Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Wheeee posted:

in all fairness, at least up here, not everyone who becomes a cop is a bad person. most in fact probably arent! poor bastards grew up devouring the propaganda which tells us all that police are selfless heroes working for the public’s safety

it’s the training and immersion in the cop culture that turns most of them bad

when the day comes that cop blood stains your hands, your heart should be filled only with pity for the creature

all cops are bad people

what they were like before joining the force isn't important, save that they thought being a cop was a great thing to do with their life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grand Prize Winner posted:

i heard that if you get shot by a cop and survive you turn into a cop on the next full moon

If you steal a cops gun he can't shoot you

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Main Paineframe posted:

all cops are bad people

what they were like before joining the force isn't important, save that they thought being a cop was a great thing to do with their life

I don't believe that all cops are bad people but automatically presuming the one you end up delaing with is a bad person is sadly the only rational survival strategy.

If their official rules dictate than in case of doubt, presume the person is dangerous, you kind of have to presume the same; it's basically prisoner dilemma, basic game theory.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

i heard that if you get shot by a cop and survive you turn into a cop on the next full moon

Holy poo poo, maybe cops are just an amalgamation of all the monsters we've feared for hundreds of years.

Can't come into your house unless you invite them in
need to use special (armor piercing) bullets to kill them
You need to act docile and subservient around them or they'll kill you

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Remember to hang your garbage bag up in a tree at night or the cops will get into it

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

If you steal a cops gun he can't shoot you

Unfortunately his buddies still can :/

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Unfortunately his buddies still can :/

Never get between a cop and her cubs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Retromancer posted:

need to use special (armor piercing) bullets to kill them

one of the conjectures about where the idea of needing a silver weapon or bullet came from is that in the context of these stories is a feudal society where the local ruler would be expected to protect the populace

so the requirement of a silver weapon ensures that the people require the rich guy to save them with his precious, pure, metal

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

fuedal lords had more vested interest in protecting people than modern cops do

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Wheeee posted:

fuedal lords had more vested interest in protecting people than modern cops do

Knights were probably better at policing than cops yeah

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Considering they actually got off their rear end to deliver justice

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know capitalism is a really good system when feudal serfdom looks pleasant from here

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

fuedal serfdom primarily looks worse than capitalism due to the material conditions of the time versus ours, when you examine the actual fundamental power dynamics the only real step forward that capitalism took was changing the barrier to entry to the privileged classes

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Wheeee posted:

fuedal serfdom primarily looks worse than capitalism due to the material conditions of the time versus ours, when you examine the actual fundamental power dynamics the only real step forward that capitalism took was changing the barrier to entry to the privileged classes

In her book A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous Fourteenth Century, Barbara Tuchman writes about a peasant revolt in 1358 that began in the village of St. Leu and spread throughout the Oise Valley. At one estate, the serfs sacked the manor house, killed the knight, and roasted him on a spit in front of his wife and kids. Then, after ten or twelve peasants violated the lady, with the children still watching, they forced her to eat the roasted flesh of her dead husband and then killed her.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

we could all learn from the example of those serfs

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

arm the working class with spears and crossbows. if you think spears are boring you can have a montante I guess.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the revolt started from a famine so roasting that dude makes sense and is a p solid own

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

In her book A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous Fourteenth Century, Barbara Tuchman writes about a peasant revolt in 1358 that began in the village of St. Leu and spread throughout the Oise Valley. At one estate, the serfs sacked the manor house, killed the knight, and roasted him on a spit in front of his wife and kids. Then, after ten or twelve peasants violated the lady, with the children still watching, they forced her to eat the roasted flesh of her dead husband and then killed her.

