Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Dead Cow posted:

Wow, that's terrible. I would vote myself to prevent a no lynch because some information is better than no information. Why are you so selfish?

are you jesus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
For the record, I would only ever self-hammer as scum.

Not lynching town is good. N1 flips/actions can give info for D2. If I realllllyyyy strongly think a player is town I won't vote for them.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dead Cow posted:

Wow, that's terrible. I would vote myself to prevent a no lynch because some information is better than no information. Why are you so selfish?

If I'm at -1 and we no lynch because the thread couldn't get their poo poo together that's not on me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also I'm not on the chopping block today so that was obviously hypothetical.

Also :jerkbag:

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Atomic Soda posted:

are you jesus?

The needs of the many etc etc

Dancer
May 23, 2011
One hour left, at -3, should I be panicking?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'm around if it ends up not being DGK.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dancer posted:

One hour left, at -3, should I be panicking?

If he doesn't come claim or something in the next half hour I'll move back to him.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Good morning thread. Am getting caught up asap as I just got to work and had some big ish news (I got offered an interview for when my contract runs out)

I unsersmd deadline is soon. Ill try to phone read quickly

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
im really sorry guys im not going to have time to post anymore before deadline. didnt realize the deadline was so early. i just won an award and a bunch of coworkers want to go out to celebrate. i havent read any posts from today so to be fair, im going to ##unvote. sorry, i know this is a really lovely thing to do.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

im really sorry guys im not going to have time to post anymore before deadline. didnt realize the deadline was so early. i just won an award and a bunch of coworkers want to go out to celebrate. i havent read any posts from today so to be fair, im going to ##unvote. sorry, i know this is a really lovely thing to do.

lovely how? You weren't even voting to begin with. So, thanks for the same thing?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

b-minus1 posted:

Yes it is lovely (if you're Town) to not have a vote down at deadline. You unvoted but you already were not voting for anyone.

You posted these suspicions, the least you could do is put a vote on one of them.

b-minus1 posted:

also don't like how silent quid has been, considering he is usually a high volume poster and was implicated in a in a failed day action. mmt has gone radio silent too.
not a fan of lynching lurkers (mr f, snail, flerp).

Lean scum: 50 pounds, AA, lando, rf

Lean town: tobbs, lumpen, merk, KB, mmt
Neutral on everyone else

I'll be around until deadline
But who am I to criticize?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Lumpen posted:

Yes it is lovely (if you're Town) to not have a vote down at deadline. You unvoted but you already were not voting for anyone.

You posted these suspicions, the least you could do is put a vote on one of them.

But who am I to criticize?

merk posted:

Oooh this is good stuff.

Lumpen posted:

Ok then it's a fair bet that Mr. F is getting replaced.

##Vote sentimental snail

merk posted:

I’d only vote F to avoid no lynch. We have to be able to do better. I think he’s getting replaced.

Merk/Lumpen: do these posts count towards your PR?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Rigjt don't have time to quote on phone. Quick fire opinions after catch up.

DKG confused me a bit ad he lushed a case on me then backed of and called merk out on doing the same. Sorry if thats a rude or rough assessment.

Merk is trying hard to be the ahead of the huntinf pack. I appreciate the zeal though it can feel a bit like he's trying to lead.

AA doesn't like my early vote and the fact I'm sticking with it. I find it hard to say if he is not happy something is sticking or if he's just annoyed at the basic vote looking hypocritical I his eyes.

I still love MMT. Tobbs I'm sure you will survive the night don't panic.

I frankly dono snail and clearly others get something I don't so ima sticl with my now pointless vote and try tp hope for more info tonight

Its 859 and Im rapidly phlne typing now. So yeah sticking with my startving vote.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
On my phone. That B-minus1 fake unvote is disgusting and we should loom at him hard tomorrow. Do we have time to flip him today? I have 20 minutes.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Oh it shuts at 10 not 9 gently caress me here I was panic typing

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Lando131 posted:

On my phone. That B-minus1 fake unvote is disgusting and we should loom at him hard tomorrow. Do we have time to flip him today? I have 20 minutes.

