Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

• King Burgundy
o Literally zero content, othen than a vote on MMT for no reason.
o Later a vote on Quid because of “gut read” (also gut read on AS)

• Mr. F!
o Who is this person

Hmmm.

KB: Literally zero content. Except this content. Also later this other content.
Mr. F!(The true literal zero): Who is this?

Really? Seems like someone has a bias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

I must be weak-minded, breaking my policy to engage a Scum...

Excuse me, but it seems like you're referring to a previous "intentional formatting mistake"... I'm confused, can you do a kind favor and go back and quote it?
[/quote]

Ah, I thought you were trying to be funny with your unvote of Tolly (I think?) Because for a split second, it was unbolded.

I quoted it to point this out, but you had ninja fixed it before I had even pressed quote.

Hence my legitimate astonishment.

I realized that if you fixed it, you weren't being facetious and I backed off.

That's all.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm.

I mean, your only content is lovely so I see what they are saying.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Strongest gut call still on AS, I can also see what Tobbs is saying on Stickup and would vote(although it makes me feel bad since he stuck up for me).

##vote AS

Would also vote Mr.F for being the prime lurker. Weirded out by Dancer's post I quoted, but he's new so I'll leave him be for now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
WHERE HAVE ALL THE COWBOYS GONE

DOOT DOO DOO
DOOT DOO DOO
DOOT DOO DOO
DOOT DOO DOO

This is a long day 1.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

50 pounds of bread posted:

I mean, your only content is lovely so I see what they are saying.

In case it wasn't clear. Wasn't objecting to the call out. I expect it with this play style. Was objecting to the differences in call outs of different posters. Seems to be giving me the most negative review despite someone else having literally zero posts other than "confirming".

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Atomic Soda posted:

fwiw i am in the same boat as retro.

I missed AS following Opo on the miller thing.

AS' other content is pretty blah, random comments on people that don't look like they are getting us anywhere near determining that player's alignment.

AS' vote on Tolly was hanging around without a case.

This could be a cute little scum. ##vote AS

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

In case it wasn't clear. Wasn't objecting to the call out. I expect it with this play style. Was objecting to the differences in call outs of different posters. Seems to be giving me the most negative review despite someone else having literally zero posts other than "confirming".

Cool, gotcha.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm.

I suppose it depends on your definition of content. 'I have a gutread' and dropping a vote clearly isn't a case, though it is a voting record. I'm not a huge fan of this posting style since it doesn't drive discussion, but I've seen it get results and also know KB is intentionally shifting his meta.

The fact he showed up and removed his Quid vote after MMT shot him and the fact he's returning and giving more opinions that I agree with (AS's 'me too' vote on Tobbs being bad), makes me lean town on him. Hope to see more and see how this new meta develops.

So far I like this version better than Gulag's 'hey i know lets kill X' without any reasoning given whatsoever.

Now that the weekend is over and the day is getting closer to ending I'm expecting the lurkers and content lurkers to start contributing. It's still early in the day but it's time to start getting serious.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I would vote AS as well.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Oh my god.

There's two of them.

I just hope they aren't TheRam 2.0

Dancer posted:

Btw, can someone clarify for me, in vanilla mafia terms, what dayvig and brutal cop are? My current understanding is, a dayvig is someone who can kill someone at some point during the day (presumably one time only). Presumably town-alligned, but could be other allignments too. Brutal cop is the same, except it doesn't kill town-alligned people? So in the case of Quid having some sort of protection, we don't know the difference, but otherwise MMT is brutal cop.

Is there precedent for there being a role that can do a 100% harmless "day kill" for a gambit or sth?

Dayvig shoots anyone and they die, usually. Brutal Cop kills anyone not town. I just don't think I've ever seen a day one. Anyways, DBD posted There may be a few experimental roles, as always with my games in his OP so I don't really think we've learned anything about Quid for sure. However, I'll take it as tentatively confirming MMT because I can't really think of any reason it wouldn't. I think scum having something like that would be too unbalanced.

merk posted:

DGK has a lot of posts, but I have no idea what he thinks about anything. That seems bad.

I'm not entirely sure how, other than you pretty much saying you didn't read the thread and just searched your name not being a joke. But in honor of Lumpen and his clone, I'll put together an effortlist when Im not too busy today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

I'm not entirely sure how, other than you pretty much saying you didn't read the thread and just searched your name not being a joke. But in honor of Lumpen and his clone, I'll put together an effortlist when Im not too busy today.

Weird vote on AA with mischaracterizations of posts to try to make the vote look legitimate.
Weird vote on Lando. Forgot about AA I guess?
Weird vote on merk without remorse or recalculation when it's made clear that this vote made no sense.
Lots of banter that looks irrelevant.

That's my read of your game, buddo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This works? ##votecount

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

This works? ##votecount

Not to my knowledge.

