncoordinated that you literally cannot run without tripping over yourself constantly I'm pretty sure you are not going to make it into the best basketball league on Earth

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Al Horford is black so my opinion is completely different

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

If you are so clumsy and uncoordinated that you literally cannot run without tripping over yourself constantly I'm pretty sure you are not going to make it into the best basketball league on Earth

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

BIZORT posted:

Al Horford is black so my opinion is completely different

:thunk:

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Russ shoulda been running back on defense and not trying to pad his stats anyways, its basically his fault.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Warriors fans are the scum of the Earth

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I remember when the Lakers were good enough to be universally reviled :smith:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
hey i heard we were talking about Lebron in here

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Brolander posted:

hey i heard we were talking about Lebron in here

Nah, it's Buck Williams chat in here

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
This is how I feel too

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/967653649802407936

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dexo posted:

Please tell me when LeBron has dived at some dude's legs

He did take a pretty epic dive at the city of Cleveland's legs.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

“My reign is not yet over... you live, and my power is complete. Follow me; I seek the everlasting ices of the north, where you will feel the misery of cold and frost to which I am impassive. You will find near this place, if you follow not too tardily, a dead hare; eat and be refreshed.”

Note found in Zaza's locker after the game.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 25, 2018

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I love how we can be talking about literally anything and RCarr will always run in and yell something about how we all love lebron

Its like clockwork

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Cool sign spotted behind Bill Walton at the Arizona game last night

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cool Buff Man posted:

Cool sign spotted behind Bill Walton at the Arizona game last night

Owns

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

gently caress, i got fake newsed. My bad

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Ammanas posted:

gently caress, i got fake newsed. My bad

Its cool, Zaza still dirty as heck though.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

I love how we can be talking about literally anything and RCarr will always run in and yell something about how we all love lebron

Its like clockwork

i do love him tho

also rcarr owns

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

RCarr posted:

Knights of Lebron, assemble

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
I don't give a gently caress about Zaza, Westbrook or LeBron, but here:

https://streamable.com/v6fqa

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Constellation I posted:

It cracks me up when people post this. Getting the back of your knee [edit: pulled] doesn't make your shoulders go forward. Zaza is, like he always does, using contact to try to fall on people.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 25, 2018

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Bashez posted:

It cracks me up when people post this. Getting the back of your knee doesn't make your shoulders go forward. Zaza is, like he always does, using contact to try to fall on people.

At that point it’s not even like Nick is trying to kick his knee out or anything, his foot just kind of ends up there touching his calf and then Zaza jumps forward. If anything that gif makes it clearer it was intentional as his foot is already in its final position at 0:06 and Zaza lunges forward at 0:09 pushing off of his right foot which wasn’t even touched.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Plus it looks like he aims a little karate shot at Westbrook’s nads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Constellation I posted:

You seriously gonna do this bro

• Locked thread