I would vote b-minus

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
b-minus is on my list of scummy players for sure. Coming in and unvoting when not voting seems like such a dumbass thing to do that it's almost alignment neutral, though.

I don't think snail is coming back to claim. 25 minutes.

##vote snail

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Since it seems like people are unwilling to listen to the Merk case / deadline is coming I'll ##vote Snail.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Gridlocked posted:

DKG confused me a bit ad he lushed a case on me then backed of and called merk out on doing the same. Sorry if thats a rude or rough assessment.

It is not impossible in my mind for both of you to be scum. I do not see it beyond Merk to bus his scumbuddy.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lando131 posted:

You also ausbro lando? work posting buds :coffeepal:

Also now I'm not an hour ahead in my mind I'll see if I should swap my vote. Though I frankly still stand by my justification for my initial vote, but on reflection it mayne necause I'm used to one night ultimate werewolf and jumping on the first suspicion there is a typical wolf play.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Merk/Lumpen: do these posts count towards your PR?

Like am I wrong in wondering what the hell kind of posting restriction allows the players to post normally some of the time? Has a role like that ever existed?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

sentimental snail (11): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Anomalous Amalgam, Tobbs Gnawed, Dancer, Tobbs Gnawed, Dancer, Dancer, Anomalous Amalgam, Dead Cow, Retro Futurist, Tobbs Gnawed, King Burgundy, DGK2000, Lumpen, Lando131, Anomalous Amalgam, Tobbs Gnawed, Atomic Soda, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin
DGK2000 (4): HiipFire, merk, merk, 50 pounds of bread, Tolly Totes, merk, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Anomalous Amalgam (2): DGK2000, Gridlocked, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, merk, DGK2000, merk, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, b-minus1, Lumpen, Hal Incandenza, Lumpen
Retro Futurist (2): Quidthulhu, merk, sentimental snail, merk
Tobbs Gnawed (1): flerp, Anomalous Amalgam, Tolly Totes, Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, Atomic Soda, Tolly Totes, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
merk (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, HiipFire, HiipFire, DGK2000, Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, DGK2000, Lando131, Atomic Soda, Murmur Twin, Dancer, Dancer, Lando131, DGK2000, DGK2000, Atomic Soda
King Burgundy (0): Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Dancer, Dancer, merk, Lumpen, Lumpen, merk
Lumpen (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, sentimental snail, Lando131, Lando131, sentimental snail, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, merk, merk
Atomic Soda (0): King Burgundy, merk, merk, merk, merk, King Burgundy
Quidthulhu (0): Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
HiipFire (0): Dancer, Dancer, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, b-minus1, Lando131, Lando131, Lando131, Lando131
Mr. F! (0): Tolly Totes, Lando131, Lando131, Lando131, Lumpen, Lumpen, Tolly Totes, Lando131
Dead Cow (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin
b-minus1 (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
50 pounds of bread (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Dancer (0): Dancer, Dancer
Gridlocked (0): merk, DGK2000, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, DGK2000, Anomalous Amalgam
flerp (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Tolly Totes (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lumpen, Lando131, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lando131, Lando131, Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lando131, Lumpen
Lando131 (0): merk, merk, DGK2000, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, DGK2000
Murmur Twin (0): sentimental snail, sentimental snail, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist, merk, merk

Not Voting (2): b-minus1, Mr. F!

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 27th, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 21 minutes.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

No I work swing PST. More importantly 22 min left Snail at -1.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

DGK2000 posted:

It is not impossible in my mind for both of you to be scum. I do not see it beyond Merk to bus his scumbuddy.

This is true. You may not remember because not was 2 years ago but we played two sa mafia games togther and we were scum togther in my 2nd one. We won and it was great :3:

You and dc also were in my first one where I was one of the last 3 alive.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Murmur Twin posted:

Like am I wrong in wondering what the hell kind of posting restriction allows the players to post normally some of the time? Has a role like that ever existed?

i'm not overly familiar with funny talks but it sounds like a good point to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

MMT, you don't like my 'push on you,' but what did I get you to divulge to the thread that you hadn't already told us? Where was I rolefishing? What was I doing that you think improves my position if I'm scum?

