Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Warriors fired their League of Legend coach 4 games in!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Carlosologist posted:

Anthony Davis would be MVP if we followed the idea that a team would be a disastrous wreck without his production

Embiid is the MVP by that metric as much as I find the 76ers Uncouth and Distasteful.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Carlosologist posted:

Anthony Davis would be MVP if we followed the idea that a team would be a disastrous wreck without his production

On top of the Cousins injury, yeah. And they are still without their best/only wing defender.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hope the Pels get into the top half of the conference so AD can get legitimate hardware consideration

also lol only 5.5 games separate the Wolves from the Jazz, the entire west is going to be a bloodbath in March

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Always funny to check out crazy Davis stats on Basketball-Reference and get a reminder that the guy is just 24 years old.

quote:

Davis is averaging 41.5 points, 15 rebounds (18 boards on Monday), 3.2 steals, and 3.2 blocks over the Pelicans’ 6-0 win streak.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 27, 2018

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

Warriors fired their League of Legend coach 4 games in!!

With the talent on that team anyone could coach them!!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Jack's Flow posted:

Always funny to check out crazy Davis stats on Basketball-Reference and get a reminder that the guy is just 24 years old.

Jrue is playing well during the streak, too!

----

:unsmith:

https://twitter.com/timelesssports_/status/968355667244453888

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kibner posted:

Jrue is playing well during the streak, too!

----

:unsmith:

https://twitter.com/timelesssports_/status/968355667244453888

That was a fun team

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/968525909648080896

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:laffo: thats something you never live down.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Hahahaha imagine BBB trying to contain this footage like Nike did when LeBron got dunked on by some nobody.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Hahahaha imagine BBB trying to contain this footage like Nike did when LeBron got dunked on by some nobody.

That nobody made it to the NBA, but yeah he was kinda bad.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

euphronius posted:

That was a fun team

A shame every single one of them suffered from injuries (other than Mo Pete, anyway) during their run.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/968487050226872322

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lol lozno is trash

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Tae is in all of us

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Computer, enhance

uh...hey baby

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/968525749299957763

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Lmfao don’t hurt em Pelicans Twitter

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I really have barely heard people talking about Skip bayless in the past year or so. Do people care about that show?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Wasn't Petrovic the one who didn't shower for days at a time so people would be uncomfortable guarding him due to how smelly he was

What a god

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jack's Flow posted:

That's right around when Skip flapped his trap.
https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/966352430827954177

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Jack's Flow posted:

This is like 50% of my basketball enjoyment since the Cousins injury.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cool Buff Man posted:

Embiid is the MVP by that metric as much as I find the 76ers Uncouth and Distasteful.

I feel like it's probably still LeBron

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like it's probably still LeBron

Lebron playing like (relative) poo poo was part of the Cavs problem in the mid part of the year so I dunno about that

But as they say "it's always Lebron"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's clearly lebron. Imho. He was the best player on the floor in the ASG and it wasn't close.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

euphronius posted:

It's clearly lebron. Imho. He was the best player on the floor in the ASG and it wasn't close.

That doesn't mean he's most valuable now, does it?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

If the Cavs under-perform and end up like the third seed there's no way it will be Lebron, the voters already hate voting for him

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lebron playing like (relative) poo poo was part of the Cavs problem in the mid part of the year so I dunno about that

But as they say "it's always Lebron"

He was shooting 50% from the field and averaging 24/7/7

e: that being said the MVP is so obviously James Harden and Im really confused why it is an argument.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wasn't Petrovic the one who didn't shower for days at a time so people would be uncomfortable guarding him due to how smelly he was

What a god

Imagine if people were this competitive on curved tests.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

If the Cavs under-perform and end up like the third seed there's no way it will be Lebron, the voters already hate voting for him

Yeah no doubt

Im my MVP standards tho it's him.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Is this the "Let's try to drum up storylines to avoid giving it to Harden" point of the year?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

e: that being said the MVP is so obviously James Harden and Im really confused why it is an argument.

This was most definitely below Lebron's amazingly high standards and he looked disengaged on the court. I'd still give anything to have this version of Lebron on my favorite team however. It's his own fault for being too good

And yes it's Harden

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Lockback posted:

Is this the "Let's try to drum up storylines to avoid giving it to Harden" point of the year?

I'm just waiting for AD to average 40+ points for the rest of the season and drag the Pels to the 3 seed to snatch it from him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I have the data to prove Andre Roberson is the real mvp

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

I have the data to prove Andre Roberson is the real mvp

Isn't it Cam Payne?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Paul Zuvella posted:

That should have been the case last year too, imo

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If anyone from OKC is the MVP it is their best player.

Steven Adams.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
recommend me some good NBA podcasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

SHOAH NUFF posted:

recommend me some good NBA podcasts

I really like the Lowe post. The ringer does 5 a week (different shows every week) and they range from Terrible (Tuesday, Friday) to pretty good! (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday).

Woj's podcast is really good too.

• Locked thread