Votecount for Day 1

sentimental snail (3): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Anomalous Amalgam, Tobbs Gnawed, Dancer
Tobbs Gnawed (2): flerp, Anomalous Amalgam, Tolly Totes, Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, Atomic Soda, Tolly Totes, Hal Incandenza
Atomic Soda (2): King Burgundy, merk
Anomalous Amalgam (2): DGK2000, Gridlocked, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, merk, DGK2000, merk, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, b-minus1, Lumpen
Retro Futurist (2): Quidthulhu, merk, sentimental snail, merk
merk (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, HiipFire, HiipFire, DGK2000
HiipFire (1): Dancer, Dancer, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, b-minus1, Lando131
DGK2000 (1): HiipFire, merk, merk
King Burgundy (0): Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Dancer, Dancer
Lumpen (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, sentimental snail, Lando131, Lando131, sentimental snail
Quidthulhu (0): Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
b-minus1 (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
50 pounds of bread (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Dancer (0): Dancer, Dancer
flerp (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Tolly Totes (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lumpen, Lando131, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lando131, Lando131, Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lando131, Lumpen
Lando131 (0): merk, merk, DGK2000, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, DGK2000
Murmur Twin (0): sentimental snail, sentimental snail, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist

Not Voting (8): 50 pounds of bread, Atomic Soda, b-minus1, Dead Cow, Mr. F!, Murmur Twin, Retro Futurist, Tolly Totes

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 27th, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
I’d vote DGK or Lumpen. I’d also vote somebody who isn’t posting.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm.

I view a lack of posting as a thing that can happen to anyone. Life, or lack of motivation, who knows. A lack of posting *while flinging accusations without supporting them at all* is indeed something I am biased against. So ok, you're trying to break the meta, I'll keep in mind, but I will still probably more easily view you as suspect for it.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

In the middle of a reread.

sentimental snail can I ask you your opinion of Tobbs?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

You answered your own question earlier. Because it clears herself and another and she might not get another chance.

This is another way that RF is weirding me out. I think of him as someone who has a pretty good handle on setups and mafia theory even if he isn't paying all that much attention to the thread. MMT explained her reasons for using it pretty clearly right after she did it, and even if she hasn't it isn't that crazy to use that power right away especially if you are someone who has a fair risk of dying early in the game for meta reasons like MMT does and RF knows that.

And the whole lack of comprehension that host/human can be both an alignment and also a trait and those can be mutually exclusive is strange to me. It's not just RF doing that, but I also think that is something that shouldn't confuse him too much.

I guess I can't say if that makes him extra lazy town or intentionally obtuse scum but it seems out of character for him.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Feel free to assume anything I do this game is a gut read based on tone or meta until I spell something out because I think it is important.

Did you decide on this new approach before or after the game started?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Did you decide on this new approach before or after the game started?

He's been talking about it since FF7.

You can probably blame me :)

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

On a re-read, I didn't make this clear enough in my last post.
"Vote X, because I feel like it"
"Vote Y, because my gut"
is not what I see as content of value. Yes Mr. F, and flerp, and HiipFire are also zero-content people. It is easier for me to view them as lazy (as opposed to malicious), while you fall a bit closer to the likely malicious end of the spectrum.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm sticking with my vote.

I also find it hard to believe DBD would put in a role that could potentially mod confirm two people D1.

I believe MMT's claim about her role, so this sticks out. Regardless I'd like RF to consider whether or not Quidthulu flipping would do anything to help town. Personally I think both MMT and Quid are terrible choices for a day 1 lynch and would not vote either of them. Quid in particular hasn't posted enough reads to even be of much use when he flips, and most likely he'll flip town or 3p based on MMT's claimed role.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

He's been talking about it since FF7.

You can probably blame me :)

I thought so but I wanted to make sure

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

WHERE HAVE ALL THE COWBOYS GONE

DOOT DOO DOO
DOOT DOO DOO
DOOT DOO DOO
DOOT DOO DOO

This is a long day 1.

It's long indeed but it has made people post more content so that is cool.

Did you drop your PR?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's long indeed but it has made people post more content so that is cool.

Did you drop your PR?

No, friend, of course not.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah ok I guess that stuff makes sense ##unvote

MMT is more likely 3P. If her role specifically lets her kill Non-Hosts only, AND we know that there are Host aligned Humans (ie if she shot me I'd presumably die and I'm town), and we can assume there are Scum Aligned Hosts, her role doesn't make sense for Town OR Scum.

Let me get this right, I think I know what you're getting at here. Do you think that MMT is a 3P that wins when all Host aligned Humans (ie you), and Human aligned Humans (ie scum), are dead?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lando131 posted:

Let me get this right, I think I know what you're getting at here. Do you think that MMT is a 3P that wins when all Host aligned Humans (ie you), and Human aligned Humans (ie scum), are dead?

That would be an interesting role.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

gently caress. This flavor thing is a quagmire and I am sorry I brought it up. Going to take notes from now on and not stream of consciousness post anymore until my reread is over.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We probably should start talking about who we are going to lynch soon. If we don't, we're going to be mad dash bad voting through the d1 lynch with little to no explanation for why people are voting the way they're voting.