I was applying pressure to what I thought looked like a 3p string claiming. I wanted you lynched. I didn't want any more information beyond your flip.

I've backed off of it, initially because I didn't think it could happen. Now, because I think I see where your reads are coming from, even if I disagree with them.

Also to reply to this: I said "I have 0 bullets" and you said "why are you lying MMT?!?".

The town reaction is to not say anything about it because (A) there's an obvious reason for town to (maybe) lie to scum, and (B) it's ridiculous to fear a 3P on d1 when all I've done is claim/display that I'm brutal cop.
The scum reaction is to call attention to it and grill that player under a false pretense, trying to figure out if they need to be NKed or not.

If I die tonight please don't let my case on Merk die with me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Tobbs posted:

If I die tonight please don't let my case on Merk die with forget flerp killed me.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

Pardon me for my unworthy blather,
but it's not a role, it's an effect of a N0 action on my personality attributes. As I said in a previous post, I must predominantly post in accordance with my altered settings or face some unknown future consequence. It was actually specified that it was not technically a PR and that not every post was expected to comply. It was not specified that I was to keep this secret but then after I mentioned it at first some guidelines were supplied, which I think I've followed adequately.

From my perspective, if merk's situation is the same, he's probably complied enough to avoid the negative consequence as well.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Gridlocked posted:

This is true. You may not remember because not was 2 years ago but we played two sa mafia games togther and we were scum togther in my 2nd one. We won and it was great :3:

I'll look through VF later and go read those games, your name did sound familiar. Might have been one of my last games.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I love your passion for holding flerp accountable but that's a different conversation. Merk is being actively scummy and is apparently good enough to fool other players into thinking post volume = town.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

The Coins of Kerm - A Game of Mafia

This is the last game I played before I stopped. I remember not doing well at all

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Also to reply to this: I said "I have 0 bullets" and you said "why are you lying MMT?!?".

The town reaction is to not say anything about it because (A) there's an obvious reason for town to (maybe) lie to scum, and (B) it's ridiculous to fear a 3P on d1 when all I've done is claim/display that I'm brutal cop.
The scum reaction is to call attention to it and grill that player under a false pretense, trying to figure out if they need to be NKed or not.

If I die tonight please don't let my case on Merk die with me.

Sounds like you could use a drink.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
sooooo we gonna no-lynch?

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

9 minutes. Im off to work dont let me down.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
##vote Snail

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
:redhammer:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lumpen posted:

but it's not a role, it's an effect of a N0 action on my personality attributes. As I said in a previous post, I must predominantly post in accordance with my altered settings or face some unknown future consequence. It was actually specified that it was not technically a PR and that not every post was expected to comply. It was not specified that I was to keep this secret but then after I mentioned it at first some guidelines were supplied, which I think I've followed adequately.

From my perspective, if merk's situation is the same, he's probably complied enough to avoid the negative consequence as well.

Merk hasn't even tried and doesn't seem to worried about it so it doesn't seem strict. I kind of like the idea of it being a semi-cop type role

Dancer
May 23, 2011
8 minutes left, someone please hammer. 50 pounds, you're apparently present and not currently voting snail. Merk is crazy active, he should be around at the deadline (and he's currently voting dgk)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Yeah I don't believe you.

Lumpen posted:

I don't suspect merk because I have reason to believe that these applied PR's would fail to affect a human. I am authorized to say paraphrasing, that my attributes have been modified temporarily, and so this behavior should signal someone that I'm a host, and leads me to conclude merk is likely the same.

---

This is a good point, but I don't think Scum-merk would make it at this time and gamestate. I continue to feel merk is likely Town based on the PR, but he gives good reason not to write it off for the whole game. For either of us and certainly not for people in future days.

What's more believable? Town got a PR that isn't a PR, that is optional, with an unknown consequence? Or that Merk and Lumpen are scumbros using a fake PR for cred?

• Locked thread