8/10 for not eating the rich themselves

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
could do without the gangrape, personally

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

eh wasnt that the age of when the feudal lord had first dibs on your bride

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Rated PG-34 posted:

eh wasnt that the age of when the feudal lord had first dibs on your bride

Was never that time, legally anyway. Droit de signeur has never ever been a thing outside of people convinced that the medieval period is always worse than what follows it and certain fetishists. It's like chastity belts.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

keep in mind that the historical accounts that survived to the modern day were written by people mostly associated with and sympathetic to the nobles, and needed to portray the peasants as brutal inhuman savages, both to show a moral necessity for feudalism and in order to justify the bloody, murderous reprisals the nobles committed against pretty much the entire region

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Josef bugman posted:

Was never that time, legally anyway. Droit de signeur has never ever been a thing outside of people convinced that the medieval period is always worse than what follows it and certain fetishists. It's like chastity belts.

it's all braveheart's fault

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm actually fairly sure this is true lol

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

keep in mind that the historical accounts that survived to the modern day were written by people mostly associated with and sympathetic to the nobles, and needed to portray the peasants as brutal inhuman savages, both to show a moral necessity for feudalism and in order to justify the bloody, murderous reprisals the nobles committed against pretty much the entire region

Josef bugman posted:

Yeah, it was (and still is, check the mideast thread of despair for examples) pretty common to accuse your opponents of being inhuman rape monsters, and then people take it as real historical fact and then you get game of thrones.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Now that is some good class warfare :discourse:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Wheeee posted:

serfdom is honest with the masses about their futures. But in capitalism you have a .1% chance to make it to the top and get some serfs of your own, so hang in there buddy!

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Serfs could gain nobility by killing people valor in battle, right? So it's pretty much the same.

Main Paineframe posted:

That's how I approach paganism and Native American religion, too.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The problems start when somebody approaches the Jewish holocaust this way.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is a whole lot of primary source material for that, though.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Poniard posted:

arm the working class with spears and crossbows. if you think spears are boring you can have a montante I guess.

Actually arm them with guns, specifically "military style assault weapons"

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Teal posted:

The problems start when somebody approaches the Jewish holocaust this way.

you indirectly supported their point, as it is entirely intentional that you think of it as the jewish holocaust rather than simply the holocaust, despite the fact that the jews were merely the primary antagonist among many groups in the nazi canon and that millions of non-jews were also exterminated

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:chloe:

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheeee posted:

you indirectly supported their point, as it is entirely intentional that you think of it as the jewish holocaust rather than simply the holocaust, despite the fact that the jews were merely the primary antagonist among many groups in the nazi canon and that millions of non-jews were also exterminated

I actually went with the Jewish one in particular because it's the one most commonly denied in the west...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i blame gilgamesh

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

are the modern alt-right nazis still denying it? i honestly don't know if holocaust denial still exists outside the fringe of the far-right or if they've moved on to a combination of mistakes were made/had it coming

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wheeee posted:

are the modern alt-right nazis still denying it? i honestly don't know if holocaust denial still exists outside the fringe of the far-right or if they've moved on to a combination of mistakes were made/had it coming

well recall that the official white house
position for a while was that hitler never killed his own people

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Teal posted:

I actually went with the Jewish one in particular because it's the one most commonly denied in the west...

uh, I think the Armenian genocide (which many Western countries still refuse to officially recognize as a thing that happened) is more commonly denied than the Holocaust, which is flat-out illegal to deny in some Western countries

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Main Paineframe posted:

uh, I think the Armenian genocide (which many Western countries still refuse to officially recognize as a thing that happened) is more commonly denied than the Holocaust, which is flat-out illegal to deny in some Western countries

I thought most Western countries go the US route. They acknowledge it happened and don't claim that the numbers were exagerated, but using the word genocide is a no go because it makes Turkey upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Rich dude injects his dick with stem cells to make it bigger.

https://gizmodo.com/this-guy-injected-his-dick-with-stem-cells-to-try-to-ma-1823245542

I don't know if biohacking is a guillotinable offense in and of itself, but most of them are SV programmer libertarians so I'm gonna go with it.