Cuties!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

We probably should start talking about who we are going to lynch soon. If we don't, we're going to be mad dash bad voting through the d1 lynch with little to no explanation for why people are voting the way they're voting.

Cuties!

Snail, AS, or b-

I bet there's a scum there.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm here again!

Right now my assessment of the game is that Tolly, AA, and RF are all town. They've all done stuff that could be easily interpreted as suspicious, but in all three cases the way they've acted since being cased has changed my mind. Tolly explained what she was thinking as she did it, AA has shown a willingness to answer any cases thrown at him / seemed genuinely frustrated at the case on him, and the case on RF seems like mountains being made over molehills.

Lumpen posted:

I'm voting AA because his posts about "the end of jokephase" struck me as insincere, he acted overly indignant and flailed, he dodged questions, he got OMGUs-interested in pushing MMT who I think is Town, in general seems defensively voting only people who seem suspicious of him, then throws out what I consider a weak and bad case on snail. My gut tells me he's the best lynch I'm seeing today.

I suspect Tolly for 3rd-vote on D1, question dodging, and gut.

I'm re-reading over Lumpen and am starting to feel like he's scum.

I had the same opinion Lumpen did regarding AA at the start of the game - I thought the "end of jokephase" stuff was insincere too. But none of the other stuff Lumpen cites as reasons to be suspicious of AA really work for me:

(a) AA was indignant and accused me of being scum when I cased him, sure, but those are normal town reactions. I'dve been the same way if I were on the receiving end of that case. Lumpen: how would you expect a town AA to react compared to what you've seen this game?
(b) I don't really think AA was flailing or dodging questions. He made a few weird posts that seemed to be inspired by not having fully read everything, but again I think that's something town is more likely to do (:justpost: instead of holding back). Lumpen: can you provide any examples that pinged you?
(c) I can't imagine a world where town Lumpen would have a problem with AA's case on Snail, but not make a post interrogating the perceived flaws in it. He just mentions it offhandedly in a list of "why AA is suspicious".
(d) I also can't imagine a world where town Lumpen wouldn't have cased Snail (who was also notably left off his LumpenList) himself by now. Lumpen: what's your opinion of Snail?
(e) His opinion of Tolly doesn't seem to factor in her explanation of why she voted Tobbs. Lumpen: do you really think that was a scum plot on her part?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Forgot to ##vote Lumpen

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Lando131 posted:

gently caress. This flavor thing is a quagmire and I am sorry I brought it up. Going to take notes from now on and not stream of consciousness post anymore until my reread is over.

i honestly have no idea what you are trying to figure out in your most recent posts. Especially when you're asking other players to comment on a specific player? maybe you're just overconfirned new town, but it really feels like you are playing with extra knowledge.

Lando131 posted:

In the middle of a reread.

sentimental snail can I ask you your opinion of Tobbs?

also don't like how silent quid has been, considering he is usually a high volume poster and was implicated in a in a failed day action. mmt has gone radio silent too.
not a fan of lynching lurkers (mr f, snail, flerp).

Lean scum: 50 pounds, AA, lando, rf

Lean town: tobbs, lumpen, merk, KB, mmt
Neutral on everyone else

I'll be around until deadline

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
someday i will learn to refresh before i submit my post

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I am going to be adamant about the fact that hosts are host aligned and humans are human aligned unless they are millers 3p or godfathers.

Are we still stuck on this. Dad clarified that Host and Humsn sre just theme appropriate replacements for Town and Scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Deadline is tomorrow.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hi the weekend is over, still busy, will try to find time by tonight to look over what's happened, but can i get like a quick review of things that happened i.e. big cases and scum suspects? wanna catch up and start playing

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

flerp posted:

hi the weekend is over, still busy, will try to find time by tonight to look over what's happened, but can i get like a quick review of things that happened i.e. big cases and scum suspects? wanna catch up and start playing

You were vigged and flipped scum. Make a dead post.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

sentimental snail posted:

I would vote for rf. probably would not for kb, probably would for most others

---

rf willfully tossed out a vote without reading to see what he was agreeing with, or even checking to see if he actually agreed with something.

I don't fault kb or anyone for not participating much or not putting out content on a day one weekend with 90% fluff. I'm not willing to vote him when that's the entire case.

I don't understand what's going on in most of this post. but I feel like the narrative being stuck on knowing or not knowing it's her second game is something that scum are totally content with, if not driving themselves.

it's all white noise detracting from a few things that should be looked at. here's one ##vote rf

If not Lumpen, Snail is my other top choice for scum. To me he reads exactly like I do when I'm scum and feel too far behind on the game to churn out fake opinions.

Also, the fact that he gives KB a pass while coming down on RF doesn't feel sincere to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i saw the mmt shoot quid thing and the flavor arguments around it and thats about it. flavor arguments are dumb and worthless and i hate them so i will ignore from now until forever. ive seen like tolly totes be talked a lot but im not rly sure why

• Locked thread